- Around 6 years of experience in the areas of VMWare, Linux/RHEL and Windows administration,
- Experienced in Installation, Configuration, and Troubleshooting VMware ESX & ESXi, 6.5, 6.0, .5.5, 5.1, 5.0, 4.1, 4.0, 3.5, vSphere 5.5, 5.1, 5.0, 4.1, 4.0, vMotion and Virtual Center 5.1, 5.0, 4.1, 4.0, Hypervisor.
- Profound knowledge in installing, Patching, upgrading and configuring Redhat, Linux 4.x, 5.x, 6.x and 7.x using Redhat Satellite Servers.
- Practical work experience in Installing, Maintaining, Monitoring, Troubleshooting and Managing Blade Center server, Configuring and Zoning Storage Area Networks and SAN Switches and VMware ESX Server Administration.
- Experience in building datacenters including DEV, TEST, Production and DR facilities on multiple locations with VMware, SRM, Redhat Cluster Suites.
- Worked on Hardware IBM x - Series Servers for Linux, HP Blade centers and HP DL hardware iLO devices, Intel Family, IBM Bladecentes, IBM Console, HP Open View, Dell servers, Confidential UCS Blades & VMWare virtualization.
- Installation/Configuration/upgrade of Hardware, Operating Systems, Software and Security related patches.
- Capacity planning of disk space and hardware resources required for production and development servers.
- Experienced in installation, configuration, administration, troubleshooting, tuning, security, backup/ recovery and upgrading Linux (Red Hat & SuSE) in large environments.
- Responsible for OS maintenance activities like upgrading the OS, updating the services and third party software.
- Administering storage backup and monitoring the services with TSM
- Performed all the LVM tasks like creating Physical volumes, Volume groups, Logical Volumes, and file system.
- Configuring and maintaining virtual server environment using VMWARE ESXi, VSphere, VCenter
- Clustering solutions for High Availability using tools such as, Redhat HA (RHCS), and MC Service Guard, Microsoft Cluster Services, Sun Cluster
- Administering the DevOps environment for tools development and transforming the work into Linux platform.
- Deployment of VMware PowerCLI tool for automation of vSphere and vCenter administration.
- Good scripting skills with strong knowledge of VMware PowerCLI.
- Automate disaster recovery by automatically failing over a customer in VMWare ESX using 3PAR RM & vSphere Recovery Manager with the help of PowerCLI Scripts.
- Performed installation and configuration of LDAP. Implemented Single Sign On using Open LDAP in enterprise environment.
- Deployment & system configuration Automation by Puppet and Cheff automation tools
- Performed patching of Linux servers on regular schedule.
- Setup, Implementation, Configuration of Backup/Restore solutions for Disaster/Business Recovery of clients using Data Protector on UNIX, LINUX & Windows platforms
- Performance tuning of Linux machines in the environment by kernel parameter tuning, identifying process that hog the system resources and containing them.
- Experience working in customizing the Kickstart and Jumpstart scripts to automate the installation of various servers used for various internal projects.
- Performed testing in Linux Environments in the Dev/Test/Prod Stages to help create a better standardized environment and resolutions of any issues if any occurred.
- Experience in Active Directory, GPOs, DNS, DHCP, File & Print Server, IIS (Web Server), FTP, Terminal Server, Microsoft Clustering and Exchange Mail Server in Windows based server environment.
- Experience on RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6,RAID 10
- Installing KVM Kernel, VirtualMachine, configuring KVM VirtualNetwork, creating KVM Networked Bridge Interface, creating KVM Virtual Machines.
- Performed automation on vSphere and vCloud environment using VMware PowerCLI
- Experienced in creating VM for Linux, Windows and Solaris. LVM, ZFS and zone management
- Experience in deploying several sets of Linux guest builds from VMware Templates
- Migrated Physical Servers to Virtual Server and Virtual to virtual - using VMware Converter
- Experienced in different tools for monitoring the health checkups for machines like CMC and Nagios version 2.10. Experienced in DMAN.
- Strong knowledge in DNS, DHCP and IP addressing
- Experienced in maintaining user accounts, profiles, security, rights, disk space and process monitoring
- Excellent understanding on ESX Architecture, guest OS installation, setting up of VM priorities, Cloning and Snapshots, Virtual Network, ESX Server, ESXi Server & Virtual Machines, Templates from VMs and deploying VMs from Templates
- Managing Data center environment
- Expertise in Thin provisioning, VMFS expansion, RAID technologies
- Hands on experience with the HP blade c7000 enclosures and the ML, DL, BL series servers
- Experience in Windows clustering Administration, troubleshooting and Microsoft failover clustering manager
VMware Tools: ESX/ESXi Server, VSphere 4.1, VMware converter 4/3 and VMware VMotion.
