- Experienced IT Professional in virtualization/cloud platforms to create, build, and maintain solutions that are secure and stable.
- Skilled in Cloud Computing, Virtualization, Hyper Converged Infrastructure and vRealize Suite.
- Over 8 years of experience designing, implementing, maintaining and troubleshooting VMware Products: vCenter 5.5/6.0/6.5/6.7 , ESXi Host 5.0/ 5.5/6.0/6.5/6.7 , vRealize Suite 6.x/7.x/8.x (vROPS, vRA, vRO), VMwareLoginsight.
- Responsible for designing implementing, and managing hyper converged infrastructure VxFlex - R640, VxFlex-R740xd, PowerEdge R740xd Servers, Cisco UCS and HP.
- Hands on configuration knowledge of vROPS, to monitor health of virtual infrastructure for performance monitoring, capacity management and cost management based on best practices and business requirements
- Developing workflows in vRO using Java Script to automate features & functionalities
- Experience in maintaining Security vulnerabilities by patching vCenter server and ESXI host through VMware update manager and automation auto deploy rule.
- Experience in maintaining and upgrading Horizon View.
- Experience in installing and configuring VMware SRM.
- Significant experience with configuration and administration of vSwitches, distributed virtual switches, vMotion, VMFS data store, host profiles, storage profiles;
- Migration experience between different vCenters, data centers, ESXi clusters and hyper converged infrastructure and to AWS cloud environment.
- Experience in Managing Dell Server’s using IDRAC, Cisco Servers using Cisco UCS, Confidential servers using IMM and HP servers using ILO.
- Familiar with ITSM processes
- Capable of learning quickly and delivering solutions as an individual.
- Self-motivated Team player with excellent interpersonal communication skills.
Cloud/VMware: vSphere ESXi 6.7/6.6/6.0/5.5 , vCenter server, vRealize suite (vRops, vRA, vRO), VMware Horizon View 6.x/7.x, Amazon EC2, Azure, vSAN.
Scripting: PowerShell, PowerCLI, Java script, and Python
Hardware: DELL VXFLEX, PowerEdge, CISCO B&C Series, Confidential, HP.
Storage: Confidential PowerFLEX Storage, NAS, HP 3PAR, vSAN.
Operating Systems: Windows Server2016,2012, 2008, 2003, Linux 6.x/7. x.
Ticketing tools: Service now, Remedy
Confidential, St. Louis, MO
- Build, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot VMware vSphere environment, vCenter 6.0/6.5/6.7 ESXi 5.5/6.0/6.5/6.7 .
- Work with business and infrastructure teams to develop a service catalog and use vRealize Suite to automate infrastructure functionalities in virtual and cloud Infrastructure.
- Build out the new VMware Clusters using VMware Validated Design (VVD) for Data Lake Project.
- Build out and support the DELL VxFlex-R640, VxFlex-R740xd Hyper Converged Infrastructure and PowerEdge R740xd Servers.
- Worked on setting up Nvidia licensing server (NVIDIA Tesla P100 GPU) setup to license headless vGPUs, VMs running TensorFlow ML application.
- Worked on upgrading vCenter and ESXi Host from 6.0 to 6.5/6.7.
- Maintained security vulnerabilities by patching ESXi, vCenter and VMware Appliances to latest patch level.
- Patching ESXi Host Using Auto Deploy Rule and VMware Update Manager.
- Creating and Troubleshooting Host Profiles for ESXi Host and assigning to ESXi hosts.
- Troubleshoot any type of issues on ESXi host, vCenter Server and provide RCA to issues.
- Wrote JAVA, Python, and PowerShell Scripts to automate manual task in VMware Environment.
- Design New solution into enterprise Infrastructures to Improve the process executions through Automation Activities.
- Experience with installing, configuring, maintaining and upgrading vRealize Automation in VMware environment to provision multiple servers in single point in any endpoint.
- Experience creating custom workflow, customizing schema in vRO to automate task in VMware environment.
- Developed customized dashboards, views and reports in vROPS to view end to end environment - storage, network and compute.
- Experience in building XaaS blueprints using custom firms to deploy different type of servers in private cloud, HCI and vCenter.
