- A Sr. Cloud & DevOps professional with 8 + years of IT Experience as Cloud/DevOps Engineer comprising of Linux, System Administration with most recent focus on Cloud, Containerization, CI/CD, Configuration Management, Build/release Management etc.
- Expertise in AWS Services like EC2, IAM, Subnets, VPC, Cloud Formation, Glacier, Block Storage, AMI, S3, SNS, SES, RedShift, CloudWatch, SQS, Route53, CloudTrail, Lambda, Kinesis, EMR, EKS, Sage maker, and RDS and obtaining High Availability and Fault Tolerance for AWS EC2 instances utilizing the services like Elastic IP, EBS and ELB.
- Expertise in Azure Development and worked on Azure web application, App services, Azure storage, Azure SQL Database, Azure Virtual Machines, Azure AD, Azure search, Azure DNS, Azure VPN Gateway, and Notification hub.
- Experience in Azure IaaS, PaaS, Provisioning VM's, Virtual Hard disks, Virtual Networks, Deploying Web Apps and creating Web - Jobs, Azure Cosmos DB, Active Directory, Azure Windows server, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Visual Studio, Windows PowerShell, Cloud infrastructure.
- Experience in Azure Platform Development, Deployment Concepts., hosted Cloud Services, platform service and close interface with Windows Azure Multi-factor Authentications Continuing architectural changes to move software system offerings to a distributed, service-based architecture; utilizing Docker/Kubernetes technologies.
- Well versed in scalable and highly available Domain Name System (DNS), to route traffic to AWS Cloud from users connected using AWS Direct Connect for larger deployments.
- Experience on Python Boto framework and CloudFormation to automate AWS environment creation along with the ability to deployment on AWS, using build scripts (AWS CLI) and automate solutions using Shell and Python.
- Knowledge on SaaS, PaaS and IaaS concepts of cloud computing architecture and Implementation using AWS, OpenStack, OpenShift, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) and Azure.
- Expertise in integrating Terraform with Ansible, Packer to create and Version the AWS Infrastructure, designing, automating, implementing and sustainment of Amazon machine images (AMI) across the AWS Cloud environment.
- Experienced in OpenShift platform in managing Docker Containers, Kubernetes Clusters, and Mesos and implemented a production ready, load balanced, highly available, fault tolerant Kubernetes infrastructure and created Jenkins jobs to deploy applications to Kubernetes Cluster.
- Experience with Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes architecture and design, troubleshooting issues with platform components (PCF), and developing global or multi-regional deployment models and patterns for large-scale developments and deployments on Cloud Foundry, OpenShift and Kubernetes.
- Expertise in integrating Docker container-based test infrastructure to Jenkins CI test flow and set up build environment integrating with Git and Jira to trigger builds using Web-Hooks and Slave Machines which involved in POC on Docker and used Docker registry, Docker-compose, Links, Docker bridge.
- Experience in setting up Kubernetes (k8s) Clusters for running microservices and Pushed microservices into production with Kubernetes backed Infrastructure. Development of automation of Kubernetes clusters via playbooks in Ansible.
- Hands-on experience in implementing Ansible and Ansible Tower as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploys critical applications, and proactively manage change by writing Python code by using Ansible Python API to automate Cloud Deployment Process.
- Experience in designing and implementing Chef, including the internal best practices, cookbooks, automated cookbook CI and CD system. Made use of Jenkins for Chef CI, and Rake for style.
- Strongly proficient in Build and release of Cloud based products containing Linux and Windows environments, using Power Shell, TFS and Python Scripting and in oriented application using Java and scripting languages like Shell Scripting (Ksh, Bash), Ruby, PHP PERL scripts to totally automate AWS services.
- Proficient in managing the source code control of multiple development efforts using, Subversion (SVN), GIT, Bit bucket and Knowledge on TFS (Team Foundation Server) and CVS.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml, build.xml files performing releases with the Maven, ANT release plugin, and managing artifacts in sona type NEXUS, jFrog Artifactory.
- Skilled in monitoring servers using Nagios, Splunk, Sumo Logic, ELK, AppDynamics, New Relic, CloudWatch and Zabbix for Resource Monitoring, Network Monitoring and Log Trace Monitoring.
- Experience Atlassian tools JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo for defect management, team collaboration, source code management and continuous integration and deployment practices.
- Experience in using web servers like Apache HTTP and Tomcat, Nginx, IIS and application servers like IBM WebSphere, Oracle WebLogic and JBOSS for deployment.