Virtualization: View 4.5, 5.1 /ESXi4.1,5.0,5.1,5.5,6.0,6.5/VMWare vSphere 4/5/6, Site Recovery Management (SRM), VMware infrastructure 3.0/3.5, ESX 3/3.5, vCloud Suite 5.1, Storage VMotion, HADRS, SRM 4.0, Host Profiles, VApp, VMware Consolidated Backup, VMware Management Assistant, VMware VSphere Client, VMware View 4, VMware ThinApp
Networking Protocols: TCP/IP, HTTP, DHCP, DNS, SMTP, POP3, Ethernet, Token Ring.
Hardware: HP Proliant DL360, DL380, DL580 Servers, BL465c Blade Servers and Dell Power Edge Servers.
Office Tools: MS office, MS Visio, MS Project, RV tools.
Operating System: Windows 2003, 2008, 2008 R2, 2010, 2012, 2012R2, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 4.x/5.x/6x/7.x, SLES OEL 6/7, Solaris 9/10/11 CentOS/Ubuntu, MS-DOS
VMware /Windows Administrator
- Testing third party applications like Palo Alto, Netapp, Elastifile, etc., and integrate with GCP Platform.
- Check the functionality of the components that are deployed in the test environment.
- Update the components in lab with latest code.
- Deploying instances on Confidential Platform for regression testing.
- Conducting test trials of software systems and software applications to identify errors and engaging in troubleshooting to ensure that the desired results are produced.
- Writing, analyzing, reviewing, and rewriting software programs. This includes performing revisions, repairs, or expansions of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or to adapt to new requirements.
- Validate data as produced by new programs
- Test end-to-end functionality of the code before sending into production
- Setup the lab environment for Dev and QE teams to test their code.
- Execute test cases for bugfixes
- Designing, integrating, and implementing differentiated cloud services for enterprise-class organizations. This includes deployment and configuration of networking and security products for virtualized IT infrastructure.
- Design and implement tools and framework for software updates and upgrades and develop automation tools for testing
- Coordinate testing, upgrade and configuration of system files and services. Ensure changes are in accordance with appropriate company operating procedures
- Maintain documents for all changes done as part of the projects.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills - desire to solve complex problems at scale
- Implementing Change requests for different configuration changes within the virtual infrastructure.
- Recorded Best practices and Run Book Documentation for Cloud partner team.
- Understanding of Information classification and an ability to facilitate that discussion with clients
Environment: VMware ESXi 4.0, 4.1, 5.1 and 5.5, vSphere 5.5/5.1/5.0, vCenter 5.5/5.1/5.0, MS Windows Server 2012 R2/2008 R2/2003, Aruba Clusters, SAN, NIC, EMC, Virtual Switches, Windows 7, 10, Windows Server 2003, 2007, 2008/R2 and 2012, SQL 2008/2012, DNS, Active Directory, ADSelfService Plus, AirWatch, Aruba Controller for Access Points, Barracuda Load Balancer ADC, Barracuda Spam & Virus Firewall V300, Bit9 Agent Install Packages Download, Bit9 Dashboard, Exchange Admin Center, Server Room Environmental Monitor, ILO, Lansweeper, Microsoft Lync Monitoring Dashboard, Microsoft Lync Server 2013 Control Panel, Microsoft Outlook Web App, Nimble Storage, Palo Alto 200, SharePoint 2013, Trend Micro Deep Security, VICON (Security Cameras), VMware Horizon View Administrator, VMware Horizon Workspace, VMware Horizon Workspace Configurator, VMware Mirage File Portal, VMware vRealize Operations Manager, VMware vRealize Operations Manager Administration, VMware vSphere Web Client. .
Confidential, Milpitas, CA
- Hands-on experience in Deployment, requirement gathering, Installation, administration.
- Successfully configured ESX servers for HA and DRS capabilities.
- Configured and deployed Confidential computing clusters with VMware ESXi 5.5 and vCenter 5.5.
- Experienced in applying monthly updates to windows servers 2003/2008R2/2012 versions.
- Involved in SAN migrations from EMC DMX to VMAX and Clariions to VNX using zfs and Linux LVM on Redhat Linux.
- Good Knowledge on VMware products such as vRealize storage and networking.
- Maintained and Troubleshooted windows servers’ windows 2003, 2008R2 and 2012 versions Creating disk spaces for windows servers.
- Install, configure and optimize reference implementations of partner solutions on NSX.
- Performing physical to virtual servers (P2V) migration without downtime.
- Involved in performing VMotion and Vstorage administration for successful data migration.
- Maintaining Backups of the VM's, taking snapshots.
- Managing VM's by vSphere Client and Web Client.
- Upgraded 100+ ESX hosts from ESX 5.0 to ESX 5.5 using VMware Update Manager tool.
