- Over 8 years of professional experience in IT industry comprising of Linux Administration, Build and Release, DevOps and AWS Cloud Services that includes principles with keeping up Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment in various environments like (DEV/TEST/STAGE and PROD). Certified Kubernetes administrator(CKA).
- Experience in AWS Cloud IaaS stage with components VPC, ELB, Auto - Scaling, EBS, AMI, EMR, Kinesis, Lambda, Cloud Formation template, Cloud Front, CloudTrail, ELK Stack, Elastic Beanstalk, CloudWatch and DynamoDB
- Experience in maintaining the user accounts (IAM), RDS, Route53, VPC, RDS, Dynamo DB and SNS services in AWS cloud
- Involved in designing and deploying multitude applications utilizing almost all the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, Maria DB, SNS, SQS, IAM) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and Auto scaling in AWS CloudFormation
- Designed AWS CloudFormation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates
- Hands on experience in S3 buckets and managed policies for S3 buckets and utilized S3 Buckets and Glacier for storage, backup and archived in AWS and in setting up and maintenance of Auto-Scaling AWS stacks.
- Expertise in creating functions and assigning roles in AWS Lambda to run python scripts.
- Expertise in testing and automation tools like Selenium, Junit Framework and Cucumber.
- Designed high availability environment for Application servers and database servers on EC2 by using ELB and Auto-scaling. Installed application on AWS EC2 instances and configured the storage on S3 buckets
- Designed, Architected and implemented the Platform as a service built for Multi-tenant platform within the Hybrid cloud infrastructure within AWS and GCP.
- Monitored and managed the cloud infrastructure within AWS and Google cloud infrastructure. Configured the AWS DNS to route the traffic between AWS and GCP configured each tenant on the platform.
- Experience in Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT, Bitbucket and Subversion (SVN) on windows and Linux platforms
- Expertise in developing build and deployment scripts using Maven (pom.xml) as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments
- Extensively worked on Jenkins for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments
- Worked in DevOps group running Jenkins in a Docker container with EC2 slaves in Amazon AWS Cloud configuration. Also, gain familiarity with surrounding technologies such as Mesos (Mesosphere) and Kubernetes
- Worked in Provisioning AWS Infrastructure using Terraform scripts from Jenkins
- Hands on in using Bamboo modules such as BuildCompleteAction, BuildPlanDefinition, and Administration configuration.
- Experience in Automating, Configuring and Deploying Instances on Azure environments and in Data centers and migrating on premise to Windows Azure using Azure Site Recovery and Azure backups.
- Experience in Designing AZURE Resource Manager (ARM) templates and extensive experience in designing custom build steps using PowerShell.
- Extensive hands on experience with recipes, cookbooks for applying across multiple nodes with chef with templates, roles, knife plugins, chef supermarket and deploying nodes in production environment
- Experience in Writing Chef Cookbooks and Recipes to automate our build/deployment process and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes
- Proficient in Writing Terraform templates, Chef Cookbooks, recipes and pushed them onto Chef Server for configuring EC2 Instances
- Analyzing in working with Ansible, wrote many playbooks to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points and Packages
- Experience in writing Ansible Playbooks and Puppet Manifests to provision Apache Web servers, Tomcat servers, Nginx, Apache Spark and other applications
- Expert in Chef/Puppet as Configuration management tool, to automate the repetitive tasks, quickly deploy critical applications, and enthusiastically managed the changes
- Experienced in keeping up and looking Confidential log archives using monitoring tools like Nagios, Splunk, CloudWatch, ELK Stack, Dyntrace, New Relic and App Dynamics
- Experience in working with cluster management and orchestration features embedded in Docker Engine which is built using Swarm Kit and worked on creation of custom Docker container images, tagging, pushing the images and Dockers consoles for managing the application of life cycle
- Extensively used Docker/Kubernetes for containerization, virtualization, Ship, Run and Deploy the application securely to fasten Build/Release Engineering
- Excellent knowledge of Linux including CentOS, RedHat, Ubuntu, Debian, configuration and administration of Red Hat Virtual machines in VMware Environment
- Working Knowledge on databases like MySQL, RDS, DynamoDB and MongoDB
- Experienced in Administration, Support, Performance Tuning, Migration and Maintenance of Servers
Operating Systems: Linux (RedHat, Ubuntu, CentOS), Windows, MAC
Build/Automation Tools: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, SaltStack, Jenkins, Maven, Ant, Bamboo, Team cityBuild Forge, Gradle, TFS, MSBuild, Udeploy
Cloud Technologies: AWS, Openstack, Azure
Languages: Shell, Bash, Perl, Python, Groovy, .Net
Database System: MySQL, IBM DB2, Dynamo DB.
