- Amazon Web Services (AWS) certified DevOps Engineer with 8 years of experience in IT industry in DevOps/Cloud Engineering, Linux Administration, Build/ Release Management.
- Good understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in SDLC methodologies like Agile, Scrum and Waterfall.
- Experienced in Amazon Web Services (AWS) associated technologies including EC2, Auto - Scaling, ELB, CSS, Elastic Beanstalk, S3, Glacier, CloudFront, RDS, VPC, Security Groups, Route53, Cloud Formation, IAM, Kinesis, SNS, RedShift, Terraform, Lambda, DynamoDB, AWS CLI.
- Strong working experience with creating automation and deployment templates for Database Management systems like MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL and MongoDB in Amazon Web Services.
- Good Knowledge in Integrating and implementing complete cloud services frameworks (IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS) and cloud deployment models (private, public and hybrid).
- Experience with Containers like Docker, DockerSwarm Packer, Kubernetes, ECS and Virtualization technologies like VMWare, Virtual Box…etc.
- Good Knowledge on Docker components like Docker Engine, Docker-Hub, Docker-Compose, Docker Registry and Docker Swarm. Used Docker for local Application Deployment and test.
- Experience in using Continuous Integration tools like Atlassian Bamboo and Jenkins for End-to-End automation for all build and deployments.
- Experience in working with configuration management tools like PUPPET, CHEF, ANSIBLE and SALTSTACK .
- Experience on Build, SCM tools such as Maven, ANT, Gradle, Yocto, SVN, GIT, GitHub, GitLab, Perforce, Atlassian Bitbucket etc.
- Hands-on experience working with System health and performance Monitoring Tools like Nagios, Splunk, ELK Stack (Elastic search, Log stash, Kibana) and CloudWatch.
- Strong experience on creating virtual machines/Virtualization technologies for dev/test environments using hypervisors like VMWare, Vagrant, VirtualBox, and Windows Hyper-V.
- Experience with Bug tracking tools like Atlassian JIRA, Bugzilla and Remedy for writing build.xmls and pom.xmls respectively.
- Good knowledge on IIS, Tomcat, Apache, Web Sphere, JBoss, WebLogic, Nginx, Open VPN, Sensu and in design patterns such as Model View Controller (MVC), Strategy Pattern, Command Pattern, Factory Pattern, Inversion of Control and Singleton Pattern.
- Extensively worked on TCP/IP networks; UNIX (NIS, NIS+, NFS, SSH & Samba), WinNT (WINS/DNS/DHCP), LAN/WAN Technology, messaging services and Internet Services (DNS, SMTP, POP3/IMAP4, Send mail, Web, Proxy, Radius).
- Environment DEV, QA, CI, UAT and PROD for various releases and designed instant strategies and are responsible for building and releasing packages for different testing environments.
- Proficient with Cloud Vulnerability Management using tools like ImmuniWeb, and scanned with testing performed in parallel by security auditors.
- Experience in Installing, upgrading and configuring Red Hat Linux using Kickstart Servers and production support on various applications like Sun Solaris, Redhat Enterprise Linux and Windows Environment.
- Experience in Linux/Unix system administration on Redhat, Debian, CentOS, Suse, Oracle Enterprise Linux, Ubuntu, FreeBSD, Solaris and Vmware V-Sphere ESX/ESXi environment.
- Experienced in System Administration, Installations, Upgrades, Patches, Security, Backup, Migration, Disaster Recovery, System Builds, Server builds and Performance Monitoring in Linux/Unix Systems.
Platforms/Operating Systems: Windows NT, Linux, CentOS, Solaris, Ubuntu, Suse, Debian
SCM/Version Control Tools: Subversion, Bitbucket, Perforce, GIT, GitHub, Gitlab.
Build Tools: Ant, Nant, MSBuild, Gradle, Maven.
Integration Tools: Jenkins, Atlassian Bamboo.
Configuration Tools: Puppet, Chef, Ansible.
Bug Tracking Tools: Atlassian JIRA, Bugzilla.
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk, Cloud Watch, ELK Stack (Elastic Search, Log stash, Kibana).
Web/App servers: Apache Tomcat, Jboss 4.x/5.x, WebSphere 8.5, WebLogic 10, NetBeans.
Cloud Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Openstack, Microsoft Azure, IBM Cloud, Salesforce, Google.
Programming/scripting Languages: Java, PowerShell, Python, Ruby, PHP, html.
Databases: MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle, IBM DB2, Redis, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, CouchDB and MongoDB
Testing Tools: Selenium, Cucumber, JMeter, JUnit, DbUnit, SonarQube, FitNesse, NBehave, SoapUI, AntUnit.
- Developing shell scripts for automation of the build and release process, Supported and developed tools for Integration, Automated Testing and Release Management
- Developing shell scripts for automation of the build and release process, Supported and developed tools for Integration, Automated Testing and Release Management.
- Worked on version controller like Subversion for branching, tagging and merging.
