- IP Networking
- Advanced TCP/IP and its related routing protocols (RIPv1, RIPv2, IGRP, EIGRP, OSPF and BGP)
- Implementation Engineer of Large Scale Networks / LAN & WAN Technologies
- Network Design, Integration and Troubleshooting Specialist
- Cisco router platforms using Cisco IOS
- Cisco switching platforms using Cisco IOS and CATOS
- Cisco Router & Switch Configuration, Installation and Maintenance
- ATM - Frame Relay Internetworking MPLS (AVPN & NVPN) and VRF
- Circuit Test & Turn-Up of T-1, DS-x, Frame Relay to ATM Service (FRATM) and VCC/VPC circuits
- Network Management Systems Netview 6000, HP Openview, CiscoWorks, WhatsUp Gold
- Juniper Network and Security Manager (NSM) and NetScreen-5GT Routers
- VBScript for data collection and configuration.
- Microsoft Windows OS - WIN 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP, Windows 7, Windows 10, MS Active Directory
- Microsoft Office Suites - Office 97, Office 2007, Office 2010, Visio 2010
- Network Operations and Data Center support experience with nationwide user base for major oil company
Network Support Engineer
- Provided daily report on issues related to loss of communications to retail stores to reduce loss of sales. Provided feedback on performance of third party vendor and assisted in the development of field procedures.
- Managed site execution for configuration, connectivity and directed site personnel on issues to complete each step.
- Performed Test and Turn-up to prove all features and functions performed proper prior to placement into production.
- Identified several issues with data base information causing issues on creation of new nodes during build.
- Managed cutovers of multiple store locations each night with the installation of ASA 5525, 3560 & 2960 switches.
- Providing instruction to technicians, configuration and network device validation, troubleshooting and tracking outstanding issues for each store.
- Provided several key validation steps and input to processes for development.
- Create; modify switch and router configurations for variety of Cisco platforms.
- Provide daily Network Support for medical staff, medical equipment and vendors.
- Implementation and maintenance of Force10 Network Switches during roll-out of new facilities.
- Configuration, Maintenance and Support of NEC UNIVERGE SV8300 and UM4730 Communications Servers.
- Responsibilities included (VMWare) Virtual Desktops, Siemens Medical applications and Microsoft 2003 server environment. Managed MS Server Active Directory for access to domain resources.
- Volunteered for Ownership and Support of NEC telephone system from managing vendors. I resolved major phone system and call quality issues saving the company $150K on reprogramming and hardware fees.