- Overall 7+ years of IT experience inlcuding AWS/DevOps Engineering, UNIX/Linux System Administration.
- Configured and managed Linux and Cloud infrastructures utilizing Amazon Web Services (AWS) including EC2, Elastic Load - balancers, Elastic Container Service (Docker Containers).
- Used Packer creating identical machine images for multi platforms.
- Worked on Amazon AWS EC2 cloud services for installing, configuring and troubleshooting on various Amazon images like Amazon Linux AMI, Redhat, 5.x.6.x, Ubuntu 12.x, 14.x.
- Involved in supporting cloud instances running Linux and Windows on AWS, experience with Elastic IP, Security Groups and Virtual Private Cloud in AWS.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using CloudWatch.
- Implemented Jenkins Code Deploy plugin to deploy to AWS and used to automate the build process and deploy the application to Tomcat server.
- Maintained various DevOps related tools for the team such as deployment tools and development and staging environments.
- Well versed with Microservices architecture.
- Working with Nagios monitoring software for remote and onsite devices both physical and virtual.
- Experience with Configuration Management Tools like Chef, Puppet and Ansible.
- Having good understanding of Docker Configuration Management tool.
- Evaluated Kubernetes for Docker container.
- Experience in administering Linux. Experience in Installation, Configuration, Backup, Recovery,
- Deep knowledge on CI (Continuous Integration) and CD(Continuous Deployment) methodologies with Jenkins.
- Strongly familiar with Git and SVN, including branching and merging strategies
- Experience in built automation using Jenkins, Maven and Ant.
- Extensively used build utilities like Maven for building of jar, war and ear files.
- Managed servers on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform using Puppet and Chef.
- Responsibilities include in developing complex build, test, secure and deployment of systems and providing support to both developers and testers.
- Have good understanding of Java project structures.
- Experience on deployment and implementation on Chef, Puppet and Ansible.
- Familiar with all aspects of software development life cycle (SDLC) such as Analysis, Planning, Developing, Testing and Implementing and Post-production analysis of the projects.
- Experienced in package management using Red Hat RPM, YUM, Red Hat Satellite Server and compiling the Linux Kernel for different builds.
- Well versed with configuration Volume Groups and Logical Volumes, extended logical volumes for the system growth needs using Logical Volume Manager (LVM) and also experienced in file system management through RAID configuration.
- Experience in configuring Jumpstart Server, Kickstart Installation for Network Installation on various UNIX Base Operating System.
- Have good hands on experience on TCP/IP packets doing packet analyzing using Tcpdump and Wireshark.
- Creating and administrating file systems ext4, ext3 and NFS on several RHEL Versions.
- Extensive experience with Shell scripting, Bash scripting and build automation.
Scripting: UNIX shell scripting, Bash scripting, Python scripting.
Database: SQL, MySQL, Teradata.
Cloud services: AWS (EC2/S3/IAM/SQS/SNS/ELB), Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
Config Mgmnt Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, and Terraform.
CI Tools: Jenkins, Jules .
Virtualization Tools: VMware, VMware Workstation. TCP/IP, firewalls, VPN, IaaS
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, log stash, Kibana, SPLUNK.
Version Control Tools: Subversion, Git/Stash, ClearCase, TFS, Git, GitHub, SVN, CVS.
Web Servers Tools: Apache, Tomcat, Nexus, etc.
Bug Tacker & Testing: JIRA, Selenium, SonarQube.
Build Tools & Container Services: Ant, Maven, Docker, and Kubernetes.
Senior Infrastructure Consultant
- Systems monitoring and administration of Servers for day-to-day problems, patches, user administration, hardware failure, monitoring log files, backup, software up gradation, configuration changes and documentation.
- Excellent understanding of ITSM and change management.
- Centrally managed an automated research oriented Linux environment through automation/configuration tools like Chef / Ansible .
- Experience in system monitoring tools like Nagios, monitoring systems, networks and infrastructure.
