- 8+ years of experience in the areas of DevOps, AWS Cloud, Azure, CI/CD pipeline, Build/Release Management and Linux/Windows Administration and extensive experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including requirement analysis, design specification, coding and testing of enterprise applications.
- Very good experience on DevOps tools such as Chef, Vagrant, Virtual Box, Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins, Maven, ANT, SVN, GIT, and Docker.
- Hands on experience in implementation, architecture, and design with a strong background in Cloud IaaS/PaaS/SaaS, Private/Public clouds and worked across both private (OpenStack) and public clouds (Amazon AWS).
- Expertise in AWS solutions using EC2, S3, Dynamo DB, EBS, Elastic/Application Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups, VPC, ECS, RDS, Security Groups, Route 53, CloudWatch, Cloud Formation, Elastic Bean Stack etc.
- Experienced in both framework and CloudFormation to automate AWS environment creation along with the ability to deployment on AWS, using build scripts and automate solutions using Shell and Python Scripts
- Experienced in Azure Cloud Services, Storage, Web Apps, Active Directory, Application Insights, and Logic Apps.
- Expertise in Azure Development, worked on Azure web application, App Services, Azure storage, Azure SQL Database, Virtual Machines, Fabric Controller, Azure AD, Azure Search, and Notification Hub.
- Experience in configuring and managing the container using Docker, run multiple applications by Docker Compose, and used to Docker Weave for Network Communication between Containers and designed and deployed container - based production clusters using Docker, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, OpenShift and knowledge in Apache Mesos.
- Working on migration from TFS 2015/2017.
- Created Microservices applications with integrations to AWS services by using Amazon EKS, while providing access to the full suite of Kubernetes functionality.
- Experience working with Configuration Management (CM) tools like Chef, Ansible, and Puppet. And experienced in setting up Puppet Master, Puppet Agents for managing enterprise policies and configurations.
- Expertise in solving manual redundant infrastructure issues by creating CloudFormation Templates using AWS's Server less application model and deploy RESTFUL API's using API gateway and triggering Lambda Functions.
- Hands on experience in Terraform for building, changing, and versioning of Infrastructure and wrote Templates for AWS infrastructure as a code using Terraform to build staging and production environments.
- Building/Maintaining Docker container clusters managed by Kubernetes Linux, Bash, GIT, Docker, on GCP (Google Cloud Platform). Utilized Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test deploy.
- Experienced in Managing security groups on AWS, focusing on high-availability, fault-tolerance, and auto scaling using Terraform templates. Along with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment with AWS Lambda and AWS code pipeline.
- Expertise in deep development and enhancement of OpenStack components like Cinder, Glance, Neutron, Heat, Nova etc.
- Extensive experience in installing, configuring, and administering Jenkins CI tool on Linux machines. Used Jenkins Pipeline to drive all Microservices builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, Created Pods and managed using Kubernetes.
- Created and wrote shell scripts (Bash), Ruby, Python and PowerShell for automating tasks.
- Working on setup of various Team Projects into different Team Project Collections in TFS2015/2017.
- Good experience and understanding of Open Shift platform in managing Docker Containers and Kubernetes Clusters. Bootstrapped Kubernetes with Tectonic and used Terraform to deploy highly available clusters.
- Extensive experience on using Docker for virtualization, run, ship, and deploy the application securely for fastens the build/release engineering and good knowledge in several Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, Compose & Docker Registry.
- Experience in configuring and managing the container using Docker, run multiple applications by Docker Compose, and used to Docker Weave for Network Communication between Containers and designed and deployed container-based production clusters using Docker, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, OpenShift and knowledge in Apache Mesos.
- Good understanding on Migrating applications to Google Cloud Platform, Off site disaster recovery and archival with Google Cloud Platform, Hybrid architectures and multi cloud deployments
- Explicit knowledge and experience on Ansible Playbooks, modules, roles, and used them in Cloud (AWS, Azure, Open Stack) environments and experience with Ansible Tower to manage multiple nodes and manage inventory for different environments.
