- Over 6+ years of experience in IT Industry with ability to accomplish all aspects of the software configuration management (SCM) process, Linux/DevOps and Build/Release management.
- Expert - level knowledge of Amazon EC2, S3, VPC, RDS, Elastic Load Balancing, Autoscalling, IAM, SQS, security groups, Lambda, Cloud Watch and other AWS services.
- Experience with monitoring tools such as CloudWatch, Splunk, and Nagios.
- Extensive experience with data center infrastructure, automation initiatives, web site migrations, and network migrations.
- Well-versed in DevOps principles and agile software development practices.
- Profusely worked on AWS EC2 cloud services for installing, configuring and troubleshooting on various Amazon images like AMI, Red Hat, Ubuntu 12.04, 14.04, 16.04.
- Used Terraform to create AWS components like EC2, IAM, VPC, ELB, security groups.
- Installation, Configuration and Management of RDBMS and NoSQL tools such as OracleDB, MySQL, DynamoDB, and MongoDB & Cassandra.
- Experienced on deploying multiple versions of Java with Tomcat, Apache, and WebLogic servers on AWS cloud platform.
- Experienced with multiple configuration and automation tools such as Puppet and Chef, to automate a broad range of services.
- Experience working on version control system tools like GIT and SVN, with working knowledge on source control concepts like Branches, Masters, Merges and Tags.
- Hands-On experience in Implement, Build, and Deployment of CI/CD pipelines, managing projects often includes tracking multiple deployments across multiple pipeline stages (Dev, Test/QA staging and production).
- Experienced with Jenkins as Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment Tool and strong experience with Ant and Maven Build Frameworks.
- Experience with SaaS (Software as a Service), PaaS (Platform as a Service), and IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) solutions.
- Used Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, scale and manage Docker containers with multiple namespace versions.
- Experience working on several containerization tools like Kubernetes, OpenShift and Docker components like Docker Engine, Docker Hub, Docker Machine, Docker Compose, Docker weave, Dockers warm and Docker Registry.
- Hands on experience on development of utilities using Shell, Power shell, Python, and Ruby scripting to automate processes.
- Monitored CVS, SVN, IBM Clear Case, Hudson, and Maven for Automation Deployment.
- Expert level programming skills in UNIX and shell scripting.
- Involved in Unit Test Cases writing and having good knowledge in J-Unit.
- Strong knowledge with development in Agile Methodology like Test Driven Development, SCRUM, and Pair Programming.
- Extensive hands on experience in designing, building and automating cloud infrastructures on Amazon Web Services (AWS), also familiar with Windows Azure and Open Stack.
- In-Depth understanding of entire web-based architectures, web technologies, SDLC, and OOAD.
- Excellent Client interaction skills and proven experience in working independently as well as in a team.
Cloud Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Open stack, Microsoft Azure
Cloud Services: EC2, S3, VPC, Cloud Formation, Cloud Watch, RDS, Dynamo DB, IAM
Monitoring tools: Cloud Watch, Nagios, Wireshark, Splunk
Build Tools: Visual Studio, Make, Maven, Jenkins
Programming / Scripting Languages: UNIX Shell Scripting, .Net, Perl Scripting, Python, HTML, JSON
Server: Apache, Tomcat, MS-IIS
Release/Project Management: Microsoft Release management Server
Issue Tracking/Monitoring: BugZilla, JIRA, Service Now, HPSM, Cloud Watch and Nagios
Configuration Management Tools: Chef, Puppet. OpenStack, Ansible
Database: My SQL
Version Control System: Subversion (SVN), GITHUB
CI Tools: Jenkins, Maven, Ant, SonarQube
Operating System: Windows Variants, Linux, UNIX.
Virtualization Tech: VMware, vSphere, VMware Workstation, Virtual Box, KVM, Vagrant.
Confidential, Denver, CO
DevOps Deployment Engineer
- Responsible to plan, lead and execute deployments of business critical applications.
- Play a key role in automated deployments on AWS using GitHub, Terraform, Puppet, Chef and Jenkins
- Configuring and deploy on AWS environment with ECS, EKS, Cloud Watch, SNS and elastic search.
- Manage builds and deploy using Maven/ Gradle build scripts for Java based applications. Implementation of DevOps and Continuous delivery with Jenkins
- Contribute to CI automation by improving framework to grab test reporting data from Jenkins Builds and summarize that information on Bitbucket.
- Use Bash and Python to supplement automation and Terraform for tasks such as an encrypting EBS volumes backing AMI s and scheduling Lamda functions for routine AWS tasks.
- Set up the CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins, Maven, GitHub, Chef, Terraform and AWS.
- Manual build and deployment process to DEV/TEST for .Net and Java applications
- Administrating the Nexus Repo for upload/download of artifacts
- Driving DevOps initiatives and adoption by recommending, implementing toolsets and best practices for automation, configuration and release management.
Confidential, Boston, MA
Sr. Devops Engineer
- Worked on Downward API as a mechanism in this process easy to retrieve metadata by using pods, without any involvement of any Kubernetes API S in OpenShift.
- Worked with OpenShift version 3.7.1 on CentOs.
- Deeply involved in OpenShift CI/CD pipeline along with some components like Git, Jenkins for unit tests and static analysis.
- Involved in sonar and nexus to get analysis and artifacts, deployed images on Docker container with OpenShift, completed success tests with images and deployed within container STAGE project in OpenShift. Configured backend storage for OpenStack (swift and cinder) and added Multiple storage backend to Cinder.
