- Over 8+ years of work experience in System Administration, Configuration Management, Build and Release Engineer, DevOps Engineer, Automation and Cloud Computing Platforms like AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud.
- Hands on experience with Microsoft Azure Cloud services, Storage Accounts and Virtual Networks and Azure Fabric Services.
- Experienced in Designing, configuring, and deploying of Azure Virtual Networks (VNets), subnets, Azure network settings, DHCP address blocks, DNS settings, security policies and routing.
- Experienced in Provisioning of IAAS & PAAS Virtual Machines and Web\Worker roles on Microsoft Azure Classic and Azure Resource Manager.
- Experienced in migrate an On - premises Instances or Azure Classic Instances to Azure ARM Subscription with Azure Site Recovery.
- Experienced in Establishing connection from Azure to On-premises datacenter using Azure Express Route for Single and Multi-Subscription.
- Expertise in AWS Cloud Administration which includes services like EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB, AMI, SNS, RDS, IAM, Route 53, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, OPS Work and Security Groups.
- Experience with administration, maintenance and operations of different AWS Cloud resources and management services like Elastic Beanstalk, Lambda, SQS, SNS, Cloud Watch and Cloud formation templates
- Experience in Migrating On-premises infrastructure to cloud platforms like Aws/Azure/ Rackspace/Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) and involved in virtualization using (VMware, VMware ESX, Xen) and infrastructure orchestration using containerization technologies like Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experienced in Set up Auto Scaling of the instance group using GCP CLI (Command line tools) and GCP cloud environments for DEV/QA environments and Provided proof of concept (POC) on designing serverless architecture using Cloud Dataflow, Cloud Data prep and Google Cloud Functions.
- Create clusters in Google Cloud and manage the clusters using Kubernetes(k8s). Using Jenkins to deploy code to Google Cloud, create new namespaces, creating docker images and pushing them to container registry of Google Cloud.
- Proficient Knowledge on OpenStack environment which include Keystone, Volume management using Cinder, network and port management using Neutron and VM management.
- Used Terraform modules for two tier Architecture which includes AWS resources VPC, Subnets, Security groups, Ec2, Load Balancers, Auto scaling group, Cloud watch Alarms, ECS clusters, S3 buckets for logs.
- Hands on expertise with configuration tools like Chef, Puppet and Ansible. Created several Cookbooks, Manifests and Playbooks to automate infrastructure maintenance & configuration.
- In-depth knowledge on creating Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS nodes and Tested Playbooks on AWS instances using Python. Run Ansible Scripts to Provide Dev Servers.
- Extensive experience using MAVEN and ANT as build management tools for building of deployable artifacts (jar, war and ear) from source code.
- Experienced in Branching, Tagging, and maintaining the versions across different SCM tools like GitHub, Subversion (SVN) on Linux and Windows platforms.
- Experience in setting up Baselines, Branching, Merging and Automation Processes using Shell, Perl, Ruby, Python and Bash Scripts.
- Hands on experience in packaging the files and place them in Artifactory such as Nexus, JFrog and SonarQube.
- Have experience with Atlassian JIRA for creating bug tickets, workflows, reports pulling and planning sprints. And also, on deep knowledge on Remedy and HP quality center.
- Worked on Docker components like Docker Engine, Docker-Hub, Docker-Compose, Docker Registry, Docker Swarm and Kubernetes.
- In-depth understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) and CI/CD in Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall methodologies.
- Expertise in Jenkins pipelines to drive all micro services builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, Created Pods and managed using Kubernetes
- Orchestrated and migrated CI/CD processes using Cloud Formation and Terraform Templates and Containerized the infrastructure using Docker, which was setup in Vagrant, AWS and VPCs.
- Expertise in Designing and creating multiple deployment strategies for CI/CD Pipelines using Jenkins, TeamCity, and Bamboo shortened deployment cycles by automating the deployments.
- Experience in load balancing and monitoring with Nagios and Splunk, ELK, Log stash, Kibana.
- Good knowledge on various of Oracle WebLogic Application server, JBoss, WebSphere Application server and maintenance, integration including Tomcat Apache Server.
