- Skilled professional with 7 years of experience in IT industry with major focus on AWS, Azure Cloud DevOps, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD Pipeline), Linux Administration, Build and Release Maintenance, Containerization, Virtualization, Networking. Besides, knowledge in Cybersecurity fields involved in Linux, T&T such as Wireshark, Metasploit, Git/GitHub, Snort, Nmap, Znmap, Firewall, Build entire Network.
- Expertise in creating a DevOps strategy in various distribution of Linux and Windows alongside using DevOps tools suites like SVN, GIT, GitHub, BitBucket, CVS, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Docker and Kubernetes in traditional environments, as well as cloud environments like AWS and Azure.
- Implemented Azure cloud services (PaaS, IaaS, SaaS) which include Storage, Azure AD, Azure Application Insights, Azure Traffic Manager, Azure Monitoring, Azure OMS, Azure SQL, Cloud Services, Load Balancing, and Azure Application Gateways.
- Good knowledge in Azure compute services, Azure Web Apps, Azure Functions, Azure Data Factory, Azure Media, Azure Networking, Azure Hybrid Integration, Azure DNS, Azure Identity and Access Management.
- Hands - on experience on Azure VPN-Point to Site, Virtual networks, Azure App Services, Azure Custom security and firewall, managing hosting plans for Azure Infrastructure, implementing, and deploying workloads on Azure Virtual Machines (VMs).
- Experience in architecting and managing AWS cloud infrastructure using Cloud services and building Custom Amazon Machine Images like (EC2, S3 Bucket, RDS, ELB, EBS, VPC, Route53, auto-scaling groups, IAM, SNS, DynamoDB, SQS).
- Managed in AWS deployment services (Elastic Beanstalk, Cloud Formation) and security practices (IAM, Cloud Watch and Cloud Trail) for installing configuring and troubleshooting on various AWS Images.
- Experience in managing AWS VPC (Virtual Private Cloud) environment with Linux, Debian, RedHat, Fedora and Ubuntu instances. Also, creating databases in AWS using RDS, AWS storage using S3 and configuring instance backups to S3 bucket.
- Experience in Infrastructure on AWS using IAM, API Gateway, CloudTrail, Cloud Watch, Amazon Simple Queue Service (Amazon SQS), AWS Kinesis, Lambda, NACL, Elastic Beanstalk, Redshift, and CloudFormation.
- Acquainted with using AWS CloudFormation and AWS OpsWork to deploy the infrastructure necessary to create development, System test and UAT environments for a software development project.
- Creating RESTful web services with Django MVT, MySQL, and MongoDB.
- Used RESTful Web Services to read the XML content from suppliers.’
- Have a good knowledge of AWS monitoring systems administration and alerting of applications deployed using tools in AWS like Nagios, Splunk, CloudWatch, and ELK stack.
- Experience with Kubernetes to orchestrate the deployment, scaling, and management of Docker Containers.
- Experience in setting up Kubernetes clusters for running load balancing and deploying microservices with source code images and pushed it into production with Kubernetes backed infrastructure.
- Hands-on experience with Kubernetes to manage containerized applications using its nodes, Config-Maps, selector, services, and deployed application containers as Pods.
- Experience in Docker images using a Docker file that worked on container snapshots, attaching to a running container, removing images, managing Docker volumes. Synchronization of Docker images and containers using Kubernetes by creating master and node
- Experience with Docker container, Docker images, Docker Hub and Docker registries. Also, used Docker for virtualization, run, ship, and deploy the application securely for fastening the build/release engineering.
- Good Knowledge on Docker components like Docker Engine, Docker-Compose, Docker Images, Docker Registry, and Docker Swarm. Used Docker for local application deployment and vagrant, VM’s for different environments setup and testing of code.
- Experience in Ansible Playbooks, modules, roles, and used them in Cloud (AWS, Azure and GCP) environments and experience with Ansible Tower as a configuration management tool to manage multiple nodes and manage inventory for different environments.
- Good knowledge in managing the Nexus using Artifactory repositories for the maven artifacts and dependencies.
- Experience in writing Jenkins Pipeline jobs using CI and built workflows also used Jenkins for uploading Artifacts into Nexus Repository and automated various day-to-day administration tasks by developing Bash, PowerShell, and Python Scripts.
- Hands-on experience in Jenkins to automate, configure and deploy instances on AWS Cloud environments and data centers also involved in high availability and secure multi AWS cloud infrastructure using Ansible with AWS Cloud Formation and Jenkins for CI/CD.
- Involved in Jira as a bug tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plug-ins for Jira bug/issue tracker and integration of Jenkins with Jira/GitHub.
