- Highly analytical, solutions - based, and results driven professional, with broad-based experience in the software development life cycles and agile methodology complemented with understanding of multiple automation tools for developing digital pipelines.
- Equipped with knowledge of industry trends and technology advancements relating to source control, build management, and configuration management tools.
- Skilled at providing support for developing infrastructure-related design flows to enhance high availability based on service-level agreement (SLA) and business requirements; building Object Oriented applications with C++ and Java; as well as writing Shell and Perl scripts with UNIX.
- Armed with exceptional communication, organizational, critical, and time management aptitudes to achieve set objectives and goals, implemented container services like Docker and Kubernetes for various Applications.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Continuous Integration and Deployment
- Build and Release Management
- Amazon Web services
- Cloud Formation and Scripting
- Infrastructure Administration
- Application Support
- Created a lambda function to stop and start the instance in AWS in non-business hours to save the cost to organization.
- As a Dev Ops & Cloud Engineer, worked in AWS environment, instrumental in utilizing Compute Services (EC2, ELB), Storage Services (S3, Glacier, Block Storage, Lifecycle Management policies),
- Extensive working experience on working with the configuration management tools like Ansible, chef, puppet.
- Created customized AMIs based on already existing AWS EC2 instances by using create image functionality, hence using this snapshot for disaster recovery.
- Created AWS Launch configurations based on customized AMI and use this launch configuration to configure auto scaling groups and Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, Route53, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups.
- Created Cloudfront Distribution for various marketing websites.
- Implemented Blue green Deployment plan by assigning Build number on Rt53 record name and Aliasing the main URL.
- Configured AWS IAM and Security Group in Public and Private Subnets in VPC.
- Implemented and maintained Ansible Configuration management spanning several environments in AWS cloud.
- Managed EC2 instances utilizing Launch Configuration, Auto scaling, Elastic Load balancing, automated the process of provisioning infrastructure using Cloud Formation templates, and used Cloud Watch to create alarms and monitor environments.
- Migrating present Linux & Windows environment to AWS by creating and executing a migration plan, deployed EC2 instances in VPC, configured security groups & NACL’s, attached profiles and roles using AWS Cloud Formation templates and Ansible modules.
- Managed Ansible Playbooks with Ansible modules, implemented CD automation using Ansible, managing existing servers and automation of build/configuration of new servers.
- Experience in using of Docker for virtualization, containerization, and deploying the applications securely to fasten the Build and Release Engineering, performed automation tasks using Docker Hub, Docker Engine, Docker Machine, Docker Compose and Docker Registry
- Extensively worked on Bamboo by installing, configuring, troubleshooting and maintaining for Continuous Integration (CI) and for End-End automation of all builds and deployments.
- Implemented CI/CD Pipeline using Bamboo.
- Created local, virtual repositories in Jfrog Artifactory and integrated with Bamboo to download the Artifacts during the Deployment.
- Excellent knowledge in writing Bash and Python scripts to automate some of the Administrative tasks.
- Experienced in Issue Tracking tools like JIRA.
- Knowledge on Installing and configuring applications on windows and Linux servers.
- Knowledge of using Routed Protocols like TCP, SSH, HTTP, HTTPS and Direct connect.
- Built a python framework to automate administrative tasks.
- Used python boto3 module to implement lambda function for various Infrastructure automation within the AWS cloud.
- Supported home grown custom Java Applications which was hosted on AWS ECS.
- Developed various poweshell scripts to Automate the application installation on servers.
- Extensive knowledge on CI/CD configuration.
- Automated log transport to Splunk by subscribing Cloudwatch log streams with AWS Kensis firehouse by building a Custom Lambda function.
- Used Amazon Identity Access Management (IAM) tool created groups & permissions for users to work collaboratively.
- Extensive knowledge on AWS Route53 DNS strategies.
- Facilitated the building and assisted environments which consisted of development, testing, and production.
- Collaborated with numerous Agile Development Team to effectively regulate branching and tagging of code within repository and utilized Git, Bitbucket and team foundation server (TFS) for code base integrity maintenance.
- Applied knowledge of Git for source code version control and incorporated with Jenkins for CI/CD pipeline, code quality tracking, and user management with build tool Maven.
