- 8+ years of experience in IT industry and played multi roles as Linux System Administration, DevOps Engineer, and Automation, Build and Release Engineer
- Extensive experience includes SCM, AWS, DevOps, Build/Release Management and Cloud Management and Containerization.
- Experience in designing, deploying and maintaining various applications utilizing AWS services stack including EC2, S3, EBS, Elastic Beanstalk, Route 53, VPC, Cloud Front, Dynamo DB, Red Shift, RDS, IAM, ECS, ELB, Cloud Formation, SNS, SQS focusing on High Availability, Fault - Tolerance and Auto Scaling.
- Build and configured Virtual data center in AWS cloud to support enterprise including Virtual private cloud (VPC), public and private subnets, security groups, route table, Elastic load balancing and Cloud watch.
- Created Snapshots and AMIs of EC2 instances and moved AMIs to different regions to create cross region Failover, created S3 buckets and managing policies for S3 buckets and glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Experience in assigning infrastructure to an Auto Scaling group to scale-up and scale-down instances during heavy and low traffic and Elastic Load Balancer setup for distributing traffic among multiple servers for high availability.
- Experience in AWS Cloud formation for automating and provisioning of AWS resources like custom sized VPC, NAT subnets, NACLs for deployment of Web application and database templates by creating AWS CloudFormation templates and Terraform and administering stacks by using templates.
- Experienced in using cloud migration tools like Snowball, direct connect for migrating data from on-premises data centers to AWS Cloud and Implemented Terraform modules for deployment of various applications across multiple cloud providers and managing infrastructure.
- Developed Python scripts to take backups of Elastic Block Storage (EBS) volumes using AWS Lambda and Cloud Watch and automate AWS services which include Web servers, ELB, Cloud Front Distribution, Database, Security groups, S3 bucket and application configuration.
- Managed and configured (Amazon Web Services) cloud services like EC2, S3bucket, Security groups, RDS, EBS, ELB, Auto - Scaling, AMI, Elastic search, IAM through AWS Console and API Integration.
- Experience on Azure cloud services (PaaS & IaaS), Azure Web apps, Function Apps, Azure Data Factory & Storage, Azure Resource Manager (ARM), Azure Identity & Access Management, Active Directory, Azure SQL/Cosmos DB, Azure Multi-Factor Authentications, Load Balancing and Application Gateways.
- Used Kubernetes to orchestrate deployment, scaling, clustering and management of containerized applications as Pods, Docker swarm in managing Docker containers and Kubernetes Clusters to support automatic high availability, load balancing, health checking and failover.
- Experienced in using the Docker for virtualization, Ship, Run and Deploy the application securely to fasten the Build/Release Engineering. Virtualized the servers using the Docker for test and dev-environment needs.
- Experienced in automating configuration of hosted environments including Database Administration and scaling an application and support load changes using Ansible and Chef.
- Experience in Working on Chef with Knife commands to manage Nodes, Cookbooks, Chef Recipes, Chef attributes, Chef Templates and extensively used Ruby scripting on Chef Automation for creating cookbooks comprising all resources, templates, attributes.
- Implemented and designed AWS virtual servers using Ansible roles, ensuring deployment of web applications and experience in working with GIT to store the code and integrated it to Ansible Tower to deploy the Playbooks.
- Involved in writing Ansible playbooks for setup and configuration of tools including Jenkins and Artifactory on remote servers using REST API protocol and Created playbooks for deployments and bug fixes with Ansible.
- Automated configuration of infrastructure and deployment of web applications on webservers Apache/httpd and Java on application servers like Tomcat by using Ansible playbooks.
- Used build tools like Maven, Ant and Gradle for building deployable artifacts such as jar, war and ear from source code and Artifactory Repository like Sonatype Nexus for Maven and Ant builds to upload artifacts using Jenkins.
- Experienced in all areas of Jenkins setting up CI for new branches, build automation, plugins installations and management and securing Jenkins and setting up master/slave configurations.
- Experienced in Administration of Production, Development and Test environment's carrying Windows, Ubuntu, and Red Hat Linux, Centos and Solaris servers.
- Extensively worked on monitoring servers using Splunk, Nagios, Cloud watch and ELK Stack.
- Proficient in Querying RDBMSs like Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server and NoSQL Databases MongoDB.
