Over 13+ experienced in all phases of the software development life - cycle (SDLC) and involved major tasks on AWS, AZURE, GCP, Maven, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, Ansible and Ansible tower, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, Ant, Maven, Artifactory management, installing and configuring the databases, includes monitoring tools and application server configurations etc.
Cloud Platform: Azure, Amazon Web Services, GCP
Operating Systems: Red hat Linux 4/5/6/7, Windows servers 2003, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, Windows 7/8/10.
Databases: MongoDB, Oracle, SQL SERVER, My SQL, MS Sql.
Configuration Management tools: Chef, Ansible, Puppet
Version Control tool & Build tools: Git, GitHub, Maven, ANT
Network Protocols: TCP/IP, UDP, DHCP, HTTP, VPN, DNS, NTP, FTP, SSH, and Telnet
Application Server: Web Logic 9.x, 10.x, Apache Tomcat 5.x/7.x, JBoss 4.22. GA Web Sphere 6.x/7.x/8.x, Microsoft Active Directory 2000/2003/2008/2008 R2, DHCP, DNS, WINS
Virtualization: VSphere 5.0/4.0/ 4.1, ESX/ESXi server 5.0/4.1/4.0/3.5/3.0 , V Sphere Client, VCenter, VMotion, Storage VMotion, VMware Update Manager, VMware Tools, VMware Converter, DRS, HA
Infrastructure as Code (IAC): Terraform, CloudFormation, ARM templates
Containerization & Orchestration: Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift
Confidential, Toledo, Ohio
Sr. Cloud/DevOps Engineer
- Configured Azure services such as compute virtual machines, azure active directory, azure storage, SQL Database, Azure DNS and Azure Application Insights.
- Created Azure Virtual Networks, subnets, Azure network settings and Azure cloud.
- Develop PowerShell scripts and ARM templates to automate the provisioning and deployment process
- Implemented premises applications on cloud platform Azure in dealing with Azure (PaaS) - Virtual networks, Virtual machines, Cloud services, Resource groups, Express route, VPN, Traffic manager, Auto scaling, Application gateways, Load balancing.
- Deployed Azure IaaS virtual machines (VMs) and Cloud services (PaaS role instances) into secure VNets and subnets and Automated VSTS (Visual Studio Team System) build and deployment to IAAS and PASS environment in Azure and developed build support utilities in PowerShell.
- Created Azure cloud services, Azure storage, Azure active directory, Azure service Bus. Create and manage Azure AD tenants and configure application integration with Azure AD. Integrate on-premises Windows AD tenants and Configure application integration with Azure AD.
- Provided solutions to release management team on VSTS to enforce coding guidelines.
- Using VSTS build continuous integration and delivery pipeline as a part of service improvements to achieve seamless and error prone deployments.
- Configured continuous integration from Source control, setting up build definition within Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) and configure continuous delivery to automate the deployment of ASP.NET MVC applications to Azure web apps.
- Deployed Azure IaaS virtual machines (VMs) and Cloud services (PaaS) into secure VNets and subnets, creating pipelines for deploying code from GitHub to Kubernetes cluster in the form of Docker containers using Spinnaker.
- Developed Automation frameworks for public cloud infrastructure deployments.
- Implemented Terraform key features such as Infrastructure as code, Execution plans, Change Automation and extensively used Auto scaling.
- Worked in container based technologies like Docker, Kubernetes and Openshift Point team player on Openshift for creating new Projects, Services for load balancing and adding them to Routes to be accessible from outside, troubleshooting pods through ssh and logs, modification of Build configs, templates, Imagestreams, etc
- Managing the Openshift cluster that includes scaling of AWS app nodes.
- Worked with Openshift virtualized PaaS provider - useful in automating the provisioning of commodity computing resources for cost and performance efficiency. Created and managed Docker images from Docker Hub and handled multiple images for middleware installations and domain configurations. Created Ansible playbook files for windows server builds, configuration, and application installation.
- Ansible and Ansible Tower as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploys critical applications, and proactively manages change.
- Ansible to configure the servers, deploy software, and orchestrate continuous deployments for zero downtime rolling updates.
