- Expertise at Windows Azure in a .NET stack of technologies , Proficient in Windows Azure deployments, incident management, production support for Azure components, IIS/SQL server, IT maintenance and administration, Project Management, PowerShell scripting , live site incident management.
- Expert in several Azure services like Compute ( Worker Roles, Web Roles), Caching, Azure SQL , NoSQL , Storage , and Network services , Azure Active Directory, API Management, Scheduling , Azure Autoscaling , PowerShell Automation , Azure Virtual Machines , Azure search , Azure DNS , gateway of Azure VPN .
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues for customers to a great extend focused around Azure VMs, Azure App Services, Azure SQL Databases, Application Gateways, VPN Gateways, Azure AD, and Azure migrations
- Competent in various Azure services like Compute (Worker Roles, Web Roles), Azure Web sites, Caching, SQL Azure, NoSQL, Storage, Network services, Azure Active Directory, API Management, Scheduling, Auto Scaling, and PowerShell Automation.
- Hands on experience on Azure VPN - Point to Site, Virtual networks, Azure Custom security, end security and firewall. Used Azure Express Route to set up a private connection to Microsoft cloud services such as a Microsoft Azure , Office 365, and Dynamic 365.
- Experience on AWS , focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling using Terraform templates, Along with (CI/CD) with AWS Lambda and AWS Code Pipeline .
- Experience in Infrastructure on AWS using IAM, API Gateway, CloudTrail, Cloud Watch, Amazon Simple Queue Service (Amazon SQS), AWS Kinesis, Lambda, NACL, Elastic Beanstalk, Redshift, and CloudFormation.
- Automated the cloud deployment using Chef, Python and AWS Cloud Formation Templates and used Chef for unattended bootstrapping in AWS. Restoring existing manual deployment and management processes with Chef and AWS OpsWork stacks.
- Experienced in both framework and CloudFormation to automate AWS environment creation through the ability to deployment on AWS , using build scripts ( AWS CLI) and automate solutions using Shell and Python .
- Experience with PCF Blob store for storing and managing Application code packages & Build packs and used PCF CLI for deploying applications and other CF management activities. Competence in building Private Cloud Infrastructure of OpenStack and deployed Nagios to monitor and notifying health checks for Nova, Neutron, Keystone, Swift, Glance.
- Hands on expertise in working Splunk to analyze & visualize the servers by obtaining the huge volume of data logs. Worked in the agile environment of JIRA refactoring existing components & widgets to keep in sync with the emerging trends of AEM.
- Expertise in Clusters using Kubernetes and worked on creating many pods, replication controllers, services, deployments, labels, health checks. Proficient knowledge with Mesos providing the fine-grained resource allocations for pods across nodes in a cluster.
- Good knowledge in using OpenShift for container orchestration with Kubernetes , container storage, automation, to enhance container platform of multi-tenancy. Experience with PCF, OpenShift, Kubernetes architecture and design, troubleshooting issues and multi-regional deployment models and patterns for large-scale applications.
- Proficient with container systems like Docker and container orchestration like EC2 Container Service, Kubernetes, worked with Terraform. Managed Docker orchestration and Docker containerization using Kubernetes.
- Experience on Vagrant, AWS and Kubernetes based container deployments to create self-environments for dev teams and containerization of env’s delivery for releases.
- Expertise with Docker images using a Docker file, worked on container snapshots, removing Images and managing Docker volumes. Orchestration of Docker images and Containers using Kubernetes by creating master and node.
- Container management using Docker by writing Docker files and set up the automated build on Docker HUB and installed and configured Kubernetes.
- Experience on Ansible and Ansible Tower to automate repetitive tasks, to deploy critical applications quickly, and proactively manage the changes and wrote many playbooks to manage Web applications. Experience in installing and configuring the Ansible management node to deploy the configuration to the end user nodes.
