- DevOps Engineer with over 8 years of IT experience. Also worked as a Build and Release Engineer, infrastructure integrator and System administrator and strong expertise in best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM)
- Worked on source controller tools like Subversion (SVN), CVS, IBM Clear case, Perforce and GIT
- Extensively worked in continuous integration tools Jenkins, Hudson and Teamcity for end - end automation for all build and deployments
- Use of MAVEN &ANT as Build Tool for building of deployable artifacts (WAR & EAR) from source code
- Hands-on Development Experience in Java and J2EE Applications
- UNIX/LINUX Administration, Shell Scripting with expertise in Red-hatLinux 4,5,6 and 7, Solaris 8, 9 and 10,HP-UX 11i,Windows NT /2000/2003 servers and Web Servers
- Experience in creating physical volumes, volume groups and logical volumes using LVM’s in Red Hat Linux
- Automated builds using TFS team build and cruisecontrol.net build for .NET applications and Salesforce
- Proficient in development and execution of XML, Shell Scripts and Perl Scripts.
- Proficient in Deploying code using web application servers like Web Sphere/ Web Logic/ Apache Tomcat/JBOSS/ IIS
- Efficient in working closely with teams to ensure high quality and timely delivery of builds and releases
- Experience in Cloud Computing, Cloud infrastructure provisioning, configuration, and management (Rack Space)
- Experience in using Bamboo for Deployments, integration and delivery
- Knowledge in managing Sonartype Nexus/ Artifactory repositories for MAVEN artifacts and dependencies
- Experience in configuration management tools like CHEFand Puppet
- Ability in managing all aspects of the software configuration management process including code compilation, packaging/Deployment / release methodology, and application configurations.
- Experience in build platform like Docker.
- Expertise in Oracle, PostgreSQL&MySQL.
- Continuous Deployment using Shell scripts, PowerShell and Python.
- Experience in maintaining platforms like Ubuntu, Red Hat AND CentOS.
- Experience in load balancing, DNS, SSL, and firewalls.
- Strong knowledge on source controller concepts like Branches, Merges and Tags.
- Experienced in using deploying frameworks like UDeploy
- Knowledge in ELK Stack overview and Nagios.
- Experience in using bug tracking systems like JIRA, Bugzilla, HP Quality Centre, ServiceNow and IBM Clear Quest and many Atlassian applications like Crucible.
- Managed environments DEV, SIT, QA, UAT & PROD for various releases & designed instance strategies
- Experience in multiple deployments using CHEFwith Microsoft Azure
- Worked with Engineers, QA and other teams to ensure automated test efforts are tightly integrated with the build system and in fixing the error while doing the Deployment and building (Agile Projects)
- Conduct systems design, feasibility & cost studies and recommend cost-effective cloud solutions like Amazon Web Services (AWS); Performed Database administration tasks for MS SQL server and hands on experience with Oracle
- Experience in .NET development
- Experience in AEM(Adobe experience manager) in content delivery and resolving issues
- Strong experience to all aspects of software development life cycle (SDLC) involving Agile/Scrum such as Analysis, Planning, Developing, Testing and Implementing and Post-production analysis of the projects.
- Self-motivated and resourceful team contributor, able to quickly grasp new technologies; deft at tracing complex build problems, release & environment issues in multi-component environment
- Excellent hands-on trouble-shooting, problem solving and communication skills; analytical leader with ability to work efficiently in both independent and teamwork environments.
Operating Systems: Linux centos7, Redhat, Windows(2000/XP), 2003 Server
Version Control Tools: Visual Source Safe, TFS,SVN and GIT
Database: MySQL, MS Access, Oracle 9i/10g, SQL Server 2005, 2008, RDS
Application Servers: WebLogic, WebSphere and Tomcat
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, MySQL
Build/Release/DevOps: Make File, Ant, Maven, MS Build, GIT, Nagios, Code Coverage/Quality/Continuous Integration Hudson/ Jenkins
Build tools: Maven, ANT and Gradle
Continuous Integration Servers: Jenkins/Hudson, Anthill Pro and Bamboo
Release tools: UDeploy, Rundeck and XLDeploy
Configuration Management: CHEF, Ansible and SaltStack
Issue Tracking Management: JIRA Administration, Bugzilla, HP Quality Center, Clover, Rally and Remedy
Testing Tools: Quick Test Pro, Load Runner
ATC Engineer- Automation, Tooling & Cloud
- Designed, Installed and Implemented Chef configuration management system
- Created and updated Chef manifests and modules, files, and packages.
