- Over 7+ years’ IT experience with specialization as Linux/DevOps Engineer working on Server based OS, Cloud IaaS with AWS and DevOps Culture through Continuous Integration (CI) & Continuous Deployment /Delivery (CD) and Automation of Infrastructure as Code and skilled on Windows Server 2008 - R2/2012- R2/2016 on various hardware platforms and AWS/Azure cloud.
- Managing Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure with automation and configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, or custom-built. Designing cloud-hosted solutions, specific AWS product suite experience.
- Broad experience in creating the company's DevOps strategy in a mix environment of Linux (RHEL, Ubuntu, CentOS) servers and windows along with creating and implementing a cloud strategy based on Amazon Web Services.
- Knowledge on Docker components like Docker Engine, Docker-Hub, Docker-Compose, Docker Registry and Docker Swarm. Used Docker for local Application Deployment and test. Enhance SDLC cycle by using Docker containers delivered with Kubernetes for web application deployment.
- Designing and implementing for fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment By Using DevOps Technologies like Chef, Puppet.
- Worked with Chef Enterprise Hosted as well as On-Premise, Managed On-site OS/Applications/Services/Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2/S3/Route53 & ELB with Chef Cookbooks, Installing Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Written Recipes and Cookbooks and uploading them to Chef-Server.
- Experience writing Chef Cookbooks and Recipes to automate the deployment process and integrating Chef Cookbooks into Jenkins jobs for a continuous delivery framework.
- Experience on all areas of Jenkins like Plugin Management, Securing Jenkins, Performance issues, Analytics, Scaling Jenkins, integrating Code Analysis and Test Phases to complete the CD pipelines within Jenkins.
- Evaluate and recommend public, private and hybrid Cloud solutions, including Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS).
- Worked on JIRA, Agile/Scrum, Rally with short sprint cycle to release product, Participated in Agile/Scrum Community of Practice across the organization. Delivering monthly training sessions and facilitating discussions on team performance improvements.
- Used the continuous integration tool Anthill Pro to automate the daily processes. Designing a process for the AnthillPro automation implementation in all the application.
- Configuring and Administering NFS, DNS, NIS, DHCP, NIS+ and LDAP on Sun Solaris and on Linux server environment. Also, Expert in automation (writing Shell, Perl & Python scripts) to monitor UNIX production applications.
- Installed, upgraded and configured RedHat Linux 5.x and 6.x using kickstart installation and SUSE Linux Servers manually.
- Expertise in deployment of Java applications on bare servers or Middleware tools by writing Python programming and able to write Bash Scripts, Pearl Scripts (hash and arrays).
- Day to day job included but not limited to handling Tickets, Monitoring, Troubleshooting and maintenance. And architected and designed Rapid deployment method using Ansible to auto deploy servers as needed.
Cloud: AWS, Azure
Virtualization: VMware vSphere, VMware ESX, ESXi and VCenter
OS: RedHat, CentOS, Ubuntu, Windows (NT)
Version Control: Git, SVN, GitHub, GitLab, Bitbucket
Atlassian Bamboo, Jenkins, GitLab: CI/CD, Artifactory, Nexus, ECR
Containerization: Docker, Kubernetes
Configuration Management/Scripting: Chef, Ansible, Shell, bash, Python
Monitoring: Nagios, Splunk
Databases: MySQL, Aurora, MongoDB, SQL Server
Confidential, Johnston, RI
Senior Cloud Engineer
- Design, Install, configure and maintain heterogeneous environment on on-prem and cloud based infrastructure to support cross domain services/applications and develop Terraform Templates to provision AWS infrastructure and AWS native PAAS offerings.
- Delivered Solutions to improve Cloud architecture, deployment for AWS, managed multiple AWS accounts with multiple VPC's for both prod and non-prod for automation, build out, integration.
- Infrastructure Development and Operations, involved in designing and deploying utilizing AWS stack like EC2, S3, VPC, RDS, SES, ELB, SQS, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, Cloud Formation, Elastic Cache, Cloud Watch, SNS and Route 53.
- Writing Templates for AWS infrastructure as a code using Terraform to build staging and production environments. Integrated Amazon Cloud Watch with Amazon EC2 instances for monitoring the log files, store them and track metrics.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers, storage using AWS Cloud Watch.
- Designed and implemented production ready container orchestration platform which is highly available, load balanced and fault tolerant - Kubernetes.
- Deploying and maintaining production environment using AWS EC2 instances and ECS with Docker. Container management using Docker by writing Docker files and set up the automated build on Docker HUB and installed and configured Kubernetes.