- Hands on Experience with Chef by configuring the chef-repo and setting up multiple Chef Workstations and created Chef Cookbooks and Recipes to automate the deployment process and integrated with Jenkins jobs for Continuous Delivery (CD) framework.
- Experience in designing Puppet manifests and bootstrap scripts to allow instances for various roles without maintaining AMI's and worked on Puppet for the deployment of servers with custom scripts Used Puppet for automation of applications such as Tomcat, Apache, Web logic & OEM client.
- Experience in Jenkins to automate most of the build related tasks and proficient in creating Jenkins CI pipelines.
- Experienced in installing Firmware upgrades, Kernel patches, System Configuration, Performance alteration on UNIX/red systems and performed automated installations of Operating System using Jumpstart for Solaris and Kick-start for Linux.
- Extensively used MAVEN and ANT as a Build Tool for the building of deployable artifacts from Source Code and implemented a continuous delivery framework using JENKINS, CHEF, and MAVEN in Linux environment.
- Expertise in supporting Database environments like Oracle, MySQL, DB2. Also, NoSQL databases such as DynamoDB, Cassandra DB, MongoDB, etc.
- Hands on experience in deploying, managing, and operating scalable, highly available systems on AWS. Performance monitoring using Splunk, AppDynamics.
- Expertise in setting up SSH, SFTP, SCP connectivity between Linux hosts and experienced in DNS, NIS, NFS, CIFS, FTP, SAMBA server, LDAP, remote access, security management and system troubleshooting skills.
- Good understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) like Agile, Waterfall Methodologies.
DevOps Tools: Chef, Puppet, Vagrant, Maven, Ansible, Docker, Gradle, Splunk, OPS Work.
Cloud Environment: Amazon Web Services (AWS) EC2, Simple Storage Service (S3), RDS, VPC, Cloud Front, Cloud Trail, SES, Cloud Watch, Route53, Elastic Bean Stalk, Elastic Load Balancer, Google Cloud, Azure.
Operating Systems: Linux - Red Hat, Fedora, SUSE, Debi, Ubuntu, CentOS, Unix
Languages/Scripts: Bash Shell, Perl, Python Scripts, Cobol, C, C++, Visual Basic, Java, J2EE
Databases: MySQL (phpMyAdmin), PostgreSQL (phpPgAdmin)
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN, Make file, Hudson, Jenkins, BA
Mail Servers: Postfix, PostgreSQL (Virtual mailbox)
Web Servers: Apache2/Tomcat, JBoss, IBM-Web Sphere, WebSphere, JBoss
Virtual Server: VMware ESX 3.5.0 Server, VMware Infrastructure Client 2.5 &Xen 3.2
Version Control Tools: Subversion (SVN), Clear case, GIT, GIT Hub, Perforce, Code Commit
Other Tools: JIRA Project Management Tool, Eclipse, CUPS, DNS(BIND), DHCP, Samba, Firewall (Squid, IPTables), FTP, NFS, NIS
AWS, DevOps Engineer
Confidential, New York
- As a DevOps & Cloud Engineer, worked in AWS environment, instrumental in utilizing Compute Services (EC2, ELB), Storage Services (S3, Glacier, Block Storage, and Lifecycle Management policies), Cloud Formation (JSON Templates), Elastic Beanstalk, Lambda, VPC, RDS, Trusted Advisor and Cloud watch.
- Supported the application teams in migrating the source code from TFS to Git hub. Created GIT repositories with branches and migrated the source code from TFS.
- Worked on Google Cloud Components, Google container builders and GCP client libraries and cloud SDK’s. Experience on Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and worked on OpenStack-manuals and Security Guide to the OpenStack Community.
- Docker support CI/CD implementation, OpenShift, kubernetes, GIT and Ansible.