- Authored Playbooks in Ansible using YAML scripting and Manifests in Puppet using DSL to provision Nginx, Apache Spark, Apache Web servers, Tomcat servers. And custom modules with Ansible Playbooks to automate in AWS services like Launching EC2, Provisioning IAM, Configuring VPC.
- Experience in managing the repository manager like Nexus for the Maven builds. Integrated Maven with Jenkins by which the Surefire test reports and Javadoc produced by Maven are captured and to build parallel modules.
- Expertise in Build and Release Management with Jenkins, ANT, Maven, SVN, Junit etc. Extensively worked on Jenkins for continuous integration (CI) and for End to End automation for all build and deployments. And Worked with Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins.
- Experience with CI (Continuous Integration) and CD (Continuous Deployment) methodologies using Jenkins/ Hudson. Worked with multiple DevOps methodologies and tools Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Delivery tools (Jenkins) Infrastructure.
- Administered and Implemented CI tools Hudson and Jenkins for automated builds. Strong experience utilizing Build Forge and Jenkins for enterprise scale infrastructure configuration and application deployments.
- In-depth knowledge of computer applications and scripting like Shell, Ruby, Groovy, Python, Perl, and XML . Utilized MySQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB and Elastic cache to perform essential database administration.
- Worked on Linux server virtualization by creating Linux VMs for server consolidations. Configuration and administration of VMware ESXI, vCenter, vSphere Client and Linux / Windows clients
- Configure EMULEX/QLOGIC mezzanine HBA on BL460c to boot from SAN to run Red Hat Enterprise Linux or ESXi as the primary Operating System.
- Experience installing and developing on ELK. Used Elasticsearch for powering not only Search but using ELK stack for logging and monitoring our systems end to end Using Beats. Responsible to designing and deploying new ELK clusters (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, beats, Kafka, zookeeper etc.
- Hands on experience in writing Terraform API modules to manage infrastructure, for automatic creation of RDS instances, VPCs, Autoscaling groups, Load balancers, SQS, S3 buckets
- Experience in Setting up the build and deployment automation for Terraform scripts using Jenkins. Provisioned the highly available EC2 Instances using Terraform and cloud formation and wrote new plugins to support new functionality in Terraform.
Cloud: Azure, AWS. GCP, Open Stack, PCF
Configuration Management tools: Ansible, Chef, Puppet
CI/CD & Build Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo, ANT, Maven
Version Control tools: GIT, Subversion
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, SPLUNK, ELK, New Relic, Graylog, Graphene, Zabbix.
Languages: C, C++, JAVA, J2EE
Databases: MySQL, NoSQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Elasticache.
Application servers: Web Logic Application Server 8.x, 9.x, 10.x, Apache Tomcat 5.x/7.x, Red Hat JBOSS 4.22.GA, WebSphere /4.x/5.x6.x/7.x/8.x, Web Logic (8/9/10) & SAMBA
Containers Tools: Docker, Docker Compose, Docker swarm, Docker Mesos, Kubernetes
Operating Systems: Linux (Red Hat 4/5/6/7, CENTOS & SUSE), Solaris 11/10/9, HP-UX 11.23, 11.31, (4.3/5.x/6.x/7.x), Ubuntu 12/13/14, Windows NT /2000/2003, DEBIAN.
Scripting Languages: Python, Ruby, Perl, PHP, Bash, Power shell.
Virtualization Tools: VMware, Windows Hyper-V, Virtual box, Vagrant, Citrix Xen.
Atlassian Tools: JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo.
Networking/Protocol: TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, DNS, DHCP, Cisco Routers/Switches, WAN, SMTP, LAN, FTP/TFTP, SAMBA
Volume Manager: VERITAS Volume Manager, Solaris Volume Manager, veritas with Linux.
Sr. Azure DevOps Engineer
- Configured Azure Virtual Networks , subnets, DHCP address blocks, Azure network settings, DNS settings, security policies and routing. Also, deployed Azure IaaS virtual machines and Cloud services (PaaS role instances) into secure Virtual Networks and subnets.