- Automated the cloud deployments using Chef and AWS cloudformation templates.
- Implemented rapid-provisioning and lifecycle management for Ubuntu Linux using Amazon EC2, Chef, and custom Bash scripts.
- Developed automation scripting in Python (core) using Chef to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers.
- Worked on Version control setups like GIT and integration tools Jenkins
- Installed, Configured and Administered Jenkins Continuous Integration Tool.
- Developed automation framework for Application Deployments to the cloud environments.
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups, Optimized volumes and EC2 instances.
- Developed shell scripts for automation of the build and release process, developed Custom Scripts to monitor repositories, Server storage.
- Deployed the Java applications into web application servers like JBoss.
- Performed and deployed Builds for various Environments like QA, Integration, UAT and Productions Environments.
- Worked on the installation and configuration of the monitoring tool Nagios.
- Implemented Nagios core for monitoring Infrastructure resources.
- Set up customized monitoring with Nagios, Nagios Graph for the legacy and new environments.
- Automated Nagios services for database server, web-server, application-server, networks, file sizes, RAM utilization, Disk performances using Python
- To achieve Continuous Delivery goal on high scalable environment, used Docker coupled with load-balancing tool Nginx.
- . Extensively created Terraform Scripts for the modules to automate the process.
- Bootstrapping automation scripting for virtual servers, using VMWare clusters.
- Worked on Apache and Firewalls in both development and production.
Environment: Ubuntu, Chef, AWS, Maven, Sonarqube, Nagios,Terraform,Python, Shell, VMware, Java, Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Hudson, GIT, SVN, Apache Webserver, JBoss, Apache JMETER, GIT, SVN, Windows, Ruby, Chef, JIRA.
Cloud / Build and Release Engineer
- Created the automated build and deployment process for application, re-engineering setup for better user experience, and leading up to building a continuous integration system for all our products.
- Created and maintained Salt-Master in Salt for continuous deployment of resource in site/paging and production environment.
- Designing and implementing fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment by using technologies Salt.
- Utilize Salt Stack to Support and Maintain 200+ Server Oracle/Red hat Linux Environment
- Installing and configuring Salt stack, writing manifests to automate day-to-day activities.
- Managed 200 servers using Salt stack to install and update system, application configurations.
- Designed, developed and deployed applications on to several cloud based solutions using configuration Management tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible and Saltstack.
- Used for faster server provisioning and configuration though Saltstack configuration management tool.
- Worked on various Azure serviceslike Compute, Azure Traffic Manager, Azure storage, Azure sql database, azure app service for deploying web applications, azure load balancer.
- Configured Azure VM’sthrough Azure Resource Manager Templates (ARM) or Azure portal.
- Designed and Configured Azure Virtual Networks, subnets, NSG’s, DNS and Configured AzureApplication Gatewayto acts as load balancer to make IaaS VM’s highly available.
- Worked with Security team to make sure that data is highly secured. Configured BGProutes to enable Express RouteConnections between on premise data centers and azure cloud.
- Developed powershell scripts for the automation and build process and also based on the RTO and RPO implemented the Disaster Recovery using Azure Site Recovery.
- Built CI/CD pipeline using azure pipelines, retrieving code from azure repo, storing the artifacts into azure artifactsand deploying into azure web apps. Configured self-hostagent in azure devops to run jobs. Developed Yaml script to define the build
- Designed, installed and implemented the Ansibleconfiguration management system and used Ansibleto manage Webapps, used Ansible Towerto automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploy critical applications and proactively manages change.
