- Over 7 years of experience in Software Development/Unix Admin/DevOps on Unix/Linux Systems, MS Windows System & Main Frame Systems.
- Work experience on Red Hat Enterprise Server, Fedora, CentOS, Red Hat, Ubuntu, SUN Enterprises 3000 and 4000, ICL DRS 6000, ICL K474 Super Server, Sun Workstation, IBM RS/6000, Main Frame ICL 3980, Main Frame NEC2000/10D Main Frame IBM 360.
- AWS EC2, VPC, S3, ELB, Route53, SNS, SQS, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, Dynamo DB, IAM, RDS, Code Commit and Microsoft Azure Cloud automation with configuration management system Ansible, Jinja2, YAML and Python, Terraform, ELK, Dockers Containers deployment.
- Creating Ansible Playbooks, to Deploy VM and install the Components as per requirements .
- Design, engineering, and implementation of SDDC virtualization and storage environments.
- Manage large scale, enterprise level virtual and cloud environments containing 1000's of servers across multiple datacenters including support of infrastructure utilizing vCloud suite, Apache Cloudstack, Amazon Web Services, and MS Azure.
- Perform and analyze advanced reporting on environments using tools and scripts including Elastic Stack, Powershell, Nagios, splunk, ops manager, etc.
- Full stack SDDC design, engineering, and virtualization support of VMWare and Openstack private clouds, as well as AWS and MS Azure Public clouds.
- Extensively worked on four End - to-End Datacenter Migration including application servers, Database servers, Web servers and cloud (AWS/Azure) Migration.
- Design, build, and implement datacenter consolidation plans across the enterprise.
- Design and engineering of Security Operations Center as a service, build out of all security solutions including SIEM, IPS, IDS, and endpoint security solutions including Carbon Black, Bit9, Elastic Search, and next gen Siems including SQRRL.
- Design solution architectures and develop migration roadmaps for private, public, and hybrid cloud, involving leading virtualization technologies.
- Experience configuring and supporting IBM clustering products PowerHA (formerly HCMP) and GPFS.
- Experience in manipulating UFS(Solaris), GPFS (AIX), JFS (AIX)file systems includes creation / modification / deletion.
- Prioritization of goals and objectives, as well as leading daily and project tasks for all infrastructure personnel related to the Datacenters and Managed Services.
- Advanced Administrator. Novell NDS, Business Applications, Azure, AWS / EC2, Microsoft Active Directory and LINUX
- Ensure ITIL and change management processes are properly implemented and followed.
- Experience on designing with Big Data, Hadoop File System (HDFS) solutions with estimation of the infrastructure need, effort estimation etc.
- Storage Management of Hitachi, Seagate, Dell, and EMC solutions. SME for backup solutions including Netbackup, Veeam, and Arcserve. SME for Vmware Integrated Openstack, vCloud Suite, and Most VMware Solutions
- Experience with Ansible playbooks and Ansible Tower.
- Experienced in administration, troubleshooting, tuning, security, backup, recovery and upgrades of RHEL Linux / IBM AIX / Solaris.
- Working on Linux logical volume, creating volume group, logical volumes, file systems, and troubleshooting.
- Experience working with Hadoop Ecosystem (Hive, Pig, Oozie, Sqoop).
- Expert in disk management at host side. Good understanding of Change Management Process.
- Experience with VMWARE ESX 3.5, 4.0 and vSphere 4.1 servers on Dell PowerEdge and HP ProLiant Hardware running RHEL and AIX environments. Experience with POWER 8, 7, 6, 5, Series which include IBM pSeries 870, 780, 770.
- Can independently design and develop a Migration Process for applications in a multilayer network environment.
- Installed and configured DR Boxes for disaster recovery.
- Experienced in administrative tasks such as System Startup/shutdown, Backup strategy, and Documentation, User Management, Security and Network management.
- Experienced in Building the LPARS, Allocating storage NETAPP and BROCADE and OS AIX 5.3, 6.1 and 7.1 installation through NIM.
- Expert in Configuring and assigning hardware resources within LPARS, installed AIX 5.3 / 6.1 and 7.1 and install Service Pack and TL Level.
- SME to perform the gap analysis and implement controls based on recommendations from EMC. Patching of Linux and Solaris servers on quarterly basis.
- Experience in Developing BASH, PERL, and Python shell scripts to automate cron jobs and system maintenance. Scheduled cron jobs for job automation.
- Participated in Disaster Recovery tests and recovery of AIX and TSM server.
