- 7 years of extensive work experience inAWS/DevOps/Build and Release Engineering comprising of Software Configuration Management (SCM),Linux Systems Administration, AZURE DEVOPS, Cloud Engineer in AgileEnvironment.
- Extensively worked on AWSEC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, RDS, EBS, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, Auto scaling, CloudFront, CFT’s IAM and S3 Glue, Athena.
- Highly worked on Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) for automated builds using Jenkins and Team city and Azure Devops.
- Experienced working on HashicorpTerraform and AWS Cloud formation tools.
- Extensively Used HashicorpVaultand Consul for SecretsManagement
- Experienced in build tools like Maven, Ant and Gradle.
- Expertise in using ArtifactoryRepository like Nexus, Artifactory, Jfrog, Azure DevopsArtifactory to store the Artifacts. Used ECR and Nexus as Docker repository.
- Expertise in Version Control toolslikeGitHub, Bit bucket and GitLabAzure Repos
- Extensively worked on Cloud native technologies like AWS Kubernetes(EKS) and AWS ECS also used AWS Fargate.
- Written multiple cookbooks and playbooks using Ansible and Chef to automate the environment provisioning on AWS, Middleware Infrastructure Installations and Managing the infrastructure on Hybrid environments.
- Extensively experienced in deploying through web application servers like JBoss, WebSphere, Web logic and Apache Tomcat servers.
- Proficient in scripting for build automations using Declarative DSL (Jenkins Pipelines)Bashand Python.
- Expertise in using Application monitoring tool likeNew Relic, Dynatrace and Zabbix.
- Worked on various ticketing tools include Jira and Remedy.
- Extensively Worked onAmazon Linux,RHEL, Ubuntu and CentOS Linux on physical and virtual machines.
- Familiar with Atlassian tools like Jira and Confluence, Azure Tickets, Azure Wiki for issue tracking and documentation of daily basis.
- Worked on Elasticsearch, Log stash,Flunetd and Kibana for log management.
Operating System: Windows, LinuxRHEL, Cent OS, Ubuntu, Amazon Linux, Mac OS, Unix, Aix
Web Servers: Apache(2.2, 2.4), Nginx(1.x)Treafik
Application Servers: Tomcat, JBoss webserver
Scripting Languages: C, Bash, Python
Databases: Oracle (10g, 11g), SQL SERVER, MY SQL 5.X
Virtualization: VMware ESXI (4.x, 5.x, 6.x), AWS, Docker, Docker SWARM, Kubernetes, ECS, EKS
Version Control Tools: Subversion (SVN), GIT, CVS
Monitoring tool: Dynatrace, New relic, Logic Monitor, Zabbix
Repositories: Nexus, Artifactory, S3, ECR for Docker Azure artifacts
Ticketing Tool: JIRA, Remedy Azure Tickets
Build Tools: Ant, Maven, Gradle
CI Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, Azure Pipelines
Configuration Management: Ansible, Chef, Puppet.
AWS DevOps Engineer
- Developed Terraform scripts for various environments to deploy the Highly available VPC, EC2, ELB, AWS Redshift, Lambda, AWS Glue.
- Written ansible roles and playbooks to deploy and destroy various applications on - demand environments for bug fixes and testing the application by QA teams and Dev teams.
- Developed Declarative Jenkins files to automation Jenkins CI/CD Pipeline deployments for on demand environments.
- Developed the azure build and release pipelines for many new micro services and deployment on AWS Elastic Kubernetes service.
- Created Highly available Docker swarm clusters and EKS Clusters to deploy Dockerized applications.
- Written Groovy Jenkins CI/CD pipelines to deploy dockerized various applications in swarm mode by integrating Jenkins, ansible playbooks and Docker compose files.
- Written docker files for build the base images like, Apache drill, Apache hbase, Tomcat and Jboss
- Worked with Terraform Templates to automate the Azure Iaas virtual machines using terraform modules and deployed virtual machine scale sets in production environment.
- Worked on legacy monolithic applications and micro-services on different projects. Developed a playbook to monitor the docker applications form Jenkins using docker swarm remote API.