- Worked on Container management using Dockerby writing Docker filesand set up the automated build on Docker Hub and written Docker Composefile for multi containerprovisioning and Makefile file to build, run, tagand publisha docker container to Azure Container Registry.
- Deployed and managed clustersusing AzureKubernetes Serviceand worked on creating pods, replication controllers, Name Spaces, deployments, Services, labels, health checks, Ingressresources and Controllers by writing YAMLfiles. Integrated them using weave, flannel, calico SDN networking.
- Automating configuration management using Saltstack
- Saltstack for orchestration of tasks and processes
- Hands on experience in Saltstack deployment, dashboards configurations.
- Automation of various administrative tasks on multiple servers using Saltstack.
- Worked on win2008, 2012 and SQL AlwaysON clusters. Installing win2008 and win2012 from VM template and setting up the application on the server.
Environment: Chef, Puppet, Ansible and Saltstack, Azure, Docker, Oracle/Red hat Linux, SVN, JIRA.
DevOps/Build and Release Engineer
- Git SCM Test, Review and merge Pull Requests in GitHub created by other CHEFengineers.
- Managed users, organizations and repositories in GitHub.
- Code management for several standalone utilities along with project specific template using Atom.
- Jenkins CI Building CIpipelines in Jenkins while also fully scripting the creation and provisioning of Jenkins.
- Worked on continuous Integration tools like Jenkins& Anthillpro.
- Work with Build and Release teams to enhance the current process to implement a better software packaging and delivery by automation using Jenkins and Artifactory.
- Create Artifact repositories on Request from Several App Teams on daily basis.
- JIRA Administrator Working as a JIRA Administrator for three crucial environments SIT, UAT & PROD .
- Migrated from Rally and BMC remedy templates to JIRA at zero percent data loss.
- Created projects in JIRA on daily basis for new issues with custom templates Backlog clearance of 100% per sprint .
- Artifactory central Storage for enterprise Artifacts Work with packaging team to make appropriate packages available in Enterprise Artifactory for Application Specific repositories.
- Created JIRA dashboard to share with Stake holders and internal teams to track progress on the project SLA/KPI’s.
- Automated JIRA Custom gadgets to communicate with Artifactory API's.
- Automated process for Moving builds from Anthill pro to Jenkins.
- Deployed several Applications in UDeploy
- Automated Stand-alone PowerShell utility script for automating search and upload of dependencies in to Jfrog Artifactory
- Worked with Development teams to find vulnerabilities in Artifacts uploaded Jfrog Artifactory repositories using Jfrog X-ray and Blackduck.
- AWS Release/Operations Launching Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Images (Linux/ Ubuntu) and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Working with Architects to deploy new Applications Smoothly into required environments.
- Working with AWS services such as EC2, VPC, RDS, CloudWatch, CloudFront, Route53 etc.
- Creating S3 buckets s and also managing policies for S3 buckets s and Utilized S3 buckets andGlacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Working with Cloud Administrators for several Load balancing and handling regional specific Issues.
- Best troubleshooting ability specific to single or multiple instances in a cluster.
- Created and configured several EC2 instances using Linux with Ubuntu platform
- Worked on Simple Storage Service(S3) in AWS cloud
- Excellent skills in AWS Vertical scaling and Auto-scaling the database
- Used Docker containers for eliminating a source of friction between development and operations.
- Used Docker to virtualize the servers for the test environments and development environments needs. And also, configuration automation using Docker containers. Build additional Docker Slave nodes for Jenkins using custom built Docker images and instances.
- Used Docker as a new level of simplicity to defining and creating applications by encapsulating them in containers. Created virtual images similar to production environment using Docker by writing Docker compose files.
- Designed distributed private cloud system solution using Kubernetes (Docker) on CoreOS.
- Used Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, scale and manage Docker containers with multiple name spaced versions.
Environment: s: AWS, JIRA Administration, Jenkins, Jfrog Artifactory,Jfrog X-ray, Blackduck,UDeploy, Git, SVN, Anthill pro, Confluence, Docker, Kubernetes,Shell Scripts and PowerShell scripting.