- Information Technology Professional with over sixteen years of proven experience in virtualization, enterprise hardware, operating system configuration and support, application support, systems integration, technical support, and customer service. Strengths include excellent interpersonal communication skills, a strong work ethic, and the ability to work well with team members and analyze problems to create efficient and effective solutions.
Confidential, Durham, North Carolina
Senior Infrastructure Engineer
- Manage 400 hyperconverged hosts and 6000 VMs
- Manage 12 vCenter environments across four locations
- Responsible for capacity planning of the enterprise private cloud environment and complete hardware lifecycle management
- Key engineer in a complete datacenter transformation including an Arista spine and leaf architecture POC, Nutanix hyperconverged infrastructure design, and consolidation of corporate datacenters into a Tier III+ colocation facility
- Migrated traditional 3 tier architecture to Nutanix HCI and decommissioned 2 PB of EMC VMAX storage and a variety of Cisco UCS, HP Blade, and IBM rackmount compute resources. Reducing 30+ cabinets to just four
- Planned and managed the migration from vSphere 6.0 to 6.5 and all supporting or integrated components
- Designed and implemented new hyperconverged enterprise private cloud infrastructure
- Deployed and manage 3 node Prism Central to manage 40 Nutanix clusters
Senior VMware Engineer
- Manage five vCenter environments across four locations.
- Manage two UCS domains in main production and DR site.
- Improved provisioning process to reduce time to deploy VMs.
- Administer VMware Site Recovery Manager for DR testing and failover.
- Manage VMware vCOps environment that monitors both production and DR Datacenters.
Advisory Server Engineer
- Designed, implemented and administered vSphere environment consisting of 5 vCenter servers and over 300 stateless ESXi hosts using Auto Deploy and SAN Boot.
- Increased server virtualization percentage from 65% to 98%.
- Designed, implemented and administered VMware vCloud developer environment with 27 vOrgs and over 400 users.
- Reduced Business outage incidents by 80% through improvements to infrastructure.
- Designed and implemented Cisco UCS blade server infrastructure to replace rack mount server environment. The environment consists of 7 UCS domains with 54 chassis and 335 blades.
- Designed, Implemented and Administered 5 node VMware vROps environment.
- Designed and implemented solution to migrate 2000 virtual servers for two data center migrations in 2013 and 2014 with zero downtime outside of scheduled maintenance windows.
- Implemented VMware Site Recovery Manager for orchestration of DR testing and failover.
- Deployed Cisco UCS Central to manage multiple UCS domains across two datacenters and allow the use of global policies and templates.
Senior Systems Administrator
- Supervised administration of hardware for producers, editors, and artists.
- Managed and implemented several types of software for artists and editors (Autodesk 3D Studio Max 2011, 2012 and 2013; Autodesk Maya; Nuke; Mari; Zbrush and Avid).
- Administered LAN for Baton Rouge site. Managed WAN connection to other Confidential sites utilizing VPN.
- Maintained VFX render farm including hardware and software. Managed Thinkbox Deadline render repository.
- Managed VFX Pipeline. Implemented changes to ensure compliance with global pipeline configuration.
- Led RnD project to test markerless motion capture technology and developed a solution for the company.
Technical Services Manager
- Administered LAN/WAN network infrastructure, Windows Active Directory Domain, Microsoft Exchange 2010 email system, and Symantec SEP infrastructure.
- Led project to close former corporate office and move production datacenter to Houston, Texas. Moved the disaster recovery datacenter to a colocation facility in Irving, Texas.
- Created and implemented $300K proposal for new virtualization initiative that standardized on VMware vSphere 5, Cisco UCS and EMC VNXe hardware with failover capabilities to a disaster recovery site utilizing VMware Site Recovery Manager.
- Led team to design and implement new email infrastructure utilizing Microsoft Exchange 2010 with DAG groups for high availability.