- Hands-on experience developing automation scripting and executing like (Shell and Python) scripts for merging, branching, and automating the processes into AWS/Azure environments.
- Strong experience in Linux systems installation, configuration, maintenance, administration, troubleshooting, security, backup, recovery, tuning, and upgrades of (RedHat Linux, CentOS Linux, Ubuntu Linux, Fedora Linux) as well as Windows environments and VMware and VM VirtualBox.
- Good knowledge with setting up and managing ELK (Elastic Search, Log Stash & Kibana) Stack to collect, search and analyze logfiles across servers, log monitoring and created Geo-mapping visualizations using Kibana .
- Deployed and configured ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana) for log analytics, full-text search, application monitoring in integration with AWS Lambda and CloudWatch.
- Good knowledge of Terraform key features such as infrastructure as code, execution plans, resource graph, and change automation. Also, managed AWS infrastructure as code using Terraform service.
- Hands-on writing new plugins to support new functionality in Terraform and deploying it in cloud deployment manager to spin up resources like cloud virtual networks, Compute Engines in public and private subnets along with Auto-Scaler.
- Using Snort to detect the intruders. It also highlights malicious attacks against the system. It allows real-time traffic analysis and packet logging.
Cloud Services: AWS (EC2, S3, CloudWatch,Lambda), MS Azure, GCP.
CI & CD Tools: Jenkins, Ansible, Puppet, Chef.
Versioning Repository: GitHub, SVN, CVS, GIT, Bitbucket.
Automation/Configuration Management Tools: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Docker, Jenkins, Hudson, Terraform, Kubernetes, Ant, Maven.
Containerization & Virtualization: Docker, Kubernetes, VMWare Workstation, Oracle VirtualBox.
Operating Systems: Linux (RedHat, Ubuntu, Mint, CentOS, Debian, Fedora) and Windows.
Logging & Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk, ELK, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Azure Monitor, JIRA, Snort
Programming/Web-App Technologies: C++, Java, HTML, CSS, XML, .Net, Apache Tomcat, Web logic, WebSphere.
Scripting Language: Python, HTML, PHP, Bash/Shell, PowerShell, YAML, Json.
Database Technologies: SQL Server, MySQL, RDS, MongoDB, NoSQL, DB2, DynamoDB
Network Protocols: HTTP/HTTPS, FTP/SFTP, SMTP, SSH, NTP, TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, LAN, WAN, ICMP, UDP, Routers/Switches, Confidential Routers.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
Sr. Azure Cloud/DevOps Engineer
- Configuration and setup of virtual and cloud development environments using Azure as per requirement . Also, backup and recovery an Azure Virtual Machines from a Recovery Services vault using Azure PowerShell and Portal .
- Configuration of Azure Function to modify the cloud infrastructure up to date which includes integrated security, change the language, serverless application, and simplified integrations.
- Planning and gathering the requirements for setting up TFS environments for environment-based migration and up gradation.
- Created branching strategy for different teams and supported parallel development by creating multiple branches in TFS .
- Automating in Azure for creation of subscription, storage account, and tables using Windows PowerShell. Also, create a Virtual Network on Windows Azure to connect all the servers, SQL Azure.
- Involving in various aspects and phases of architecting, designing, and implementing solutions in IT infrastructure with an emphasis on Azure cloud and hybrid solutions.
- Developed reusable code for common functionalities using Java, J2EE technologies.
- Container-as-service (CAAS) Lead to set the Hybrid Cloud Framework of whole SAAS DevOps of Confidential, Pioneering and finalizing Results, working hourly on CentOS & RHEL7 framework/containers:
- Analyze, design, develop document and lead to set the Multi-tenant, Hybrid Cloud Framework of whole SAAS DevOps of CAAS.
- Combining Artifact , legacy Nexus Artifact and Docker registry to settle automation repositories for 100k-nodes in determining infrastructure for SAAS DevOps .
- Configured Azure web apps , Azure app services , Azure application insights , Azure application gateway , Azure DNS , Azure traffic manager , Azure Data Factory, Azure Network Watcher , implementing Azure site.
- Experienced in setting up Azure Virtual Appliances (VM’s) to meet security requirements as software-based appliance functions ( Firewall , WAN optimization and Intrusion Detections ).
- Used Azure Kubernetes Service to deploy a managed Kubernetes cluster in Azure portal, with the Azure CLI, also used template-driven deployment options such as Resource Manager templates and Terraform.
- Set up a GCP Firewall rules in order to allow or deny traffic to and from the VM's instances based on specified configuration and used GCP cloud CDN (content delivery network) to deliver content from GCP cache locations drastically improving user experience and latency.
