- Skilled professional with 7+ Years of experience in IT industry comprising of Strong background in Development Operations (DevOps), Linux/Unix &Network Administration, VMWare, CI/CD ( Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment) process , Software Configuration Management (SCM) and Cloud Management all within that suites the needs of an environment under DevOps Culture.
- Using cloud formation template, Installed and configure Apache HTTP Server, Amazon Kinesis Agent on the web server, Kinesis Firehose delivery stream, Amazon ES index and the associated log mappings and all AWS IAM roles and policies.
- Deployed microservices, including provisioning AWS environments using Ansible Playbooks and Provisioned load balancer, auto - scaling group and launch configuration for micro services using Ansible.
- Design, Plan and create Azure virtual machines, Implement and manage virtual networking within Azure and connect to on-premises environments and adjusted the application to have it working on Azure properly.
- Developed an Azure-based high-performance compute environment to support the massive computational requirements of client congressional redistricting Azure application.
- Designed and created multiple deployment strategies using CI/CD Pipeline and configuration management tools with remote execution to ensure zero downtime and shortened automated deployments.
- Worked on Ansible to trigger Jenkins server and used Jenkins as an interface for managing credentials that can be retrieved and be injected into the environment where playbook runs the scripts.
- Implementing a CI/CD (Continuous Integration /Continuous Delivery) framework using Bamboo, Maven & Artifactory in Linux environment and Integration of Maven/Nexus, Bamboo, Bitbucket, Confluence, Jira.
- Installed and configured third party systems, performed System requirements evaluation, security compliance agreement by monitoring the systems and gathering metrics. Developed automated scripts to evaluate and used security hardening.
- Installation and configuration of Fireeye for integrating the threat defenses which Dynamic application containment to analyze malware and to prevent infection.
- Worked in identifying system data, hardware, or software components required to meet user needs, Research, test, or verify proper functioning of software patches and fixes. Performing security analyses of developed or packaged software components. Providing technical guidance or support for the development or troubleshooting of systems.
- Worked with Chef Enterprise Hosted as well as On-Premise, Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server, Managed On-site OS/Applications/Services/Packages using Chef.
- Installed Management Server (vCenter Server) instances to enable centralized management of multiple ESXi hosts. Linked different vCenter servers using linked mode to have a single instance of vSphere client to manage the whole Virtual environment.
- Configuring High Availability (HA), Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS) and VNetwork Distributed Switch (VDS). Configured VMware HA, VMware DRS in acquiring higher efficiency for VMware Infrastructure.
- Shell scripting to automate the maintenance process of the WebLogic Application Server and recover the backed-up WebLogic configuration.
- Developed PowerShell script to fetch necessary information from webpages according to the requirement. Extensive PowerShell experience developing, implementing, and maintaining automation scripts to meet business needs in large scale, highly available, online production environments.
- Wrote PowerShell scripts for automating time consuming or error-prone tasks for reporting and automation addressing either a single customer's environment or multiple customer environments.
- Installing the Splunk Light Weight Forwarders, Forwarders, Indexers, Search Heads after configuring the files like Output.conf, input. conf etc. Managing Splunk licenses etc.
- Installed JIRA and Configured workflows, managed work tickets, installed plugins to optimize the JIRA Ticketing system
- Ability to communicate requirements effectively to team members and manage applications. Provided 24/7 on call support on Linux Production Servers. Responsible for maintaining security on Redhat Linux.
Operating Systems: Sun Solaris 7/8/9/10/11, RHEL/CentOS 5.x/6.x/7, Windows Server 2003/2008/2012
Virtualisation: Virtual Box, VMware vSphere 5.5 /6.0
Languages: Shell, Bash, Perl, Ruby, Python
Databases: MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, PostgreSQL, SQL Server
Web/App Server: Apache, IIS, HIS, Tomcat, WebSphere Application Server, JBoss
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA.
Version Control Tools: Subversion, GIT, Tortoise SVN, Visual SVN
Web/Programing: Servlets, JDBC, JSP, XML, HTML, .Net, Java Script, Java/J2EE, C, C++, Ruby, Perl scripting, Python, Shell
Confidential - Malvern, PA
- Configuring and deploying instances on AWS environment and Data centers, also familiar with EC2, Cloud watch, Elastic Search and managing security groups on AWS.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Experienced in Amazon EC2 setting up instances, virtual private cloud (VPC) and security groups and Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch.
- Provide highly durable and available data by using S3 data store, versioning, lifecycle policies, and create Amis for mission critical production servers for backup and configured S3 bucket to host static website that includes static content.
- Worked on creation and managing IT infrastructure and application stack using AWS Cloud Formation and writing the template file using JSON.