- Developed scripts using PERL and BATCH files for Automation of Activities and builds, multiple Scripting languages like Bash, Python, Ruby, PowerShell.
- Having good knowledge in oops concepts and developing J2EE applications using JSP, servlets.
Source Code Management: SVN, GIT, Bitbucket
Build Tools: Apache ANT, Maven, Gradle
Continuous Integration Tools: TeamCity, Bamboo, Jenkins
Artifact Repository Management Tools: Artifactory, Nexus
Automation /Container Tools: Chef, Ansible, Terraform, Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes
Cloud Providers: AWS, Azure
Bug Tracking Tools: Trello, Atlassian JIRA, Rally, Bugzilla
Monitoring Tools: NAGIOS, Splunk, ELK stack, Cloud watch
Security Tools: Veracode, Qualys
Operating systems: Linux: RHEL 4.x/5.x/6.x/7, CentOS 5.x/6.x/7&Ubuntu 12.x, 14.xWindows 2008/2012, Debian
Databases: Oracle 9i/10g,11g, DB2, SQL Server, Mongo DB
- Created AWS Launch configurations based on customized AMI and use this launch configuration to configure auto scaling groups and Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, DynamoDB, Route53, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups.
- Developed micro services with AWS Lambda and S3 using Java to improvise the performance of the application and managed network security using Security groups and NACLs.
- Configured AWS IAM and Security Group in Public and Private Subnets in VPC and created AWS Route53 to route traffic between different regions and Used CloudFront to deliver content from AWS edge locations to users, allowing for further reduction of load on front-end servers.
- Expertise in solving manual redundant infrastructure issues by creating CloudFormation Templates using AWS's Server less application model and deploy RESTFUL API's using API gateway and triggering Lambda Functions.
- Created, managed and performed container-based deployments using Docker images containing Middleware and Applications together and Evaluated Kubernetes for Docker container orchestration.
- Used Jenkins pipelines to drive all microservices builds out to the Docker registry and deployed on Kubernetes, Created Pods and managed, created private cloud using Kubernetes that supports DEV, TEST, and PROD environments.
- Working with broad range of AWS Cloud Services like EC2, ELB, Glacier, Cloud Front, Code Deploy, Elastic Beanstalk, Auto Scaling, Route53, AMI, SNS, SQS, DynamoDB, Elastic search and Cloudwatch and have in depth practical knowledge on other cloud services.
- Involved in migrating applications from EC2 servers to Docker services for the test and dev-environment needs, configuration and automation using Docker containers. Leveraged Docker Engine to run Multiple Tomcat Instances as Containerized Apps.
- Worked on creating the Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle and experience with container-based deployments using Docker which involves troubleshooting the Docker volume problems, storing the data within containers and Docker networking configuration.
- Managed Ansible Playbooks with Ansible roles. Used file module in Ansible playbook to copy and remove files on remote systems and worked with deploying web application on Apache, Maintained high availability clustered and standalone server environments and refined automation components with configuration management (Ansible).
- Created inventory in Ansible for automating the continuous deployment and wrote playbooks using YAML scripting.
- Configured Apache webserver and Tomcat in the Linux AWS Cloud environment and automatic deployment of applications using Ansible automation.
- Configured and managed environment for QA testers High Performance
- Experience in utilizing Jenkins for enterprise scale infrastructure configuration and application deployments checking out code from GIT and use Maven to build war/jar artifacts and creating pipelines.
- Automated Jenkins jobs checking out code from GIT pushed to Git repository by using Poll SCM, and scheduled jobs as night builds and configured Maven test, compile and build.
- Scheduled users to perform High Performance Computing activities on the Linux cluster.
- Used MAVEN as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code and deployed artifacts into Nexus ((Jar and War file) repository and defined dependencies and plugins in Maven pom.xml for various activities and integrated Maven with GIT to manage and deploy project related tags.
- Monitoring of Application and Servers by using shell/python scripts and Nagios as monitoring tool to identify, resolve infrastructure problems before they affect critical processes and worked on Nagios Event handlers in case of automatic restart of failed applications and services.
- Highly participated in Linux/Ubuntu administration along with other functions managing different server's like Apache/Tomcat and databases such as Oracle, MySQL.
- Participated and contributed effectively in daily stand-up, sprint review, sprint demo and scrum meetings in Agile.
- Worked with JIRA ticket tracking as change management and bug tracking tool.