- Experience in Installation, configuration, and management of RDBMS MySQL, DB2 and NoSQL tools PostgreSQL, Cassandra, and MongoDB.
- Experience in configuring and maintaining virtual server environment using VMware ESX/ESXi, vCenter, vSphere, Vagrant.
Log Management Tools: Elastic Search, Kibana, Grafana, Logstash.
Operating systems: Linux (Red Hat 4/5/6/7, CENTOS & SUSE), Windows servers 2003, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012R2, Windows 2000, XP, Windows 7, Ubuntu 12/13/14.
Monitoring Tools: Splunk, Nagios, Cloud Watch, log Stash.
Scripting: Perl, Python, Ruby, Shell scripting, YAML, JSON
Data base technologies: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, NoSQL (DynamoDB, Couchbase), Amazon Aurora.
Infrastructure as service: AWS, EC2, LAMBDA, RDS, S3, IAM, OpenStack.
Cloud Platform: AWS (EC2, ELB, S3), OpenStack (Nova, Swift, Glance), Azure, Cloud Foundry, AWS Elastic Cache, AWS Redshift.
Application Servers: Web Logic Application Server 9.x, 10.x, Apache Tomcat 2.0.x, JBOSS 4.x/5.x, Red Hat, WebSphere 6.x/7.x/8.x
Version control Tool: Git, Git Hub, Git Lab, Bitbucket, CVS, SVN.
CI Tools: Jenkins, ANT, Maven, Bamboo.
Container Tools: Docker, Kubernetes, Amazon ECS, Helm, Mini cube.
Infrastructure as Code: Terraform, Terragrunt, CFT.
Configuration Management Tools: Chef, Puppet, Vagrant, Maven, Ansible
Virtualization: VMware Client, Windows Hyper-V, vSphere 5.x, Data center Virtualization, Virtual Box, Power VM.
Programming Languages: C, SQL, HTML, PHP, XML, Bash, Perl and Shell Programming, JSP, Python and Ruby.
Network Protocols/Services: LDAP, TCP/IP, UDP, FTP, SFTP, HTTP/HTTPS, SSL, DNS, and DHCP.
Sr. Devops & AWS Cloud Engineer
Confidential, Irving, TX
- Wrote AWS CloudFormation templates to create custom-sized VPC, subnets, EC2 instances, ELB, and security groups. Worked on tagging standard for proper identification and ownership of EC2 instances and other AWS Services like CloudFront, cloud Watch, RDS, S3, Route53, SNS, SQS, Cloud Trail.
- Configured and maintained the AWS Lambda function to trigger when there is a Jenkins build kicked off, which internally gets stored on AWS S3 bucket for everybody to access. Created Route53 to route traffic between different regions. Worked with Security groups & Network ACLs.
- Used security groups, network ACLs, Internet Gateways, NAT instances and Route tables to ensure a secure zone for organizations in AWS public cloud. Provided POC's to provision the AWS infrastructure using CloudFormation templates which includes checking the health status, monitoring & gathering facts about the EC2-instances, ELB, Auto Scaling groups & other resources.
- Creating NAT and Proxy instances in AWS and manage route tables, EIP's and NACLs. Configuring of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) with networking of subnets containing servers.
- Wrote Lambda functions in python for AWS Lambda and invoked python scripts for data transformations and analytics on large data sets in EMR clusters and AWS Kinesis data streams and configuration management tools such as Kafka.
- Migrated applications from a traditional data center to AWS cloud using AWS services like EC2, ELB, EBS, Chef, Sparkle Formation, GitHub.
- Configured and deployed several hypervisors and VMs running OpenStack for DevOps, testing and production environments.
- Troubleshooting any part of the lifecycle services within the OpenStack including log files, message queues, database, computer hardware, and network connectivity.
- Designed and implemented fully automated server build, management, monitoring and deployment solutions spanning multiple platforms, tools and technologies including Jenkins Slave Nodes/Agent, Puppet, Android, VMware.
- Worked on automating task-using Puppet. Application as wells as any upgrade to the nodes were push through Puppet and cloning it to Gitlab.
- Wrote Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize product configuration, converting production support scripts to Chef Recipes and AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes.
- Used Chef recipes to setup Continuous Delivery pipeline with Jenkins, Sonar Qube, Vagrant the infrastructure to run these packages and various supporting software components such as Maven.
- Performed development and version control of Chef Cookbooks, testing of Cookbooks using Test Kitchen and running recipes on nodes managed by on-premise Chef Server.
