- Senior Linux Engineer with 10+ years of strong experience working for varied industries.
- Strong experience in Senior Linux/UNIX/Windows Server Administration 24X7 supporting 1500+ virtual servers, Putty, Secure CRT, Cygwin Interface Administration, Configure, Monitor, GPFS, NFS, NAS Shares for 100% reliability, Veritas Volume Manager tasks for UNIX/Linux Server Administration, Server Datacenter Migration, and Disaster Recovery planning.
- Extensive Application / Database Support to include Enterprise wide OS Monitoring and patch management, deployed RedHat version 5,6, Centos via VMware VCenter 5.1.x, ESX, Patch deployment, RPM Package management & distribution, RedHat Local Satellite Server Management & Change Control, RedHat 5,6, CentOs 5, SUSE Linux Senior Server Administration & Maintenance
- Strong experience working on middleware platforms.
- Experience creating automated scripts to troubleshoot, and monitor hardware errors of drives, Chef Server 12, Chef Compliance v1, Chef Automate Implementation, Configuration, Confidential (ITM 6.2.x) monitoring, client/server implementation and configuration for AIX, RedHat, Oracle, DB2, VMware. Integration with Netcool Version7 suite for network monitoring.
- Administrated PeopleSoft Server 8.4 & 8.5 including: PeopleSoft Application Servers, Process Scheduler Servers, Tuxedo, Web logic Servers
- Experience in UNIX/Linux problem resolution for applications managing logfiles (Splunk), configurations, server process management with infrastructure technologies including Tomcat, WebSphere and JBoss.
Confidential, Austin, TX
Linux Systems Administrator / Engineer
- As an integral part of an IT department responsible for a diverse environment, I have contributed enormously to the successful integration of hardware and software systems.
- I have completed several projects which have brought tremendous improvement in the computing environment, to integrate diverse Linux and Windows environments.
- Providing 2nd and 3rd level system support - managing all flavors of Linux and Windows platforms - day to day duties include the following:
- Linux (RedHat, CentOS): Working closely with Developers to build servers according to their needs (NFS, NIS, Apps Servers) using PXE-Boot with customized Kickstart files.
- Installing, upgrading and patching software on Linux environment to maintain the productive environment, setting up NIS domains, which involves configuring server and client roles, creating net groups, maps and propagating maps to slave servers and clients via Cron Jobs and manually. Setting up directory shares with NFS Servers, and configuring clients as NFS Clients, setting up automounts for home directories in different domains.
- Provisioning RedHat Enterprise Linux Server using PXE Boot according to requirements. Installing Linux (RHEL 6,7, CentOS and Ubuntu 12, 14) on HP Blade, Dell R Series Servers and VMware ESXi 5.5/6.0/6.5. RedHat Satellite Environment for Patching, Subscription Management, Storage Management.
- Manage applications inclusive to TCP/IP, DNS, FTP, HTTP, NFS, NTP, SSH.
- Installing, configuring and maintaining ESXi servers. Applying patches, updates on ESXi servers.
- Monitoring, analyzing, optimizing virtualization performance of ESXi hosts and virtual machines with the assistance of Nagios and vCenter vSphere Performance Monitoring.
- Working with vCenter, vMotion and converting physical servers to virtual machines using VMware tools.
- Assist with new system design/testing and implementation. Adding and removing hosts into clusters, creating and exposing datastores to the hosts by initiating iSCSI. Load balance the clusters using DRS/HA.
Confidential, Bentonville, AR
Linux Systems Administrator
- Build, configure and deploy Linux/Windows IT infrastructure for internal Engineering teams
- Support IT issues using online ticket system. (Jira)
- Maintain and support Engineering specific IT needs as new projects arise and/or change
- Responsible for ordering hardware/software of Engineering team as relates to Information Technology
- Support and maintain Engineering virtualization environment (VMWare)
- Maintain excellent documentation of IT related tasks and environment
- Cable, rack, install and maintain IT related equipment in datacenter
- Interface with corporate IT to leverage resources and serve as IT proxy for Engineering team needs
- Foster Engineering IT growth and development by identifying IT infrastructure improvements and following through with implementation
- Prioritize tasks will be identified and assigned by Engineering department specific managers
Confidential, Houston, TX
Sr. Systems Administrator
- Built/managed 54 HPC/High Availability servers (Dell & Super micro) running CentOS 5.6 Linux Tsunami & Claritas Software.
- Designed, purchased & built nine HPC servers that utilized processing on the Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) using dual NVidia Telsa M2050.
- Utilized IPMI ports to remotely access/troubleshoot HPC servers.
- Created and managed user accounts on NIS servers in CentOS Linux environment (VMware environment) & on MS Windows Server 2008/2012 & Exchange server.
- Communicated with hardware vendors for RFQ s regarding new purchases for upcoming projects & existing warranties on purchased hardware.
- Installed & configured Ganglia, Nagios & Cacti Linux applications to monitor servers & network performance.
- Used VMware converter to import old MS Windows servers to VMware ESX environment.
- Monitored over 96 TB of NAS Storage: Nexsan e5110, Isilon EMC X series, & Isilon IQ 6000x.
- Applied software patches & OS upgrades during project completions.
- Corrected their six Dell PowerConnect 6248 managed switch utilizing its proper 10G uplinks for improved network performance.
- Provided end - user helpdesk support for desktop applications: MS Office Suite & Adobe Professional. User s Host OS: MS Windows 7, user s VMware guest OS: CentOS Linux.
- Managed, created/deleted users on Agile s MS Windows 2008 Server (Primary Domain Controller).
- Managed VOIP phone system with AltiGen vendor.
- Configured company mobile phones to send/read MS Exchange mail.
- Managed/configured automatic daily & weekly backups on LTO5s using NetVault Backup.
Confidential, Alpharetta, GA
Sr. AIX/HP-UX / Linux RedHat Implementation Engineer
- AIX 5.3 - 6.1 - Remote Architect & Sr. AIX Resource for 94 Live Production servers
- RedHat Enterprise v5,6, and Oracle Enterprise Linux 5.11, LPAR, VIO server build, and administration
- HP-UX First Shift Administrator for 94 Live Production servers
- Linux RHEL 4.3 - 4.7 - First Shift Administrator for 94 Live Production servers
- 24X7 Sr. Unix extended after hours level support (AIX p6, p7series, HP-UX, Linux)
- RDP, Cygwin interface administration for Windows Clients.
- Custom Shell scripting (bash, sh, Perl, KSH), Pro-active monitoring & support
- HACMP, Service Guard, AIX BMR
- Confidential Blade Server Application Brick Install/Setup/Support AIX-Linux
- Shell scripting (bash, sh, KSH), BMC Patrol proactive monitoring, and problem analysis.
- Oracle Database Admin Support (9.2 - 10.2)
- EMC Clarion SAN support, and LVM configuration for AIX, Linux, HP-UX clients
- Development team using C++, Rogue Wave Tools++, Oracle Version 10 OCI and Tuxedo 11 on AIX 6.1 for Server-side development and Microsoft's MFC and Tuxedo on Windows/