- Wrote Ansible playbooks and securing a server with Ansible and Provisioning, deployment with Ansible and Worked on developing Ansible Go Scripts for automating regular tasks and Worked on playbooks for Ansible in YAML scripting
- Extensively involved in infrastructure as code, execution plans, resource graph and change automation using Terraform. Managed AWS infrastructure as code using Terraform. Used terraform to implement auto scaling, cloud watch in Jenkins.
- Integrated various Version control tools , build tools, nexus and deployment methodologies ( scripting ) into Jenkins to create an end to end orchestration build cycles.
- Involved in verifying stability, interoperability, portability, security, or scalability of system architecture and cloud infrastructure. Documenting design specifications, installation instructions, and other system-related information.
- Involved in Testing, maintain and recommend software improvements to ensure strong functionality and optimization. Independently install, customize and integrate commercial software packages.
- Working with vendor to integrate SNOW and venafi to develop automated processes for IAM/LSTS certs. Working on certificate request fulfilment workflow (on service now) currently uses an API to retrieve credentials from ID vault, which is a manual process converting to automate these steps.
- Installing Third-party/vendor product evaluation and implementation and Integrating SaaS solutions with on-prem infrastructure.
- Work experience in Azure App & Cloud Services, PaaS, Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Power BI, Azure Blob Storage, Web API, VM creation, ARM Templates, PowerShell scripts, IaaS, Lift & Shift, storage, network and database.
- Integrated third party systems with the on-premise Active Directory for the Authorization and Authentication purpose.
- Duties included monitoring and managing performance of ESXi servers and VMs using Virtual center server for HA, DRS, installing and configuring ProxySG.
- Worked with Docker Management platform, leveraged Custom Docker Images as Containerized Apps within the Docker Engine as Multi Stack Application like LAMP.
- Used Ansible / Ansible Tower as Configuration management, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploy critical applications, and proactively manages change and wrote Python Code using Ansible Python API to Automate Cloud Deployment Process.
- Implemented Continuous Integration by integrating Maven, GIT, SonarQube, Nexus with Jenkins. Involved in Installing Jenkins on Linux environment and implemented master - slave configurations to run multiple build operations in parallel.
- Day to day activities like building and deploying code in different environments like DEV, SIT, UTA, Pre-Prod and Prod using Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes and ARM, CHEF and Ansible.
- Automated deployments, scaling, and operations of application containers across clusters of hosts, provided container-centric infrastructure by Kubernetes .
- Wrote Ansible playbooks which is the entry point for Ansible provisioning, where the automation is defined through tasks using YAML format. Run Ansible Scripts to provision Dev servers.
- Integrated software components and third-party tools like crowdstrike and fireeye, verify and deploy software’s and systems according to the client requirements.
- Designing and maintaining production-quality Splunk dashboards. Expert in installing and using Splunk apps for Unix and Linux (Splunk nix) & Linux scripting (SH, BASH, KSH).
- Configured, Maintained and customized JIRA and Confluence as per the requirements to promote team co-ordination and Ticketing system .
Confidential - Houston, TX
Software Developer/Systems Engineer
- Providing security to organization governance by integrating public cloud to 3rd party security tools to check and see any vulnerabilities and phishing activities. Migrating complex, multi-tier applications on Cloud Platforms. Designing and deploying enterprise-wide scalable operations on Cloud Platforms.
- Experienced in Amazon EC2 setting up instances, virtual private cloud (VPC) and security groups and Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch.
- Setup Elastic Load Balancer (ELB) for distributing traffic among multiple Web Logic servers and Involved in deploying the content cloud platform on Amazon Web Services using EC2, S3 and EBS.
- Launched LAMP stacks in multitier AWS instances in different subnets in Amazon VPC, attached ACL's and Security Groups to maintain high security
- Installed and configured Jenkins for Automating Deployments and providing an automation solution and Integrated GitLab into Jenkins to automate the code checkout process.
- Created and configured the continuous delivery pipelines for deploying micro services and lambda functions using Jenkins CI server. Installed and administered Artifactory repository to deploy the artifacts generated by Maven and to store the dependent jar used during the build.
- Integrated Jenkins with SVN source code repository and maintained builds continuously when the developer check-in their code and Managed Jenkins plugins for Tests, Reports, Notification, User Authorization and Deployment.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using Subversion (SVN) and Git source control.
- Administered and Engineered Jenkins for managing weekly Build, Test and Deploy chain, SVN/GIT with Dev/Test/Prod Branching Model for weekly releases. Analyzed the static and dynamic code analysis using the SonarQube and stored successful builds in binary repositories like Nexus .