- Worked closely with various DEV, QA and DBA teams in process of releases.
- Deployed a highly available HashiCorp vault to secure the application sensitive data and Service Discovery. Migrated all the Jenkins pipeline and ansible playbook to use hashicorp vault to pull the sensitive data and fed it into application.
- Created approle and policies for HashiCorp vault to manage the access and token rotation.
- Deployed a Highly available Apache Kafka and Zookeeper cluster for Distributed system like Bigdata and Hadoop in Docker Swarm.
- Created documentation using Atlassian confluence for deployments and various best practices that need to follow while using some tools.
- Did a POC on HashiCorp vault for choosing the best highly available backend storage dockerizing the vault service to deploy in Docker Swarm mode.
- Did a POC on Apache Kafka and zookeeper to deploy in Docker Swarm mode and implemented the best practices and documented the step follow to rollout log compaction on all kafka topics.
- Worked in Agile environments. Did a lot of Demos and presentations on POC’s. Used Atlassian JIRA to track the issues and resolve it.
- Worked with DBA’s closely to apply database patches form Jenkins to all environments before releases.
- Worked on high priority customer escalations. Provided 24/7 on call support to monitor and resolve most critical alerts in both On-premise Datacenter and AWS environments using Pagerduty.
- Used New Relic, Zabbix, Pingdom to monitor application health and server health.
- Worked on Fluentd to send the application and rest docker container logs straight to s3.
Environment: AWS (IAM, RDS, ECR, SQS, Route 53, CloudWatch, S3 VPC, RDS, Redshift, Lambda, Cloud formation), Terraform, MAVEN, Nexus, Jenkins, Bitbucket, Ansible, Bash, New relic, logic monitor, Zabbix, Tomcat, JBoss, Nginx, Docker, Linux(RHEL, Centos).
AWS Infrastructure/Devops Engineer
- Developed AWSCloud Formation templates to create VPC , Subnets , Routetables , EC2 instances , ELB , Security Groups , RDS,DynomoDB, CloudWatch, Elastic search clusters, Elastic cache clusters
- Experienced in writing Ansible playbooks and Modules to automate our Build/deployment process and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- Creating user and group accounts and allowing access using IAM and setting up own VPC networks and security groups and Peering VPC to Other VPCs.
- Worked on Docker components like Docke r Engine , Hub , Compose and Registry .
- Worked on EC2 Container Service plug-in in JENKINS which automates the Jenkins master-slave configuration by creating temporary slaves.
- Working on Dockerfor building and pushing the images in various environments
- Used Ansible Playbooks to setup Continuous Delivery Pipeline and developed python modules for ansible customization. Deployed micro services , including provisioning AWS environments using Ansible Playbooks and Modules.
- Experience in working with EC2 Container Service and integrating with JENKINS
- Setup Docker to automate container deployment through Jenkins and Worked on Docker container to create Docker images for different environments.
- Troubleshoot the build issue during the Jenkins build process.
- Scheduled Jenkins jobs by integrating BITBUCKET , Maven and Nexus for the automated builds using Groovy , Shellscrips .
- Worked Extensively in Docker to assist with auto-scaling , continuous integration , rolling updates with no downtime .
- Used Confluence for technical documentation, setting up a knowledge base.
- Performed application server builds in EC2 environment and monitoring them using Cloud Watch and Dynatrace .
- Written Docker Files according to the Requirements.
- Created and Maintained Docker files in Source Code Repository build images and ran containers for microservices applications like ECS and Openshift.
- Deployment of binary code in the form of JAR, WAR and EAR files toJBossand Apache Tomcat server from the S3 Bucket.
- Worked extensively on Administrating troubleshooting, configuring and deploying enterprise applications in Jboss webserver and Apache-Tomcat.
- Worked closely with Project Managers, Developers and QA Analysts to ensuresuccessful software build and deployment for test, staging and production environment.