- Workedon various Azure services like Compute (Web Roles, Worker Roles), Azure Websites, Caching, SQL Azure, NoSQL, Storage, Network services, Azure Active Directory, API Management, Scheduling, Auto Scaling, and PowerShell Automation.
- Created and configured AWS EC2 instances using preconfigured templates such as AMI, RHEL, Centos, Ubuntu as well as used corporate based VM images which include complete packages to run build and test in those EC2 Instances.
- Extensively used Elastic Load Balancing mechanism with Auto Scaling feature to scale the capacity of EC2 Instances across multiple availability zones in a region to distribute incoming high traffic for the application.
- Created Apache Directory Server for local network and Integrating RHEL instance with Active Directory in AWS VPC and created playbooks for OpenStack deployments and bug fixes with Ansible
- Worked in a group running Jenkins in a Docker container with EC2 slaves in Amazon AWS cloud configuration. Also gain familiarity with surrounding technologies such as Kubernetes.
- Install / upgrade OpenShift origin clusters.
- Implementing and managing global intranet project using Scrum (framework), Office 365, Microsoft Azure, Hybrid Active Directory, CSOM, PowerShell and SharePoint Infrastructure Management tools.
- Aligned Azure Google Cloud Platform capabilities and services with work load requirements
- Deployed Azure IaaS virtual machines (VMs) and Cloud services (PaaS role instances) into secure V Nets and subnets. Involved in migrating on premise cloud storage to Windows Azure using Azure Site Recovery and Azure backups.
- Using Azure Media and Content delivery, Azure Networking, Azure Hybrid integration, Azure Identity and Access Management, Azure Data Factory and Storage, Azure compute services and Azure Web apps.
- Managed local deployments in Kubernetes, creating local cluster and deploying application containers.
- Integrated Jenkins with various DevOps tools such as Nexus, SonarQube, Ansible and used CI/CD system of Jenkins on Kubernetes container environment, utilizing Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment for the CI/CD system to build and test and deploy.
- Red Hat OpenShift deployment and Administration, knowledge of application onboarding to OpenShift
- Configured TFS 2013/2015/2017 Environment along with Default Project Collections, Build Definitions, Release Definitions, Work Items..
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard, and Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Orchestrated and migrated CI/CD processes using Cloud Formation, terraform templates and Containerized the infrastructure using Docker setup in Vagrant, AWS and Amazon VPCs.
- Created Terraform modules to create instances in AWS & automated process of creation of resources is AWS using terraform.
- Used Docker to containerize custom web applications and deployed on Digital Ocean with Ubuntu instances through SWARM Cluster and automated application deployment in cloud using Docker HUB, Docker Swarm, and Vagrant.
- Involved in creating Docker containers leveraging existing Linux Containers and AMI's in addition to creating Docker containers from scratch.
- Used Ansible to deploy ELK for automating continuous deployment (CD) and configured Nodes and deployment failure reporting and working with Site Reliability Engineer to implement Data dog system metrics, analytics
- Created Ansible with multiple modules as per component like Kafka, Zookeepers, MySQL, Logstash, HTTP collectors & Schema registry to configure EC2 instances to create/update Kafka cluster.
- Responsible for configuring the apps to Open Shift and containerization of apps using Docker.
- Developed different environments of different applications on Google cloud by provisioning Kubernetes clusters on GCE instances and GKE using Docker, Ruby, Bash and Python.
- Built a deployment pipeline for deploying tagged versions of applications to AWS Beanstalk using Jenkins CI and migrated pipelines build from Bamboo to Jenkins and integrated them with Stash and JIRA.
- Developed frontend and backend modules using Python on Django including Tastypie Web Framework using Git.
- Used Ansible server to manage and configure nodes, Managed Ansible Playbooks with Ansible roles and Used Ansible Tower to manage Multiple Nodes and Manage Inventory for different Environment.
