- Over 9 years of experience in UNIX Administration.
- Experienced in installation, configuration, administration, troubleshooting, tuning, security, backup, recovery and upgrades of Confidential AIX, Sun Solaris, Win NT/2000/03 Server, Linux (Red Hat & SuSE) in a very large environments.
- Experienced in all aspects of AIX System Administration and support for all RS/6000 servers such as: OS installation and upgrade, OS problem resolution, application of OS fixes, installation of application software, administration of user accounts, system configuration, troubleshooting, system monitoring, system tuning, security updates, hardware maintenance, disk usage maintenance, etc. Most of these tasks are performed using native Korn Shell scripts.
- Experience in Installation and configuration of Flash copy and LAN.
- Configured and migrated virtual machine from one host to other.
- Worked on VMware and Advance Power virtualization.
- Managing and mounting file systems (using NEWFS, FORMAT, FSCK, MOUNT, VOLD) ufs. And Installing the Solaris operating system.
- Good knowledge in Confidential AIX hardware components (RS/6000, pSeries), trouble - shooting and maintenance of PC’s
- Installation and configuration of WebSphere on Aix server.
- Installed VERITAS Cluster Server on Solaris, with Oracle agent.
- Backup and restoration process in Solaris.
- Experienced in implementing the workload Management (WLM) using cloning and clustering.
- Experience in monitoring the availability & performance of AIX Servers through tools like vmstat, netstat, and iostat.
- Subject Matter Expert in AIX 6.1, 5.3 with APV, Lpar, Wpar & LPM (Live Partion Mobility) as well as strong knowledge of Solaris 10 with Ldoms/Zones, HP-UX11i and RH Linux5.
- Experience in client/server based ERP solutions.
- Expertise in migration from HACMP V5.3 to HACMP V5.4, 5.5 and migrations of data center.
- Experienced in Installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of HACMP.
- Well Versed in Installing, Configuring and Trouble-Shooting Application Servers like Confidential WebSphere 3.5/4.0/5.0, BEA WebLogic and Web Servers like Confidential HTTP Web Server, iPlanet Web Server, Apache Webserver on, AIX and Windows 9X/200X.
- Extensive Experience in optimization of Enterprise Applications using WebSphere Application server 6,6.1, XML Config, Workload Management (WLM), WAS Resource analyzer, WebSphere Test Environment (WTE), Confidential Visual Age for Java, EJB, JNDI, LDAP, JMS, Oracle 10i,9i/8i/7.x, DB2 UDB on, AIX and Windows 2000/03.
- Configuration management including the building of LPARs and configuring the hardware devices that support them.
- Disaster Recovery Planning.
- Adept at Monitoring and altering file system usage, hardware and system process failures.
- Experience with Korn Shell, CShell and Perl Scripts.
- Proficiency with configuration and maintenance of NFS, DNS, NIS/NIS+, DHCP, SMTP, and Networking with TCP/IP.
- Skilled at Confidential -AIX kernel Tuning, Performance Analysis and Load Balancing.
- Everyday Network administration tasks - adding and removing users file and share permissions, trust management, replication management, server backups, and server setups.
- Performed user tasks including submitting and managing parallel, serial and interactive jobs.
- Proven ability to define System requirements, recommended solutions, analyze capacity and make appropriate modifications.
- Excellent team worker and ability to quickly adopt and work under minimal supervision.
- Extensive experience in setup, configuration, upgrade, maintenance, performance monitoring and troubleshooting on different LINUX platforms like Redhat, CentOS, SuSE, Debian, Fedora
Hardware Platforms: Confidential RS-6000, P-series HP 9000, Challenge L/DM, Indigo2Extreme, Indigo2 Impact, Web force Indy, O2, Sun Fire V480, 6800, Sun Enterprise Servers E3500/6500.
Operating Systems: AIX 5L, AIX 4.3 5.3 6.1, AIX 4.2, AIX 3.2.5, Solaris, Linux HP-UX 10.02, IRIX 6.2, IRIX 5.3,Windows NT 4.0, Windows Server 2003, Windows 95/98, Redhat Enterprise Linux 3, 4 & 5,, and SuSE Linux 10
Software Packages: SMIT ( Confidential ), Sam (HP-UX), SYSTEM MANAGER (SGI), HACMP 3.1, Lotus Notes 4.5, MS Internet Explorer, Lotus Smart Suite, MS office, MS project, checkpoint.
Databases: Oracle 8i/9i/10g, SQL Server 2000, Confidential DB2, Teradata, Sybase, MS Access.
Computer Languages: Shell Programming (Bourne, C, K-shell) AWK, C, C++, PERL, HTML.
Confidential - Milwaukee, WI
UNIX Linux & cloud Administrator/Engineer
- Managing Nagios, Cacti and Cloudwatch for monitor critical system health, performance, security, disk usage..... Etc.
- Maintaining highly reliable 24x7x365 Linux production servers for internal, global and AWS EC2 instances.
- Installed and configured Nagios on 139 server.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of Linux Servers such as DHCP, DNS, FTP, NFS, SFTP, SAMBA, HTTPD, APACHE, Kerberos, and NTLM...etc Monitoring tools: Nagios, Cacti,Zabix and Cloudwatch
- Maintain internal data center and AWS servers for 100% uptime.
- HACMP cluster to keep applications running, with no down time.
- Monitoring tools: Nagios, Cacti, ganglia, and Cloudwatch
- Responsible for maintaining 435 Linux servers PROD/DEV/UAT environment.
- AIX 5L v5.3 MPIO support for multi-path Fibre Channel storage subsystems, as well as AIX servers configured with multiple Fibre Channel (FC) Host Bus Adapters (HBA) on a Storage Area Network (SAN).
- Configuration of fail over Adapter scenario.
- Installation of OAS (Oracle Application Server) on AIX 7.1 and its configuration with Oracle database.
- Installation of VERITAS Netbackup Client 5.1 and Server on AIX 7/Microsoft Windows, Have good knowledge of taking backup of VERITAS Netbackup clients and their restoration.
- Management of Active Directory users on Windows Server 2003 and LDAP users on AIX servers.
- Experience in configuring WebLogic server in a Cluster solution for High Availability, Load balancing and failover support.
- Experience with setup and maintenance of WebLogic Server, Apache, Tomcat, LDAP.
UNIX AIX & Linux Administrator/Engineer
- Responsible for creating maintaining and managing LPARS, LPARS and VIO with HMC console.
- Working with the steady state team, troubleshoot the issue on production boxes.
- Working with the LCM team (Life cycle Management) involves with server migration, OS upgrades, patching
- Experience with working and supporting an enterprise level account with servers over 11,000,00.
- Experience with EMC Avamar product and EMC smarts.
- Experience with Data Migration.
- Responsible for the health of internal and production Windows and Linux systems
- Experience / working knowledge of configuration and operation.
- Experience with running snap clone on the storage disk.
- Responsible for performance tuning of Linux.
- Linux/UNIX system installation and administration of SMB, virtual machines, LVMs, VPNs, and related services.
- Work with functional and admin teams to deliver automated workflow solutions in ServiceNow
UNIX AIX Administrator/Engineer
- Servers build, using NIM to install the images
- Updating YUM Repository and Redhat Package Manager (RPM).
- Expertise in Configuring NFS, DHCP and DNS on servers.
- Performing LPM work migrating Lpars from P7 to P8 and P8 to P8.
- Conversion of Vscsi adapter to NPIV.
- Coordination among different cross commits like Mainframe teams, DBAs, App teams.
- Used SVN for source code version control.
- WSRR tool for automated and scalable capabilities to optimize resources in SOA environment.