- 7 years of professional experience in Linux/Unix Engineer.
- Experienced in Installation, Configuration, Upgradation, Support & Maintenance of Redhat Enterprise Linux, Oracle Enterprise Linux and Sun Solaris servers.
- Experienced in Kernel up gradation and degradation in all Linuxflavours.
- Worked on Configuring SFTP, Samba and NFS Server configurations.
- Experienced with Syslog Server for generating logs of all devices in the Network.
- Experienced in LDAP configuration in Linux and Active directory Domain in Unix Server.
- Worked on mounting and unmounting servers in Data centers during initial setups.
- Experienced in Firewall (Iptables) Configuration.
- Experience in configuring Open VPN Server to connect private network using secure connection through Public.
- Experienced in scripting Bash, Perl, KSH, Shell & Puppet.
- Experience with DHCP Server for Automatic IP assignment.
- Monitoring of network services (HTTP, SSH, FTP NNTP), host resources (processor load, disk useage, system logs), remotely run scripts through Nagios Remote Plugin Executor, remote monitoring support through SSH, SSL encrypted tunnels.
- Good experience in Linux Virtualization.
- Performed system back - ups and security updates on regular basis.
- Configuring, installing and managing Apache, range of virtual host setups, APT source, NTP, firewalls across physical, virtual and cloud environment using puppet.
- Knowledge on configuring Apache Server and Web-logic Server to host Webpages.
- Worked on Cronjob scheduling and bash scripting.
- Experience in Server infrastructure development on AWS cloud, Cloud Formation, Cloud Front, EC2, RDS, S3, Route 53, SNS, SQS and Cloud Trail.
- Skills on configuring SQUID proxy Server and PXE-boot along with Kickstart setup.
- Good knowledge on VNC Server and Open SSH server.
- Good knowledge on NTP Server and client configuration.
- Excellent knowledge on LVM configuration.
- Knowledge in Redhat, Ubuntu, CentOS and Suse server administrations.
- Good knowledge on Solaris and Aix Server.
- Good knowledge on SQL and PLSQL concepts.
- Experience providing 24x7 ONCALL support for mission-critical environments.
- Self-motivated, able to set effective priorities to achieve immediate and long-term goals and meet operational deadlines. Able to work independently and as team member.
Operating Systems: Linux (Red Hat & SUSE), HP-UX 11.0, 11.11, 11.23, 11.31, Confidential AIX (4.3/5.x/6.x/7), SLES 8,9,10 & 11, Sun OS 5.10, 5.11
Hardware: HP Proliant DL 380, 580, 480 G4, G5, G6 &G7 servers, HP Blade Enclosures C7000 & C6000, Confidential P550, 650, 660, Dell PowerEdge 2800,r310, r410, r710, Intel Servers, Extreme network and Cisco switches, Brocade Switches, A1000, A5200, 3510, 3511, D1000, Sun Store Edge T3, 9980
Networking: TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, DNS, DHCP, Cisco Routers/Switches, WAN, SMTP, LAN, FTP/TFTP.
WEB Technologies: Tomcat, APACHE 2.x, 3.x, Web Logic (8/9/10) & Web Sphere 4.0/5.0,IIS6.0/7.0, C, UNIX Shell Scripting, Perl Scripting, HTML, Perl, VB.
Programming Languages: C, UNIX Shell Scripting, Perl Scripting, HTML, Perl, VB
Backup Management: 4.x/5.x/6.x,Ufsdump, Ufsrestore, tar, cpio, dd, TivoliThird Party Software: VERITAS Volume Manager, EMC Storage, RAID Technologies, SSL,Double-Take, BMC Blade Logic.
Protocols: TCP/IP,UDP RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, IGRP, SNMP, SMTP, TELNET
Confidential, Columbia, MO
- Maintained Linux troubleshooting Hardware, Operating System Application & Network problems and performance issues in multi - site environment.