- Worked on Jenkins, GitHub, Artifactory and all internal build systems for the core development team on an enterprise-level Java-based cloud orchestration/automation tool.
- Familiar with the concepts of Red hat’s Open shift container platform for Docker and kubernetes.
- Provided consistent environment using Kubernetes for deployment scaling and load balancing the application from dev through QA, easing the code development and deployment pipeline by implementing Docker containerization.
- Using Python modules such as NumPy and Matplotlib for generating complex graphical data, creation of histograms etc
- Worked on configuring Puppet master servers and installing Puppet client software on Linux servers and deployed and Configured Automation tools like Puppet and Chef.
- Worked on migrating the applications from TFS 2015 to TFS 2017 and deployed them in Microsoft Azure
- Created continuous integration system using Maven, Ant, Jenkins, Ansible, Continuous Integration, faster and flawless deploying with MCollective, Hiera, Custom Ansible modules.
- Involved in fetching and deployment using NetConf and python and Bash Scripts
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process and built Jenkins jobs to create AWS infrastructure from GitHub repos containing Terraform code and administered/engineered Jenkins for managing weekly builds.
- Worked as Site Reliability and DevOps engineer serving small businesses globally utilizing agile and CI/CD pipeline and monitoring tools. Accomplishments
- Deployed and managed web services with Tomcat and JBOSS. Provided end-user straining for all Tortoise SVN, JIRA users to effectively use the tool.
Environment: AWS (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, RDS, Cloud Trail and Route 53), VDI, Linux, Ansible, Git version Control, VPC, AWS EC2, S3, Route53, EBS, IAM, ELB, Cloud watch, Cloud Trial, Cloud Formation, AWS CLI, AWS Auto Scaling, Google Cloud, Azure, Maven, Jira, Nagios, Subversion, Jenkins, Ansible, Mesos, Docker, Kubernetes, Python, Ruby.
- Involved in designing and deploying multitude applications utilizing almost all of the AWS stack (Including EC2, EKS, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling in AWS CloudFormation.
- Involved in DevOps migration/automation processes for build and deploy systems and configured, monitored and automated Amazon Web Services as well as involved in deploying the content cloud platform on Amazon Web Services using EC2, S3 and EBS.
- Heavily involved in implementing Technologies from Red Hat like Open shift & OpenStack cloud base. Build and configured Jenkins slaves for parallel job execution.
- Launched AWS EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Web Services (Linux/ Ubuntu/RHEL) and Configured launched instances with respect to specific applications. Created Snapshots and Amazon Machine Images (AMI's) of EC2 Instance.
- Created AWS S3 Buckets, Policies and on the IAM Role based polices customizing the JSON templates, Glacier for Archival storage and backup on AWS.
- Experience with provisioning configuration management, and containerization solutions such as Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, Mesos or similar technologies
- Implemented and maintained the branching, tagging & build/release strategies using SCM tool like GIT, and maintained build packages using Team Foundation Server (TFS) on Linux & Windows platform.
- Maintained and developed Docker images for a tech stack including Cassandra, Kafka, Apache, and several in house written Java services running in Google Cloud Platform (GCP) on Kubernetes.
- Created the AWS VPC network for the Installed Instances and configured the Security Groups and Elastic IP's accordingly.
- Worked on AWS Lambda to run the code in response to events, such as changes to data in an Amazon S3 bucket, Amazon DynamoDB table, HTTP requests using AWS API Gateway and invoked the code using API calls made using AWS SDKs.
- Designing and implementing fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment By Using Technologies like Puppet.
- Experience in PaaS and IaaS architectures including RedHat OpenShift, OpenStack, and VMware.
- Define the pipeline and lifecycle of the Docker images on the open shift container platform
- Maintained DNS records using Route53. Used AWS Route53 to manage DNS zones and give public DNS names to elastic load balancers IP's.