- Managing Kubernetes and other infrastructure components using Ansible playbooks, designing Ansible playbooks for automation and integration of infrastructure.
- Wrote Ansible playbooks and created Roles for Scalability and Reusability in Ansible, playbooks for provisioning, orchestration, packages, services, configuration and deployment using Ansible.
- Developing helm charts and deploying into Kubernetes platform, managing build and deployment pipelines for Java and Node.js microservices.
- Responsible for setting up logging using Splunk and integrating with microservices pipeline along with dashboards and log metrics for the microservices.
- Automated AMI build using packer and worked in a dynamic routing/load balancing capability enabling large application scaling using Nginx.
- Designed roles and groups using AWS Identity Access Management (IAM), RDS, Redis, Aurora, Dynamo DB, SQS, SNS.
- Configured and Implemented various AWS services such as EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups, optimized volumes and instances, configured different storage range of S3 classes adding versioning and lifecycle policies and backup files and archive files in Glacier, used IAM and its features
- Developed Terraforms plugins using Golang to set up and manage the AWS infrastructures such as launching the EC2 instances, S3 buckets objects, VPC, Subnets, security groups, NACL and IAM access.
- Worked on Orchestrating the continuous integration and delivery pipeline using Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes model and integrated applications to store artifacts into Nexus.
- Integrated SCM polling in Jenkins, used Git workflow, GIT webhooks and Bitbucket for creating pipelines and deploying container based applications.
- Implementing monitoring solutions for Kubernetes and AWS PAAS - Datadog, CloudWatch in a hybrid public/private cloud environment.
- Created datadog dashboards for various applications and infrastructure to increase observability and monitoring real-time.
Confidential, Orlando, FL
Systems Engineer/ AWS Cloud Engineer
- Support heterogeneous environment for maximum uptime and troubleshoot the environment related fixes to make the applications up and running.
- Delivered Solutions to improve Cloud architecture, deployment for AWS Private and Public Cloud. Managed multiple AWS accounts with multiple VPC's for both prod and non-prod for automation, build out, integration and cost control.
- Created Terraform templates to write Cloud Formation scripts automate the provisioning of AWS resources like IAM, EC2, S3, Route 53, SNS, RDS, ELB and Auto Scaling and make calls to Puppet scripts to provision and configure servers on the instances.
- Install, test and validate the new emerging software’s/tools to check the compatibility on existing and new infrastructure provisioning/ Deploying the software’s.
- Developing Chef Recipes to automate build/deployment process and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes. Writing Unit test cases for chef recipe testing using Test kitchen, food critic .
- Perform tasks like bootstrapping nodes to executing run lists to mirror the new servers to application servers and to run deployments against newly added servers to the clusters.
- Created Cloud Formation scripts to automate the provisioning of AWS resources like IAM, EC2, S3, Route 53, SNS, RDS, ELB and Auto Scaling and make calls to provision and configure servers on the instances.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources like VPC, EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling and RDS in Cloud Formation using Python Boto3 framework and JSON templates.
- Responsible for hosting the application on their best suitable application servers making sure that it has ZERO DOWNTIME DEPLOYMENT when it is live in production environment. Large extent we host on Tomcat, IIS, WebSphere, Jboss and Tcservers.
- Configuring of Load balancers and F5's, taking servers in / out of rotation and sharing the load in between the servers for uninterrupted service.
- Working on newer F5 products and modules for user authentication, remote access, and security enforcement (app firewall, data center firewall, network firewall the F5 way) and their integration with LTM/GTM. Supporting multiple F5 LTM and GTM platforms. This includes installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting issues on these platforms.
- Responsible for configuring and maintaining Prod/QA environments consisting of complex middleware environments with several variations of Tomcat installations consisting of multiple instances in each installation.
- Creating Application Security Certificates using AWS SSL Certificate Manager and AWS Route 53 Modules for Domain Name Server (DNS) Hosting.
- Creation Terraform Scripts for Provisioning / Creation of EC2 and Deploying Load Balancers and configuring Health Check End Points for AWS applications.
- Update recipes to implement Zero Downtime Deployment, to make sure application is running during deployment and for Jenkins Push Button Deploy.
- Responsible for generating the TMSH script and executed on the LTM in order to create a VIP for application. Adding pool-members, data bags and HTTP profiles along with I-rules. Configuring TLSv1.2 upgrade on the Load balancer for security protocol. Troubleshooting the VIP if any incident occurs from application team. Sometimes getting downtime for all VIP for F5 LTM upgrade.