- Experience in configuration and management of security for Hadoop cluster using Kerberos.
- Have worked on system hardening and security and in the audit group to scan and remediate security risk issues such unnecessary services running, access keys and encryption of data flow. Experienced in Web Sphere inclusive of installation, configuration and administration.
- Experience in using configuration management tools like Puppet/ Chef/AWS.
- Very good knowledge on 2, 3 and 4 node Active and Active Passive clusters. Fixed failover issues on 2, 3 and 4 node clusters.
- Experience in Centrify Server Suite to perform identity, authentication and access management for Linux Servers.
- Determine issues and resolutions for Systems and Servers installed. Experienced working with sudo, Vintella Authentication and Powerbroker. Day to day support and troubleshooting of Linux, AIX and Solaris Servers.
- Creating the Linux file system, Security strategy, hardening and remediation. Support on application deployment, testing and performance tuning. Experience working in Healthcare, Power domains. Usage the Logical Volume Manager (LVM)
- Experienced in configuring and supporting Logical Partitions/Micro Partitions (LPAR/DLPAR), via HMC (Hardware Management Console).
- Expertise in DevOps tools like Jenkins, Build Forge, Urban Code Deploy.
- Worked in configuring and setup connectivity between web servers, database servers and directory servers as a process server administrator.
- Proven ability to Define System requirements, recommended solutions, analyse capacity and make appropriate modifications.
- Capabilities include architecture, project management, identifying and plugging security holes, conversions, upgrades, merger operations and end-user support.
- Installation, administration, configuration and testing of VIO Server and VIO client LPAR’S on p6, p7 and p8 Servers
- Experienced in automation and continuous integration process with Cloud bees Enterprise Jenkins.
- Day to day administration of the Development environment and Production and Test environment systems. 24x7 on-call support.
- Strong appetite for learning new technologies with positive attitude.
- Administration of EMC, VMware. On call Support. Operations/Support, Maintenance tasks.
- Experience with infrastructure configuration management software such as Chef, Puppet. Developed Chef Cookbooks to manage systems configuration.
- Have very good experience working with Change Management for scheduling changes on Production and UA server using BMC Remedy Ticketing System.
- Oversee routine maintenance, including performance monitoring, deployment of operating system patches and software upgrades, and configuration control of the network technical baseline.
- Demonstrated success many times under aggressive project schedules and deadlines. Flexible, result oriented and adapt to the environment quickly to meet the goals of the product and the organization.
SOFTWARE: Cloud Automation Software, EMC Clariion/Navisphere, VMWare Center 5.5, vMotion, vShield, vCloud, EMC Replication Manager, BladeLogic, Dell Management Console, CyberArk, PBSPro SMP, HP SAN Manager, HP Insight Manager, HP Data Protector,HP SIM, Openview, Ironport, Checkpoint Firewall, Cacti, Big Data, Nagios, EM7, Websphere, Weblogic, Joomla 1.7, Oracle 10/11g, Tivoli SM, EMC Storage Systems, Apache, Tibco/Rendezvous, Hadoop, Ecosystem, Ansible Tower, ATG Dynamo, Netcool, Wordpress 4.3.1, IIS 6.0, Samba, XSAN2.0. HACMP.
OPERATING SYSTEMS: Linux 6/7/8.x, RHEL, AIX 3/4/5/6/7.x, Sun Solaris 7/8/9/10, Centos, Ubuntu, SUSE, Fedora 12, Mac OS X 10.6.3, XSan 2.0, Windows 2003/2008R2, Windows SCOM, Hyper-V
HARDWARE: vBlock 340, vBlock 720, EMC CX4-960, IBM p-series p870, p770, p750, p620, p630, p650, p690, p5-series p570, p575, p590 RS600043p, 44p servers/workstations. EMC SAN Clarion Symmetrix, VMAX, FAStT, Cisco MARS, IPD/IDS, CSA Manager, HP Proliant Blades, Bl20p DL385, DL360 Gen8, 585, G5, G7 BL35, Adonis, Dell PowerEdge T410, T100 SAN Fabric Switches 8/32, HP MSL6000, HP EVA5000, Sunfire 880, SunBlade 100 E220R, E450, E250, E3000, Sparc 10, IBM Blade Servers, Storage Systems AIX, Fiber Connected External Bays, SANStorage. Mac OS X Server, Vtrak Storage, HP G7 Models, IBM HACMP.
