- My career objective is to use my proven technical and leadership abilities to deliver outstanding results to forward thinking organisations. I highly enjoy working with different technologies and people to improve and efficiently maintain the I.T. infrastructure.
Technical Lead Role/SME Netbackup
- Configure and deploy backup files and scripts to SAP clients
- Train and prepare Data Protector intermediate and senior engineers for Netbackup
- Given the “Partnership First” recognition for the exemplary display of hard work and going the extra mile for the account
- Reduced the license cost by 10% by identifying and removing decommissioned hosts and databases
- Performed annual Disaster Recovery tests with 98% success rate
Sr. Storage and Backup Engineer
- Reduced tapes cost by $20,000 plus a year by utilizing WAN link to do the back and forth replication of data between Jacksonville and Houston sites
- Upgraded Netbackup Appliances from all sites to 3.1.1 with Netbackup 8.1.1 to address Meltdown and Spectre vulnerability
- Identified and removed unnecessary data on backup rotation that saved the company thousands of dollars on license costs.
- Migrated all Windows Physical backup servers with 160TB of data to Netbackup Appliances
- Deployed new Netbackup Appliance 5230, 5240 and Virtual Appliance and configured Linux, Windows, Exchange, Oracle, MSSQL, VMWare (vmdk) and DFSR policies. Designed Storage Lifecycle Policies for duplication and replication jobs
- Installed and configured OpsCenter Analytics to generate Capacity License and daily and monthly backup jobs reports
- Troubleshot and configured tape drives and library.
- Assisted in storage related tasks like Hitachi Vantara and Synology iSCSI LUN provisioning
- Provided day to day operational activities for backup and recovery teams including installation, configuration, monitoring and administration of Netbackup 6.5, 7.1, 7.5 and 7.6
- Continuously looked for opportunities to improve systems performance in terms of backup speed, minimizing errors and keeping all devices up
- Scheduled and implemented Change Management deployment tasks for system changes and upgrade
- Logged service calls to IBM, Oracle or Symantec as required to address unprecedented incidents
- Created a bash script to identify bad tapes on the rotation