- Building new servers with Red HAT Linux 6,7 and configured.
- Supported servers for multi-site with I/O analysis on Linux operating system.
- Installed, Configured, Secured & maintained the operating environment for the engineering compute clusters and provided the support for network attached storage.
- Worked on VCS Failovers.
- Setup VCS cluster and managed CVM.
- Worked on the change control (Creating, Reviewing and Implementing)
- Trouble shooting file system issues on EMC SAN and co- ordinate with Storage teams.
- Maintained, deployed and managed databases and configured with necessary requirements.
- Created and managed and administered logical volumes.
- Built servers as per the Client s Build Documentation.
- Built all Physical and Virtual Servers for different clients as required by their requirements.
- Created NFS, UNIX admin mount point, and patch installation on all servers.
- Worked with NetApp NAS and EMC SAN for storage.
- Installation, configuration and upgrade of Redhat Linux 3/4/5/6, Cent OS 5.7 & operating systems.
- Involved in health check of servers after patching / rebooting and checked all the services.
- Involved in troubleshooting of Memory, CPU, Devices and Network using ps, iostat, netstat commands.
- Package management using RPM, YUM in Redhat Linux.
- Involved in developing custom scripts using Python, Perl & Shell (bash, ksh) to automate jobs.
- Worked on Logical Volume Manager.
- User, Group Administration and Advanced File Permissions.
- Resolving production issues/tickets by using ticketing tool.
Environment: Sun Solaris 10,11, Red hat Linux 6,7, AIX, Ubuntu, CentOS, AWS, VMware ESX, Intel, Veritas Volume Manager 4.1, Disaster recovery and backup, Veritas Net backup, SUDO, SSH, DNS, NIS, NFS, Apache, Tomcat.
Confidential, West Chester, PA
Red Hat System Administrator
- Worked as a member of the Linux/Winter team to design, implement, monitor and maintain highly available production Red Hat systems and infrastructure.
- Resolved high - level troubleshooting, issue resolution and provided root cause analysis.
- Managed monitoring of server architecture to ensure high availability.
- Followed change and incident management processes.
- Developed Linux standards and documentation for the products supported by the team.
- Performed frequent Linux server health checks and implemented patches to ensure current revision level.
- Supported infrastructure components, including capacity, availability and performance related processes and provided performance metrics.
- Researched new technologies to improve existing environments.
- Worked with Security teams to ensure security policies are met.
- Built new servers for Linux in Red Hat, Solaris and AIX servers
- Worked with Virtualized environments and laaS/PaaS.
- Worked intensively in Red Hat administration, configuration, installation and upgrades.
- Effective use of LVM disk Management tool to Create, extend Shrink the Logical volumes, File Systems on RHEL.
- Worked with migrating servers to ecomm& DMZ s.
- Worked extensively with Veritas cluster (VCS) and Red Hat cluster.
- Upgraded the Red Hat Network from 5.5 to 5.7, 5.7 to 5.9 & 5.9 to 6.1.
- Installing and configuring Red Hat Subscription manager as on-premises subscription management application to centrally manage the registration and asset allocation processes.
- Built and monitor new dashboards in VMTurbo.
- Worked closely with Puppet for Base profiles, Managing Jenkins.
- Worked extensively with VMware, VmwarevCAC, VmwarevCM, cisco UCS central, cicso UCS manager, Tomcat.
- Built, migrated and worked extensively on DMZ, disconnected network and PCI compliance.
- Installation architecture, channel management, certificate management, user and system group management and satellite architecture.
- Created / maintaining documented process.
- Installed, Applied and maintain operating system patches, third party packages using RPM / YUM & RHN.
- Performed day-to-day operational support of Linux system monitoring which includes reviewing system and application logs to troubleshoot and resolve software and hardware related problems.
- Installed, configured and managed Linux servers, especially Red Hat.
- Performed Linux/Solaris packaging (Created RPM & Solaris packages).