- Played a pivotal role in fulfilling the following duties:
- Implementation of continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) through Jenkins with build tool Maven and Ansible;
- Utilization of Agile methodology through the entire project, while participating in weekly and daily basis release management
- Maintaining the user accounts (IAM), RDS, Route 53, SES and SNS services in AWS cloud.
- Auto scaling groups, CloudWatch, CloudFront, IAM for installing configuring and troubleshooting on various Amazon Images.
- Arrangement and configuration of Bitbucket server as well as integration of JIRA with Bitbucket in tracking issues and bugging reports;
- Generation of branches and tags within Bitbucket repositories in compliance with the strategies used by release management specified for different releases;
- Involvement in performance testing application using Load Runner and JMeter;
- Performance of unique commit-level code by planning and sustaining Bitbucket repositories, views, and the access control strategies;
- Generation of projects and repositories in Bitbucket to host source code which established by Development Team and arrangement of files and scripts sustained by Configuration Management Team; and
- Operation with Atlassian products such as Bitbucket, Bamboo, and JIRA; as well as installation and configuration of Ansible server and agent setup.
- Led the configuration of elastic load balancers with EC2 Autoscaling groups along with the AWS IAM and security group in public and private subnets in VPC.
- Established AWS infrastructure various resources, such as VPC, EC2, RDB, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Autoscaling, SES, SNS, and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- Dealt with formulating, extending, minimizing, and administering logical volume management (LVM) in RHEL
- Spearheaded the continuous implementation of integration and continuous delivery process through the use of Jenkins as well as Python and Shell scripts in automating routine jobs.
- Carried out thorough installation, configuration, and administration of JBoss 6.0 server in several environments.
Confidential, Arlington VA
Build | Release Engineer
- Rendered keen oversight to establishing Java applications onto different environments such as development, quality assurance, and production.
- Combined Subversion and Maven with Jenkins to execute the continuous integration process.
- Executed build and release management process, while observing changes among releases.
- Directed issue tracking and scrum planning using JIRA.
- Designed Maven, Python, and UNIX scripts to arrange activities in quality assurance, staging, and production environments. Research and implement new tools such as Kubernetes with Docker to assist with auto-scaling, continuous integration, rolling updates with no downtime.
- Hands on experience in monitoring EC2 instances using Nagios.
- Worked on Atlanssian Tools and bootstrapping the nodes.
- Leveraged AWS cloud services such as EC2, auto-scaling and VPC to build secure, highly scalable and flexible systems that handled expected and unexpected load bursts.
- Used and configured different plugins like Delivery Pipeline Build var,Env Inject plugins for Jenkins.
- Made use of Nexus to handle the repository in Maven as well as to disseminate the snapshots and releases of internal projects.
- Equipped Nexus with the essential repository setup, plug-in, user management, and regular maintenance.
- Closely coordinated with the developers, testers, and DBA’s teams in dealing with release management calls for an effective release.
- Strictly enacted the configuration and change management policies and procedures.
- Provided reports regarding the progress and issues in tracing key project milestones, plans, and resources to the project manager.
System Administrator Engineer
- Rendered oversight on RHEL, HPUX, and Solaris Operating Systems, in charge of resolving technical problems related to system administration (Linux of clients).
- Installation of patches and package management using RPM and YUM in Red hat Linux.
- Managed Network troubleshooting applications TCP/IP including Ethernet, IP addressing & Sub netting, routing.
- Experience with Apache tomcat web servers for application deployment.
- Experience in developing dynamic web-based user interfaces using HTML and Java.
- Worked on Kernel tuning and Kernel patching.
- Assumed accountability for the maintenance and troubleshooting of FTP and Samba server Executed build and release management process, while observing changes among releases.
- Dealt with daily operations, software installation, patch application, file system management, performance monitoring, and troubleshooting of alerts.
- Handled the overall aspects of Linux encompassing operations and troubleshooting while addressed server problems
- Exemplified efforts in preparing Red Hat Linux locally or over the network-kick start (NFS, FTP, and HTTP)
- Hold responsibility for user administration, including setup and account maintenance; server and system upkeep; IT support to users.
- Spearheaded Jira agile projects, such as producing scrum boards and configuring columns, filters, as well as reports for sprints.
- Strategically formulated and executed policies for company system and network users.
- Supervised the backup process for server and client data.
- Offered on-call support and resolution to operator request regarding system hardware, software, and network.
- Effectively retained a 99.98% uptime of LINUX production servers and adhered to appropriate escalation.