- Over 8+ Yearsstrong experience in Software Configuration Management, Linux Administration, DevOps, Build Engineering & Continuous Integrations and Deployment process at Various Enterprises.
- Converted existing Terraform modules that had version conflicts to utilize CloudFormation templates during deployments, worked with Terraform to create stacks in AWS, and updated the Terraform scripts based on the requirement on regular basis.
- Excellent Understanding of Software Development Life Cycles (SDLC) like Waterfall and Agile Scrum.
- Experience in creating DevOps strategy in a mix environment of Linux (RHEL, Ubuntu, CentOS, Windows) servers along with creating and implementing a cloud strategy based on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Strong experience in self - healing Server Infrastructure development on AWS cloud, extensive usage of AWS-EC2, VPC, S3, Route53, IAM, Cloud Formation, Cloud Watch, Cloud Front, SNS, SQS, WAF, API Gateway.
- Experienced in provisioning IaaS and PaaS and end to end automation of Web and Application.
- Experience in Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like Subversion (SVN), GIT (GitHub, GitLab).
- Expertise in using build tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts such as war & ear from source code.
- Hands on experience in installing and administrating CI tools like Jenkins, Subversion (SVN), Nexus, Artifactory.
- Experience in using configuration management tools like Chef and knowledge of Ansible.
- Ability in execution of XML, ANT scripts, Shell Scripts, Perl Scripts, Power Shell Scripts and JAVA Scripts.
- Experience in Scheduling automated night builds by using Jenkins.
- Managed and maintained Defects and Change requests by using JIRA and HP ALM.
- Experience in Deploying JBoss, Apache Tomcat web server, Oracle web logic and IBM Web sphere.Experience writing various custom Ansible Playbooks and modules for Deployment Orchestration.
- Good experience on Orchestration Tools like Docker Swarm and Kubernetes.
- Hands on experience on Azure Data Factory to orchestrate the ingestion of data from various sources like Azure tables, Azure SQL Database, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Azure Storage Blobs, and on-premises databases to Azure Data Lake Store.
- Creation of Docker containers and know how to write Docker file according to the requirements and images and running the Docker Container.
- Experience in working with Jenkins in a Docker container with EC2 slaves in Amazon AWS cloud environment and familiar with surrounding technologies such as Mesos (Mesosphere) and Kubernetes.
- Wrote PowerShell scripts to create the parameter files automatically for all the services in Azure Resource Manager
- Leaded Kubernetes charts using Helm . Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, Kubernetes manifest files and releases of Helm packages.
- Experienced in Using Jenkins pipelines to drive all Microservices builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, Created Pods and managed using Kubernetes .
- Efficient in working closely with Development, QA, Product and Business owner teams to ensure high quality and timely delivery of builds and releases across multiple platforms and environments.
- Experience in working with the release and deployment in JAVA, Android, IOS, C, C++, and ASP.netweb applications environment.
- Knowledge of databases like MySQL, MS-SQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, IBM DB2 and NoSQL databases like DynamoDB and MongoDB.
- Excellent knowledge of Application Lifecycle Management Change and Release Management and ITIL Process.
Linux Distributions: CENTOS 6.5,7, UBUNTU, RED HAT, SOLARIS.
Version control tools: SUBVERSION (SVN), TFS, GIT (GitHub, GitLab)
Configuration Management: CHEF, PUPPET, ANSIBLE.
Containers, VMs: DOCKER, PACKER, VAGRANT
Automation/Build tools: ANT, MAVEN, JENKINS.
Cloud Services: Amazon Web Services (AWS): Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Simple Storage Services (S3), Route 53, Cloud Front, Elastic Bean Stalk, Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), RDS, Cloud Watch, Elastic Load Balancer (ELB), Auto-Scaling, IAM Roles, Users, Profile, Elastic IP’s, Nagios, GIT, Security Policies, Cloud Formation, Dynamo DB, Red shift, Azure.
Monitoring tools: Nagios, Zabbix and ELK stack
Orchestration: Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Elastic Beanstalk.
Programming Languages: RUBY, PYTHON, BASH SHELL, POWERSHELL, JAVA SCRIPT.
Servers: APACHE TOMCAT, WEBLOGIC, WEBSPHERE, TFS, IIS, JBOSS’
Data base System: MySQL, SQL SERVER 2000/2005, MONGO DB.
Platforms: UNIX, Linux, HP-UX, Solaris, Ubuntu, Microsoft Windows.