Environment: EC2, S3, DynamoDB, Route53, EBS, NACL, lambda, IAM, VPC, AMI, Linux, Apache Tomcat, Oracle, Ubuntu, Redhat, SUSE, Code Deploy, Code commit, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Git, Nagios, Maven, Ansible, Jira.
Confidential, Austin, TX
DevOps/ Cloud Engineer
- Creating the automated build and deployment process for application, re-engineering setup for better user experience, and leading up to building a continuous integration system for all our products.
- Involved in repeated working on AWS cloud platform and its features, which include EC2, VPC, AMI, RDS, S3, Route53, IAM, Cloud Formation, Cloud Front and Cloud watch.
- Worked on AWS EC2 Instances creation, setting up AWS VPC, creating AMI’S (Amazon machine images) using VM Import/Export to import virtual machines (VM) images to amazon EC2 as AMI’s, launching AWS EC2 instances with different kind of private and public subnets based on the requirements for each of the applications.
- Used Cloud-watch for monitoring the server’s (AWS EC2 instances) CPU utilization and system memory.
- Building and managed policies for S3 buckets and used S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS and Created and managed an encrypted S3 bucket for all CloudTrail logs Encrypted bucket, and policy to allow MSSP to access the logs.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates in JSON to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to deploy Web applications & database templates.
- Designed roles and groups for new users using AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM), utilized special Security groups, IAM roles, and Authorized and edited policies for different dev and Prod users.
- Implemented a continuous delivery pipeline with Docker for custom application images in the cloud using Jenkins.
- Using the Docker, deployed a new running container, worked on the setup of Docker registry and published all the Docker images to that registry.
- Automated application deployment in the cloud using Docker technology using Elastic Container Service scheduler, created and managed a Docker deployment pipeline for custom application images in the cloud using Jenkins.
- Development of Chef recipes using Ruby Script through Knife command-line tool to create Chef cookbooks to manage systems configuration and developed Chef Cookbooks to manage system configuration and for Tomcat, MySQL, Windows applications and versioned them on GIT repositories and Chef Server.
- Worked on bootstrapping nodes with chef server for on-site application, cookbooks and wrote recipes and uploaded them to chef server to manage on-site application and services.
- Written Chef Cookbooks using Ruby for DB configurations to modularize and optimize product configuration, converting production support scripts to Chef Recipes and AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes.
- Implemented continuous delivery framework using Jenkins in Linux environment, created pipelines for Jenkins jobs integrating with (SCM poll) GIT and Setup GIT on a Linux environment, configured the users with LDAP, created the repository and branching structure for all the applications.
- Worked on creating Jenkins File for various Jenkins jobs using groovy script a DSL (domain specific language) to use them as various workflow scripts for defining CI/CD.
- Good knowledge in Developing Java API to connect with AWS S3 Services for storing and retrieving data Manage configuration of Web App and Deploy to AWS cloud server through Chef.
- Added resources to REST and SOAP APIs to support new features. Assisted with design of REST API for platform automation.
- Developed REST APIs in Spring Boot to consume JSON data and integrated the backend logic with the frontend views.
- Worked with Splunk monitoring using custom monitors, maintaining and adjusting existing monitors and responding to generated requests.
- Release Management and Build Automation with VSTS Developed automation scripts using PowerShell, supporting multiple hosts and VMs for Azure cloud deployments.
- Generated tickets, reports on different bug issues and tickets using JIRA tool.
Environment: Redhat, VMWare, SUSE, EC2, VPC, AMI, RDS, S3, Route53, IAM, Cloud Formation, MySQL, Cloud Front, Cloud watch, lambda, Docker, Chef, Git, Jenkins, Splunk, Jira
- Responsible for migrating from Bamboo to Jenkins as continues integration tool.
- Administer and Maintain Source Code Repositories including GIT, Subversion.
- Created and maintained several build definitions and publish profiles to handle automated builds in an Agile / SCRUM environment.
- Designed and implemented fully automated server build, management, monitoring and deployment solutions spanning multiple platforms, tools and technologies including Jenkins Nodes/Agent, VMWare, Amazon EC2.
- Deployed continues delivery pipeline by using Jenkins, Artifactory, SonarQube, Tomcat, AWS.
- Experienced in programming Ansible Playbooks with Python for system administration, managing configurations of VMware Nodes and testing Playbooks.
