- Qualified with more than 4 years of experience in IT industry comprising of Linux System Administration, DevOps Engineering, and in automating, building, releasing of code from one environment to other environment and deploying to servers. Extensive experience includes SCM, AWS, DeVos, Build/Release Management and Cloud Management and Containerization.
- Strong experience on AWS platform and its dimensions of scalability including EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB, AMI, SNS, RDS, IAM, Route 53, Auto scaling, CloudFront, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, CloudFormation, Terraform, OPS Work, Security Groups.
- Experienced in working on DevOps/Agile operations and tools area (Build & Release Automation, Environment Service).
- Experience working with log monitoring with ELK Stack.
- Well versed with Openstack based cloud infrastructure.
- Competent extent of skills on DevOps essential tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, Subversion (SVN), GIT, Hudson, Jenkins, Ant, Maven.
- Ensured data integrity and data security on AWS technology by implementing AWS best practices.
- Configured Inbound/Outbound in AWS Security groups according to the requirements.
- Used Python fabric for AWS instance provisioning.
- Extensively experienced in Bash, Perl, Python, Ruby scripting on Linux.
- Experienced in Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT and Subversion (SVN) on Linux platforms.
- Used GIT to keep track of all changes in source code and set up Continuous Integration for major releases in Jenkins.
- Knowledge and experience in creating Jenkins Pipeline.
- Well versed with many different concepts of Chef like Roles, Environments, DataBags, Knife, Chef Server Admin/Organizations.
- Implemented Chef Recipes for Deployment on build on internal Data Centre Servers. Also re - used and modified same Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
- Used Chef for server provisioning and automating infrastructure.
- Explicit knowledge on Ansible Playbooks, modules and roles.
- Experienced with build automation tools like Ant and Maven.
- Experienced in cloud automation using AWS CloudFormation Templates, Chef, and Puppet.
- Implemented Puppet modules to automate the installation and configuration for a broad range of services.
- Experienced with Docker container service.
- Experience in implementing and administering monitoring tools Splunk and Nagios.
- Practical Knowledge in using Bug Tracking tools like JIRA and HP Quality center.
- Experience in administrating, deploying and managing UBUNTU and CentOS servers.
- Strong influenced skills in Agile Testing Methodologies &Software Test Life Cycle (STLC).
- Experience of the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Methodologies & Validations to ensure the Quality Assurance Control.
- Have conceptual knowledge of Microsoft Azure cloud service.
- Extensive experience in UNIX performance tuning and Capacity Planning.
- Experience in deploying system stacks for different environments like Dev, UAT, and Prod in both on premise and cloud infrastructure.
- Strong in building Object Oriented applications using C++ and Java, writing Shell Scripts and Perl Scripts on UNIX.
- Broad experience in working in Linux, Windows and Mac - OSX environments.
Operating System: Windows 98/XP/NT/2000/2003, UNIX LINUX, RHEL, SOLARIS, MAC-OSX
AWS Services: EC-2, ELB, VPC, RDS, IAM, CloudFormation, S3, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, SNS, SQS, and EBS.
Source Control Tools: Subversion, GIT and Perforce
Build Tools: ANT and Maven
CI Tools: Hudson, Jenkins and Cruisecontrol
Configuration Tools: Chef, Puppet and Ansible
Automation Tools: Docker
Monitoring Tools: Nagios and Splunk
Repositories: Nexus and Artifactory
Clustering Software: RedHat Cluster Suite and Veritas Cluster.
Tracking Tools: Jira, ClearQuest
Web Servers: WebLogic, WebSphere, Apache Tomcat, JBOSS
Networking Services: FTP, SSH, TELNET, TCP/IP, HTTP, DHCP, SNMP, FTP, SMTP, NFS, WinScp, SAN/NAS, RAID LEVELS.
Web Technologies: HTML, CSS, XML, XSLT
Confidential - Chicago, IL
DevOps & AWS Engineer
- Creating policy domains, realms, policies and rules, configuring access to User directories, setting up response attributes and cookie variables, defining authentication schemes in a SSO Environment.
- Setting up Sun Directory server Replication and support to include patching, tuning, maintenance, troubleshooting and use of Directory Server tool
- Set-up and maintain fully automated CI/CD pipeline for multiple Java / .NET environments using Git, Jenkins, Puppet / Chef.
