- Network Engineer skilled at overseeing complex company networks with a focus on efficiency and performance optimization.
- Detail - oriented dedicated individual with exceptional problem-solving, technical and analytical skills.
Networking: Installed and configured various network services and related equipment and devices.
Protocols Standards: TCP/IP, UDP, IGRP, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, DHCP, DNS and Spanning Tree protocol.
Hardware: Cisco Routers Series, 2811, 2911, 2921, 4500 and CAT 6500. Catalyst Series Switches, 4500, 6500, 3700/Nexus 5k, 7k, 9k, and 2k
Software Applications /OS: Cisco IOS Releases 11.x -12.3 and 15.0; MS office, Accounting Software
Confidential, Beltsville, MD
- Implement VPC as well as Ether channel for redundancy.
- Review and Create SOP’s for organization.
- Configure IPsec site to site VPN. Configure EIGRP as our layer 3 routing protocol and QOS for traffic shaping.
- Responsible for IOS/NS-OX upgrades.
- Implement ACLs for traffic filtering.
- Configure BGP Peering for the CE router to the PE router.
- Work with developers in configuring virtual servers on the F5 for traffic load balancing.
- Troubleshoot and resolve network and routing issues.
- Configure 2k for Fabric extender
- Analyzes current network configurations and determines implementation requirements.
- Analyze network flow statistics on a daily basis and submit essential reports to management to understand existing network traffic flows.
- Provides hands-on technical expertise to prepare network equipment, associated installation tools and logistic for remote installations.
- Upgrades configuration of existing network equipment to support new features and functions.
- Works with field installation contractors while they are on-site and provides all technical details to complete installations.
- Progressively led and set up branch router and switch upgrades by installing 2811/3824 routers with IPS, VPN, and Cisco Voice Over IP and Power over Ethernet switches using Cisco 3560, 3750 and 4507R.
- Communicates technical procedures and processes to non-technical users.
- Participates in problem-management reporting, resolution, and documentation in the Change Asset and Problem Reporting System (CAPRS).
- Implements, upgrades, maintains, troubleshoots, and supports Catalyst switch platforms by maintaining solid understanding of the switching technologies, remote management, and network topologies.
- Spearheaded a project focused on setting up a web proxy to filter web traffic to the Internet utilizing a Blue Coat Security gateway
Network Support Engineer
- Assisted installation, configuration and administration of Cisco equipment in IT architecture of the organization.
- Configured IT LAN/WAN elements and held responsibility of maintaining and monitoring performance of network.
- Served as escalation point for Tier2 support.
- Work in coordination with team members to decrease key IT problems and complete assigned projects.
- Configure OSPF and EIGRP routing protocol to support customer networks.
- Configure and monitor ACL’s on routers.
- Provided support to Network Operation Center (NOC) and Data centers which include cabling, monitoring tools, PDUs and servers.
- Configure and deploy L2 Cisco switches to support customer LAN network.
- Analyzes, evaluates and recommends technical requirements and specifications for the seamless integration of company-wide networking resources.
- Prepares layouts, configurations and bills of materials as a normal part of project assignments.
- Provides input to management for design changes or improved operations of campus IP backbone.
- Assists IT management in designing, building and efficiently operating the company’s data network.