Application Server and Technologies: Scripting (UNIX shell (korn)) Windows 2000/2003 Active Directory. TCP and iSCSI offload. Server deployment and Disaster recovery using boot from iSCSI
MIDDLEWARE: ImageRight, IMS, Netrate, Oracle Grid/RAC Server, Weblogic, Websphere, WorldSpace, PBSPro, Trouble-shooting Tuxedo applications. Installation and configuration of in-house applications.
CLOUD AUTOMATION: Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Gov Cloud, Cloudberry, Rightscale Orchestrator, Quest Cloud Automation Software, Eucalyptus with Ubuntu, HP CSA Cloud, HP OO, SA, OpenStack/KVM, vCloud Director, vShield, VCOPS, VCAC, DynamicOps, VMware vSphere 5.1, vChargeback, SugarCRM, Microsoft DCS, SCSM Private Cloud, New Relic, CloudStack. GoDaddy Hosting Services
Other Skills: VIOS, NPIV, GPFS, HACMP 4.3.1, 4.4, HACMP/ES 4.5, 5.X, Samba, PowerBroker, TWS Veritas Volume Manager, Veritas Clusters
Confidential, Orlando, FL
Sr. DevOps Engineer
Environment: Linux, AWS, Terraform, Atlantis, Putty, Azure, VM VirtualBox Manager, Version One, Docker, NAP7 LTMs & Servers, Akamai, Keyblade, Rundeck, AUTO, Chef, Supermarket, Splunk, AppDynamics, Nexus, F5, NetBond, Oracle, Sandbox, Jenkins, Git, Ansible, RabbitMQ, AS400, Vault, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Zookeeper.
- Built and configured a virtual data center in the Amazon Web Services cloud to support enterprise Data Warehouse hosting including Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Public and Private Subnets, Security Groups, Route Tables, Elastic Load Balancer.
- Provide highly durable and available data by using S3 data store, versioning, lifecycle policies, and create AMIs for mission critical production servers for backup.
- Used various services of AWS for this infrastructure, used EC2 as virtual servers to host Git, Jenkins and configuration management tool like Ansible.
- Implemented rapid-provisioning and life-cycle management for Ubuntu Linux using Amazon EC2, Chef, Route53, Kinesis streams, DynamoDB, REDIS.
- Managed AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Servers for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT.
- Utilized Configuration Management Tool Chef & created Chef Cookbooks using recipes to automate system operations and Configuring Chef to build up services and applications on the instances once they have been configured using cloud formation.
- Used Amazon IAM to manage roles and permissions of users to AWS account through IAM, Configured Amazon CloudWatch logs with Amazon EC2 instances for monitoring the log files, store them and track metrics.
- Created AWS Security groups which behaves as virtual firewalls that controls the traffic allowed to reach one or more AWS EC2 instances, Managed network security using L oad balancer, Target groups & Autoscaling.
- Deployment and management of many servers utilizing both traditional and cloud-oriented providers (for example, Amazon EC2) with the Rundeck.
- Create and List Vault Policies and maintain vault secrets using vault CLI for various applications.
- Deliver Solution to improve Cloud architecture, deployment for AWS, Azure and Oracle clouds.
- Deploying, maintaining and managing Amazon Web Service cloud systems to support production enterprise Data Warehouse and Website hosting including PHP, Java and Node JS applications.
- SME for Infrastructure build and support for more than dozens of applications including Disney Springs, ESPN, Disney Cruise line and Disney Vacation Club.
- Work with various developer teams to facilitate better coordination among operations, development, and testing functions by automating and streamlining the integration and deployment processes.
- Create and update Akamai (CDN) properties to manage all web traffic, Caching, Redirects, SSL Setup, SiteShield, Netstorage, Waiting Rooms and Image Manager.
- Utilize CM Tool Chef & created Chef Cookbooks using recipes to automate system operations and Configure to build up services and applications on the instances.
- Build and Maintain Docker container clusters managed by Kubernetes Linux , Bash, GIT . Utilized Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment of the Jenkins system to build, test deploy .
- F5 migration of applications, building and orchestrating virtual servers, Pools, iRules, VIPs and monitoring on F5 LTM to match the configuration the Applications had on NetScaler .
- Create Docker images using a Docker file and worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images, Managing Docker volumes and worked on Docker swarm to deploy the containers into the cluster using Docker CLI.
- Install and Configure Splunk, Cloud watch and AppDynamics monitoring tool, while using it for network services and host resources.
- Analyze the current stack, load cost to brainstorm architecture to reduce the footprint and cost.
- Perform WebSphere Server/JBoss/Tomcat administrations tasks such as deployments, installation, configuration, monitor, performance tuning and log scan.