- Provisioned infrastructure in AWS cloud using terraform and Atlantis an open-source advanced version terraform tool which is integrated with GitHub.
- Worked with many application teams of Disney globally for building and Dockerizing their application source code using docker and Jenkins. Integrated Jenkins with repositories like GitHub to build Automation tool (Maven) and artifact repository for pushing successful build code. Managed Continuous Delivery and Integration Pipelines using Jenkins as CI and Run-deck as CD.
- Installed, configured and maintained the Docker environments in Linux & Unix systems to house all microservices and created several scripts in python to monitor and admin all docker containers.
- Created private cloud using Kubernetes and managed Kubernetes charts using Helm. Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest files and managed releases of Helm packages.
- Writing inventory files, Ansible configuration files and Creating playbooks in Ansible for configuration and Deployment activities, configuring packages, services using Ansible modules like yum, service, templates, handlers etc.
- Used Service now for incident management and also Splunk and AppDynamics for monitoring to detect potential outages and reacted quickly to mitigate downtimes.
- Used RabbitMQ message broker and created queue definitions and it deployments for applications.
- Configured CDN in Akamai and AWS CloudFront to improve the efficiency of Disney web applications.
- Maintenance of various applications infrastructure Deployment and Load Balancing involving 24/7 on-call rotations for uninterrupted service of the applications.
Confidential, Danbury, CT
DevOps Engineer/ AWS Cloud Engineer
- Implemented AWS high-availability using AWS Elastic Load Balancing (ELB), which performed balance across instances in multiple availability zones. Architect Development, Test, Integration, and Production AWS environments.
- Performed AWS CLI Auto Scaling and Cloud Watch Monitoring creation and Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create customized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Worked at optimizing volumes and EC2 instances and created multiple VPC instances and experience in configuring and networking of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and worked AWS EC2, EBS, Trusted Advisor, S3, Cloud Watch, Cloud Front, IAM, Security Groups, Auto-Scaling.
- Experience in installation and management of network related services like TCP/IP, FTP, SSH, DNS, TELENT, HTTP, HTTPS, LOAD BALANCING, VPN, FIREWALL, SUBNETS, SMTP, CDN.
- Broad experience in creating the company's DevOps strategy in a mix environment of Linux (RHEL, Ubuntu, CentOS) servers and windows along with creating and implementing a cloud strategy based on Amazon Web Services.
- Good Knowledge on Docker components like Docker Engine, Docker-Hub, Docker-Compose, Docker Registry and Docker Swarm. Used Docker for local Application Deployments and testing.
- Extensive experience in working with Docker container snapshots, attaching to a running container, removing images, managing directories structures and managing containers.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure resources - VPC, EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON/YAML templates. Provided DevOps teams with clear direction - including appropriate governance and decision making.
- Configured AWS IAM and Security Group in Public and Private Subnets in VPC. Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups, AWS CLI, Cloud Formation, Cloud Front.
- Working on AWS Services like IAM, Security groups, AWS Snapshots and creating volume from the snapshots, DNS configuration in Route 53(DNS load balancer), Cloud Watch Monitoring.
- Application Monitoring Tools, Dynatrace, Splunk, AppDynamics. Used Application Monitoring Tool AppDynamics troubleshooting AppD configuration issues, metric data, backend issues etc.
- Providing Configuration support in Production, QA and DEV environment. Creating Cloud Watch alerts for instances and using them in Auto scaling launch configurations.
- Develop custom app configurations (deployment-apps) within Splunk to parse, index multiple types of log format across all application environments. Supporting and monitoring Splunk cluster infra structure in AWS cloud environment.
- Maintain AppDynamics for application performance-related monitoring. Work with employees to discuss application diagnosis and remedy using the tool. Integrate AppDynamics alerts into Splunk.
- Wrote shell scripts for automated deployments especially in handling all the tasks before kicking off WSADMIN scripts or admin console deployments.
- Designed, configured and deployed Microsoft Azure for a multitude of application s utilizing the Azure stack includes Compute, Web & Mobile, Blobs, ADF, Resource Groups, Azure SQL DW, Cloud Services, and ARM, focusing on high-availability, Disaster Recovery, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling.
- Administered and engineered Jenkins for managing weekly build, test, and deploy chain using SVN/GIT for source code with Test and Prod Branching Model for weekly releases.
- Installed, configured, and administered IBM HTTP Web Server, WebSphere Application Server, and Apache Tomcat on Red Hat Linux & AIX platforms for the on-going application deployments.
- Managed Jboss Application server on DEV, QA, and PROD systems and configured Apache for Jboss domains with virtual servers.