- Deployed and configured GIT repositories with branching, forks, tagging, merge requests, and notifications. Converted and automated builds using Maven and Ant. Scheduled automated nightly builds using Jenkins.
- Deployed applications using Docker containers in the cloud with Paas for automated provisioning and deployment, integrated SVN, Jenkins and Chef.
- Created several scripts/apps to monitor and administer all docker containers. Implemented several Tomcat, JBOSS Instances by using the Docker Engine for running several Containerized AppServers. Worked on Docker Hub for sharing and managing application stacks.
- Installed and deployed Docker Engines in Virtualized Platforms for containerization of multiple apps and configure Docker Swarm and Kubernetes.
- Established Chef Best practices approaches to system deployment with tools with vagrant and managing Chef Cookbook as a unit of software deployment and independently version controlled.
- Creating manifests and deploying using Puppet to completely provision the server. Created Custom Puppet modules for bootstrapping new servers with required application dependencies and packages.
- Maintained Puppet servers and management application that can use ServiceNow (CI) data to bring computers into a desired state by managing files, services or packages installed on physical or virtual machines.
- Used Puppet to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Data Base, Commands, users Mount Points, Packages. Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard and Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Worked closely with developers to define and configure application servers, virtual hosts, web applications, web resources, back-end resources as well as deployment of EJBs across multiple instances of WebSphere.
- Deployed applications (Web-Based) on multiple WebLogic Servers and maintained Load balancing, high availability and Fail over functionality ( disaster recovery ).
- Involved in building and deploying EAR/WAR files with configuration settings. Deployed the archives to Apache Tomcat web server and Web Sphere Application Servers and Configured application servers JBOSS, WEB LOGIC to deploy the code for different environments.
- Enabled Security Socket Layer (SSL) by requesting and generating digital certificates for implementation of HTTPS between Plug-in and Application Server.
- Installed, configured and administered Apache web servers and deployed applications on Tomcat Server and maintained Load balancing, High availability and Fail over functionality.
- Experience in configuring monitoring tools like Zabbix for Network Monitoring, Nagios for System monitoring, Splunk for Application performance monitoring and monitoring tools like ELK.
- Planning, installation, configuration, management and troubleshooting of Red Hat Enterprise Linux platform Hands on Experience in Red hat Enterprise Linux and Kick start PXE installation.
- Managing User Accounts and Groups, Managing Files, Directories, Package/Patch Management and Configuration, Managing Services, Volume Management.
- Effective Use of RPM and YUM utilities to install third party packages and patches from Patching Server and Red Hat Satellite Server.
System Administrator/ B&R Engineer
- Responsible for upgrading the Virtual Machines, VMware ESXi hosts and vCenter servers in the organization. Installed and configured Linux virtual machines on VMware infrastructure.
- Release Engineer for a team that involves different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases. Defining Release Process and Policy for projects early in SDLC. Coordinating with Different Project teams on build and release planning and efforts.
- Developed automated process for builds and deployments using Jenkins, Ant, Maven, Sonatype Nexus, Shell, Python and Java; administered and integrated the Version Control Systems like Subversion and Git with Jenkins.
- Managed and improved build systems and integrated test automation framework, providing support for continuous, nightly and milestone builds across multiple streams of development and assisted developers with the timely resolution of any build failures.
- Designed and implemented automation deployment using to promote major releases, monthly releases, and patches from Development -> Integration/QA -> Staging/UAT -> Production.
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into SVN Provided end-users training for all Rally users to effectively use the tool.
- Build scripts using ANT and MAVEN build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Worked with DBA team for database performance issues, network related issues on Linux Servers.
- Created New Virtual Machines, cloning VM, DRS and Snapshots, migrated legacy Data stores to VMWare ESXi 5.5 and from VMWare to AWS. Administered VMotion for successful VM migration.
- Involved in P2V, V2P Migration using Stand Alone VMware Converter Server and Plate Spin. Performed ESX Hosts and Virtual Machine migrations between Development, Integration, and Production environments and across Datacenters.
- Developed Bash and python scripts for day-to-day administration, modified Kernel parameters to improve the server performance in Linux. Creation of Logical volumes (LVM) for Linux operating systems.
- Involved in design, configuration, installation, implementation, management, maintain and support for the Corporate Linux servers RHEL 4x, 5.x, CENTOS 5.x.
- Strong experience with the VMware HA (High Availability), FT (Fault Tolerance), DRS (Distributed Resource Scheduler, Troubleshooting ESX issues related to storage, network and performance issues
- Maintained proper documentation of all the activities carried out during the project. Configuring and Administering NFS and auto mount in networks.
