- An experienced and focused technical lead with the ability to design, develop, and lead technology processes and to align technologies with business objectives. Strong analytical, interpersonal, and leadership skills to successfully develop, motivate, and direct project and work teams. Effective in developing solutions and experienced in project delivery under technically and organizationally challenging conditions.
Identity: CyberArk PAM, Vasco MFA, ADFS, SAML, OAuth, OIDC, AD, LDAP, SSO, PKI
Endpoint Security: McAfee ePO, VirusScan, Host Intrusion Protection, Endpoint Encryption
Networking: Cisco routing/switching, firewalls, F5 load - balancers, VPN, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP
Operating Systems: Windows 7/8/10, Server 2003/2008R2/2012R2
Business Software: MS Office 2010/2013/2016/ o365, ServiceNow, Jira
Technical Software: OVOw/Solarwinds, Wireshark, Cluster Administrator
Manager, Cyber Security
- Led a team of engineers with full stack accountability for technologies utilized to deliver Privileged Account Management(CyberArk), Multifactor Authentication(Vasco), Identity Access Management(SiteMinder) and PKI(Microsoft) services.
- Drove information technology direction based on security and customer requirements.
- Managed and executed delivery against product and project roadmaps.
- Provided leadership and oversight to security team staff in order to ensure confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information.
- Led and influenced technical direction for large-scale, highly complex technical projects requiring integration of cross-functional systems.
- Partnered with internal stakeholders to support onboarding new applications and services.
- Ensured quality of deliverables for all new capabilities being delivered to adhere to PAM best practices.
- Partnered with internal stakeholders and vendors in developing a strategy for migrating from an on-prem IAM solution to an IDaaS solution.
- Conducted Performance Reviews and goal setting in concert with Confidential business objectives.
- Provided coaching, feedback and mentoring to staff.
- Leveraged Scrum, an agile framework in order for my team to prioritize and accomplish project deliverables.
Principal Security Engineer
- Implemented, integrated, managed, and enhanced the Privileged Access Management(PAM) and the Multifactor Authentication solutions at Confidential Inc.
- Consulted with architecture teams along with technical leadership and outside security vendors in an ongoing effort to minimize risk to the organization.
- Reviewed privileged access management policy and configurations to ensure effectiveness of mitigating risk.
- Built Cyber-Ark PAM in Prod/QA/DEV environments including installation of the CPM, PVWA, PSM and Vault servers as well as the coordination of proper firewall port access.
- Created reconciliation accounts used for changing the password of a vaulted account in the event that the password is changed out of band.
- Defined technical policies for password management.
- Administered CyberArk vault including safe creation, setting security permissions, vaulting highly privileged accounts and LDAP/Radius integration.
- Performed operational tasks including defining access control, user entitlements, managing account credentials, remediating password rotation failures and user access policy management.
- Regularly participated in meetings with internal stakeholders throughout the CyberArk project delivery.
- Created operational guides, use case and failure mode documentation.
- Trained IT staff on the use of CyberArk upon on-boarding of new highly privileged accounts.
- Administered various applications/servers (i.e. BizTalk, Sterling Integrator B2B, CRM 2011 and Cognos.)
- Provided systems analysis, design, specifications and development for all supported applications.
- Assisted development staff in setup and troubleshooting of Windows based systems.
- Provided Second and Third Level production support for supported applications.
- Responsible for performance monitoring and troubleshooting of Windows based systems.
- Performed required application patching and upgrades.
- Liaison for applications supported with vendors.
- Communication with the Business, IS Department and sub-departments by participating in project team meetings.
- Managed outside resources brought in to work on capital projects and service requests.
- Participated with the Quality Assurance, Technical Services, Operations and Application Development staff to create work plans to support strategic initiatives, business plans and emerging business needs.
- Followed internal change control process to implement any required product modifications.
- Participated in rotating 24x7 on call support coverage for escalated issues.
- Managed and supported the CyberArk and McAfee EPO solutions for privileged access management and endpoint security.
- Performed project deliverables for product rollouts for CyberArk and McAfee including requirements gathering, spec and use case documentation, identifying risks and dependencies, vendor management and product implementation.
- Regularly participated in project status meetings and collaborated with other technical teams during product rollouts.
- Provided system design enhancements to provide effective security management of target host systems across a geographically diverse environment.
- Administered and maintained the security for all Windows hosts including virus scan, host intrusion prevention and endpoint encryption products.
- Compiled routine reports regarding threat activity as well as endpoint security compliance.
- Monitored and managed all servers and networks at our Headquarters and remote office sites.
- Built and maintained strong stakeholder relationships with various Enterprise IT teams both domestically and internationally.
- Participated in the hiring process and knowledge transfer to the newly created System Access Request team which is responsible for provisioning network file share access and Active Directory/Exchange account maintenance.