- Experience in providing highly available and fault tolerant applications utilizing orchestration technologies like Kubernetes and Apache Mesos on Google Cloud Platform.
- Used Nagios as a monitoring health tool of infrastructure servers to identify and resolve the issues before they affect critical processes. Also, worked on Nagios event handlers in case of an automatic restart of failed applications and services.
- Worked on the Nagios core monitoring tool for alerting the servers, switching, and send data via network through specific plugins. Performed activities such as (application logs, event logs, service logs, system logs) using Nagios for both Linux and Windows systems.
- Creating and maintaining Kubernetes PODs, deployments, and services on Azure environment for orchestrating, linking, and deploying the services related to the containers.
- Used Kubernetes for creating new projects, services for load balancing and adding them to routes by accessing from outside, created Pods through new application and controlling, scaling, and troubleshooting pods through SSH.
- Used Docker for setting Azure Container Registry with Docker and Docker-compose, actively involved in deployments on Docker using Kubernetes. Also responsible for the development of test environment on Docker containers and configuring them using Kubernetes.
- Created the Kubernetes Clusters under Pod networks to group the Docker containers. Used Kubernetes and Docker to maintain the runtime environment for the CI/CD system to build, test and deploy the applications across different environments.
- Installed and implemented Ansible as a configuration management system. Used Ansible to manage web applications, environments configuration files, users, mount points and packages.
- Used Ansible and Ansible Tower to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploys critical applications, and proactively manages change.
- Used Ansible Tower, which provides an easy-to-use dashboard and role-based access control, so that it is easier to allow individual teams access to use Ansible for their deployments.
- Worked on Ansible to maintain high availability clustered and standalone server environments and refined automation components with scripting and configuration management and worked on writing Ansible playbooks.
- Used Ansible to deployment automation of all the microservices to pull the image from the private Docker Registry and deploy it to Docker Swarm Cluster.
- Worked on NEXUS to upload/download the build artifacts & responsible for administering NEXUS server which includes install, upgrade, maintenance of repositories, performance tuning, troubleshooting issues and maintenance.
- Used Jenkins to set up Continuous Integration for new branches, build automation, plugin management and secure Jenkins and set up master/slave configurations.
- Developed Python and shell/bash scripts for TC Server/Tomcat web application servers and automation of the build and release process and to automate certain processes for the smooth process of building tools
- Developed automation scripts in Python (core) using Puppet to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers.
- Used code management tool GIT for Configuration, Administration, branching, merging, tagging, and committing changes. Migration of the Source Code from Apache SVN to GitHub, and the migration from GitHub to Bitbucket.
- Involved in Jira as a defect tracking system and configure various workflows, customizations and plug-ins for JIRA bug/issue tracker, integrated Jenkins with JIRA, GitHub.
- Worked with Terraform templates to automate the Azure IaaS virtual machines using terraform modules and deployed virtual machine scale sets in various environments.
- Worked with Terraform key features such as Infrastructure as a code, execution plans, resource graphs, and change automation.
Confidential, Auburn Hills, MI
Sr. AWS Cloud/DevOps Engineer
- Created AWS cloud formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, EC2 instances, ELB, security groups. Managed other AWS services like S3, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, RDS, Kinesis, Redshift Cluster, Route53, SNS, SQS, CloudTrail and ensured data (integrity and security) on AWS technology by implementing AWS best practices.
- Worked with AWS cloud formation templates, Terraform along with Ansible to render templates.
- Worked on AWS Lambda to run the code in response to events, such as changes to data in an Amazon S3 bucket, Amazon DynamoDB table, HTTP requests using AWS API Gateway and invoked the code using API calls made using AWS SDKs.
- Used AWS Route S3, to route the traffic between different availability zones. Also, deployed and supported AWS Elastic-Cache and configured AWS ELB for routing traffic between zones.
- Used AWS Elastic Beanstalk and Azure for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, Python, and Docker on familiar servers like Apache.
- Configured monitoring of AWS instances regularly using ops view and new relic tools. Also, automate the monitoring, configuration management, log aggregation of the systems and centralizing SIEM with AWS Cloud Formation, Azure, Chef, Nagios, and Elastic Search.
- Created a private cloud using Kubernetes which supports development, test and production environments. Also, managed local deployments in Kubernetes, creating local cluster and deploying application containers.
- Worked on the creation of Docker containers, Docker files and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle, configured deployment automation of all the microservices to pull image from the private docker registry and deploy to Docker swarm cluster.
- Deployed Docker containers in virtualized platforms for containerization of multiple applications, test environments and dev-environments need and configuration automation.