- Actively worked with development, QA and other teams to ensure automated test efforts are tightly integrated with the build system and in fixing the error while doing the deployment and building.
- Strong experience in Installation, Configuration and Maintenance of JBoss Application Servers 7.x/6.x/5.x on win2008, Linux, Solaris platforms.
- Expertise in Installation, Configuration and Management of RDBMS tools such as SQL Server 2008/2012/2014 , MySQL, DB2, MongoDB.
- A Deep involvement in LINUX/Unix system Administration, System Builds, Server Builds, Installations, Upgrades, Patches, Migration, Trouble shooting on RHEL.
- Worked on various operating systems like UNIX/Ubuntu/RHEL/CentOS/Fedora and Windows of production, test and development servers.
Configuration Management : Ansible, Chef and Puppet.
Continuous Integration : Jenkins, Team city, Bamboo
Version Control & Centralized Repositories: Git, SVN, GitHub, Bitbucket and Subversion.
Build Tools : MAVEN, Gradle, MS-Build and ANT.
Cloud Platforms & Virtualization Platforms: AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, OpenStack and PCF, VMWare.
Package Management : Nexus, Artifactory.
Issue Tracking : JIRA, Service-Now, Remedy.
Containerization: Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift.
Operating Systems : Linux (Red Hat 5/6), Ubuntu, CentOS, Windows, and Unix.
Databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Oracle DB 10g, 11g.
Infrastructures spin up tools : Terraform, CloudFormation, ARM templates.
Web Application server : Web logic, Web Sphere, Apache Tomcat and JBOSS.
Logging & Monitoring Tools : Nagios, Cloud watch, Splunk, ELK, Grafana, Prometheus.
Sr. Cloud/DevOps Engineer
- Creating the automated build and deployment process for application, re-engineering setup for better user experience, and leading up to building a continuous integration system for all our products.
- Established NSGs for two tiers and three tier applications. Integrated on premises servers to Azure. Configured VNETs and subnets as per the project requirement. Architecture Azure blob storage and Azure file servers, private and public facing Azure load balancers.
- Configured and customized Paas, Iaas Azure Infrastructure using Azure Web Roles, Worker Roles, SQL Azure, Azure Storage, Azure AD Licenses, Office365. Virtual Machine Backup and Recovered from a Recovery Services Vault using Azure PowerShell and Portal.
- Deployed the initial Azure components like AZURE Virtual Networks, Azure Application Gateway, Azure Storage and Affinity groups and configured AZURE Multi-Factor Authentication as a part of Azure AD Premium to securely authenticate users.
- Implemented Azure cloud services, Azure storage, Azure active directory, Azure Service Bus. Create and manage Azure AD tenants and configure application integration with Azure AD.
- Architecting the IAM scope for B2C and B2B identities using Azure AD and integrating .NET Web Apps with Azure A D.
- Building and Installing servers through Azure Resource Manager (ARM) Templates. Have used service manager provider API which uses Terraform to create certificates on the Azure server.
- Developed Azure PaaS Solutions like Azure Web Apps, Redis Cache, Application insights Azure Server less Functions, Azure Stream Analytics, SQL Azure and Azure Storage worked on Azure suite: Azure SQL Database, Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Azure Analysis Service.
- Devised Terraform to deploy the infrastructure necessary to formulate development, test, and production environments. Configured Azure VPN gateway and established Site-to-Site connectivity, Express Route with On Premise Networks and Azure.
- Implemented a production ready, load balanced, highly available, fault tolerant Kubernetes infrastructure. Created private cloud using Kubernetes that supports DEV, TEST, and PROD environments.
- Customizing Kubernetes cluster with objects like Pods, Deployments, Services and ConfigMaps and created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, enhanced Kubernetes manifest files and Helm packages and implemented Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance and developed Docker containers.
- Integrated additional Docker Slave Nodes for CI/CD(Jenkins) using custom Docker Images and Worked on all major components of Docker like Docker Daemon, Hub, Images, Registry, Swarm etc.