- Maintaining all the Linux environments for deployments and Implemented Configuration Management, Change Management policies and procedures.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and capability of breaking down complex situations to discover and resolve root causes that apply to both technical and process issues
- Configuring Elasticsearch cluster in production and managing the actions performed on the cluster using Ansible.
- Playbooks for rolling restart of the cluster nodes in the production and managing the cluster health as green.
- Integrating the Ansible with CMS and managing the dynamic inventory with custom plugins using python.
- Configuring Ansible control machine in Production and maintaining the upgrades.
- Using Logstash, grok filters, mutations and indexing, server-side data processing pipeline or similar product, feed Elasticsearch for analytics and searching.
Environment: Ansible, Oracle Linux Enterprise, Docker, python, GCP, CMS, Elasticsearch.
S r. DevOps / AWS Cloud Engineer
- Involved in implementing the cloud Iaas and Paas platforms using AWS stack (including EC2, EBS, Route53, S3, RDS, DynamoDB, SNS, SQS and IAM) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto scaling.
- Working on Multiple AWS instances, setting rules in security groups, Elastic Load Balancer and AMIs, Auto scaling to design cost effective, fault tolerant and highly available systems.
- Performed the automation deployments using AWS by creating the IAM roles and policies and used the code pipeline plugin to integrate Jenkins with AWS and created the EC2 instances to provide the virtual servers.
- Responsible for performing tasks like Branching, Tagging, and Release Activities on Version Control Tools: SVN, GIT and migrated SVN into GIT and Ansible.
- Designing and implementing CI (Continuous Integration) system, configuring Jenkins servers, Jenkins nodes.
- Wrote the Ansible playbooks which are the entry point for Ansible provisioning, where the automation is defined through tasks using YAML format. Run Ansible Scripts to provision Dev servers. Creating inventory, job templates and scheduling jobs using Ansible Tower.
- Implemented Infrastructure automation through Ansible for auto provisioning, code deployments, software installation and configuration updates.
- Delivering customer on-boarding solutions based on Ansible to ensure customer adoption of solutions and products.
- Work on creating the Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle. Worked on various Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, Compose, Docker Registry and Open Shift.
- Leveraging Kops for implementing a Kubernetes container orchestration solution within AWS allowing for easy management, creation and recovery of AWS assets.
- Worked on Container management using Docker by writing Docker files and set up the automated build on Docker HUB and installed and configured Kubernetes.
- Worked on Kubernetes to manage containerized applications using its nodes, ConfigMaps, selector services and deployed application containers as Pods using OpenShift.
- Managed Clusters using Kubernetes and worked on creating many pods, replication controllers, services, deployments, labels, health checks.
- Managed environments DEV, QA, UAT and PROD for various releases and designed instance strategies.
- Responsibility to perform the security scans, defect tracking, defect reporting and defect reproducing using Confidential internal tool called Radar.
- Maintained DNS records using Route53 and used Amazon Route53 to manage DNS zones and give public DNS names to Elastic load balancers (ELB) IP's.
Environment: Windows, Linux, AWS EC2, S3, CVS, Chef, Jenkins, ELK Stack, Maven, ANT, Shell, VMware, CloudWatch, Radar, CloudFormation, DynamoDB, VPC, IAM, Jira, Apache Tomcat 6.x/7.x, EBS, Kubernetes, Docker, OpenShift, Vagrant, Zabbix, Nexus, Nagios 4.x/5. x..
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Sr. DevOps Engineer
- Leveraged AWS cloud platforms like Iaas and Paas using EC2, auto-scaling and VPC to build secure, highly scalable and flexible systems that handled expected and unexpected load bursts.
- Used various services of AWS for this infrastructure and used EC2 as virtual servers to host Git, Jenkins and configuration management tool like Puppet. Converted slow and manual procedures to dynamic API generated procedures.
- Worked on Design and development of Restful APIs using Node.js and JSON.
- Expect on Implementation of Restful API using Sequalize.js (MySQL ORM) with Node.js(hapiJs) framework.
- Working in MySQL, RDS database with node.js framework to develop APIs.
- Made enhancements to the current CI/CD pipeline to reflect the Agile Methodology and be able to deliver the code to the Environments for a thorough testing.
- Continuously managed and improved the build infrastructure for global software development engineering teams including implementation of build scripts using python, continuous integration infrastructure and deployment tools.
- Configured security and system in Jenkins and added multiple nodes to Jenkins and configured SSH for continuous deployments.
- Setting up a build host for windows, mac and linux machines using the Yocto using cross platforms (CROPS).
- Installation and upgrade of Packages and Patches Configuration Management, version control, service pack & reviewing connectivity issue regarding security problem.
- Used Chef to automate Configuration management & Applications, manage Web Applications, Configuration Files, Data Base, Commands, Users Mount Points, and Package.
- Worked with Chef Enterprise Hosted as well as On-Premise, Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server. Managed Amazon EC2 instances with the help of a chef.
