- Forward - thinking technology professional with more than ten years experience implementing and supporting technology and eight years experience developing high performance teams. Consistently takes ownership and responsibility in identifying inefficiency and applying solutions that improve business results. Ability to quickly to master newly introduced technology. Skilled and creative problem solver who is meticulous, process oriented and calm under pressure.
- Staff Development
- Effective Communications
- Windows - Active Directory
- Client / Server Software Integration
- Lotus Notes / Domino
- Spam, Virus & Malware Prevention
- MS Exchange
- Security - Perimeter and Internal
- MS SQL Server
- Systems Integration
- Datacenter Operations
- End User and Technician Training
- Desktop Support - Windows & Mac
- Process Design
- Project Design
- Systems / Software Migration
- Cisco Routing / Switching / Wireless
- Vendor Management
Senior Network Administrator
- Supported all Windows and Linux Servers. Provided tier two support for Windows and Apple Workstations. Server uptime increased to over 99.9%.
- Deployed and supported ePO 4.5 and prior version centralized antivirus protection.
- Malware incidents reduced by 98% though effective use of patch management, protection, monitoring, and training.
- Deployed and supported Backup Exec for enterprise backup and data archives.
- Deployed and supported Web Services for intranet and content for internet hosted CRM.
- Implemented standardized Client computer system platform with LAN deployment (manual and PXE). Deployed additional software via Group policy deployment.
- Implement WSUS for windows patch management.
- Redesigned and migrated IT Helpdesk. Designed Wonderdesk interface with emphasis on easy of use and specialized technician views. Implemented maintenance Work Order System as a component of this project.
- Deployed and supported Adobe Connect Professional.
- Implemented Zenoss on a Fedora virtual machine for network monitoring and reporting.
Engineer / Project Manager
- Provided Desktop Support, Application Support (e.g. Windows, Citrix, Active directory, Exchange, Managed Antivirus, Backup Solutions) and break-fix services.
- Specialized implementation services (e.g. Electronic Document Management and Wireless Network sharing with Secure LAN isolation).
- Designed and implemented an 802.11 Wireless LAN over a 20 acre complex.
- Installed, configured and provided training for multiple McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator implementations. (Antivirus & Policy management) Managed and administered Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition.
System and Network Engineer
- Engineered and deployed SAP Frontend Ver. 6.2 over Citrix Metaframe and Nfuse. Utilized a load balanced server farm servicing 4000+ WAN clients. Several custom applications adapted and deployed to run over Citrix.
- Reduced “Spam” delivered to email clients by 98% (From 280,000 per month to <5000) in a Microsoft Exchange / Outlook environment (similar results for other clients).
- Datacenter Migration for large bank during merger. Primary applications moved from Novell to Microsoft Servers including authentication, patch management, email, security, data archives, and retail banking software. Many in house applications implemented on Citrix using ICA.
- Implemented and trained staff for Cisco Port Security for bank (Head office and retail branches).
- Implemented software updates utilizing WSUS, Scripting, and MS SMS (renamed SCCM).
- Deployed Magic TSD Helpdesk, replacing an earlier unsuccessful implementation while preserving data. Provided administrative training for the application management and reporting tools.
- Provided call center support for WAN. Supported Frame Relay, ATM, T1, T3, SONET and voice over IP on Cisco and Nortel networks. Coordinated extensively with telecommunications providers. Utilized HP OpenView and Cisco Works as support tools.