- Worked on Amazon Web Services - AWS (Cloud Computing), EC2, VPC.
- Worked on installing, configuring and deploying Openstack solutions.
- Setup and configuration of IDRAC on Dell PowerEdge series servers.
- Managing Linux infrastructure using single, integrated tools for efficiency, speed such as Puppet/CFengine.
- Worked on troubleshooting issues with Terraform and Spacewalk Servers.
- Worked on Azure, Microsoft.
- Maintained version control setup of configuration files, automount maps, software repos etc. using subversion (SVN)/Git and Git Lab repositories.
- Initializing and rebuilding a server with different RAID setups (RAID 0, 5 and 10).
- Installed and administered Jenkins CI server for continuous build of java projects.
- Migrating applications from Web Sphere to JBoss.
- Developed a AaaS and IaaS for our staging, production environments.
- Developed cookbooks to automate most of the complex msi installers and executable installers.
- Wrote Chef cookbooks to bring up Jenkins continuous integration server. Leveraged the community Jenkins cookbook and applied customizations.
- Created Jenkins Workflows for pre deployment process (DB execution, Environment configuration changes etc.) on both QA and preproduction Environments.
- Worked with GIT/Gitlab/Bit Bucket and Subversion to manage source code.
- Created Git repositories in Atlassian Stash named bby-jenkins.
- Worked on using a Git branching strategy that included develops branches, feature branches, staging branches and master. Pull requests and code reviews were performed.
- Built a VPC, established the site-to-site VPN connection between Data Center & AWS.
- Automated the local dev environment using Vagrant/chef-solo.
- Automated the cloud deployments using chef, python (boto & fabric) and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Focused on automation and continuous integration. Automated local development environment using chef
- Used vCloud Automation center for triggering new build.
- Collaborated with development team to troubleshot and resolve issues.
- Documented project's software release management procedures with input decisions.
- Automation of daily tasks using Shell scripts.
- Deployed the static content to apache web servers and applications to Tomcat Application server.
- Used JIRA as a Work Management/ SCRUM Agile Tool.
- Build, configured and support Application team environments.
- Established processes and tools to maintain code base integrity, including check-in validation rules and branch/merge processes.
- Installed and configured Jenkins tools on Linux and windows platforms, Manage slaves and installing Jenkins plugins.
- Streamlined Build process for Fortify scan of code from Manual to Automated mode by setting up Jenkins Automation environment, thus reducing manual error prone, Build time, No logging to machine is required.
- Following agile methodology using RTC as a supporting Tool.
- Troubleshot and configured Symantec Enterprise Security Monitoring Tool.
- Provided 24x7 production support for 700+ Linux.
- Presented weekly system status report and maintained documentation reports.
- Working as DevOps engineer/Build and release engineer in field of release automation for java/.Net application to achieve continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD).
- Implementation of Ansible to deploy the builds for Dev, QA and production.
- Maintenance and development of infrastructure using Ansible, Jenkins, and multiple AWS tools.
- Configuration of various plug-ins for Jenkins for automation of the workflow.
- Configuration and maintenance of Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Maven to schedule the builds.
- Implementation of a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Ansible, and Maven in Linux environment.
- Wrote several playbooks for automating the infrastructure for test and production.
- Usage of Ansible for configuration management tools to deploy consistent infrastructure code across multiple environments.
- Implementation of a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and AWS AMI's.
- Used the version control system GIT and SVN to access the repositories and used in coordinating with CI tools.
- Migrate SVN repositories to GIT and Maintain GITLAB to manage GIT repositories.
- Integrated Maven with GIT to manage and deploy project related tags
- Implementation of new tools such as Kubernetes with Docker to assist with auto-scaling and continuous integration(CI).
- Development and scheduling of bash shell scripts for various activities (deploy environment verification, running database scripts, file manipulations, SVNHooks)
- Managed Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure with automation and configuration management using Puppet. Designing cloud-hosted solutions, specific AWS product suite experience.