- Worked on creating Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application lifecycle and worked on setting up the automated build on Docker HUB and deployed CoreOS Kubernetes Clusters on redhat OpenShift to establish Docker containers with light weight Docker Images as base files.
- Managed Ansible Playbooks with Ansible modules, implemented CD automation using Ansible, managing existing servers and automation of build/configuration of new servers.
- Configured Ansible control machine, executed tasks using Ad-hoc commands, Ansible Playbooks (written in YAML language), dynamic inventories, roles and modules. Used Ansible Vault and Ansible Tower, to secure sensitive data and control the access of playbooks. Implemented IT orchestration using Ansible to run tasks in a sequence which can work on different servers.
- Developed Ansible scripts for an automated server provisioning and Docker images, reducing the time between provisioning and deployment from over 3 hours to less than 10 minutes.
- Developed multiple manifests and customized facts for efficient management of the Ansible clients. Provisioned load balancer, auto-scaling group and launch configuration for micro services using Ansible.
- Set up Continuous Integration (CI) for major releases in Jenkins worked on Upstream and Downstream Jobs in Jenkins.
- Provisioned instances, storages, monitoring services and CI/CD pipeline through Jenkins Closely worked with developers, project managers and product owners to setup the road map and supported day to day build issues.
- Worked with Agile practices using CI/CD pipelines, with Jenkins (Continuous Integration), Nexus for Maven Repository, Maven Builds, Artifactory, Junit testing, Ansible module tests and deployments using multiple Jenkins plugins in Azure Environment.
- Used Ansible for configuring and managing multi-node configuration management over SSH and PowerShell. Wrote Python Code using Ansible Python API to Automate Cloud Deployment Process.
- Setting up application Tier, Build Controllers, Build Agents in Team foundation server 2013, 2015 and VSTS. Set Up different kinds of build triggers including CI and Rolling builds in Team foundation server 2013, 2015 and VSTS.
- Administered, and operated Nagios monitoring support for day-to-day troubleshooting of over 250+ servers. Maintained monitoring and alerting of corporate servers/storage using Nagios and Splunk.
- Helping team migrate repositories from different source control systems to TFVC and GIT repositories in VSTS (Azure DevOps)
- Implemented software configuration Management, Build, Release Management using VSTS, TFS, Maven on Unix and Windows Platforms (VSTS). Worked with Version management tool TFS.
- Configured the TFS with in multi -platform environments. Involved in the Code migration from TFS to Git repo. TFS/GIT responsibilities include maintaining the version control system (branching model, security), creation and maintenance of build definitions\scripts, and the setup of work item areas and iterations
- Worked closely with key members of the development and operations teams. is responsible for troubleshooting build breaks, enforcement of software quality standards, and proper communication of packages\installation steps to operations for both non- production and production environments.
- Developed Shell and python Scripts for the manual deploying the code to the different environments and updating the team after the completion of the build and release successfully
- Worked on Google Cloud Components, Google container builders and GCP client libraries and cloud SDK’s. Configured a Google Cloud Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and Subnet Group for isolation of resources. Architecting the infrastructure on Google Cloud Platform using GCP services and automated GCP infrastructure using GCP Cloud Deployment manager.
- Integrated and Involved in setting up JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plugins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker.
- Deployed Java/J2EE applications to application servers in an Agile continuous integration environment and automated the entire process.
Environment: Python, Flask Framework, Rest API Design and Development, Azure Computing, VPN, Terraform, ARM, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, VSTS, JIRA, Redis, ASP.NET, ELK, PowerShell, groovy, Python, Shell, DOS Batch scripts, SQL AZURE, java/J2EE, Git, Python APIs, Splunk, Jenkins, Tomcat, OpenShift, Azure resource Manager Templates, Azure AD, Azure RBAC, Azure policy.
AWS DevOps Engineer
- Created AWS S3 buckets, performed folder management in each bucket, Managed cloud trail logs and objects within each buckets.
- Created Highly Available Environments using Auto-Scaling, Load Balancers, and SQS.
- Experienced in S3 Versioning and lifecycle policies to and backup files and archive files in Glacier.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using CloudWatch.