- Building, Patching, Rebooting and Upgrading Couchbase servers for open source, distributed, NoSQL document-oriented engagement databases.
- Implementing Kafka producer and consumer applications on Kafka cluster setup with help of Zookeeper.
- Assist and offer technical support for all available applications on IBM AS400 iSeries servers and other associated system problems.
- Write JSON script for RabbitMQ message-oriented middleware software to route message to consumers with guaranteed message delivery and provide high available ques at the cluster-node level.
- Provision newer application environments as per progress phase window, collaborate with different stakeholders (Application team, Research Architecture, Design, AppDynamics, Splunk) for successful launch of applications.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Sr. DevOps / Systems Engineer
Environment: Linux, AIX, Solaris, VMWARE 3.5 and vSphere 4.x/5.x, EMC Power Path, 2,3, 5 and 10 Node Veritas Clusters, VMware ESX Server 4.x/5.x, LDOM, IBM p6, p7, p8, Putty, Remote Desktop, Tivoli, RAID, VIO, LPAR, SAN, AWS, Azure, Ansible Tower, Hadoop, GPFS, Powerbroker, NetBackup.
- Was involved in End-To-End datacenter migration of Linux/Unix/AIX servers from Dallas, TX to Chicago, IL.
- Installing/Configuring/Managing/Administrating all Unix/ Linux servers includes the design and selection of relevant hardware to support the installation/upgrades of Red Hat (5/6/7), Solaris 8/9/10 operating systems.
- Responsible for building p870 frames with DUAL VIO setup, installing VIOS, creating LPAR profile, performing all the PowerVM operations, Installing OS, building NIM server, Host Based Migration, Security remediation and OS hardening.
- Remote system administration using tools like SSH, Telnet, and Rlogin.
- Administration of RHEL and 4, 5, 6 which includes installation, testing, tuning, upgrading, troubleshooting both physical and virtual server issues.
- Infrastructure support for Linux cloud environment for Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure.
- Installation, setup and configuration of RHEL, CentOS and VMware Virtual Infrastructure products in different hardware are in a datacenter environment.
- Provisioning new instances on AWS cloud using Ansible, shell, Terraform.
- Integrate Linux System Center with Azure and AWS, Create Azure virtual machines in Azure and AWS, Set up domain controllers in Azure and AWS.
- Installed MapR clients and various Hadoop eco-systems using Ansible.
- Creating, cloning Linux Virtual Machines, templates using VMware Vsphere 4.0 and migrating servers between ESX hosts.
- Installation and management of PowerBroker clients and Auth Servers.
- AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes.
- Perform periodic file system GPFS tuning and monitoring jobs to enhance system/complex performance.
- Configuration of SAN disks using LVM on Linux, Veritas on Solaris Servers.
- RPM and YUM package installations and other server management.
- Checking the quality, security and performance of the customer's applications.
- Upgrade Servers from RHEL 5 to RHEL 6.
- Using Jenkins AWS Code Deploy plug-in to deploy to AWS.
- Failover/Pre-Failback/Failback and verification of the same in case of outage in the high environment using VCS (Veritas Cluster Server).
- Integrating and Kerberos Hadoop cluster with LDAP and active directory for security.
- Involved in writing Chef Cookbooks and recipes to automate the deployment process and to integrating Chef Cookbooks into Jenkins jobs for a continuous delivery framework.
- Data extraction, transformation and loading to and from GlusterFS to Big Data HDFS and Hbase
- Working on Volume management, Disk Management, software RAID solutions using VERITAS Volume manager & Solaris Volume Manager. File system Tuning and growing using VERITAS File System (VxFS), coordinated with SAN Team for storage allocation and Disk Dynamic Multi path. Participate in root-cause analysis of recurring issues, system backup, and security setup.
- Patch and Package administration for installation of patches as per company policy and installation of packaged application.
- Patching of Veritas Netback media/master server that were setup as two node Veritas Cluster running on physical Red Hat Linux 5.11 to do OS and Security patch upgrade and troubleshoot any cluster related issues while testing failover of service groups between nodes.
- Decommissioning of the old Unix servers (Linux, AIX and Solaris) and keeping track of decommissioned and new servers using inventory list. Migration of Local to SAN Boot disks on Production Servers. Worked in 2, 3, 5 and 10 node Veritas Clusters.
- Worked directly with the Customers to demonstrate basic system functionality.
- Monitored System Activities like CPU, Memory, Disk and Swap space usage to avoid any performance issues.