Web/App Server: Apache, IIS, HIS, Tomcat, WebSphere Application Server, WebLogic, Jbos
Version Control Tools: GIT, Subversion, Bit Bucket, CVS, Serena, Clear Case
Web Technologies/: Programming Languages
Virtualization Tools: VMWare, Power VM, Virtual box, V Centre, Vsphere, weblogic
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Cloud Watch, Splunk, ELK, PagerDuty, Dyntrace
Sr DevOps/Cloud Engineer
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources VPC, EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, EMR and RDS in Cloud Formation templates, Amazon ECR.
- Implemented several Continuous Delivery Pipelines for different products using Jenkins, Go-CD and Bamboo.
- Set up build pipelines in Jenkins by using various plugins like Maven plugin, EC2 plugin, Docker, Terraform, JDK etc.
- Built and Implemented collaborative development environment using GIT, GitHub and Integrated it with Jenkins.
- Set up Jenkins master and added the necessary plugins and adding more slaves to support scalability and Agility.
- Experience with build tools Ant and Maven for writing build.xmls and pom.xmls respectively.
- Created and maintained various DevOps related tools for the team such as provisioning scripts, deployment Tools and staged virtual environments using Docker and Vagrant.
- Responsible for ensuring Continuous Delivery/Continuous Integration across all environments from UAT/TEST to Pre-Production and Production using Jenkins and TeamCity, Concourse.
- Configured and worked on static code quality and coverage tools like Sonar Qube.
- Onboard numerous applications into Sonar Qube and help maintain the Sonar Qube installation.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Created custom monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch.
- Configured and administered GitHub Enterprise in AWS with High Availability(HA) enabled and handled
- Maintained branches/forks in GitHub version control for the changes made in cookbooks as per release
- Extensively used Docker for virtualization, Ship, Run and Deploy the application securely to fasten Build/Release Engineering.
- Worked on Docker and Vagrant for different infrastructure setup and testing of code.
- Hands-on Experience in the design, implementation, and support of automated containerized infrastructure (Docker), leveraging continuous integration and continuous delivery processes for service development, and Cluster/monitoring/ for infrastructure service deployment and administration
- Evaluated Kubernetes for Docker container orchestration.
- Used Maven dependency management system to deploy snapshot releases and release artifacts to nexus to share artifacts across the projects.
- Used Build tools like maven for building and deploying artifacts such as WAR from source code.
- Setup Custom Service, job Scheduler, and set repetitions options using Playbooks in Ansible.
- Performed Health checks for applications before moving to production.
- Configured and managed Jenkins and Deploy for continuous Integration and end to end automation for all the build and deployments.
- Created and maintained build related scripts developed in ANT and Python and worked with development team to migrate Ant scripts to Maven.
- Rolled out Ansible automation and wrote playbooks and plays to update configurations of network services.
- Created S3 backups using versioning enable and moved objects to Amazon Glacier for archiving purpose.
- Participated in weekly release meetings with Technology stakeholders, identify and mitigate potential risks associated with the releases.
- Developed test scripts using groovy for data driven testing of SOAP and REST Web service using SOAP UI.
- Experience on Groovy Scripts for Web Service API Testing. Experience testing security products a plus.
- Experience in automating Application Server Tomcat, JBOSS and WebLogic using Ansible.
- Experience in Automating Microsoft SQL server 2014 using PowerShell on Windows Machine 2012 R2.
- Perform Upgrades for Team Foundation Server and help migrate to Team Services
- Experience providing Continuous Integration/Delivery solutions (Jenkins, Maven and UDeploy)
- Documented Rest API using Swagger Tool. Implemented, Developed and Deployed Java Micro services on aws cloud.
- Creating the build definitions for various applications using MS Build. Installed MS Build extension pack and Team Foundation Power Tools.
- Implemented Team Foundation Server TFS as Version Management for Microsoft Technologies.
- Experience in automation AWS environment using Terraform.
- Configured AWS Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and Database Subnet Group for isolation of resources within the Amazon RDS MySQL DB cluster, AWS-Dynamo DB and AWS-RedShift.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby, and Docker on familiar servers such as Apache, and IIS.
Environment: s: AWS, Micro services, GitHub, Ansible, Jenkins, Bamboo, Tomcat, Apache, Python, Maven, Linux, Docker, Vagrant, Kubernetes, SonarQube, Jboss, WebLogic, Apache, Team city, GitHub, JIRA, RPM, KANBAN,, Elastic Search, Log stash, Splunk, AWS RedShift, Oracle, MS BUILD, TFS, Concourse, Circle CI, Groovy.
Cloud DevOps Engineer
- Utilized Cloud Watch to monitor resources such as EC2, CPU memory, Amazon RDS DB services, DynamoDB tables, EBS volumes; to set alarms for notification or automated actions; and to monitor logs for a better understanding and operation of the system
- Involved in High Availability and secure AWS cloud infrastructure using Chef with AWS cloud Formation and Jenkins for continuous Integration.