- Automated the cloud deployments using Chef, Python and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Established infrastructure excellence Site Reliability and DevOps teams executing leading, proven best practices through innovative frameworks, automation
- Experience in maintain the infrastructure by managing the inventory files inAnsible.
- Develop a CI/CD system with Jenkins on Kubernetes container environment, utilizing Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment for the CI/CD system to build and test and deploy.
- Create and publish NuGet packages and maintain the NuGet infrastructure that several teams use at build time.
- Used Terraform for cloud Automation like setting up the target environment which comprises of VPC's, Subnet's, Security Group's for the migrated server's to be launched.
- Ability to design & implement cloud native solutions on Google cloud platform.
- VMware process automation using vSphere power CLI and windows power shell.
- Experience in setting up kubernetes cluster using KOPS scripts and rancher and experience in creating build process for docker based deployments using Jenkins pipelines.
- Built Continuous Integration environment (Jenkins, Nexus) and delivery environment (puppet, Yum)
- Created accurate documentation to support and maintain the Cisco servers, vSphere Hypervisors, and Citrix environment.
- Utilized Ansible and AWS lambda, Elastic Cache and CloudWatch logs to automate the creation of log aggregation pipeline with Elastic Search, Logstash, Kibana(ELK) stack to send all our teams logs coming into CloudWatch to process them and send them off to Elastic Search.
- Automated the release pipeline to achieve zero touch deployments using RTC, GIT,Kubernetes, Jenkins, SVN, OpenShift and Chef.
- Performed Integrated delivery (CI and CD process) Using Jenkins, Nexus and Yum.
- Created scripts for system administration and AWS using languages such as BASH and Python and built server deployment on Cloud (EC2) servers with help of DevOps tools like Chef.
- Implemented JSHint/JSLint testing tool to automate the code review process and published the results on Jenkins as well the graph by comparing everyday nightly builds.
- Maintenance and Managing of LDAP server. Processing of Java Script to all the nodes using Chef.
- Configured automation tools like Chef on Linux servers and installed and Configured Nagios on servers and clients using Chef.
- Actively involved in architecting the chef infrastructure to manage more than 2000 servers
- Involved in virtualization with VMware ESX vSphere 4.1 and created VM's and performed P2V and P2P migrations. Migrated Projects from SVN to GIT
- Developed different environments of different applications on Google cloud by provisioning Kubernetes clusters on GCE instances and GKE using Docker, Ruby/Bash, Python.
- Installing and Configuring TOMCAT and deployment of JSP and worked on hardware, HBA, DNS, ANS, firewall, load balancer, networking, middleware, web application, Application Servers & security.
- Implemented Puppet for Package and configuration management and configured and used automation tools like PUPPET to push updates like sudo, ssh. Send mail and patches.
- Used Docker, Kubernetes and OpenShift to manage micro services for development of continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Installing, configuring, and administering DNS, NFS, NIS, Mail servers, FTP servers RPM servers on Sun Solaris and Red Hat Linux platforms.
- Created scripts for system administration and AWS using languages such as BASH and Python.
- Responsible for distributed applications across hybrid AWS and physical data centers and configure and maintain codebase to support the build and deployment of code on servers.
- Created deployment workflows in RTC, GIT and OpenShift which includes prerelease, release and Post release steps.
- Maintain a Live Like environment to test any production issues on the setup and push it into production.
- Worked on creation of custom Docker container images, tagging and pushing the images and worked on creating the Docker containers and consoles for managing the application life cycle.
- Configuration Management using Subversion (SVN) and maintaining admin related files and automating the regular tasks in Subversion and streamlining the process of access to SVN.
Environment: Java/J2EE, Subversion, Jenkins, JIRA, OpenStack, Maven, GIT, ANT, Chef, Docker, AWS, Python, Remedy, UNIX Shell Scripting. Red Hat EL 3/4/5/6, SUSE, Apache Cloud Stack, Puppet, AWS, Solaris 5.8, 9 and 10