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Query Optimization in AWS Redshift.
- Configured AWS Identity Access Management (IAM) Group and users for improved login authentication.
- Lead many critical on-prem data migration to AWS cloud, assisting the performance tuning and providing successful path towards Redshift Cluster and RDS DB engines.
- Implemented Autoscaling for scaling out to ensure availability and scalability of customer website and applications.
- Configured complex middleware environments with several variations of tomcat installations consisting of 3-5 instances in each installation.
- Installation of Oracle and MySQL, Configure and ensure connection to RDS database running on MySQL engines.
- Implemented various AWS cloud services like Amazon EC2, S3, RDS (MySQL), Elastic load balancing, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, Elastic Block Storage, Elastic Beanstalk, Cloud Watch, Identity Access Management(IAM), Implementing Virtual Cloud platforms using Amazon Virtual Private Cloud(VPC).
- Created S3 buckets and maintained and utilized the policy management of S3 buckets and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS. Developed a notification system using LAMP, PHP, MVC and Amazon Web services.
- Design & implemented VPC service for extension of customer's on-premises datacenter with Cloud using AWS VPC and VPN & Direct connect services.
- Used bash and python, included Boto3 to supplement automation provided by Ansible and Terraform for tasks such as encrypting EBS volumes backing AMI's and scheduling lambda functions for routine AWS tasks.
- Involved in complete cycle on migrating physical Linux/Windows machines (~100) to cloud (AWS) and test it.
- Created an AWS RDS MySQL DB cluster and connected to the database through an Amazon RDS MySQL DB Instance using the Amazon RDS Console.
- Created Terraform modules to create instances in AWS & automated process of creation of resources is AWS using terraform.
- Terraform for automating VPC's, ELB's, Security Groups, SQS queues, S3 buckets and continuing to replace the rest of our infrastructure
- Increased efficiency by writing and reusing Terraform modules to create a full custom cloud infrastructure in minutes.
- Managed local deployments in Kubernetes, creating local cluster and deploying application containers.
- Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm. Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest files and managed releases of Helm packages.
- Used Docker to containerize custom web applications and deployed on Digital Ocean with Ubuntu instances through Cluster and automated application deployment in cloud using Docker HUB, and Vagrant.
- Implemented Ansible and Ansible Tower as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploys critical applications, and proactively manages change.
- Designing Ansible Playbooks for zero-downtime installation, upgrade, downgrade, and uninstall processes. (MongoDB, Redis, MySQL and PostgreSQL).
- Installed Jenkins on a Linux machine and created a master and slave configuration to implement multiple parallel builds through a build farm.
- Created Jenkins pipeline jobs using Groovy Jenkins file. Pipeline provides Build as a code option to perform end to end process of source code, building and deployment in different environments.
- Involved heavily in setting up the CI/CD pipeline using GitHub, Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, Python, Docker and AWS. Configured an AWS Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and Database Subnet Group for isolation of resources within the Amazon RDS Aurora DB cluster.
- Integrated Jenkins with Nexus, SonarQube and used CI/CD system of Jenkins on Kubernetes container environment, utilizing Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment for the CI/CD system to build and test and deploy.
- Used Jenkins and pipelines to drive all microservices builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, Created Pods and managed using Kubernetes
- Managed Elastic Cloud Computing (EC2) instances utilizing auto scaling, Elastic Load Balancing, and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and Ansible.
- Managed Source code using GIT and used the concepts of branching, merging, and tagging for release management.
- Created Ant and Maven POM to automate the build process for the new projects and integrated them with third party tools like Sonar, Nexus.
- Performed setup of clustered environment with WebLogic Application Server.
- Administered WebSphere/WebLogic application Servers at configuration level.
- Built end to end CI/CD Pipelines in Jenkins to retrieve code, compile applications, perform tests and push build artifacts to Nexus using Nexus Artifactory plugin.
- Created several Automation scripts in Bash, Ruby, etc. that consume REST services or CLI's for various DevOps systems like Jenkins, Git, Jira, AWS etc.