- Design and implement scenarios using Azure QuickStart Templates, create Azure Managed Apps, Microsoft Azure Compute infrastructure and networking, Azure Active Directory, Azure Data Storage and Azure Data Access Strategy, Web Apps applications that use mobile services and notifications to design advanced applications.
- Managed Azure Infrastructure, Azure Web Roles, Worker Roles, SQL Azure, Azure Storage, Azure AD Licenses, Office365 . Virtual Machine Backup and Recover from a Recovery Services Vault using Azure PowerShell and Portal.
- Used Azure Terraform to deploy the Azure infrastructure necessary to create development, test, and production environments for a software development project.
- Expertise in Azure IaaS virtual machines (VMs) and Azure Cloud services ( PaaS role instances) into secure VNets and subnets , designed VNets and subscriptions to conform to Azure Network Limits.
- Work on Nagios and ELK for server monitoring, also used Net Scalar and monitoring tools like Nagios for Load Balancing and Controlling Flow of Traffic.
- Built and managed a highly available monitoring infrastructure to monitor different application servers and its components using Nagios with Puppet automation. Involved in editing the existing ANT files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Worked with Spinnaker for Continuous Deployment with Kubernetes. And used OpenShift for container orchestration with Kubernetes, Container Storage, automation, to enhance container platform multi-tenancy.
- Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm. Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest files and managed releases of Helm packages. Established a local dev workflow that centered around minikube to validate deployments in Kubernetes.
- Configured applications that run multi-container Docker applications by utilizing the Docker -Compose tool which uses a file configured in YAML format. Used Kubernetes to manage containerized applications using its nodes, Config-Maps, selector, Services and deployed application containers as Pods .
- Designed strategies for optimizing all aspect of the continuous integration, release and deployment processes using container and virtualization techniques like Docker and Kubernetes . Built Docker containers using microservices project and deploy to Dev
- Setting up Kubernetes (k8s) Clusters for running microservices and Pushed microservices into production with Kubernetes backed Infrastructure. Development of automation of Kubernetes clusters via playbooks in AWS .
- Experience working on several Docker components such as Docker Engine, Machine, Creating Docker Images, Compose, Docker Hub and handling multiple images for middleware installations and domain configuration.
- Worked on Docker and Ansible in build automation pipeline and Continuous Deployment of code using Jenkins and wrote Playbooks to automate Ansible servers using YAML scripting and Developed an Ansible role for Zabbix-agent which will be integrated into the to the CICD pipeline.
- Worked on Docker Container snapshots, attaching to a running container, removing images, managing directory structures and managing containers. Composed the Docker file to build the Docker image and configured the Build step. Docker Build and publish in Jenkins to execute the Docker Build step.
- Provided POC's to provision the AWS infrastructure using Ansible playbooks which includes checking the health status, monitoring & gathering facts about the EC2-instances, ELB, Auto Scaling groups & other resources.
- Used Ansible and Ansible Tower as configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, deploy applications and manage changes and automate software update and verify functionality.
- Configured Automation with Centralized Management using Ansible and Cobbler . Implemented Ansible to manage existing servers to automate the build/configuration of new servers.
- Wrote Ansible playbooks, inventories, created custom playbooks written in YAML language, encrypted the data using Ansible Vault and maintained role-based access control by using Ansible Tower. Use Ansible, Jenkins, Git , for implementing.
- Continuous Integration using Jenkins and troubleshoot the deployment build issues using the triggered logs. Implemented auto environment creation using Ansible and Azure
- Automated the continuous integration and deployments using Jenkins.
- Built end to end CI/CD Pipelines in Jenkins to retrieve code, compile applications, perform tests and push build artifacts to Nexus.
- Automated webserver content deployments via shell scripts.
- Proficient with Shell, Bash, Python, PowerShell, YAML, Ruby and Perl scripting languages for automation, monitoring. Created Azure PowerShell script for APIM backup and restore operations.