- Configuration of NAS mounts on Solaris and Linux Servers. VMware System Administration, EMC disks addition on Servers.
- Installed, configured, and maintained big data technologies and systems.
- Support for LR project applications developed in Shell, Perl, web methods, Business Objects.
- Configuring and setup connectivity between web servers, database servers and directory servers as a process server administrator.
- Security (implementation of CITI Bank corporate server-build baselines, installing and testing tools like PowerBroker, ESM, WAS), users, groups' administration. Daily Administration of Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers.
- Red Hat Role Based Access Control and Systems Security Administration Used the remedy ticketing system to troubleshoot and resolve issues with servers Installed.
- Automated process to Install/configure/maintain of networking tools NFS, NTP, FTP, SFTP and troubleshooting.
- Attend team meetings, change control meetings to update installation progress and upcoming changes in environment.
Sr. System Administrator / Cloud Admin
Environment: VIO, NPIV, WPAR, Power path, p870, PowerVM, GPFS, AWS, Azure,TSM, NIMADM, LVM, TL Upgrade. Samba
- Responsible for building p870 frames with DUAL VIO setup, installing VIOS, creating LPAR profile, performing all the PowerVM operations, Installing OS, building NIM server, Host Based Migration, Security remediation and OS hardening.Primary skills focused on AIX / UNIX.
- Migration of AIX Server from p770 to p870 at different location.
- Build more than 20 mission Critical application and business customer facing application. Implemented the migration plan in the test environment.
- Involved in large datacenter migration - planning, designing, moving servers to new datacenter, coordinating & troubleshooting issues with various datacenter, network, application, and storage teams.
- Responsible for installing configuring, migrating and maintenance of GPFS version 2.1 and 3.3
- Created new instances on AWS EC2 and configure using CMS Ansible.
- Implemented Big Data solution using CDH 5.0 and performed data streaming into HDFS from AWS and Arrow web servers using Sqoop/Flume.
- Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server, Managed On-site OS/Applications/Services/ Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2/S3&ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Management done utilizing Puppet, Ansible, Centrify, and Powerbroker for automation and AD authentication.
- Installation - AIX OS installation, Migration and TL Upgrades, Cluster Migration.
- Host based Migration, Performed Disk mirroring, backup and restore for better data availability and Disaster Recovery.
- Evaluated migration to an EC2 environment by moving the DC into the cloud using AWS as the primary platform.
- Handle maintenance of AWS applications and various systems, NAT, CSR, FileShare, IMS, ImageRight, and Netrate Insurance based applications. Worked with CyberArk Security enterprise tool.
- NPIV Configuration, Deployed Linux Servers on AWS (EC2), Deployed and configured AWS VPC (Virtual Private Cloud).
- RSH Configuration from Client to NIM Server.
- Installation/Administration of TCP/IP, NFS, DNS, NTP, Auto mounts, Send mail and Print servers as per the client’s requirement.
- Extensive use of LVM, creating Volume Groups, Logical volumes, and disk mirroring.
- Disk Replacement Strategy on AIX. Migration and consolidating LPAR from p770 to New Hardware on p870.
- Host based migration of rootvg using mksysb, Implement DR Plans for Production servers.
- Moderate skill in LDOM helping Solaris team.
- Configuring, monitoring, and fixing daily TSM and Netback issue, NFS Based Migration.
- Alternate Disk migration of rootvg from Clarrion Array to VNX Array and VMAX Array.
- NIMSOFT Installation, SAN migration documentation from AIX standpoint for clusters and standalone.
- Installation, Configuration & Upgrade of AIX operating systems running oracle Database. Migrated AIX 6.1 TL8 to AIX 6.1 TL9.
- Installed and upgraded Powerpath on new and existing UNIX hosts according to EMC standards. Migration of OS from AIX5.3 to AIX6.1 using NIMADM. Build fresh WPAR AIX 5.3 on top of AIX 7.1 for Mission Critical Database.
- Build TSM Server on p7/p8 AIX OS 6.1/7.1, Installed and Configured Samba with appropriate permission for Windows users.
- Installation of Security Patches, Packages on AIX, Worked on ASM disk for Oracle Database Environment.
- LVM - Working with LVM for file system and disk related activity, User Management - Creating and managing user accounts.
- Paging Space - Extending, Reducing and creating Paging Space, Network - Managing Network interfaces, NFS.
- NIM - OS installation and TL up gradation and Service pack, LPAR migration from P7 to P8.
- Cloning & Multi-bos in Operating System, Creating and building AIX LPAR by PowerVM Tool.