- Configured Chef and wrote cookbooks for automation deployment avoiding repetitive tasks, quickly deploys critical applications, environment configuration. Developed build and deployment script using Ruby, Php and shell scripting.
- Using Chef deployed and configured ELK Stack (ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana) Nagios for log analytics, full text search, application monitoring in integration with AWS Lambda and CloudWatch.
- Provide support for Nagios Log Server (ELK fork), Nagios XI, and Nagios Core, CloudWatch, Elastic Search, Kibana.
- Involved partially in deploying JAR/WARs/EARs (backend) through JBoss Application Server console.
- Managed Network troubleshooting applications TCP/IP including Ethernet, IP addressing & Subnetting, routing.
Environment: AWS, Ansible, Docker, Jenkins, python, Maven, Yocto, EC2, ELK stack, Atlassian Jira, Linux, SQL, Node.js, Open shift, Gradle, Nagios, VMware, VPC, CloudWatch, Cloud Formation, Nagios, Maven, Glacier, JBoss.
Confidential, Northbrook, IL
Build and Release Engineer
- Release Engineer for a team that involved different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases.
- Implemented and maintained monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/costs using CloudWatch.
- Implemented automated build and deployment process for applications and re-engineering set up for better user experience and leading up to building a continuous integration system.
- Installed and configured an automated tool Puppet that included the installation and configuration of the Puppet master, agent nodes and an admin control workstation.
- An experience of taking the release package and installing it into the production environment onto a production server or onto production media.
- Administered and Engineered Jenkins for managing weekly Build, Test and Deploy chain, SVN/GIT with Dev/Test/Prod Branching Model for weekly releases.
- Created Branches, Tags for each release and environment using GIT and merged the branches after the Code Freeze.
- Configured JIRA workflows based on the needs of the CM team and integrated the project management features of Atlassian JIRA with the build and release process.
- Managed Maven environment by setting up local, remote and central repositories with required configuration in maven configuration files.
- Troubleshoot the build issue during the Jenkins build process and resolved system issues and inconsistencies in coordination with quality assurance and engineering teams.
- Developed shell scripts for automation of the build and release process, developed Custom Scripts to monitor repositories, Server storage.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, Systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Bootstrapping automation scripting for virtual servers, using VMWare clusters.
- Virtualizes the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev-environments needs and configuration automation using Docker containers.
- Installed and administered Tomcat repository to deploy the artifacts generated by Maven and to store the dependent jars which are used during the build.
- Implemented several Tomcat Instances by using the Docker engine for running several Containerized AppServers.
Environment: Subversion, Jenkins, Ant, VMware, GIT, Jenkins, Nagios, Puppet, Docker, Maven, Atlassian Jira, Linux, Xml, Apache Tomcat, WebSphere, Ruby, Web logic, BASH, Perl, Cloud Watch, Python, Shell Scripting.
Linux Administrator /System Administrator
- Installation & Configurations of Red Hat Linux, Solaris 9/10, CentOS, Maintenance & System Administration.
- Created test scenarios for testing NFS, DNS and other functionality of OS. Maintained system security, including password checks, permission scans, implementation of security ensuring tools Linux environment.
- Worked on RHEL 5.x and CentOS 6, VM build for installing, upgrading, mirroring and configuring Kickstart, Jumpstart installation respectively.
- Installed and configured SAMBA utility software for sharing files with Windows hosts.
- Taking backups of running KVM guest servers using LVM Snapshot, configured multipath and LVM on attached SAN disks.
- Created and maintained some 800+ Linux servers and 500+ AIX servers, Set up bonding, bridge (for KVM guest) on Ethernet ports.
- Created RPM packages for Jboss and Apache installations using rpm build tool.
- Writing shell and perl script for application log rotations and server post installation tasks.
- Developed Cron jobs and Shell Scripts (Shell, Python) for automating administration tasks like file system management, process management, backup and restore.
- Participated in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards and Configured DHCP and FTP servers in Linux.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot enterprise-wide Apache Web Servers and Tomcat application containers in large Red Hat Linux /CentOS environments.
- Installation, Configuration and administration of Red Hat Linux, SAMBA, NTP, Telnet, Kickstart, RAID 10, 01, Shell scripts, Perl, Python, Bash scripts.
- Managed software packages on RedHat Linux servers using rpm and yum.
- Performed User/Group Account Administration; implemented password aging; monitored logins.
- Performed daily system monitoring and troubleshooting functions on servers.
Environment: Redhat/Sun Solaris Linux 3.x, 4.x, Windows, Exchange 2003, Apache 1.3.x, IIS 5.0, 6.0 and Oracle11g,12c, VMware ESX, SFTP, FTP, DNS, DHCP, SCP, winscp, FileZilla, Kickstart, Jumpstart, LAN/WAN, Tripwire, Snort, Lids, APACHE, IBM WebSphere, IBM HTTP Server, SAN, Firewalls/IDS, VSX, IDS, IPS.