- Involved with Dev, QA team for standard branching strategy and implemented standard tooling i.e. semantic versioning for all the application and integrated to CloudBees Jenkins pipeline which runs all unit, cucumber tests and generates a report on success or failure.
- Creating, automating and managing projects in CloudBees Jenkins for various environments like development, QA, UAT and production and continuous integration with multiple stages using shared libraries which includes SCM, Sonar Scan, Build, NexusRM & NexusIQ, Junit & integration tests, UCD deploy.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the GIT repositories and provide GIT support for day to day activities on various projects.
- Worked on maven authoring pom.xml files and managed maven repositories.
- Used mostly GROOVY, YAML and JSON for automation scripting purpose and release module using Configuration Management.
- Configured Splunk to monitor real-time granular metrics of all the logs and configured dashboards for each resource agents
- Worked on Splunk to send and management logs component and deployed code on Apache Tomcat, JBoss Application Servers for UAT and Development environments and used JIRA as Life Cycle Management tool to handle project activities in sprint fashion.
- Configured servers to provide networking services such as HTTP/HTTPS, File Transfer Protocol (FTP), network file system (NFS), Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP), secure shell (SSH) and Network Time Protocol (NTP)
- Using GIT repository for storing Terraform files and maintaining versioning. Converted existing Terraform modules that had version conflicts to utilize cloud formation during Terraform deployments to enable more control or missing capabilities.
- Converted existing Terraform modules that had version conflicts to utilize cloud formation during Terraform deployments to enable more control or missing capabilities.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the wrapper to manage configurations of AWS nodes and tested Playbooks on AWS instances using Python.
- Worked on Ansible modules to deploy Docker services on the Docker cluster for the entire microservices stack.
- Setup and configured the continuous build system using Jenkins and running automation smoke/nightly test suites
- Worked in Installation, Migration, Integration, Implementation, Release and building of in-house products.
- Maintained and executed build scripts using Maven by coordinating with development and QA teams.
- Written Ant scripts for automating ear deployments and configuration of Web Sphere server for all J2EE applications.
- Administered SVN/Git repositories and managed account administration, branching, merging, patch fixes and snapshots.
- Setup and configured Jenkins for Continuous Integration and Release Management.
- Involved in Linux/Unix system administration and performance tuning. Wrote Shell Scripts (bash), Python, Perl scripts to automate the package installation, web server and instance configuration.
- Administered Jenkins, proposed and implemented branching strategy suitable for agile/scrum, development in a fast-paced engineering environment.
- Experience in using Bug Tracking tools like JIRA and HP Quality center. Used JIRA as a Change Management/ Work Management/ SCRUM Agile Tool.
- Designed, configured, and managed multiple VMware environments with 6.x and 5.x.
- Identified and performed automation of VMware administrative tasks using PowerShell and vSphere PowerCLI.
- Automated ESXi host deployments using scripted install (http protocol).
- Installation and configuration of VMware Syslog and Dump Collector for ESXi host, monitoring for performance issues and Purple Screen of Death (PSOD) conditions.
- Automate configuration of ESXi 5.5 and 6.5 hypervisors using PowerShell scripts.
- Installation and configuration of VMware vRealize Orchestrator.
- Provided VMware vSphere PowerCLI and Windows PowerShell walkthrough to create VMware automation scripts.
Build & Release Engineer
- Identifying major incidents, understanding the impact and engaging the responsible parties for incident resolution and send communications to stake holders
- Ensure that activities within a process are being performed at a high level of quality and that it meets its associated Service Level Agreements or Operational Level Agreements
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Chef, Maven in Linux environment
- Managed Chef cookbooks to automate system operations and AWS Cloud management.
- Implemented Chef Recipes for Deployment on build on internal Data Centre Servers. Also re-used and modified same Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
- Implemented environments, roles, data bags in Chef for better environment management.
- Automated infrastructure in AWS with Chef, Ruby, and maternal unit, Created EC2 Instances and VPC network and assigned Roles and permissions via IAM key management.