Sr. AWS/Devops Engineer
- Experience in Software Integration, Configuration, building, automating, managing and releasing code from one environment to another environment and deploying to servers
- Involved in supporting cloud instances running Linux and Windows on AWS, experience with Elastic IP, Security Groups and Virtual Private Cloud in AWS.
- Extensive experience on configuring Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon Elastic Load Balancing IAM and Security Groups in Public and Private.
- Subnets in VPC and other services in the AWS.
- Managed network security using Load balancer, Auto-scaling, Security groups and NACL.
- Experience in Python programming for deployment of Java applications and implementation and automation of Shell scripts for release and build automation.
- Developed Terraform templates to create load balancers (ELB), EC2 instances with auto scaling, monitoring on the fly for different environments such as QA, SIT, stage which will run on different VPCs.
- Experience in migrating build.xml into pom.xml to build the applications using Apache MAVEN
- Extensively worked on Jenkins CI/CD pipeline jobs for end-to-end automation to build, test and deliver artifacts and troubleshoot the build issue during the Jenkins build process.
- Implemented Jenkins Code Deploy plugin to deploy to AWS and used to automate the build process and deploy the application to Tomcat server.
- Created Route tables to route the traffic to find whether it is public or private network.
- Used Bootstrap Script for launching large number of instances in AWS
- Utilized AWS CLI to automate backups of ephemeral data-stores to S3 buckets, EBS and create nightly AMIs for mission critical production servers as backups.
- Used Chef for configuration management of hosted Instances within AWS, Configuring and Networking of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC).
- Used Cloud Front to deliver content from AWS edge locations to users, allowing for further reduction of load on front- end servers.
- Responsible for build and deployment automation using AWS, Docker, Kubernetes containers and Chef
- Focused on containerization and immutable infrastructure. Docker has been core to this experience, along with Kubernetes. Experienced in using Docker Swarm and deployed spring boot applications.
- Developed container support for cloud environments and Docker. Deployed the applications in Docker containers and managed the containers in enterprise level.
- Created Docker images using a Docker file, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes
- Created and implemented chef cookbooks for deployment and used Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances
- Developed Chef Cookbooks to manage system configuration and for Tomcat, MySQL, Windows applications and versioned them on GIT repositories and Chef Server
- Installed RedHat Linux using kick start and applying security polices for hardening the server based on company's policies.
- Used Azure Terraform and Azure Ops Works to deploy the infrastructure necessary to create development, test, and production environments for a software development project.
- Created users, roles and groups using Identity Access Management (IAM) and attached the required policies.
- Scripting of administration tasks using CLI and Power Shell.
Environment : AWS Cloud, AWS Lambda, EC2, puppet, GitLab CI, GitHub, Solaris 8, 9,10, Fedora, RedHat Linux 5.x/6.x, Windows 2008/2012, SVN, GitHub/Bitbucket, MS Build, Maven, Ruby, Kabana, Shell scripts, Elasticsearch, Ant, Nagios, Sonar, Agile, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS,PowerShell, WebLogic, Apache Tomcat, Terraform, Azure, JBOSS, Chef Engine, Runbooks, Apache 1.3.x, 1.2, 2.x, Oracle 10g.
- Worked in highly collaborative operations team to streamline the process of implementing security at Azure cloud environment and introduced best practices for remediation
- Analyzing the landmark of 150 subscriptions for various business cases to apply organization specific security guidelines.
- Deployed and designed pipelines through Azure data factory and debugged the process for errors.
- Gathering the requirements from the clients about the existing applications to apply the security measures
- Understand the latest features like (Azure DevOps, OMS, NSG Rules, etc..,) introduced by Microsoft Azure and utilized it for existing business applications
- Built Terragrunt project to manage Terraform configuration file DRY while working with multiple terraforms modules and worked with Terraform Templates to automate the Azure IaaS virtual machines using terraform modules and deployed virtual machine scale sets in production environment.
- Creating, validating and reviewing solutions and effort estimate of converting existing workloads from classic to ARM based Azure Cloud Environment
- Developed automation system using PowerShell scripts and JSON templates to remediate the Azure services
- Worked on GIT to maintain source code in Git and GitHub repositories
- Created builds and release pipelines in VSTS and done deployments using SPN (secure endpoint connection) for implementing CI/CD.
