- Experienced Communications and Security Specialist committed to maintaining cutting edge technical skills and up - to-date industry knowledge.
- Responsible Network Technician with comprehensive experience in IP, LAN / WAN, and communication management.
- Extensive experience in Security, Routing, Switching, Wireless protocols and Disaster recovery, while using Best Practices and Defense In Depth strategies. Professional, detail oriented and motivated to drive projects from start to finish, ensuring projects technical requirements are clearly defined and fulfilled.
- LAN / WAN Cisco Routing, Switching, Wifi, Subnetting, VLAN and InterVLAN design and management
- Active Directory, O365, DNS, DHCP, Azure, TEAMS & PBX VoIP phone/server management, NAS & SAN solutions
- Solve and document helpdesk requests, from ISP/Vendors to end user’s hardware, software and awareness
- Remote access technology (IPSec, SSL, RDP, VNC, Cisco AnyConnect, LogMeIn, TeamViewer, GoToMeeting)
- Cisco ASA, SonicWALL, WatchGuard, Barracuda & Endian Firewall configuration as well as Wireless network implementation and security
- Network / System installation, repairs, upgrades, securing, monitoring, generating reports and maintenance
- Excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills, IP forwarding, IP reservations, NAT, PAT, QOS & Filtering
- Cisco IOS, EIGRP, OSPF, Debian-based Linux (Kali & Ubuntu) as well as Android OS
- Network Management/Monitoring, IPS, IDS, via ASA, SonicWALL, Dimension, Orion SolarWinds, Cisco Prime, Auvik & Nagios
- Mange Network (copper, fiber & wireless), PCI and Non-PCI Compliant networks, HP POS terminals & Verifone Payment terminals, SPLUNK, AD, GPO, Phone support (Mitel), WatchGuard Firewalls & APs with HP Switches.
- Implement security policies from end user awareness to port security and ACL. Security, data retention, policy & procedures. WIFI Surveys and Deployments, VLANS VOIP & QOS, Supporting POS terminals & Verifone payment devices and all corresponding networks (VHQ - Chase Payment).
- Supporting VPN’s between sites and access for all 3rd party vendors via AD accounts and DUO dual authentication.
Network Security / Route & Switch Administrator
- Managed Cisco 5545-X ASA firewalls, configured and monitored Cisco ESA and WSA for email and web content filtering, network monitoring via Cisco Firepower also administered Cisco WebEx account
- Maintained edge devices on WAN, 3 locations in PA, South Carolina, North Carolina and DR Site
- Added new sites to the MPLS WAN and updated all Cisco 2911 Integrated Service Routers
- Built several IPSec VPN tunnels for Clients ATM (Mac Machines) to Check Image servers
- Worked with 3rd party vendors to build VPN for Microsoft ADFS and Azure migration
- Reduced total amount of VLANs on network via Cisco Nexus 2K, 5K, 9K Switches with fabric extenders
- Configured SonicWALL to generate reports, as well as replaced old Cisco Pix & Norton firewalls with Sophos UTM devices, keeping customers in compliance with the NCUA (National Credit Union Administration)
- Made Visio diagrams of every network attached to MPLS network, also mapped out Meraki Wifi equipment
Senior Network / Security Administrator
- Managed firewalls, network monitoring and server monitoring both on- and off- site via IPSec Tunnels
- Recommended network security standards, protocols & procedures keeping within HIPAA Compliance
- Implemented architectural design, integrations, performance and monitoring solutions
- Trained junior members of IT team regarding network security, troubleshooting and acceptable use policy
- Implemented company policies, technical procedures and standards for preserving integrity and availability of data access, as well as maintain Active Directory accounts and Office 365 Administration
- Ensured network data Confidentiality, Integrity, Availability (CIA) and security through preventive maintenance, upgrades, ongoing monitoring and penetration testing (Nmap Scans, Wireshark Sniffs, Hydra Cracks)