- Built servers in VMWare ESXi/VSphere 5.x
- Configured Active Directory, LDAP and Centrify application Suite.
- Configured and maintained LINUX Logical Volume Manager (LVM).
- Performed P2V migration, migrated RHEL Servers to PURE storage.
- Evaluated HA and non-HA workloads and applications to validate that HA is used and configured appropriately.
- Installed and configured blade servers to the chassis.
- Monitored servers in a day-to-day basis in Splunk / VMTurbo.
- Setup and configured Logrotate& Splunk indexes in Red Hat Linux servers.
- Decommissioned the hp blade servers and resource Groups In timely Manner.
- Maintained necessary back-up of the important files and documented Linux scripts for future reference.
- Adding New servers to Splunk and effective use of Splunk to monitor alerts related to Servers, hardware and application
- Creating the New SUDOER s Role and providing access to SUODERS for users as per the requirement.
Confidential, Rockville, MD
LINUX/AIX System Admin
- Configuring the ILO, DNS, IPaddr, Subnet, Netmask for Hp - dl Proliant Servers
- Adding New Users to ILO
- Installing RHEL 4.X, 5.X and 6.2 on Hp-DL Proliant Servers using Kick Start and ISO
- Built Non-replicated and replicated servers as per the HACMP requirement.
- Building the Linux VDI s for Devlopers,Admin and DBA
- Configuring the Newly Added Luns on both RHEL Linux and AIX.
- Effective use of LVM disk Management tool to Create, extend the Volume Groups on RHEL and AIX.
- Effective use of LVM disk Management tool to Create, extend Shrink the Logical volumes,File
- Systems on RHEL and AIX.
- Creating the new resource groups and adding them to HACMP clustering.
- Efffective Use of HACMP Utilties to Manage Resource Groups like Fail Over, Offline, Audit, Online and Resync process.
- Effective Use of RPM and YUM utility to install third party packages and patches from Patching
- Server and Red Hat Satellite Server.
- Adding New servers to nagios tool and effective use nagios to monitor alerts related to Servershardware and application
- Installed and configured Tivoli Work Load Scheduler 8.2.1 on Rhel 4.x, 5.X and 6.2 and AIX 5,6.
- Installing Tivoli Storage manager clients on RHEL an AIX servers.
- Installed Service Pack Service Pack 4 and Fix Pack 1 for SAP business Objects 3.1.
- Effective Use of BMC Blade Logic (8.0) to do silent installation on servers.
- Creating the New Raw devices, File Systems for Dba s on AIX And Linux.
- Installed db2 clients on AIX and RHEL Linux servers.
- Effective Usage of Change management to Upgrade Firmware & OS, Installing Packages, Patches.
- Hands On experience in On call Duties to Resolve the Hung Up Servers, resource groups, File System
- Issues, Third party Tools Errors.
- Installed Patches on AIX and Linux Platforms.
- Installed and configured Guardium Software on AIX Servers.
- Migrated Servers from SUSE 8.X to RHEL 5.x,6.x.
- Decommissioned the servers and resource Groups In timely Manner.
- Installed Confidential Domino Lotus Notes on RHEL 5.X and 6.X
- Installed Autosys Client On AIX and Linux Boxes
- Hands On experience in Creating GPFS File System and Trouble Shooting On GPFS File System
- Effective Use of ITIM to Perform the Provisioning Management.
- Hands On experience in Performing the Disk Migrations on RHEL 5.X and RHEL 6.X KVM Hypervisors
- Maintained necessary back-up of the important files and documented Linux scripts for future reference.
- Performed routine checks on the Linux servers of the firm.
Environment: Redhat Enterprise Linux 6, Oracle Enterprise Linux 6.0/6.1, Fedora 18, Ubuntu 13.04/13.10 , Solaris, Confidential AIX, Windows 2008/2012, VMware 5.0/5.1/5.5, Shell Scripting, puppet & chef.