- Implemented automation for deployments by using YAML scripts for massive builds and releases
- Created LTA (Logical Technical Architecture) diagrams using Microsoft Visio
- Used tools like Visual Studio Community Edition, Visual Studio Code, PowerShell ISE and SQL Server Management Studio
- Conducted Dry-Run Tests to ensure fool-proof execution of customized scripts before execution in production environments
- Configured Docker container for branching purposes and Implemented Docker automation solution for Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery model
- Worked on implementing backup methodologies by PowerShell Scripts for Azure Services like Azure SQL Database, Key Vault, Storage blobs, App Services etc.
- Created Azure services using ARM templates (JSON) and ensured no changes in the present infrastructure while doing incremental deployment.
- Majorly I’ve dealt with an Web-app, Key vault, SQL Server DB, Storage Account, Redis Cache, Automation Account, Scheduler and Notification Hub
- Tested the services in different aspects to achieve the best practices in different service integrations and locations according resource groups and subscription level
- Acted as build and release engineer, deployed the services by VSTS (Azure DevOps) pipeline. Created and Maintained pipelines to manage the IAC for all the applications
- Collaborated with cross functional teams (firewall team, data base team, application team) in execution of this project
- Used Service-Now tool for managing incidents and change request tickets
- Experience in troubleshooting the SQL Server connection issues on incremental deployments
- Provided status to Business Level management and Technical and conducting Proof of Concept for Latest Azure cloud-based service
Environment: .Net, Azure, PowerShell, Jenkins, Docker, Terraform Redis, Azure IaaS, VMware, Ansible, SVN, Puppet, Open Stack, Jira, Maven, VSTS, XL Release, XL Deploy, Kafka, GIT, Apache Tomcat Application Server, Salt stack
Devops/Build & Release Engineer
- Installation, administration and monitoring of WINDOWS and LINUX (Centos, Ubuntu and Red hat) servers.
- Creating the local users and managing their passwords using scripts.
- Preparing SOPs and managing central repository. Providing Application Support on Red hat Servers which included Apache configuration.
- Experience working with Storage Area Network (SAN), EMC Clarion, IBM XIV.
- Experience in Performance monitoring, usage and load of the system, changing kernel parameters for better performance.
- Used Subversion (SVN) as source code repositories and managed its repositories for branching, merging, and tagging.
- Responsible for designing and deploying best SCM processes and procedures.
- Maintained and coordinated environment configuration, controls, code integrity, and code conflict resolution.
- Used AGILE MAVEN method to develop a build and ANT as a build tool.
- Involved in writing parent pom.xml files to establish the code quality tools integration.Installing, configuring and administering Jenkins CI tool on Linux machines.
- Implemented the setup for Master slave architecture to improve the Performance of Jenkins.
- Used Jenkins, Build forge for Continuous Integration and deployment into WebLogic Application Server.
- Installed and Configured the Nexus repository manager for sharing the artifacts within the company.
- Creating and maintaining users, profiles, security, rights, disk space and process monitoring.
- User account management, worked with Perl, shell scripting (bash) to automate administration tasks.
- Experience in Networking, DNS, NFS and TCP/IP.
- Administration of client computer using SSH and FTP. Troubleshoot the network and firewall issues.
- Involved in the complete Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) using the agile development Methodology. Interacted with the end users and participated in the SCRUM meetings
Environment: UNIX, Linux, Windows, SVN, WebLogic, Jenkins, Build forge, Perl Scripting, Python Scripting, Shell, Nexus, ANT, Maven, DNS, NFS, TCP/IP, SSH, FTP.
Jr. Build & Release Engineer
- Responsible for versioning the source code, releasing binary files and tagging on source files and release files.
- Administered Jenkins continuous integration server installation and configuration for all SVN Repositories.
- Automated application packaging and deployments.
- Established coding standards and enforced them through automated tools.
- Educated team about continuous integration and automated testing practices and supported them throughout development.
- Integrated Testing Tools like Junit in JUnit which provide unit testing and code coverage with detailed graphical reports.
- Connected continuous integration system with GIT version control repository and continually build as the check-in's come from the developer.
- Created multiple ANT, MAVEN, Shell scripts for build automation and deployment.
- Defined branching and merging strategies.
- Documented the SCM process and policies of the company and recommended some process changes.
- Responsible for writing the Release Notes, documenting all the useful info about the release, Software versions, changes implemented in current release, Defects fixed, Labels applied.
- Deployed application packages on to Apache Tomcat Sever.
- Coordinated with software development teams and QA teams on issues and solved the problems.
Environment: SVN, Jenkins, ANT, MAVEN, Shell, Apache Tomcat Application Server, Java/J2EE, Linux.