- Expert in Cloud Technologies like Amazon Web Services (AWS) VPC, EC2, Cloud formation, S3, IAM, RDS, Route 53, Cloud Watch, Dynamo DB and Elastic cache.
- Working experience of installing Chef Server and managing multiple nodes using Chef.
- Developed Chef Cookbooks and Recipes to manage system configuration.
- Worked in setting up Chef Infrastructure, Chef Repo and Chef Nodes.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize & optimize product configuration.
- Involved in Setting up Chef Workstation, boot strapping various enterprise nodes, setting up keys
- Maintained branches/forks in GitHub version control for the changes made in cookbooks as per release
- Implemented Chef Recipes for Deployment of build on internal Data Centre Servers and re-used and
- Modified same Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
- Excellent working knowledge in configuring multiple WebLogic domains including machines, manage servers and cluster environments Extensively worked on Hudson, Jenkins, Bamboo, Build Forge for continuous integration (CI) and for End-to-End automation for all build and deployments
- Configuring various jobs in Jenkins & Hudson for deployment of Java based applications and running test suites
- Collaborated in the automation of AWS infrastructure via terraform and Jenkins - software and service Configuration via chef cookbooks.
- Installed and configured Jenkins for Automating Deployments and providing an automation solution.
- Integrated Subversion into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in shell for Maven builds. Created and modified build configuration files including POM.xml
- Valuable experience in converting build.xml into pom.xml to build the applications using MAVEN.
- Performed backup and administration activities for SVN/GIT branching, merging, tagging.
- Assisted developers with establishing and applying branching, labeling conventions using GIT source control
- Create automation and deployment templates for relational and NoSQL databases including MySQL, Cassandra and MongoDB in AWS. Managing Cluster nodes for Physical issues and escalating issues to respective vendors.
Environment: AWS, Linux (RedHat, CentOS, Ubuntu), OpenStack, chef, Kubernetes, Bamboo, Docker, Jenkins, Maven, Git.
AWS DevOps Engineer
Confidential - Ashburn, VA
- Architected and configured hosting infrastructure in AWS, this includes configuration of Hybrid cloud environment, connecting on Premise data center to AWS VPC's using Redundant AWS direct connect
- Developed CloudFormation scripts to build, change and version infrastructure as code using AWS as provider and launch multi-tiered stack to be provisioned and configured with the scripts
- Expertise in Configuring and networking of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Writing Cloud Formation templates and deploying AWS resources using it
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates
- DevOps role converting existing AWS infrastructure to Server-less architecture (AWS Lambda, Kinesis) deployed via AWS CloudFormation template and terraform
- Integration with Splunk for API traffic monitoring and health checks Installed and configured an automated tool Puppet that included the installation and configuration of the Puppet master, agent nodes and an admin control workstation
- Used Puppet server and workstation to manage and configure nodes, virtual instances and disks
- Experience in writing Puppet manifests to automate configuration of a broad range of services
- Automated Linux production server's setup using Puppet scripts. Used these scripts to replicate production build environments on a local dev boxes using Vagrant and Virtual Box.
- Implemented Infrastructure automation through Ansible for auto provisioning, code deployments, software installation and configuration updates.
- Virtualized the servers on AWS using the Docker, create the Docker files and version control to achieve Continuous Delivery goal on high scalable environment, used Docker coupled with load-balancing tool Nginx
- Implemented a production ready, load balanced, highly available, fault tolerant, auto scaling Kubernetes AWS infrastructure and microservice container orchestration
- Integrated Notification Condition Module with Atlassian Bamboo to add new notification condition.
- Configured Administration Configuration for storing Atlassian Bamboo's system-wide properties such as the default URL, instance name, global variables and System Properties.
- Configured BuildPlanDefinition interface to encapsulate all information required to execute a Bamboo build plan.
- Installed Apache Ant build tool and specified dependency jars in Apache Ant path required for running Apache Ant build process.
- Defined Apache Ant targets, tasks such as Archive tasks, file tasks and properties in the project for performing build process.
- Monitored Apache Ant build process using Apache Ant Listeners such as Log4JListener and Apache Ant Loggers such as Default Logger, Mail Logger.
- Updating the SVN log properties for revisions. Setting up the SVN synchronizes servers, changed rev properties for SVN sync.
- Analyze and resolve conflicts related to merging of source code for SVN
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into SVN Provided end-users training for all SVN, JIRA users to effectively use the tool.
- Worked on Nginx webserver and maintained access logs, error logs and maintained different vhosts
Environment: AWS, OpenStack, Puppet, Kubernetes, Docker, Bamboo, ANT, SVN, Nginx, JIRA