- Worked with CHEF plugin, chef handlers, push jobs and exposure to chef supermarket to leverage the existing cookbooks for quick automation of general deployment and Infrastructure tasks.
- Worked on Docker to containerize the Application and all its dependencies by writing Docker file, Docker-Compose files, Docker container snapshots, managing Docker volumes, and deployed Docker Swarm using Ansible.
- Created additional Docker Slave Nodes for Jenkins using custom Docker Images and pulled them to Cloud. Worked on all major components of Docker like Docker Daemon, Hub, Images, Registry, Swarm.
- Implemented and building tools such as Maven in order to automate and enhance the overall operational environment. Developed build and deployment scripts using Maven as build tool in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, perform releases with Maven release plugin, and manage Artifacts in NEXUS Repository.
- Responsible for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) process implementation-using Jenkins along with Python and Shell scripts to automate routine jobs.
- Responsible for installing Jenkins master and slave nodes and configure Jenkins builds for continuous integration and delivery. Set up and Configure the Jenkins for application deployment.
- Installed and configured GIT and GITHUB. Implemented and maintained the branching and build/release strategies utilizing GIT.
- Worked on integrating AWS DynamoDB using AWS Lambda to store the values the items and backup the DynamoDB streams.
- Automated build and deployment process using Bash, Python, and Shell scripts with focus on DevOps tools, CI/CD in Jenkins.
- Written shell scripts with Bash, Python to automate tasks like provisioning servers, installing, configuring packages and deploying applications on multiple servers in the Prod & Non-prod environments.
- Automated Datadog Dashboards and assisted internal users for Splunk in designing and maintaining production quality dashboards.
- Worked with Nagios for Windows Active Directory & LDAP and Data consolidation for LDAP users. Monitored system performance using Nagios, maintained Nagios servers and added new services & servers.
Environment: AWS, Ansible, Jenkins, Maven, JIRA, Linux, Dockers, Docker file, Kubernetes, New Relic, PowerShell, Bash, Python, Chef, Tomcat.
Sr. DevOps Engineer
Confidential, Fremont, CA
- Configured AWS stack to AMI management, Elastic Load Balancing, Auto Scaling, CloudWatch, EC2, EBS, IAM, Route53, S3, RDS, Cloud Formation.
- Attached ELK stack with EC2 and ELB to store logs and metrics by using AWS lambda function used AWS lambda as a serverless backend using python 3.6 boto3 libraries and Implemented lambda concurrency in my company to use DynamoDB streams to triggers multiple lambdas parallelly
- Provisioned EC2 instances, configured auto-scaling and cloud formation JSON templates using Ansible modules.
- Designed and worked on a CI/CD pipeline supporting workflows for application deployments using Jenkins, Artifactory, Chef, Terraform and AWS CloudFormation.
- Worked with Terraform key features such as Infrastructure as code, Execution plans, Resource Graphs, Change Automation and created Infrastructure in a Coded manner (Infrastructure as Code) using Terraform
- Wrote Terraform scripts to improve the infrastructure in AWS. Expertise in configuring Jenkins job to spin up infrastructure using Terraform scripts and modules.
- Hands-on experience in Azure Cloud Services (PaaS & IaaS), Storage, Web Apps, Active Directory, Application Insights, Logic Apps, Data Factory, Service Bus, Traffic Manager, Azure Monitoring, OMS, Key Vault, Visual Studio Online (VSO), Cognitive Services (LUIS) and SQL Azure.
- Experience in Designing AZURE Resource Manager (ARM) templates and extensive experience in designing custom build steps using PowerShell.
- Involved in various aspects and phases of architecting, designing, and implementing solutions in IT infrastructure with an emphasis on Azure cloud and hybrid solutions.
- Supported and configured TFS/VSTS, Build Servers and Release Management servers.
- Experiences working with Both A/B Deployment and Blue/Green Deployments
- Orchestrated multiple ETL jobs using AWS step functions and lambda, also used AWS Glue for loading and preparing data Analytics for customers.
- Orchestrated several CloudFormation templates using open stack Heat and got the block storage support from Cinder.
- Excellent understanding and hand-on-expertise with creating new custom resources in Kubernetes and upgrading Kube components without service outage.
- Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications and managed Kubernetes manifest files and managed releases of Helm packages.
- Involved in setting up Kubernetes (k8s) for clustering & orchestrating Docker containers for running microservices by creating Pods.
- Worked with Docker and Kubernetes on multiple cloud providers, from helping developers build and containerize their application (CI/CD) to deploying either on the public or private cloud.
- Building Docker images and checking in to AWS ECR for Kubernetes deployment.
