- Advanced degrees in Computer Science and Information Technologies with emphasis in security.
- Excellent communication; manages stakeholders and customers effectively
- Collaborative Team Player or Collaborative Leader
- Experience in analysis, design and development of enterprise messaging system, email and VOIP functionality.
- Saved thousands of hours by implementing automation for system health - checks, email, paging and phone call notification and creating scripts to automate and facilitate mainframe to LAN communications.
- Exchange specialist responsible for designing and implementing a new Exchange farms, and colocations with existing instances running on various versions.
- Planned the initial infrastructure of a new medium Exchange server farm consisting in 6 servers.
- Assisted multiple clients in performance tuning their environments
- Administering, Installing, troubleshooting, operating, testing, configuring and migrating messaging technologies.
- Complete experience in ITIL process/Incident Management.
- Provided On-Premise solutions with main focus on Azure, Exchange Online and Office 365 coexistence and migration.
- Deployed and implemented the different roles in the Microsoft Exchange environment: Edge transport, Mailbox, CAS array, Hub transport and unified messaging.
- Experience working on a cross functional team with formal Architecture & Design methodology framework
- Designed, configured, implemented and maintained an enterprise messaging environment including Office 365, Exchange 2013and Lync.
- Architectural Design of Hybrid SharePoint environment including 2010, 2013, Office365 instances in a cloud and on-premises environments.
- Used BPA, Exchange calculator, and PowerShell to calculate metrics to scale environment from three to five to accommodate expansion of users.
- Developed transition plan, resources, timeline, and plan of action with team members and business management to finalize plans.
Microsoft Skills: Active Directory, AD DS, DirSync, Azure ADConnect, ADAM, AD LDS, Active Directory Schema, PowerShell Scripting, Active Directory Administration, Task Automation and Migration mailbox moves with PowerShell
Exchange Server: Exchange 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, and Exchange Online
Windows Server: Windows Server 2003/R2, and 2008, 2008/R2, Windows Server 2012, 2012/R2
Linux Server: Unix, Linux, Red Hat, Oracle, Ubuntu
Virtualization: HyperV, VMWare/VSphere, VirtualBox, Virtual Machine
Databases: Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server
Programming Languages: C++, Java, VB 6.0, VB. Net, C# (C-sharp), SQL
Software Packages: Apache HTTP server (XAMPP), Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Exchange Skills: Database Availability Group (DAG) DAC Mode, CAS Array, Hub Transport Server, Continuous Cluster Replication (CCR), Standby Cluster Replication (SCR), Local Copy Replication (LCR), Exchange management console (EMC), Outlook Web App (OWA), Transport pipeline, Managed Availability, Exchange Online Protection (EOP), Exchange Admin Center (EAC), Outlook Web App (OWA)/Outlook On the Web (OOTW) for 2016, High availability, Resiliency
Office 365 Skills: Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS), DirSync, Azure AD Connect
Development Tools: Git, SVN, GitHub, SourceTree, Tower, BaseCamp
Development Process: Agile SCRUM
Quality Testing, Debugging and Issue Tracking: JIRA, Jenkins, TestFlight, Test Driven Development, TDD, Unit Testing, XCTest (framework), Automated Testing, Jenkins, Continuous Integration
Web Services: REST, SOAP, Reachability, URLSession, NSJSONSerialization, NSXMLSerialization, JSON, Rest, SOAP, XML
- Added, Modified, disabled users in AD Coordinate architecture solutions to meet senior level expectations for both client and/or partners.
- Created a new Exchange server for redundancy/HA.
- Perform patching on Windows Exchange Servers 2012, 2016.
- Installed and configured Exchange version 2016 and O365.
- Installed an Exchange Server 2016 Database Availability Group.
- Created Knowledge base (KB) documentation for the company for procedural orientation and organization.
- Worked within Exchange and managed mail contacts to display in the GAL.
- Wrote professional scripts for the company’s continued use.
- Wrote query AD for Distribution Lists (dl’s).