- Assist in requirements gathering, development, and testing of new systems or system upgrades.
- Configure systems to adhere to enterprise, departmental, and team standards.
- Create new environments as assigned.
- Configuration of S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to and backup files and archive files in Glacier.
- Configuration of Elastic Load Balancers (ELB) with EC2 Auto scaling groups.
- Automation of server/database backups using (snapshots/AMI images).
- Using the Ansible Playbooks Migrated the VMWARE VMs to AWS and Managed Services like EC2, S3 Bucket, Route, ELB, EBS.
- Setup and configuration of web servers with apache and nginx.
- Migrated applications to the AWS cloud.
- Provide RedHat Enterprise Linux/UNIX system engineering, server deployment, configuration, and management in a development and production infrastructure environment.Smoothly created pre-production environments and manage the portion of traffic going to them. Debug in the cloud when needed and roll back if issues are found.
- Troubleshooting performance and functionality problems on RHEL and Solaris platformsDoing capacity Assessment for new requests of servers i.e. calculating CPU and Memory for new servers according to the current/future Applications running on the system.
- Extensively involved in Backup & Restores.
IT Support Engineer
- As part of DevOps, my role included release management, Environment Management, deployments, Continuous integration, continuous deployment, Incident management, version management.
- Used chef for server provisioning and infrastructure automation, release automation, deployment automation.
- Responsible for Openstack project core infrastructure including codereview, continuous integration systems and development tools.
- Worked on continuous delivery and build clouds with Openstack and AWS.
- Implemented automations tools like Puppet and Chef
- Worked with Chef Management tool and AWS and DevOps.
- Integrated Build Process through Jenkins using Maven.
- Setting up the build and deployment automation for Java base project by using JENKINS and Maven.
- Responsible for creating and deploying builds on various Web logic environments, testing in build environment and release to test team on scheduled time.
- Creating builds using Maven scripts.
- Developed a continuous deployment pipeline using Jenkins, chef and Ruby scripts.
- Troubleshooting deployment and installation issues.
- Improved our existing Terraform-based provisioning tooling.
- Installation of RHEL 5.0/6.0, HPC, Ubuntu and Solaris 10 using kickstart/jumpstart and custom building the servers.
- Linux / UNIX administration and Enterprise Server Integration.
- Migration of servers for DC consolidation and tech-refreshes.
- Providing 24/7 support for on-call on Red Hat Linux, HPC Linux, LAMP, Ubuntu, Solaris and AIX environments.
- Administration of Cloud-Servers Section
- Administer and troubleshoot Cisco Load Balancers, F5 Load Balancers (LTM/GTM), Citrix Netscalers, Solarwinds.
- Configured certificates and Round Robin algorithm for optimization of web servers behind F5 Load Balancers.
- Worked on installation and configuration of Oracle RAC database.
- Cofiguration of LAMP Stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) web servers.
- Perform regular DBA activities including space management and performance monitoring.
- Jumpstart (JET) and kickstart for server builds
- Created UAT servers on AWS using AWS IaaS dashboard
- Created non-global zones (whole root and sparse root zones) for HA under Veritas Clusters.
- Scripting on shell, python (and perl) languages
- Applying patches to the servers using Redhat Satellite server and yum repositories.
- Using Confluence with Jira integration as an internal knowledge base (creating wiki spaces, assigning access permissions, etc.).
- Patch management using Vmware update manager.
- Installation, configuration and administration of Windows/VMware//Unix/Linux servers. Maintain and Manage various services running in the environment which included IIS, apache web server, Tomcat, Oracle Databases, Sybase and DB2.
- Working on Veritas Cluster Server and assisting and coordinating with Application and Middleware teams for timely changes using ITSM tool.
- Providing Breakfix support for all the systems and OS using HP Service Manager.