- 10+ years of experience in IT industry with major focus on AWS/DevOps, Software Configuration and Build/Release Management, Linux Administration and support.
- Experience in the areas of DevOps, CI/CD Pipeline, Build and release management, AWS/Azure and Linux/Windows Administration.
- Involved in designing and deploying applications utilizing almost all the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, ELB, EBS, VPC, RDS, DynamoDB, SNS, SQS, IAM, KMS, Lambda, Kinesis) and focusing on highavailability, fault tolerance and auto - scaling in AWS Cloud Formation, deployment services (OpsWorks and Cloud Formation) and security practices (IAM, CloudWatch, CloudTrail).
- Experienced in cloud automation using, AWS cloud Formation Templates, Chef and Ansible.
- Implemented multiple CI/CD pipelines as part of DevOps role for on-premises and cloud-based software using Jenkins, Ansible and AWS/Docker.
- Experience in understanding business requirements for analysis, database design & development of applications.
- Experienced in AWS CLI.
- Involved heavily in setting up the CI/CD pipeline using Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, GitHub, Terraform and AWS.
- Expertise in Elastic Load Balancing (ELB) to implement fault tolerance and avoid single point of failure of applications, thus providing high reliability and efficient usage.
- Expertise on Azure Fabric, Microservices, IoT & Docker containers in Azure. Good at manage hosting plans for Azure Infrastructure, implementing and deploying workloads on Azure virtual machines (VMs).
- Used JSON to store and organize site content created with the Content management system.
- Used Jenkins pipelines to drive all microservices builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, Created Pods and managed using Kubernetes
- Expertise in Docker container clusters managed by Kubernetes Linux, Bash, GIT, Docker, on GCP (Google Cloud Platform). Utilized Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test deploys.
- Administered Kubernetes clusters on CentOS, CoreOS, AWS, and GKE.
- Good knowledge on networking concepts like routers, switches, DHCP, DNS, OSI layers, TCP/IP protocols.
- Experience with Linux container technology (Docker, CoreOS) and related orchestration tools/platforms (Kubernetes, Mesos).
- AWS and OpenStack to provision new machines for clients. S3 Storage Services on AWS
- Expertise in microservice on boarding tools leveraging Python and Jenkins allowing for easy creation and maintenance of build jobs and Kubernetes deploy and services.
- Created automated pipelines in AWS Code Pipeline to deploy Docker containers in AWS ECS using services like Cloud Formation, Code Build, Code Deploy, S3 and puppet.
- Implemented an automated solution using python and Unix scripting to automate installation and administration of WebSphere Environment.
- Good Understanding of APIGEE architecture.
Operating System: LINUX, UNIX, RHEL/CentOS 6.x/7.x/8.1, Windows, Mac OS
Versioning Tools: GIT, BitBucket
CI/CD Tools: GitHub, Git, SVN, Jenkins, Bamboo, Chef, Docker, AWS, Ansible, Salt.
Build Tools: MAVEN, Gradle, Sonar
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Rally, Remedy and IBM Clear Quest.
Scripting: Java, Shell, Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash
Web Technologies: HTML, Java Script, XML, Servlets, JDBC, CSS, JSP, Drupal
Web/App servers: Apache Tomcat, JBOSS, Web logic, Web Sphere
Database: Oracle 9i/11g & 12C, SQL SERVER, MySQL.
Cloud: AWS (EC2, VPC, AMI, EBS Volumes, S3, RDS, IAM, Cloud Formation Templates, Cloud Watch, Auto-Scaling, Route53, ELB Microsoft Azure.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Sr. DevOps Engineer (Automation/Cloud)
- Experience on Architecting and securing the Infrastructure on AWS using IAM, KMS, EMR, Cognito, API Gateway, Cloud Trail, Cloud Watch, Amazon Simple Queue Service (Amazon SQS), Config, AWS Kinesis, Lambda, NACL, Elastic Beanstalk, Redshift and CloudFormation.
- Build the Scripts using MAVEN build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments. Deployment (CD) pipeline involving Jenkins, Ansible to complete the automation from commit to deployment.