- Installed and configured monitoring tools such as Nagios, Zabbix, and Splunk for resource monitoring/network monitoring/log monitoring.
Confidential, Omaha, NE
DevOps Engineer/Cloud Engineer
- Installed chef server and Workstation bootstrapped Nodes. Wrote Cookbook recipes and uploaded them on to the Chef-server, Managed On-site Applications/ OS/ Packages/ Services using Chef as well as AWS for EC2/S3&ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Develop continuous delivery product release pipelines, using tools such as Rundeck, Jenkins , and enable release and operations automation using Chef .
- Supported and implemented recipes for Chef Environment with over 100 servers and Implemented automated deployment configuration using Chef Cookbooks and recipes. Created alarms and trigger points in CloudWatch based on thresholds and monitored logs via metric filters.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins , Chef, Maven, ANT, Ansible, TFS, and Rundeck & Nexus .
- Integrated Jenkins with repositories like GitHub to build Automation tools (Maven and Ant), and Artifact repository for pushing successful build code.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, Application Server setup, Stack Monitoring using Ansible playbooks and has integrated Ansible with Rundeck and Jenkins.
- Extensively worked on Maven in setting up SCM polling with Maven Repositories and Professional experience in installing Jenkins/Plugins for GIT Repository.
- Executed the Maven builds locally to troubleshoot Java code issue and merging related issues and Created and maintained Jenkins jobs that execute Shell scripts for automation.
- Worked on the configuring the Jenkins to use MetaCase Software to build Java code and also to do the whole CI process on the java code generated by MetaCase.
- Integrated GIT into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process and responsible for design and maintenance of the GIT Repositories, views, and the access control strategies and performed all necessary day-to-day GIT support for different projects.
- Configuring Splunk enterprise instances so that each instance performs a specialized task over large scale distributed Splunk environment.
- Experience working on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, Compose and Docker Registry.
- Experience working on Docker hub, creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Developed an opensource project with Kubernetes to manage a cluster of Linux containers, running Docker containers across multiple hosts.
- Experience in troubleshooting, performance tuning, storage & security management and user administration in LINUX servers.
Confidential, San Diego, CA
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS) & configuration management using puppet and Rapid-provisioning and configuration management for CentOS using Kickstart and Puppet.
- Assigned AWS Elastic IP Addresses used to work around host or availability zone failures by quickly remapping the address to another running instance or a replacement instance that was just started.
- Worked on modules from Puppet Forge and redesigned those based on client's requirements. Used Puppet configuration management tool to automating infrastructure as well to maintain the state of environments.
- Deployed spring boot applications using Dockers and Experience in using Dockers Swarm and spring boot.
- Developed Puppet modules to automate application installation and configuration management and Redesigned and redeployed the Nagios implementation. Nodes automatically added/removed themselves via Puppet.
- Configured and integrated the servers for different environments to automatically provision and configuration management of Linux instances using CM/ Provisioning tool Puppet.
- Setup Continuous Delivery pipeline which primarily was a Jenkins and Sonar server, the infrastructure to run these packages and various supporting software components such as Maven, etc.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, Application Server setup, Stack Monitoring, and Jenkins jobs. Converted and automated builds using Ant and Maven . Scheduled automated nightly builds using Jenkins and maintained Continuous integration effort with Jenkins along with scheduled builds.
- Installing RedHat Linux using kickstart and applying security polices for hardening the server based on the company policies and writing shell scripting for system/application in automating server task, installing and monitoring applications and data.
Linux/VMware System Admin
- Installation of ESX 4 Nodes, vCenter 4, Update manager, and Administering VM's across 4 Datacenters Running 2000 VM's.
- Installed SQL Server 2012 with latest Service pack and established connectivity with the database created, configured and maintained database maintenance plans.
- As a member of a group of Linux/Unix administrators , responsible for providing for 24x7 support for production and responding to user’s tickets created from Peregrine Ticketing Tool. Involved in Deploying the Redhat Linux enterprise server 5.x, 6.x versions.
- Setup Kickstart server for quicker installation and ease of adding additional servers. Installed Linux (RHEL 5.5) on HP Blade and VMware ESX servers using RedHat tool Cobbler.
- For monitoring the network bandwidth and the hard drives status, Installed and configured monitoring tool Nagios.
- Created Microsoft Windows Installer packages using Wise Package Studio and Admin Studio. Advertised and managed packages and collections in SCCM environment.
- Installed, integrated and tuned LDAP, Apache Tomcat, JBOSS, WebSphere and Web logic application server.
- Performed user account administration, created groups and add users to the appropriate group.