- Worked on testing, evaluation and troubleshooting of MongoDB and Cassandra database systems and cluster configurations to ensure high availability in various crash scenarios.
- Developed automation scripting using YAML and Python in Ansible to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers.
- Served the ELK (Elastic search, Log stash, Kibana) stack community with use cases and Logstash plugin and actively participated in blogs and QA.
- Managed a cloud platform base on the Lambda architecture including Kafka, Spark, and Cassandra.
- Configured ELK (Elasticsearch, Log stash, Kibana) to analyze and visualize the Application and system logs, Configured Splunk forwarders to detect SSL certificate expirations and Nagios to detect Network Latencies between systems.
- Deployed helm Grafana central head for distributed metrics and logging monitoring of all Prometheus and ELK clusters.
Environment: AWS (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, RDS, Cloud Trail and Route 53), VDI, Git version Control, VPC, AWS EC2, S3, Route53, EBS, IAM, SQL, No SQL, ELB, Cloud watch, Cloud Formation, Jira, Bamboo, AWS CLI, AWS Auto Scaling, Unix/Linux, Shell scripting, Redshift.
- Worked on building data center with AWS. Built Pre-prod environments AWS services like EC2, S3, VPC, EBS, ELB, Auto Scaling, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, IAM, SNS, SQS, RDS, Dynamo DB, Cloud front etc.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Configured S3 to host static web content, Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 Autoscaling groups and deployed Cloud Stack using AWS Ops Works.
- Worked with Docker to virtualize deployment containers and push the code to EC2 cloud and built additional Docker Slave nodes for Jenkins using custom built Docker images and instances.
- Created Docker images using a Docker file, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes.
- Implemented several Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, Compose and Docker Registry. Created multiple Containers with Specific Run Times and Proxying using NGINX for Virtual Hosting of Multiple Containers in Single Docker Host.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for AWS services using CloudWatch.
- Implemented Chef as configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploys critical applications and proactively manage changes and worked with Agile development team to develop continuous integration/continuous delivery in the delivery of product in an open source environment using Chef.
- Involved in Architect, Build and maintain Highly Available secure multi-zone AWS cloud infrastructure util with AWS Cloud Formation and Jenkins for continuous integration. Responsible for CI environments (Jenkins, Nexus, Sonar)
- Automated the cloud deployments using Ansible, python and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Setting up Chef Infra, bootstrapping nodes, creating and uploading Chef recipes, Chef node convergence in Chef SCM.
- Utilized Jenkins for enterprise scale infrastructure configuration and application deployments & checking out the code from GIT and use Ant/Maven to build Jar, war, tar and ear artifacts. Provisioning Web Servers in AWS and DNS route53 records.
- Configured various jobs in Jenkins & Hudson for deployment of Java based applications and running test suites. Setup ANT script-based jobs and worked with Jenkins Pipelines.
- Created Blue/green deployment strategy by creating new applications which are identical to the existing production environment using CloudFormation templates & Route53 weighted record sets to redirect traffic from the old environment to the new environment via DNS
- Installed and set up Nagios monitoring system on a dedicated Amazon EC2 server, developed several custom plugins for monitoring availability and performance of AWS EC2 instances, monitoring MySQL databases and results of execution of certain queries, etc.
- Managed a cloud platform base on the Lambda architecture including Kafka, Spark, and Cassandra.
- Configured tracking tool JIRA and triaged the issues and maintained bugs using JIRA tool.
- Achieved Continuous Delivery in high scalable environment by Docker coupled with load balancing tool Nginx.
- Using Amazon RDS Multi-AZ for automatic failover and high availability at the database tier for MySQL workloads.
Environment: AWS, EC2, RDS, ELB (Elastic Load Balancing), S3, Cloud watch, Cloud Formation, Route53, Lambda, MAVEN, Nexus, Docker, Chef, Jenkins CI/CD, Nagios, Jira, PAAS, SHELL, Python, VPC, Autoscaling, Apache, JBoss, Nginx, Tomcat, GIT, Soap, Service now, Cassandra, Kafka, Blue/green deployment.