- Administration of user and group accounts and providing appropriate rights to user accounts according to their requirements.
- Installation and configuration of EMC Power Path in ESXi for SAN Storage Path optimization.
- Involved in creation of virtual switches and configuration of NIC for a clustered environment.
- Troubleshoot and resolve the Storage related issues generated in the production, Development and testing environments using vCops.
- Configured VMware on clustered environment, Implemented VMotion, Virtualized Windows servers using VMware Converter P2V and setup Lab Manager.
- Administration, VMware configuration and Administration, Network devices, Security devices for datacenter.
- Use of powercli/esxcli for the migration process and for troubleshooting.
- Troubleshoot VMware problems and some powercli.
- Understanding and experience SAN concepts, snapshots, clustering and fail-over, file Permission management and disaster recovery.
- Successfully deployed and tested Disaster recovery solutions for selected business applications using EMC.
- Used VMware Update Manager to install critical and locally tested updates to the ESX Host.
- Grouped physical disks into logical volumes dynamically sized and resized volumes to fit in the application.
- Troubleshooted network issues between distributed V switch, Layer 2 switches and resolved slow performance between SAN network and VM networks.
- PowerCLI Scripts were developed to be dynamic so when VMs are added to host they are included in the scripts automatically. Goal was to have least amount of human intervention and save time.
- Upgrade current technologies with patches and firmware, as well as new versions.
- Utilize Zerto, vRealize Operations Manager, and PowerCLI to assist with daily tasks.
- Implement VMware vSphere technologies and utilize virtualization tools such as PowerCLI, Auto Deploy, and vCenter Operations Manager.
- Responsible for day-to-day operational maintenance, support, and upgrades for Windows servers and VMware.
- Performed software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages.
Environment: VMware ESX 3.5/4.0/4.1, ESXi 5.5/5.1/5.0, vSphere 5.5/5.1/5.0, vCenter 5.5/5.1/5.0, MS Windows Server 2012 R2/2008 R2/2003, Clusters, SAN, NIC, EMC, Wintel Win 2008, 2012, Virtual Switches
Confidential, Palo Alto, CA
- Installation and support of VMWARE ESX/ESXi 3.5/4.x/5.x/6.x server which hosts the virtual servers for the test/ dev/staging environment.
- Build and administer vCenter 4.1/5.0, VMware cluster, HA, DRS, Snapshot, Clone
- Taking care of P2v, V2v, P2p using VConverter & double take
- Performance tuning for VMware ESXi hosts and Virtual Machine, setting up their CPU affinity rules, allocating resources and fine-tuning storage
- Administering VMware VDI, allocating new VDI and maintaining
- Monitoring the resources and services on the servers using System Center Operation Manager (SCOM) 2007 R2, HP SIM&IBM Director, worked as SCOM administrator.
- Storage configuration using SAN with IBM Blade Center s, HP EVA series
- Supporting SAN infrastructure, NAS infrastructure
- Installation and Support of Windows NT/ 2000/2003/2008/2008 R2 servers functioning in Multi-Tier application environments.
- Analyzed the hardware and software requirements of Active Directory.
- Created the Forest Root domain, and a Child domain in a production environment.
- Installed and configured an Active Directory Domain Controller.
- Established external trusts and cross-forest trusts.
- Managed an Active Directory site; replication schedules, site links and boundaries, used ADUC to create and manage computer, user and group accounts in an Active Directory environment.
- Designed, planned and implemented Group Policy, delegation strategies and OU structure.
- Managed local, roaming, and mandatory profiles planed strategy for placing Global Catalogue (GC) and evaluated the need to enable Universal Group Caching.
- Level-2/3 troubleshooting clustered file & print server support for user base over 2000 users.
- Installation and Administration of HP Proliant servers, C7000 Enclosure, Dell Power Edge, Compaq.
- Troubleshooting hardware issues like, RAM, HDD, CPU, Blue screen on all server hardware
- Installation, Configuration and troubleshooting of DNS and DHCP.
- Installation and Administration of Web servers and FTP servers.
- Responsible for running Wintel on host operating systems (and applications) such as Microsoft Windows to run in a protected, virtual environment in a window.
- Installation and Administration of Fail over cluster in Windows 2000/2003/2008 environment.
- Managing the backups using the Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) and Backup Exec System Recovery.
- Monitoring the servers using HP Systems Insight Manager to find any issues with the server's hardware.
- Patch Management using System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM).
- Participation on disaster recovery planning, mock drill and preparation.
- Administering, designing, maintaining and troubleshooting various Windows environments, administering, designing and troubleshooting Hyper - V virtualization environments
Environment: Windows 2000/2003 Servers, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, Backup and Recovery, IIS (HTTP & FTP), ISA, Terminal Services, Disk Management, File Sharing.