- Worked on Docker containers snapshots, attaching to a running container, removing images, managing directories structures and managing containers in AWS ECS.
- Used file module in Ansible playbook to copy and remove files on remote systems. Implemented and designed AWS virtual servers by Ansible roles to ensure the deployment of web applications.
- Implemented Ansible to manage all existing servers and automate the build/configuration of new servers.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python, SSH as the Wrapper to manage configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python.
- Managed Nexus to save the results of the ANT projects in jar format which is deployed by Jenkins. Also, used Nexus to share the snapshots and releases of internal projects.
- Worked on CI & CD process by automating build on time basis using Jenkins. Also, designed the project workflows/pipelines using Jenkins for CI and deployment into different Web/Application Servers.
- Created multiple Python GIT hook scripts (pre-push, post-push) to ensure code quality for the code and created and maintained GIT repositories also analyzing and resolving the conflicts related to merging of source code.
- Worked on using a Git branching strategy that included develops branches, feature branches, staging branches and master. Pull requests and code reviews. Also, used the Atlassian JIRA ticketing tool to track and troubleshoot issues.
- Worked on ELK and Nagios for server monitoring, also used NetScaler and monitoring tools like Nagios for Load Balancing and controlling flow of traffic.
- Configured network and server monitoring using Grafana , ELK Stack with Log spout & Nagios for notifications alerts and using ELK stack for log management and creating Kibana visualizations to analyze the logs.
- Used advanced search engine ELK to process large datasets and visualize the results based on aggregations and filters on structured and unstructured fields.
- Created automated script for RESTful-API testing using Rest Assured framework.
- Conceptualized, designed, and implemented automated functional API test cases using SOA test, and Soap UI.
- Responsible for configuring and maintaining Squid server in Linux. Deployed Java applications into Apache Kafka Application Servers.
- Worked on migrating the VMware to Azure and AWS using AWS CLI by uploading data to S3 and EC2- import image and created a disaster recovery repo for VMs in AWS using EBS . And managed services like EC2 , S3 Bucket, Route , ELB, EBS.
- Managed highly available and fault-tolerant systems in AWS, through various APIs, console operations and CLI. Also, managed AWS infrastructure as code using Terraform.
- Installation and configuration of Splunk product at different environments and debugging Chef recipes to pull logs into Splunk and monitor deployments.
- Customized Splunk dashboards, visualizations, configurations, reports, and search capabilities using customized Splunk.
- Setup Docker to automate container deployment through Jenkins and dealt with Docker Hub, making Docker Images, and taking care of various image essentially for middleware establishments and space setups.
- Configured applications that run multi-container Docker applications by utilizing the Docker-Compose tool which uses a file configured in YAML format. Installed Docker Registry for local upload and download of Docker images and from Docker Hub . Created Docker files to automate the process of capturing and using the images.
- Created Docker images to support development and testing teams and their pipelines and distributed Jenkins.
- Configuration management using Puppet and Chef Automation design using Jenkins CI and Chef. Used Puppet to manage Web applications, config files, database, commands, users mount points and packages.
- Deployed and configured Chef Server and Chef Solo including bootstrapping of Chef client nodes for provisioning; Created roles, cookbooks, recipes, and data bags for server configuration, deployment, and app stack buildouts.
- Automation of OS builds and application installation through Puppet and Chef. Worked on using Chef Attributes, Chef Templates, Chef recipes, Chef files for managing the configurations across various nodes.
- Setup SCM polling for immediate builds with Nexus Artifactory by installing Jenkins plugins for GIT Repository.
- Used some of Atlassian tools such as Nexus and Jira to track all the defects and changes related to all the environments.
- Integrated Jenkins with Ansible to provide automation, CI/CD through Jenkins.
- Setup Jenkins master and installed the necessary plug-in and added more slaves to support scalability and efficiency. Also, implemented the setup for master-slave infrastructure to enhance the performance of Jenkins.
- Implemented Jenkins workflow and plugins for repeatable deployments of multi-tier applications, artifacts, and services to Docker, and RedHat Linux.
- Wrote shell and python scripts to automate admin jobs such as monitoring the servers for resource consumption, processes running, file handling such as moving, copying and renaming files, reading data from the files.
- Created and maintained the Python deployment scripts for Tomcat web application servers.
- Used a Maven dependency management system to deploy snapshots and release artifacts to Nexus to share artifacts across projects.
- Developed build using ANT and MAVEN as build tools and used CI tools to kick off the builds move one environment to other environments.
- Created branching and tagging strategy to maintain the source code in the GIT repository and coordinated with developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using GIT source control.