- Collaborated in the automation of AWS infrastructure via Terraform, Ansible, and Jenkins - software and services configuration via chef cookbooks.
- Implementing new projects builds framework using Jenkins & maven as build framework tools.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Chef, and Maven & Nexus in Linux environment with CI/CD pipeline.
- Created featured, develop, release branches in Bitbucket (Git) for different application to support releases and CI builds.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Extensively used Docker for Ship, Run and Deploy the application securely to fasten Build/Release Engineering.
- Automation of OS builds and Application Installation through Chef developing scripts (recipes in chef) for automatic deployment of servers and managing configuration files through chef.
- Wrote Chef Cookbooks to automate system operations like Attribute values, File distributions, Templates.
- Created Chef Cookbooks manifests and modules to automate system operations for managing complex infrastructure in a transparent way.
- Integration of Maven, Jenkins, Urban Code Deploy with Patterns/Release, Git, Confluence, Jira and Cloud Foundry and Created cookbooks and recipes in Chef.
- Implemented AWS solutions managed and created monitors, alarms, and notifications for EC2 hosts using CloudWatch, created multi AZVPC instances, configured ElasticLoadBalancer with EC2Autoscaling groups.
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, ElasticLoadBalancer, Auto scaling groups, optimized volumes and EC2instances, configured S3versioning and lifecycle policies to and backup files and archive files in Glacier, used IAM and its features.
- Changing the AWS infrastructure Elastic Beanstalk to Docker with Kubernetes.
- Build and configure a virtual data center in the AWS cloud to support Enterprise Data Warehouse hosting including Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Public and Private Subnets, Security Groups, Route Tables, Elastic Load Balancer. Administering and deployment of Sun Solaris, Red Hat (Linux) &AIX servers via VMware.
- Used Ansible to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mountpoints and Packages. Developed Playbooks using Ansible to deploy consistent infrastructure code across multiple environments.
- Develop CI/CD Pipelines for automated prod deployments in AWS by integrating with other systems like Jenkins, Chef and HP Service Manager using REST APIs
- Wrote Cloud Formation Templates (CFT) in YAML and JSON format to build the AWS services with the paradigm of Infrastructure as a Code.
- Have experience in Microsoft Azure, Rackspace, OpenStack, designing /establishing Cloud Infrastructure (PaaS, IaaS), RDBMS database systems, IoT Platforms.
- Defining Release Process & Policy for projects early in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Extensive experience in LINUX/Unix System Administration, System Builds, Server Builds, Installations, Upgrades, Patches, Migration, Trouble shooting on RHEL 5.0, 6.0, 7.0.
Environment: Git, Chef, Ansible, Maven, WebSphere, Confluence, Java, J2ee, AWS EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Jenkins, Maven, Chef Automation, Kubernetes, Chef Cookbooks, Load Balancers, IAM, Cloud Watch, UNIX, and Linux.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
DevOps Engineer / Cloud DevOps Engineer
- Maintained the overall SVN architecture that includes setting up branching process, setting up user accounts, and maintaining the user access across the organization as an admin.
- Worked on Multi project jobs in Jenkins and used pipeline plugin to manage them.
- Configured the Backup Management in Jenkins for Config.xmls for all the jobs using plugin named periodic backup.
- Performed integration of Code Quality Analysis Techniques like Check styles, Find Bugs, and PMD with CI tools like Hudson/Jenkins.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin, Mavenization of Java projects and managing Maven repositories.
- Worked with development team to migrate Ant scripts to Maven.
- Involved in Setting up Continuous Integration Environment using Jenkins and responsible for design and maintenance of the GIT Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Worked on Maven to create artifacts from source code and deploy them in Nexus central repository for internal deployments.
- Setting up continuous integration and formal builds using Jenkins with Maven and Tomcat repository.
- Configured servers to provide networking services, including HTTP/HTTPS, File Transfer Protocol (FTP), network file system (NFS), and server message block (SMB), Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP), secure shell (SSH) and Network Time Protocol (NTP).
- Installed and configured DHCP, web (Apache, IIS), mail (SMTP, IMAP, POP3), and file servers on Linux and Windows servers.
- Worked on designing and deploying a multitude application utilizing almost all the main services of the AWS stack (like EC2, S3, RDS, VPC, IAM, ELB, Cloud watch, Route 53, Lambda and Cloud Formation) focused on high availability, fault tolerance environment.
- Created Cloud Formation Template for main services like EC2, VPC and S3 for reuse the current environment. Created network architecture on AWS VPC, subnets, Internet Gateway, Route Table and NAT Setup.
- Developed a Python Scripts to manage few services on AWS using SDK BOTO.
- Designed high availability environment for Application servers and database servers on EC2 by using ELB and Auto - scaling.
- Integrated Jenkins with GitHub private repositories build Automation tools (Maven and Ant), and Artifact repository for pushing successful build code.
- Configured NAGIOS monitoring tool to maintain the number of servers on different environments.
Environment: Jenkins, Maven, Hudson, Ant, puppet, Tomcat, HTTP, FTP, NFS, SMB, SMTP, SSH, NTP, DHCP, EC2, VPC, S3, IAM, ELB, Auto Scaling, Cloud Watch, JSON, Python script, Shell script, GIT, GitHub, Puppet, Nagios and Linux servers.