- Experience configuring, maintaining NFS, LDAP (PAM), DNS (BIND), DHCP, Kerberos, Apache tomcat, Samba Servers as per environment's requirements
- Responsible for building of Linux OS servers using kickstart automation application.
- Set up user and group login IDs, network configuration, password, resolving permission issues. Patch management, package installation/upgrades, and kernel upgrades, done backups using tar and recovering during data loss.
- Schedule jobs with cron and at utility and giving cron eligibility for administrative accounts.
- Coordinating with 24 x 7 on-call support personnel in debugging.
- Writing shell scripts for Automated Back-ups and Cron Jobs using sh and bash. Installation, Configuration ang Management of NFS, HTTP, FTP, SAMBA, DHCP, DNS Servers.
- Manage and perform change control and administration on application servers, web servers, LDAP server in company's mission critical production, staging and development environments.
- Troubleshooting Networking issues poor routing, network conestion, NIC duplex and speed incompatibilities using ethtool, ifconfig, tcpdump, netstat, ping, telnet etc.
- Utilize Nagios based Open Source monitoring tools to monitor Linux Cluster nodes configured using Red Hat Cluster Suite.
- Experience in integrating Nagios with other monitoring/alert solutions for the server disk management.
- Installation and administration of RHEL and updation of RHEL 3.x, 4.x, 5.x using Kickstart Servers and Interactive Installation.
- Installed and configured Development, Test and Production environment with Windows Server 2008-R2/2012-R2, RHEL 5.x/6.x/7, SUSE Linux 10.x/11, CentOS 5.x/6.x/7.
- Experience in configuring Raid-0, Raid-1, Raid-5, ISCSI, IDE, SATA, and creating Logical Volumes, Logical Volume Groups and manipulating them as required.
- Worked on migration of data from one server to another server over the network on production environment with the help of Bash and Perl scripting.
- Installed and maintained Red Hat Enterprise Linux based infrastructure in the VMware virtualization environment.
- Management of server Performance, Disk File Systems, Users Creation and granting of file access Permissions.
- Created user accounts, local and global groups, user administration, removal of Users ID from group and adding users in Sudoers file.
- Installation, Configuration and administration of DNS, LDAP, Firewall, NFS, NIS, NIS+ and Sendmail on Redhat Linux/Debian Servers.
- Worked on Sar, Iostat, VMstat and MPstaton servers, VMFS Data store, Host profiles, Storage profiles, Resource Management and Performance Monitoring.
- Installed and configured various services like DNS, DHCP, NFS, Apache Web Server and SSH.
- Managed and installed patches and software packages using YUM and RPM and creating YUM repository files for offline servers.
- Worked with system, network, security and storage teams to prepare and configure new servers for the environment.
- Managed and resolved incident tickets opened by clients as well as those logged by event monitoring system.
- Aided and documented procedures which allowed the 24/7 operations department to troubleshoot and correct problems without needing to page other employees.
- Installation, Configuration and Administration of Redhat Linux 4.x, 5.x, Solaris 10 comprising of testing, tuning, upgrading and loading patches, troubleshooting both physical and virtual server issues.
- Responsible for hardware, firmware, Network & Firewall troubleshooting and upgraded, maintained Linux/Unix servers.
- Installation, configuration, support and security implementation on SSH, NFS, SAMBA, DHCP, DNS, HTTPD services.
- Administration of NFS, DNS, NTP, Auto mounts, send mail and Print servers as per the client's requirement.
- Installed and configured Sudo for users to access the root privileges and Performed User Account management, data backups, and users' logon support.
- Involved in creating logical volumes, backups, managed large hard disk farms and resized disk partitions using Logical Volume Manager (LVM) commands on Red hat Linux.
- Managing systems routine backup, scheduling jobs like disabling and enabling cronjobs, enabling system logging, network logging of servers for maintenance, performance tuning, testing.
- Creation and management of user accounts and groups according to the security needs and adding the packages and patches when needed and Permissions policy management and quota implementation.
- Good knowledge in awk & Stream Editor (Sed) and using them in in Unix Shell script.
- Remote monitoring and optimization of Server for File system, disk utilization, Memory utilization, threshold maintenance and Network traffic.
- Implementing password less (SSH) authentication between servers.
- Package management using RPM, YUM and UP2DATE in Red Hat Linux.
- Experience in installing, configuring and monitoring VERITAS Cluster Server (VCS) and Redhat Cluster Server in High Availability Environment.
- Monitoring CPU and Memory usage using commands like top, vmstat of Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Troubleshooting and resolving network issues. Documentation of activities performed and making the standard operating procedure (SOP).
- Worked on reliability, manage liability and performance improvements for Linux enterprises.