- Created several SQL scripts as part of bug fixes to provide immediate solutions for some of the common issues on Windows machines. Created Shell and Python Scripts to automate creation of AMI’s through preboot and bootstrapping techniques. Developed automated processes that run daily to check disk usage and perform cleanup of file systems on LINUX environments using shell scripting.
- Defined and managed release planning and branching strategy of GIT servers. Also, helped educate engineering community on the appropriate use of GIT .
- Experience in JIRA for ticketing and as well as defect tracking system and configure various workflows, customizations and plug-ins for JIRA bug/issue tracker, integrated Jenkins with JIRA, GitHub, Maven, Azure.
Environment: RedHat Linux 7.x, CentOS 5.x, 6.x, 7, AWS, Azure, Azure templates, Azure Arti crafts, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF), Elasticsearch, Logstash & Kibana (ELK), Chef, Maven, Jenkins, Ruby, Shell, TFS, JIRA, Python, Oracle, WebLogic Server 11g, Apache Tomcat, Apache Mesos, Docker, Kubernetes, Virtualization, Apache HTTP server, Nginx, Nexus, Java, .Net, LDAP, JDK1.7, GitHub.
Sr. AWS DevOps Engineer
- Architected and configured hosting infrastructure in AWS, this includes configuration of Hybrid cloud environment, connecting on Premise data center to AWS VPC's using Redundant AWS direct connect , configured Secure VPN connection with subsidiary companies
- Developed CloudFormation scripts to build, change and version infrastructure as code using AWS as provider and launch multi-tiered stack to be provisioned and configured with the scripts
- Expertise in Configuring and networking of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Writing Cloud Formation templates and deploying AWS resources using it. Managing AWS Infra and automation with CLI, API.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates
- DevOps role converting existing AWS infrastructure to Server-less architecture ( AWS Lambda, Kinesis) deployed via AWS CloudFormation template and Terraform.
- Implemented AWS client API to interact with different services as Console configuration for AWS EC2. Used AWS Lambda to manage the servers and run the code in the AWS.
- Implemented a production ready, load balanced, highly available, fault tolerant, auto scaling Kubernetes AWS infrastructure and microservice container orchestration
- Virtualized the servers on AWS using the Docker, create the Docker files and version control to achieve Continuous Delivery goal on high scalable environment, used Docker coupled with load-balancing tool Nginx
- Worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes and for branching purpose
- Provisioning and Configuring the Docker containers and creating Docker files for different environments.
- Written Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of Azure Nodes and Test Playbooks on Azure instances using Python SDK and Automated various infrastructure activities like continuous deployment, application server setup, stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks .
- Configuration Automation and Centralized Management with Ansible and Cobbler . Implemented Ansible to manage existing servers and automate the build/configuration of new servers.
- Implemented Continuous Integration and Continuous deployment using various CI Tools like Jenkins , Hudson , Nexus.
- Expertise in the Jenkins plugin management areas and implemented several CI/CD plugins like AWS ec2, build pipeline, Docker, Git, Junit and Pipeline plugins.
- Experienced in creating custom Build & Deployment automation solutions in scripting languages including Python, Shell, UNIX shell, Ruby, Perl and PowerShell . I have worked and administered artifact tools including Nexus and Artifactory.
- Creating and branching and merging strategy with multiple branches and used Git as source code management repository to keep track of version changes.
- Configured JIRA workflows according to the needs to the CM team and integrated the project management features of with the build and release process.
- Used ELK for monitoring the application-level metrics as well as system-level metrics.
- Implemented a centralized logging system using log stash configured as an ELK stack (Elastic search,
- Log stash, and Kibana) to monitor system logs, VPC Flow logs, Cloud Trail Events, changes in S3 etc.
- Served the ELK stack community with use cases and Logstash plugin and deployed applications using
- Jenkins server and Troubleshoot build & release job failures, resolve, work with developers on resolution.
Environment: AWS, Puppet, Kubernetes, Docker, Bamboo, Splunk, ANT, SVN, Nginx, JIRA