Environment: RHEL7.X, Amazon Linux, Ubuntu, AWS (EC2, ECS, ECR, EFS, VPC, IAM, S3, cloud formation, cloud watch and Route53), GIT, GITHUB, Terraform, Maven, Nexus Jenkins, Docker, Ansible, Dynatrace,Jboss, Apache Tomcat, Python, groovy, Ruby, Bash scripting
DevOps Engineer/AWS Engineer
- Creatingand maintaining scalable and secure infrastructure using EC2 withElastic load balancing and Auto scaling groups in AWS cloud.
- Creating user and group accounts and allowing access using IAM and setting up own VPC networks and security groups.
- Configuring the VPCinbound and outbound networks using public and private Subnets according to the requirements.
- Cloud infrastructure maintenance using EC2, S3, Cloud watch, Cloud Formation, Route 53.
- Responsible for writing custom chef cookbooks to install packages and running services over the environment having number of servers.
- Responsible for creation of chef recipes files to install tomcat instances and to manage configuration files for multiple applications.
- Written 12 different cookbooks using ruby containing multiple recipes to achieve automation for middleware installation, Environment readiness and deployment activities.
- Rapid-Provisioning and Configuration Management for Linux, Windows using Chef and Cloud Formation Templates on Amazon Web Services
- Have implemented chef provisioning for creation of on demand instances and instance infrastructure using the chef-client and bootstrapping using plugins against AWS EC2.
- Configured and integrated the servers for different environments to automatically provision and configuration management of Linux instances using CM/ Provisioning tool Chef.
- Working on Dockerfor building and pushing the images in various environments.
- Using Docker in the process of implementing high level API which provide light weight containers to run the applications.
- Working with source code management tool GIT to maintain the versions of the committed code.
- UsingMAVEN as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the sourcecode.
- Extensively working on CI and CD process by automating build on time basis using Jenkins.
- Responsible for the PluginManagement, User Management and End-End build and deploy setup usingJenkins.
- Scheduled Jenkins jobsby integrating GITHUB, Maven and Nexus for the automated builds using Shellscrips .
- Worked as a systemadministrator for the build and deployments process on the enterprise server.
- Using Nagios for network and server monitoring.
- Deployment of binary code in the form of JAR, WAR and EAR files toJBossand Apache Tomcat server from the Nexus Repository.
- Working on RedHat Linux installation, system Imager usingKickstart.
Environment: RHEL 6.x,7.1, AWS (EC2, VPC, IAM, S3, cloud formation, cloud watch and Route53), GIT, GITHUB, Maven, Jenkins, Docker,chef, Nagios, chef, JBoss, Apache Tomcat, Ruby, Bash scripting
- Installed and configured RHEL 6.x and CentOS on VMware Esxi hosts.
- Configured bare metal VMwareESXI hosts on top a Physical server.
- Worked on complete cycle on migrating physical and virtual machines to cloud and test it.
- Extensively worked on VCenter server features like VMotion , Storage VMotion, High Availability (HA) , Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS) , Fault Tolerance (FT) and other products of VMware.
- Created and managed virtual machines, VMware tools, Templates , Cloning , Deploy Virtual Machines from Templates.
- Configured Puppet Master node infrastructure with loadbalancer and r10k enabled.
- Wrote modules for fetching the code from SVN repository and deploy remotely using puppet.
- Automated all the Systems administration tasks with Puppet modules and manifests.
- Used Subversion for pushing the code and managed Branch, merge and tag.
- Administrated the Jenkins continuous integration server.
- Deployment of binary code in the form of JAR, WAR and EAR files toJBossand Apache Tomcat.
- Used Pythonand Bash scripting for the automation of the environment.
- Created master slave architecture on Jenkins and performed automated builds and deployments.
- Implemented CD pipeline with Jenkins and Puppet to complete the Automation from commit to Deployment.
- Maintained the dev, test, stage and production environments for proper functioning.
- Deployed applications on Jetty and JBoss application servers by writing some Puppet modules, manifests and using modules from puppet-forge.
Environment: RHEL,Puppet,Centos, VMware ESXI,Subversion, Jenkins, Jetty, JBoss, Splunk,Dockers, Python, Bash, chef