- Used Ansible Playbooks to setup Continuous Delivery Pipeline. Deployed micro services, including provisioning AWS environments using Ansible Playbooks.
- Used Ansible and Ansible Tower as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploys critical applications, and proactively manages change.
- Developed Python Modules for Ansible Customizations. worked with AWS via the CLI and management console. Architecting and configuring Virtual Private Clouds (VPCs)
- Hands-on knowledge of software containerization platforms like Docker and container orchestration tools like Kubernetes and Docker Swarm.
- Deployed and administered Microsoft SQL Server in standalone and clustered environments.
- Have knowledge in creating Buckets in AWS and stored files. Enabled Versioning and security for the files stored.
- Experience in Log Insight and Cloud watch services to diagnose problems and configuring alerts.
- Implementing a Continuous delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins 2 and GitHub and AWS AMI's.
- Configure log insight to all the virtual machines where critical applications are installed. Created dash boards to various applications and monitored the logs.
- Experience setting up and maintaining auto-scaling AWS stacks (preferred using cloud formation and scripting).
- Load data into Amazon Redshift and use AWS Cloud Watch to collect and monitor AWS RDS instances within All Connect.
- Provisioned load balancer, auto-scaling group and launch configuration for micro services using Ansible.
- Implemented Ansible to manage all existing servers and automate the build/configuration of new servers.
- Developed and executed a migration strategy to move Data Warehouse from an Oracle platform to AWS Redshift.
- Experienced using different log monitoring tools like Splunk, fluent, ELK and Logstash for to see logs information.
- Configured SSH, SMTP, Build Tools, and Source Control repositories in Jenkins. Installed multiple plugins to Jenkins like Mailer, Struts, Pipeline: SCM Step. Configured Proxy to get auto updates.
- Work closely with Project Managers to understand a code/configuration release scope and how to confirm a release was successful.
- Work on integrating GIT into the continuous Integration (CI) environment along with Jenkins and Subversion.
- Migrating projects from CLEARCASE to GIT and working as GIT admin as well packing and automating builds, code analysis, find bug, maven, CI builds Setup using TFS for all the projects in assurance.
- Build, manage, and continuously improve the build infrastructure for global software development engineering teams including implementation of build scripts, continuous integration infrastructure and deployment tools.
- Used shell scripting to automate procedures for automated deployment in Linux based systems.
- Create repositories according the structure required with branches, tags and trunks.
- Resolving build issues during build and release cycle by conducting meetings with developers and managers.
- Organize a daily stand-up post-deployment meeting to review all issues being tracked. Ensure every issue has an owner and that it is resolved while capturing the specific details about the issue, resolution, and which organizations and individuals provided the resolution.
Environment: Red Hat Linux, AWS, Jira, Jenkins, SVN, TFS, GIT, Docker, Ansible, Shell Scripting, Windows Server 2016, Python, SVN, ANT, Maven and Java
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Sr. DevOps Cloud Engineer
- Designed the overall SCM, CI and Release Management process and workflows
- Worked on various AWS Services like ELB, S3, EC2, RDS, IAM, RDS, VPC, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, CloudFormation, Auto scaling, Lambda, SNS, Cloud Front, Route 53, security groups - CIDR's, VCP, NAT and deployment via SCALR and EC2 Installs with CentOS, Ubuntu and RHEL 6 and Scientific Linux.
- Integrated GIT into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process.
- Implemented branching and strategies and automated release branching process.
- Created a reusable deploy distribution for the system which can be ported to multiple environments without having the need to run separate builds.
- Written modifications to custom Drupal data submission module to allow file uploads.
- Automate Deployment using configuration Management tool like puppet to provision amazon AWS Instances to enable continuous Deployments
- Worked on Cloud automation using AWS and Terraform.
- Created automation for many AWS specific tasks such as parsing a CSV for automated read/writes into DynamoDB so that changes are source controlled and automated via Jenkins.
- Used Openstack and AWS cloud services to launch Linux and windows machines, created security groups and written basic powershell scripts to take backups and mount network shared drives.