- VIO mapping by Power VM Tool kit, worked on IBM Frames p750, p770, p870, Troubleshooting in AIX Environments 5.3,6.1, 7.1.
AIX/UNIX/LINUX System Administrator
Environment: Hardware: IBM RS/6000 - p5-550, p5-590, p5-595.M4000, M5000, T5220, T5240, O/S: IBM AIX 5.2 / 5.3 Solaris, 9.10 Storage: EMC Clarion CX700 and EMCSymmetrix, RS6000, HACMP, WINDOWS 98, WINDOWS NT, AIX4.2.1, HP-UX 10.02, Solaris 5.7.
- Creating and building AIX LPAR by PowerVM Tool, VIO mapping by Power VM Tool kit.
- Worked on BMC Blade Logic Console, worked on IBM Frames p740, p750, p770, started working on POWER 8 Frames - see difference between P7 and P8, Creating and building AIX LPAR Manually via NIM servers.
- Installing security filesets like Centrify, nmda and networker, invista, DS agents, Petrol Agents.
- Used Centrify Server Suite to perform identity, authentication, and access management for Linux servers within Windows Active Directory. Granting User Access to a Linux server using Centrify.
- Configuration Management and Server application management using Chef, Puppet.
- Add Linux servers, analyse environment and install Centrify software using deployment manager.
- Building LPAR using NIM server. Worked on TSM Administration.
- Archived 7TB of data to TSM server then copied to tape drive and migrated to Texas datacenter.
- Performed 6.1, 7.1 AIX OS Installation manually and through Blade-logic Console.
- LPM and troubleshooting the encountered errors. AIX 6.1 patching --TL06 to TL08.
- EMC DMX -4, VMAX, VNX 7500, 5700, 5300 System administration.
- Migrated data from Clarion, Symmetrix DMX3 and DMX4 to VMAX.
- Worked on EMC DMX -4, DMX -3, VMAX, 6633, System administration.
- Audit job after Installation of AIX and rectify the errors. Building VIOs Manually.
- Ensure Security Issues as per the policy and resolve it, if any Assign good Paging Space to the servers.
- Logical Volume Partition according to client requirement, Shell Shock patching through Blade Logic, NPIV configuration.
- PowerHA 6.1 and 7.1 or Cluster Node or later - HACMP, GPFS installation and configuration, changed Dynamic CPU and Memory and troubleshooting it.
- Working in Operation to support the issue arises by clients.
- Worked on LPM from frame to another frame. Rectified the encountered error. Linux Logical Partition, Linux VI Editor.
- Sound exposure/activities of EMC Storage and NAP storage.
- I hold the major responsibility for configuration changes, troubleshoot and decommission servers with coordination with Database and Application teams were a key factor. Respond to alarms/alerts on production and non-production servers. Taking care maintenance tasks which are schedule after clearance. Monitoring. Supporting and performed troubleshooting.
- Experience with POWER 7, 6, 5, 4 Series which include IBM pSeries 780, 770, 595, 570, 550, 520, 505 and RS6000 Servers.
- Build countless VIOS and LPAR’s on p-series p550, p570, p590, p780. Configuration and installation.
- Provided on call production support to AIX and Linux Servers for second shift schedule.
- Performed standard system administration tasks, such as patching and upgrading, troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Performances, File system spaces, CPU and Memory monitoring of Red Hat Enterprise Linux and IBM AIX Servers.
- Provided virtualization support using Red Hat’s KVM platform to manage virtual hosts.
- Monitoring and involved in datacenter activities for installation of rack and stack
- Installed latest Kernel version and booted the system using the newly installed Kernel by making appropriate changes in the grub.
- Installing of software packages using RPMs & YUM.
- Upgraded AIX servers AIX 6.1 TL8 SP3 to AIX 7.1 TL 2 and TL6 SP3.
- Monitored the servers using Nagios regularly and performed troubleshooting.
- Edit system configuration files (network settings, service configuration files, cron)
- Disk Management - Partitioning of disk as per requirement, file system creation and management.
- Maintenance of Logical Volume Management (LVM) and RAID in Linux.
- Creating and deploying LVM, resizing the logical volume and volume group.
- Supporting and working on the various projects such as Sudo Upgrade, Linux Kernel Patching, AIX OS patching, Applying security patch and hot fixes.
- Performing maintenance tasks on the weekends on Prod and Non-Prod servers. Provide day to day support by using Ticketing system.
- Demonstrate technical knowledge with incident handling and troubleshooting.