- Experience in managing cluster of containers using Docker Swarm, and deployed spring boot applications.
- Worked on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, Compose and Docker Registry.
- Did an overall process improvement to the manual processes and managed servers on AWS cloud platform using Chef configuration management tools.
- Incorporated Amazon Ops works, which is a configuration management tool that uses Chef to automate the servers that are configured and deployed across Amazon EC2 instances.
- Configured the ELK stack for Jenkins logs, and syslog's and network packets using the beats plugins like File beat, Metric beat and Packet beat
- Configured Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana (ELK) for log analytics, full-text search, application monitoring in integration with AWS Lambda and CloudWatch.
- Experience in support/implementing the containerized Elasticsearch as an open source search engine with a REST API and used Fluent as data ingestion tool and log transfer solution with Elastic Search cluster.
- Worked on Ansible playbooks, roles, include statements, vars, modules, check mode (dry run) and to automate the installation of docker-engine, docker swarm cluster.
- Extracted code snippets from other commits by Git cherry picking and moved the pointer ahead by Git rebasing
- Configured Jenkins jobs to automate builds, create artifacts and execute unit tests as part of the build process.
- Integrated SonarQube with Jenkins for continuous inspection of code quality and analysis with SonarQube scanner for Maven.
- Involved in setting up JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plugins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker
- Extensively used JIRA as a ticketing tool for creating sprints, bug tracking, issue tracking, project management functions, and releases.
Environment: AWS, Solaris, Docker, Ansible, Cloud Watch, Oracle, MySQL, Jenkins, Ruby, PowerShell, Bash, ANT, Maven, Puppet, MS AZURE, JIRA, SVN, GITHUB, Nginx.
Confidential, Irving TX
- Leveraged Amazon Web Services like EC2, RDS, EBS, ELB, Auto Scaling, AMI, IAM through AWS console and API Integration.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby, and Docker on familiar servers such as Apache Tomcat, and IIS.
- Creating S3 buckets and managing policies for S3 buckets and utilized S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Worked on Securing the AWS Infrastructure using AWS services such as VPC's, NACL's, Security groups, IAM roles, policies and defining Inbound and outbound traffic rules and whole infrastructure is monitored using Cloud watch
- Deployed LAMP based applications in AWS environment, including provisioning MYSQL- RDS and establishes connectivity between EC2 instance and MySQL-RDS via security groups.
- Developed many Data warehouse solutions in AWS Redshift Involved in Redshift Database development by inserting Bulk Records, Copying Data from S3, Created and Managed Clusters, Tables and Perform Data Analysis Queries. Also performed Tuning and Query Optimization in AWS Redshift
- Deployed JSON template to create a stack in Cloud Formation which includes services like Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon RDS, Amazon Elastic Load Balancing, Amazon VPC, SQS and other services of the AWS infrastructure.
- Workstation setup for Knife plugin and establish connectivity between Chef server and workstation.
- Managed Nodes, Run-Lists, roles, environments, data Bags, cookbooks, recipes in Chef and Wrote Chef Cookbooks and Recipes for automating our build/deployment process.
- Worked on the creation of custom Docker container images, tagging and pushing the images.
- Extensively worked on creating Docker file, build the images, running Docker containers and manage Dockerized application by using Docker Cloud. Used Docker Swarm for clustering and scheduling Docker container.
- Created additional Docker Slave Nodes for Jenkins using custom Docker Images and pulled them to ECR.
- Deployed microservices into docker containers
- Developed CI/CD system with Jenkins on Kubernetes container environment, utilizing Kubernetes and Docker for the CI/CD system to build, test and deploy
- Implemented new project builds using Jenkins and maven as build framework tools, inspected builds in a staging environment before rolling out to a production environment
- Used Jenkins and pipelines to drive all microservices builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, Created Pods and managed using Kubernetes
- Worked on Installation and configuration of Jenkins for Automating Builds and Deployments through integration of GIT into Jenkins to automate the code check-out thus providing an automation solution.
- Involved in Designing and setup of CI tool Bamboo to integrate SCM tool Git and automated the build process.
- Worked on the creation of Jenkins Pipeline using Groovy scripts to automate ANT/MAVEN application build by pulling code from GIT and GitHub repositories.
- Created subversion/Git repositories, imported projects into newly created subversion repositories as per the standard directory layout.
- Experience in Creating Hooks, branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN) and TFS on Linux and Windows platforms
- Built scripts using ANT and MAVEN build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments. Configured GIT with Jenkins and schedule jobs using POLL SCM option.