- Worked on Installation and configuration of DevOps tool Ansible.
- Used Ansible to document all infrastructures into version control.
- Created various modules and Manifests in Ansible to automate various applications.
- Implementing new projects builds framework using Jenkins & maven as build framework tools.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Ansible, Maven & Nexus in Linux environment.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using CloudWatch.
- Wrote Bash/Shell/Perl scripts for managing day-to-day transactions &for automation of routine tasks.
- Setup monitoring and alerting mechanisms for AWS and private datacenter infrastructure.
- Transitioned Infrastructure from private data center to Cloud (AWS).
- Worked with Docker for convenient environment setup the test environments.
- Automated the deployments using scripts, Udeploy which execute the automated CI and release management process.
- Knowledge on Deploying Couchbase, Tomcat and Elasticsearch clusters using Docker.
- Responsible for Database build, release and configuration using Jenkins AWS Code Deploy plugin to deploy to AWS.
- Begin rapidly utilizing AWS with the AWS SDK for .NET, Optimized volumes and EC2 instances.
- AWS Cloud Management Used IAM to create new accounts, roles and groups and Puppet Automation Integration of Maven/Nexus, Jenkins, Urban Code Deploy with Patterns/Release, GitHub, Confluence, Jira and Cloud Foundry.
- Troubleshooted build issues during the Jenkins build process, Worked on ELK Stack.
- Configured S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to and backup files and archive files in Glacier.
- Resolved system issues and inconsistencies in coordination with quality assurance and engineering teams.
- Perform Deployment of Release to various QA & UAT in Linux environments.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 Auto scaling groups.
Environment: Red Hat Linux 5,6,7, SUSE Linux 10,11, Solaris 9, 10, CI, AWS Cloud, Azure, OpenStack, PowerShell, Jenkins, Maven, Cloudwatch, Docker, ElasticSearch, JIRA, Python, Ruby, Groovy, Shell, Perl, GIT, Jenkins, Cobbler, Maven, AWS EC2, WebSphere, ANT, Chef, Ansible, Confluence, Java, Logstash, Kibana, J2EE, SOA, Abinitio, Autosys, Oracle 11g/12c
Confidential, Burlington, NC
DevOps Automation Engineer
- As member of Release Engineering group, redefined processes and implemented tools for software builds, patch creation, source control, and release tracking and reporting on UNIX platform.
- Deployed Puppet, puppet Dashboard for configuration management to existing infrastructure .
- B uil t DNS s y stem in EC 2a nd mana g e d a ll DN S r e late d tasks.
- Performed the automation using Ansible Configuration management.
- Converted and automated builds using Maven.
- Scheduled automated nightly builds using Jenkins.
- Kept information organized and accessible with a flexible page hierarchy using Atlassian Confluence pages
- Installing application and load balance packages on different server using Ansible.
- To achieve Continuous Delivery goal on high scalable environment, used Docker coupled with load-balancing tool Nginx.
- Developing Ant and Maven scripts to automate the compilation, deployment and testing of Web and J2EE applications.
- Developed GitHooks for the local repository, code commit and remote repository, code push functionality and on GitHub.
- Cre a ti ng sn a pshots and a maz on mac hine image s ( AM I s ) of the insta nc e s fo r ba c kup a nd c r ea ti n g c lone insta nce s.
- Analyze Cassandra database and compare it with other open-source NoSQL databases to find which one of them better suites the current requirement.
- Implemented multi-tier application provisioning in Amazon cloud Services, integrating it with Puppet.
- Provide technical guidance on building solutions using Azure PaaS and other services.
- Develop PowerShell scripts and ARM templates to automate the provisioning and deployment process
- Worked on creation of Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle
- Used Docker containers for eliminating a source of friction between development and operations.
- Used Docker machine as a virtualization between systems.
- Created and managed a Docker deployment pipeline for custom application images in the cloud using Jenkins.
- Implemented Maven builds to automate JAR and WAR.
- Developed automation and deployment utilities using Ruby, Bash, PowerShell, Python, Groovy.