- Implement, manage and orchestrate Docker Container Clusters using Kubernetes. Worked on cluster creation for minion/worker in Kubernetes with Helm.
- Used Chef for server provisioning and infrastructure automation, release automation and deployment automation, Configure files, commands and packages.
- Designed Puppet Modules to manage configurations and automate installation process. Developed automation scripting in Python (core) using Puppet to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers.
- Create, maintain and customize complex JIRA project configurations including workflows, custom fields, permissions and notifications.
- Developed Cron jobs and Shell Scripts for automating administration tasks like file system management, process management, backup and restore.
- Configured and administered Monitoring tool Nagios, worked on User administration setup, maintaining account, monitor system performance.
- Managed TCP/IP packets & DHCP servers, resolved TCP/IP network access problems for the clients and worked with various TCP/IP implementations like NFSv4, NIS, DNS and DHCP.
- Designed workflows, screens, field configurations and components as part of Projects definition for JIRA as an administrator.
- Created and modified build configuration files including POM.xml.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin, and managing artefacts in NEXUS repository.
- Used Atlassian JIRA as issue tracking and ticketing tool.
- Configured Jenkins daily periodic backups for Jenkins config and plugins files.
- Integrated Jenkins Build pipeline plugin for managing multi project jobs efficiently.
- Deployed the Java applications into web application servers like Apache Tomcat.
- Used Artifactory as a repository management tool to store the .war or jar artifacts in a versioning manner that are generated in the build process.
- Used GitHub as source code management tool.
- Installed and monitored code quality tools like SonarQube to check the standards of the code and to analyses the source code.
- Worked on Nginx, configured reverse proxy for Apache also fine-tuned configurations with rigorous performance testing.
- Installed, configured and administered application servers like Tomcat to deploy many java applications.
- Developed Shell, Python Scripts to automate daily, weekly builds primarily using Maven & Ant for some legacy projects.
- Daily tasks include monitoring Bugzilla to find and rectify the issues.
- Environment: AWS, RHEL, Maven, Ant, Apache, MYSQL, RDS, Jenkins, Subversion, GIT, Puppet, GitHub, SonarQube, Artifactory, Nginx, Tomcat, Splunk, Bugzilla, Shell scripts, Python, VMware.
Build and Release Engineer
- Automated the build and release management process including monitoring changes between releases.
- Responsible for Development of DEV, QA, UAT and PRODUCTION Build and Release.
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the Agile process.
- Built and released Cloud based products containing Linux and Windows environments, using Power Shell, TFS and Python Scripting.
- Managed the development activities for multiple server instances by enabling password less SSH communication between the servers.
- Worked on Jenkins as continuous integration server by integrating it with Git, Maven, Sonar scanner and Nexus.
- Maintained and administered GIT source code tool, Created Branches, Labels and performed Merges in Stash and GIT.
- Integrated GIT into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process with the setup of SCM Polling for Immediate build with Maven, Code Analysis with Sonar scanner and artifactory as Nexus.
- Experience in integrating Unit Tests and code quality analysis tools like Junit and Selenium.
- Experienced in AWS (Amazon Web Services) including deploying new server instances through automation with CHEF and Jenkins.
- Experience in installing, administering and maintenance of CHEF which is used as a configuration management for existing infrastructure.
- Used CHEF to manage Web Applications, Config files, Database, Commands, and Users Mount.
- Experience in writing chef cookbook and recipes to automate the deployment process and to integrating chef cookbooks into Jenkins jobs for a continuous delivery framework.
- Configured JIRA workflows according to the needs to the CM team and integrated the project management features of JIRA with the build and release process.
- Proposed and implemented branching strategy suitable for agile development in Subversion.
- Extensively worked on migrating VMs from physical to virtual (P2V) environment.
- Building & configuring Redhat Linux systems over the network, implementing automated tasks through crontab, resolving tickets according to the priority basis.
- Deployed the applications (EAR & War archives) to Tomcat Application Server and static content to apache web servers.
- Responsible for the Plugin Management, User Management, Build/Deploy Pipeline Setup and End-End Job Setup of all the projects.
- Monitor progression of releases and keep them on track for delivery on planned release date.
- Worked closely with the team to review code for compatibility issues, resolve issues as they arise, and implement deployment processes and improvements on a continuous basis.
Environment: Linux, Windows, Power Shell, Jenkins, Tomcat, Maven, Chef, Nexus, Redhat.