- Troubleshooting Git issues using Git bisect to identify bad commits which introduces errors in the system.
- Monitoring system performances using Nagios and managing network issues.
- Ability in development and execution of CHEF, Shell, Perl and Python Scripts.
- Worked with Nagios for monitoring and Splunk for Log Management.
- Installed and configured Splunk to monitor applications deployed on the application server, by analyzing the application and server log files. Worked on the setup of various dashboards, reports, and alerts in Splunk.
- Proficient with Splunk architecture and various components (indexer, forwarder, search head, deployment server), Heavy and Universal forwarder, License model.
- Designed, implemented, maintained, and troubleshooting of High available critical applications running on Apache and MySQL/PostgreSQL database.
- Installed & Configured Selenium Web Driver, Test-NG, Maven tool and created Selenium automation scripts in java using Test-NG.
- Identified and reported software issues using Bugzilla as defect tracking system with detailed bug description, screenshots, videos and log files.
Environment: AWS, Git, Maven, Jenkins, Linux, Jira, chef, Ansible, Docker, Splunk, python, EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, ELB, Ops work, Nexus, Bash, Unix/Linux, Nagios, Datadog
Confidential, Dallas, Tx
- Administered and Maintained RHEL 4.x, 5.x,6.x and Solaris 8/9.
- Configured and managed Jump Start Servers on Solaris and Kick Start Server on RHEL.
- Upgraded from Solaris 8 to Solaris 9 and RHEL 5.x to 6.0.
- Administered Linux Servers for Several functions including Apache Tomcat Server, Mail server and MYSQL databases in both development and production.
- Installed and configured DNS, DHCP, WEB (Apache, IIS), Mail (SMTP, IMAP, POP3), and File servers on RHEL and Solaris.
- Implemented and configured network servers such as HTTP, DHCP and TFTP.
- Performed Volume Management using VERTIAS foundation Suite 5, SVM and LVM and the Creation of ZFS. VxFS, UFS and EXT3 file Systems.
- Used Monitoring tools like Nagios and BMC by providing 24/7 Support on call rotation basis.
- Configured and Supported VERITAS Cluster Server 5 for various agents including SAP, ORACLE, DNS.
- Modified LINUX Kernel (2.4) to Control the swap.
- Wrote Bash Shell Scripting to automate system administration jobs.
- Backup and restore of file system using VERITAS NetBackup 6.5.
- Installation of Firewall Checkpoint and configured IP Filter, to protect Linux System that was placed on the internet.
- Worked with QA team to in Load and Integration testing of J2EE applications in JBOSS application servers.
- Performance tuning and troubleshooting of the application arising out of ticketing system in remedy.
Environment: Linux (RHEL5.x/6.x), Solaris 8/9, Apache Tomcat, Web Server, WebSphere Application servers 6.x, Rack space, Volume Manager, VERITAS Volume Manager, VERITAS Cluster server 5, VMWARE ESX5.1, Oracle 11.
Jr. Linux Admin
Confidential, San Deigo, CA
- Installing software packages on RHEL 4.x/5.x and Solaris 8/9
- Build and Installed PXE boot server, DHCP server, Kickstart and XCAT server to automatically load OS on test machines in the LAB environment.
- Worked on User and Group management, Security and access control using LDAP.
- Used FTP, Samba Protocol to transfer data between servers for code drops.
- Installing and upgrading of packages and patches configuration management, version control, service pack and reviewing connectivity issue regarding security problem.
- Network traffic control, IPsec, Quos, VLAN, Proxy, Radius integration on Cisco Hardware via RHEL software.
- Package and Patch management on Sun Servers.
- Creating, Mounting and Troubleshooting Network File System (NFS) file systems on different OS platforms.
- Kernel tuning, writing Shell scripts for system maintenance and file management.
- Configuration and administration of DNS servers using BIND on Linux as the Operating system
- Installed and configured ClearCase 6.x for version control on RHEL. Helped with the creation of Versioned object base (vobs), branches and trained the users with usage of ClearCase.
- Configuring Peripherals -Remote/ Network printing, Modem configuration for remote access.
- Supporting Hardware Problems in the systems.
- Troubleshooting of day-to-day operational problems and Client side issues.
- Provide 24/7 on call-support and resolution of operator requests concerning system hardware, software, and network issues.
Environment: UNIX, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (4.x/5.x), Solaris 8, SUSE 10, Sun Ultra Enterprise 600/450, SUN Ultra 10/5/2/1, Samba, VMware, Bash.