- To become Certified as a Cisco CCNA, VMware VCA6 - DCV and Microsoft MCSA. Then apply those skills to Restructure Network Information Systems using Virtual Networks, Virtual OS Images and Application Packages to Save Time and Reduce Expenses.
Operating Systems: Windows 2012 R2 Standard Server, Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise Server, Windows 2003 Enterprise Server, Windows Professional 10, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP, WinPE, MS DOS, Apple iOS 10, 9, 8, 7
Network Topologies: Fast Ethernet, Ethernet, Token Ring, Twinax
Network Protocols: TCP/IP, IPX, NetBEUI, DLC
Network Hardware: Routers and Managed Switches from Cisco, SonicWall, NETGEAR, Linksys, Cradlepoint, HP, 3Com, SMC NICs, Madge
Servers/Computers/Printers Serviced: Wyse, IBM, HP, MS Surface Tablets, Lenovo, Compaq, Samsung, Toshiba, Dell, Gateway, Intel and Athlon Clones, Kyocera, Zebra, Lexmark, Cannon
Virtual and Packaging/Imaging Software: VMware ESXi, Citrix Xenclient, Appsense Manager, VMware Thinapp, VMware Workstation, Thinstall, Microsoft Application Virtualization and Softgrid, Windows Deployment System and Business Desktop Deployment, RIS,System Center Configuration Manager and Systems Management Server, Marimba, Winstall, Ghost
Security and Backup Utilities: Unitrends, Symantec, Kaspersky, McAfee, InnoculateIT, AVG
Remote Software Utilities: Cisco VPN, RDP, Telnet, AnyConnect, DameWare, LogMein, ReachOut, PcAnywhere, Radmin,Terminal Server, Hyena, LanGuard
Suite Products: MS Office 365, 2016, 2013, 2010, MS Outlook/Exchange, Lotus Notes, Rumba for Host/Mainframe/ RightFax, Fax SR, Adobe, AutoDesk 2017, 2015, 2014
Database and Financial Applications: SQL Server 2014, Oracle v14, Sybase ODBC, SQL Server 2008 R2, Crystal Reports/Info, Maxwell, PeachTree Database, Quicken, Quickbooks
Other Utilities: WSUS, Acronis True Image, Deepfreeze
Programming Languages: PowerShell, Visual Basic, OSD, Assembly, C, C++, Pascal
Network Engineer/Server Administrator/Desktop Technician
- Coordinated relocation of Company Infrastructure and Data Center.
- Architected and Implemented Cat6 Network with Cisco ISR4331 Router, Cisco SG500 Managed Switches with 10GBASE SFP+ Modules, Cisco SG 300 POE Switches and Ruckus ZoneFlex 1106 WiFi to Manage Ruckus R300 Access Points.
- Supported Internet Connectivity over Multiple ISP Connections with Cisco Dual WAN Load Balancing Router, Microsoft VPN Server and Linksys switches.
- Implemented VMware ESXi v5.5 and Configured Multiple VM’s as Virtual Servers.
- Imaged and Maintained Multiple VM hosts via vSphere Hypervisor v5.5 and v6.0.
- Utilized VMware vCenter Standalone Converter for Server P2V conversions.
- Imaged and Maintained Windows 2012 R2 and 2008 R2 Servers.
- Deployed SkyKick Office Assistant and performed migration of On-Prem Exchange 2010 to Exchange 365 Cloud Environment.
- Utilized MS Azure AD Connect to migrate Local AD to Azure AD.
- Managed Users and Licenses in Azure Ad and Exchange Admin Center.
- Administration and Maintenance of Exchange 2010 Server.
- Administration of Domain Active Directory, and Exchange Mailboxes.
- Configured DHCP, DNS and Domain Group Policies.
- Utilize WSUS for OS Security and Critical Stability Patching.
- Managed Symantec Backup Exec and LTO Tape Backup Retention System.
- Implemented Unitrends 822 Disk Backup System and RXDA Offline Archiving.
- Supported SQL 2008 Server and Oracle running Primavera Contract Management.
- Maintained DNS IP A and MX records using Internet Domain Name Services.
- Installed and Managed Remote Site Routers and WIFI Connectivity.
- Coordinated Network Installation of Remote Offices with other Departments & Vendors.
- Implemented Paessler’s PRTG Network and Server Monitoring System.
- Maintained and Updated Symantec End Point v12.1.
- Implemented Kaspersky End Point Security Center 10 to PC’s in Local and Remote Sites.
- Deployed & Maintained Panasonic KX-TDE200 PBX & KX-TVA50 VBX phone system.
- Performed Oracle Database Conversion from version 8 to version 14.
- Utilized PowerShell commands and Modified Scripting to support Environment.
- Rolled out Lenovo, and Samsung Desktops/Laptops with Windows 10 & 7 Professional.
- Rolled out Microsoft Surface Pro Tablets with Windows 10 & 8.1 Professional.
- Rolled out and Maintained upgrades for Apple iPAD's with iOS.
- Desktop Technical Support for 90+ Employee’s and 40+ Remote Sites.
- Resolved Technical Issues in MS Office 365, 2016, 2013, 2010, Maxwell Accounting, Accubid Classic 13, CAD MEP, Navisworks and Revit 2017, 2015, 2014.
- Created Network and Software Documentation and IT Restructuring Goals.
OS and Application Package Engineer, Desktop/Network Technician
- Developed Virtual Application Packages utilizing Microsoft App-V 4.6 and Softgrid 4.2
- Designed Business Desktop Deployment OS images for multiple PC and Laptop models.
- Managed BDD Images and Application Packages using SMS and SCCM.
- Scripted Application and OS Image Installations using VBScript, OSD, Rif, Reg and Batch.
- Microsoft Active Directory Administration of User accounts, Group memberships, and Organizational Units.
- Desktop Support for 3500+ Employee’s using Wyse/Windows Embedded/XP.
- CAT5 Cable Management and Cisco Port Activation in Network Closets.
- Diagnose Cisco AnyConnect and VPN Client Issues.
- Utilized VMWare Virtual Machines for testing Softgrid/MS App-V Virtual Applications.
- Implemented New Applications and Upgrades with Project Managers into IT environment.
- Managed daily Microsoft App-V updates on SharePoint Web Site.
- Diagnose and Manage Citrix Xenclients and XenApp Groups.
- Diagnose Virtual Environments using Appsense Manager.
- Resolved Technical Issues in MS Office 2007/2003, Dictaphone, Oracle, Peoplesoft, Calysto, Visio, Callpilot, Tempus, Carelink, Crystal Reports, Encentuate single sign-on, Sentillion Single Sign-on, Essential Fax, RightFax, Kronos, McKesson HPM, Hummingbird NFS Maestro 2006, IDXRAD, Metriq, Mosaiq, IMPAC, Impath.
- Remotely Diagnose Field Offices using SCCM, SMS, RDP, Dameware, GoToAssist.
- Utilized Magic problem management database to close problem tickets and track projects.