- Experienced in building, configuring and maintaining vRA 7.6 and vRO 7.6 infrastructure using VMware Life Cycle Manager.
- Worked on upgrading VRA environment from 7.4 to 7.6 with designed process.
- Building PowerShell Scripts to automate the functionalities in the Enterprise infrastructure.
Confidential, Columbia, MO
- Built and maintained all aspects of the VMware vSphere environment, vCenter 5.5/6.0/6.5, ESXi 5.0/5.1/5.5/6.0/6.5 and Virtual Server (Windows/Linux).
- Worked on V2V VM Migration across Data Centers using Swing Storage Method and NFS Data Domain Replication Method.
- Migrated Physical Machines to Virtual Machines (P2V) and Virtual Machines to Virtual Machines (V2V) using VMware converter and vCenter Guided Consolidation.
- Migrating virtual machine configuration files and virtual disks from one Data store to another Datastore.
- Maintained VMware Horizon View 6.1/7.0/7.0.2/ environment to maintain Windows desktops.
- Creating and configuring clusters VMware HA, VMware DRS Clusters for load balancing, Resource pools and adding VM's to them.
- Generated report summary and performance for ESXi Servers and VM's using PowerShell Script.
- Created snapshots for the VM’s, updating hardware versions and installing VMware tools during the data center migration.
- Creating and managing virtual machines and templates, worked with clones and snapshots of virtual machines.
- Worked on converting the Raw Disk Mapping (RDM’s) data stores to VMDK’s.
- Configuring the NFS storage to the hosts in Cluster level.
- Involved in storage array consolidations migrations and replications on EMC storage arrays.
- Worked on Decommissioning the Virtual Machines, Data Stores and Host in vCenter.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Installation of ESXi Servers, vSphere Client and vCenter Server.
- Installed and upgraded VMware ESXi 5.5 to ESXi 6.0 using VUM.
- Managed VMware ESXi hosts using vSphere client and Web client.
- Creating and Deploying of Virtual Machines from Templates and creating Snapshots within no time, Cloning of Virtual Machines for future Deployments.
- Using Virtual center server for HA, DRS and vMotion. Working on Migration concepts like vMotion and cold migration.
- Created templates from VMs and deployed VMs from templates.
- Creating VM session on ESXi Host and Building the WINDOWS 2012, 2012R2 and VM servers.
- Worked on building & maintaining Windows 2008, 2012, 2012R2 and VMware.
- Installation and Configuration of Windows Server 2008/2012 Hyper-V.
- Migration of production Server 2008 R2 Hyper-V cluster to Server 2012 Hyper-V cluster.
- Installing the new tools using server build tools on all the new build server.
- Installing MacAfee and Hyper-V Package all new built servers.
- Worked on Decommissioning of Windows, Linux, and AIX servers.
- Installation and configuration of Microsoft Windows 2008 R2, 2012 Servers and Red hat Linux servers on Virtual Machines and Citrix virtual desktop support.
- Creating and configuring clusters VMware HA, VMware DRS Clusters for load balancing, Resource pools and adding VM's to them and installing VM Tools.
- Performed Snapshots, Cloning, Migration across ESXi host like Cold, Hot migrations using vMotion.
- Monitored and troubleshot server issues with Event Log Analyzer.
- Managed Virtual Environment, maintaining a well-organized Administering Windows 2008/2012 Active Directory, DNS, DHCP and building new windows physical/virtual servers as per the requirement of the project.
- Generated report summary and performance for ESXi Servers and VM's using PowerShell Script. Created snapshots for the VM's and created new folders, data center, clusters and resource pools in the VC.
- Involved in Scheduling Tasks, Monitoring Tasks, created alarms and Deploying load balancing, implementing Network security.
- Creating vSwitch's, different type of port group's like Service Console, VM Kernel, Virtual Machine and assigning the VLAN no’s. Configured NIC Teaming for load balancing and failover.
- Involved in Customizing VM's (Memory, hard disk, NIC) and Analyzing log files, Resources utilizing monitoring.
- Configuring NAS, SAN, and iSCSi storages to the VMware ESX servers and installed the iSCSi Software and Hardware Adapters to the ESX servers.
- Maintained the server inventory and document the server build / decommission, application installation / configuration, backup verifications, Operating System user accounts auditing.