- Integrated builds with Code Quality Tools like coverture, PMD and Check style.
- Used BuildForge for Continuous Integration and deployment into Web Sphere Application Servers.
- Assisted customers in implementing DevOps strategies using BuildForge as the automation engine.
- Releasing code to testing regions or staging areas according to the schedule published. Used Clear quest as ticketing tool.
- Managed the source codes repository of multiple development applications using SVN version control tools.
- Merged release branches to the trunk after the production release and resolved the conflicts if any during the merge in Subversion.
- Created analytical matrices reports for release services based on Remedy tickets.
- Wrote ANT scripts for automated builds and deployments.
- Written Chef Recipes to automate our build/deployment process and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
Environment: Java/J2EE, Maven, Subversion, GIT, SVN, Jenkins, Remedy, Python, Ruby, Groovy, Unix, ANT, Web Sphere Perl Scripting, Shell Scripting, VMware, Perforce, Hudson, Jira, Tomcat, Confluence, Visual Build, Docker.
Build and Release Engineer
- Maintained and Administered GIT Source Code Tool.
- Created Branches, Labels and performed Merges in Stash and GIT.
- Developed Processes, Tools, Automation for Jenkins based Software for Build system and delivering SW Builds.
- Managed Build results in Jenkins and Deployed using workflows.
- Delivered specific versions of various components of an application into target environments.
- Maintain and track inventory using Jenkins and set alerts when the servers are full and need attention.
- Modeled the structure for Multi-tiered applications orchestrate the processes to Deploy each tier.
- Developed build and Deployment Scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Familiar and experienced with Agile Scrum development.
- Proposed and implemented branching strategy suitable for Agile development in Subversion.
- Created Branches and performed Merges in Source Tree& Stash.
- Installed and Configured Jenkins for Automating Deployments and providing a automation solution.
- Integrated GIT into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process.
- Used Jenkins for Automating Builds and Automating Deployments.
- Very strong Project Management experience performing ITIL RM /SCM activities.
Environment: Jenkins, GIT, ANT, MAVEN, JIRA, Python, VMware, Solaris 9/10/11, Red hat Linux, Java, Maven, Apache Kubernetes, Cucumber, BASH & KORN Shell, JAVA/J2EE, WebSphere.
System Administrator/Network Engineer
- As System Administrator and Network Engineer for network support and backup administration team which manages network system support for 150+ desktops and servers managed by the organization through SMART Xchange USA. Managed data center applications and hardware servers supporting applications, including Unix, Citrix and VMware virtual servers, backups for all servers utilizing EMC Networker (Linux based server), and network troubleshooting/maintenance.
- Installation, configuration and administration of Red Hat Linux servers and support for Servers.
- Installation, maintenance and regular upgrades of Red Hat Linux Servers using kickstart based network installation.
- Provided 24x7 System Administration support for Red Hat Linux 3.x, 4. xservers and resolved trouble tickets on shift rotation basis.
- Managing Compaq and Linux workstations and servers.
- Managing Matrix Telecommunication systems.
- Implemented NFS, DNS and NIS under SUN.
- Wrote bash shell scripts for getting information about various Linux servers.
- Administering NFS Mounts.
- Designed bash, ksh, and Perl scripts to automate application and system management activities.
- Scripts provided the following functionality: application startup and shutdown, monitored systems and applications health, and web site management.
- Configured firewall based on Red hat Linux and FreeBSD 6.x that has three network interfaces.
- Administer International Enterprise Level WAN Windows OS & Server technologies.
- Engineered and Implemented internal security via active directory.
- Configure, maintain multiple SonicWALL, WatchGuard’s for international network security.
- Manage automated access entry systems and Alarm Lock DL2000/3000 system by monitoring access.
Environment: s: UNIX/Linux, AIX, Perl, Shell, Monitoring system resources, SFRAC, TSM, Bash, Red hat, WAN, SonicWALL, Bash, Ksh, Perl, VMware, Windows Server 2003, Red Hat Linux v4/5, SQL, PL/SQL, shell scripts, SQL Load, Toad, Putty, Storage.