- Worked with third-party tools like Quest Migration tool to perform migrations.
- Effective communications to every stakeholder in the company verbally and written.
- Performed Hybrid Migration with 10k users to Exchange 2016 and Office 365.
- Developed a tool to automate Outlook Configuration for users whose mailboxes were migrated from On Premises to Exchange - with the help of .Net Developer.
- Prepared Knowledge Base articles and SOPs for configuring Outlook and addressing frequent issues in the Outlook Client.
- Assisted the L1 and L2 Support teams to help improve their troubleshooting acumen.
- Suggest, Design and Implement changes to the existing email infrastructure systems to improve productivity and business continuity throughout the organization.
- Provide second and third level technical support for both PC and Mac Outlook clients.
- Work closely with the Service Desk and other support personnel regarding Windows and Outlook related issues.
Microsoft Active Directory and Messaging Administrator
- Active Directory (AD) and Messaging Administrator using PowerShell, Active Directory (AD) and/or Office 365 GUI.
- Added, Modified, disabled users in Active Directory (AD).
- Maintained, created, deleted Organizational Units (OU) in Active Directory (AD).
- Developed a tool to allow Helpdesk personnel to create new User account in Active Directory (AD).
- Assigned and removed Office 365 licenses.
- Developed PowerShell script to automate 0ffice 365 license assignment for new user.
- Developed PowerShell script to regain Office 365 license which have not been used in a predetermine timeframe.
- Configured and maintained DNS records as needed.
- Configured and maintained Office 365 MX records.
- Configured and maintained Office 365 Exchange connectors.
- Monitored and configured rules in our messaging end point - Proofpoint.
- Investigated and fixed messaging issues using Office 365 Message Trace.
- Recovered lost e-mail messages using eDiscovery.
Environment: Office 365, Active Directory, Windows Server 2012 R2
Exchange Office 365 Architect
- Evaluated the existing environment consisting of a forest of 6 farms with Exchange 2007/2010 coexistence of approximately 120 Exchange 2010/2007 servers.
- Analyzed existing configurations for on-premises Exchange, ADFS, MDM & Office 365.
- Architect a new hybrid environment consisting of Exchange 2016 and Office 365 cloud, scaled using the Exchange calculator tool.
- Planned a phased migration from the Exchange 2007/2010 on premises coexistence to Exchange 2016 Online/Office 365 was implemented in phases, using Exchange 2010 hybrid servers in the migration.
- Responsible for providing and documenting the environment assessment, solution, design and implementation.
- Scaled-out existing infrastructure for Hybrid and ADFS, and provided inputs for the network express route bandwidth requirement to the network team.
- Configured coexistence for Public folder accessibility between Exchange on premise and Office 365.
- Established and configured UM capabilities and migrated users with voicemail established on Cisco Unity Connection, Unified Messaging Platform, to Office 365 mimicking with same functionality.
- Developed a solution for syncing dynamic distribution group lists on Office 365.
- Designed a variety of Exchange Online shell batching, migration, and reporting scripts.
- Developed technical documentation on how to create mailboxes and contacts (mail enabled objects).
- Configured Alert Logic solution to capture Office 365 security alerts and integrate the feeds to log collection services per Office 365 product capability.
- Reviewed email phishing/blocking rules to block malicious inbound email and provided guidance and recommendations as per Office 365 product capability.
- Assessed alerting capabilities for large senders (outbound phishing) in Office 365 and provide recommendations and guidance on best practices per Office 365 product capability.
- Provided recommendations and guidance on best practices for implementing DMARC and DKIM per Office 365 product capability.
- Instructed and advised on litigation hold and eDiscovery capabilities within Office 365.
- Performed validation of tenant configurations and required domains to Office 365.
- Provided consultation for AD account remediation as reported by IDFIX.
- Coordinated with network security team to open required ports/URLs through Firewalls.
- Provided L3 escalation and hyper-support as well as documentation and training for technical staff.
Environment: Active Directory (AD), Office 365, Cisco Unity Connection, Unified Messaging Platform