- Wrote Chef Cookbooks and recipes in Ruby to provision several pre-prod environments consisting of Cassandra DB installations, WebLogic domain creations and several proprietary middleware installations.
- Developed branching model in Bitbucket using Git Flow.
- Created Jobs in Jenkins by setting up global permissions and scheduling jobs using poll SCM.
- Designed, Created and Managed Continuous Build and Continuous Integration environments in Agile projects, combining and automating tools like Selenium, XUnit and Web Driver with build processes to provide detailed Metrics and rapid feedback for development teams.
- Configured Jenkins as a CI engine to build and promote applications to QA, UAT and Staging environments.
- Created Splunk app for Enterprise Security to identify and address emerging security threats using continuous monitoring, alerting and analytics.
- Worked in a group running Jenkins in a Docker container with EC2 slaves in Amazon AWS cloud configuration. Also gain familiarity with surrounding technologies like Kubernetes.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker and AWS.
- Deployed some web apps, managing virtual machines in AZURE platform.
- Created continuous integration system using GIT, Maven, Jenkins, JFrog, and AWS Code Deploy for full automation, Continuous Integration, faster and flawless deployments.
- Scripted in multiple languages on UNIX, LINUX and Windows - Bash, Python, Shell script etc.
- Resolved system issues and inconsistencies in coordination with quality assurance and engineering teams
- Experienced migrating the on-premise application and database to AWS infrastructure by applying best practice considering the 5 pillars of AWS Well Architected Frameworks (Operational Excellence, Security, Reliability, Performance Efficiency, Cost Optimization)
- Providing technical expertise involving AWS Infrastructure or related issues
- Composing and leveraging AWS CloudFormation Templates for utilization, to ensure repeatable, sustainable AWS infrastructure to be effectively managed
- Deploying, testing, and documenting development, pre-production, and production environments.
- Developing security implementation for data in transient and data at rest by encryption management service (AWS KMS)
- Implementing technical efforts in the following areas:
- Creating VPC resources such as subnets, network access control lists, and security groups, bastion host and nat gateway.
- Backing up cloud resources (EBS Snapshots), including in a hybrid environment
- Leveraging resource tagging to allocate costs and optimize resource planning
- Creating gold images / AMIs and employing Auto Scaling Group integrated with Application Load Balancer as a target group.
- Monitoring application infrastructure, security, and performance, enabling CloudWatch and CloudTrail.
- Analyzing the CloudWatch metrics on compute, storage and network resources to ensure the cost-efficient usage. Reporting the idle or saturated usage and taking actions accordingly.
- Creating CloudWatch alarms with SNS topics and subscribers.
- Creating S3 Buckets with appropriate permission policy and cost effective and efficient lifecycle.
- Configuring reliable password policy and multi-factor authentication for one extra layer security.
- Creating IAM users, groups and roles with least privilege permission policies.
- Maintaining availability of critical AWS infrastructure.
- Improving operational capabilities of enterprise infrastructure as approved and directed.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Specialist
- Analyzing keywords/Adwords and SEO techniques used by competitors
- Reviewing and analyzing client sites for areas that can be improved and optimized
- Writing effective SEO content for blogs, websites and social media accounts
- Requirement analysis, customizing ServiceNow Modules Incident, Problem, Change, Service Catalog.
- Configuration of ServiceNow platform which includes form layout changes, reports, user administration and notifications.
- Creating workflows for end-to-end service provisioning
- Coordinating with teams on day to day activities for status and reporting
- Lead discussions of continuous improvements and problem management, working collaboratively with all IT teams and project managers.
- Manage EUC Projects - Hardware/Software Life Cycle Management, managing milestones/plans, resources, risks, status reporting, service levels, consultant assignments, and project deliverable and timelines
- Manage IT Service Center/Help Desk - Prioritization and response to all incident/service requests. These duties also include operating IT service management processes (incident, change) using ITSM tool ServiceNow and reporting SLA/Metrics
- Manage Desktop Services - EUC hardware and associated software (PC images, Microsoft office, business applications, etc). These duties also include new deployments/releases, upgrades, re-location, security patching, and maintenance/repairs. Mobile Device Management using Intune Company Portal and O365