- Utilized AWS Console and AWS CLI for deploying and operating AWS services VPC, EC2, S3, EBS, IAM, ELB, CloudFormation and Cloud Watch.
- Used Security Groups, NACL's, Internet Gateways, NAT instances and Route Tables to build a secure zone environment for organizations in AWS public cloud.
- Extensively involved in infrastructure as code, execution plans, resource graph and change automation using Terraform. Managed AWS infrastructure as code using Terraform.
- Expertise in writing new plug-ins to support new functionality in Terraform.
- Created scripts in Python, which integrated with Amazon API to control instance operations.
- Worked on AutoScaling, Cloud Watch (monitoring), AWS Elastic Beanstalk (app deployments), AWS S3 (storage) and AWS EBS (persistent disk storage).
- Wrote Json templates for CloudFormation and Ruby scripts for Chef Automation and contributing to our repository on GITHUB.
- Used AWS Lambda to run servers without managing them and to trigger and run code by S3 and SNS.
- Automated backups by Shell / PowerShell scripts for Linux / Windows and for to transfer data in S3 bucket.
- Defined dependencies and plug-ins in Maven pom.xml for various activities and integrated Maven with GIT to manage and deploy project related tags.
- Configuration of various plug-ins for Jenkins for automation of the workflow and to optimize smooth running of build jobs.
- Worked in different software development life cycles using the Waterfall, Agile methodologies and have great experience with the tools like GITHUB, Jenkins, JIRA, Subversion (SVN) etc.
- Developed scripts for deployment of customer environments into AWS, using Bash and Python.
- Scripting of administration tasks using CLI, PowerShell, Shell, and Ruby.
- Implemented Jenkins for Continuous Integration Builds, automated deployments, and Notifications.
- Built upstream and downstream jobs in Jenkins to build and deploy onto different environments.
- Created and managed a Docker deployment pipeline for custom application images in the cloud using Jenkins.
- Experienced in deploying and maintaining multi-container applications through Docker.
- Experienced working on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, Compose and Docker registry.
- Experienced working on Docker Hub, creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Created continuous integration system using GIT, Maven, Jenkins, JFrog, and AWS Code Deploy for full automation, Continuous Integration, faster and flawless deployments.
- Hands on experience with implementing Puppet and Chef.
- Created Puppet manifests, classes and modules to automate system operations.
- Created Custom Puppet modules for bootstrapping new servers with the required application dependencies and packages.
- Expertise in using various Puppet features such as Resource management (Package, Service, and File), User Management, Modules, Class, Definition, Templates, Factor and external commands.
- Managed deployment automation using Puppet: Roles, Profiles, MCollective, Hiera, and Custom Puppet modules.
- Set-up the Chef servers, Chef Workstations, Chef Nodes and involved in bootstrapping new infrastructure Chef Nodes for software configurations management.
- Configured multiple cookbooks, recipes, templates and attributes on workstations to be deployed to various Chef Nodes.
- Involved in Chef-infra maintenance including backup/security fix on Chef Server.
- Deployed and maintained Chef role-based application servers, including Apache, Resin, Splunk and Tomcat.
- Designing, developing, implementing, testing, and maintaining applications in IBM UDeploy/URelease.
- Integrated Splunk with AWS deployment using Puppet to collect data from all database server systems into Splunk.
- Installed/Configured and Managed JFrog Artifactory Repository Manager and all the Repositories.
- Experienced working with servers connected to on SAN and NAS environments like EMC and NetApp.
- Worked on Grub, PXE boot, Kickstart, Packages, Yum, RPMs, LVM, Boot from SAN, file system configuration.
- RPM and YUM package installations, patch and other server management.
- Installed and configured SSH & SSL for secured access on Linux Systems.
- Worked on Linux kernel issues, memory upgrade & swap area to resolve the performance of severs.
Environment: AWS, ANT, Maven, SVN, GIT, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Docker, Python, Ruby, UDeploy, JFrog, Splunk, Perl, BASH, PowerShell, WebLogic, Jira.
Confidential - Southlake, TX
Build and Release Engineer
- Build, manage, and continuously improved the build infrastructure for global software development engineering teams including implementation of build scripts, continuous integration infrastructure and deployment tools.
- Management of customer requirements and documentation of the Project Plan as per the requirements.
- Installed and customized rational tools like ClearCase and ClearQuest , support and maintenance of these tools.
- Designed and implemented Subversion and CVS metadata including elements, labels, attributes, triggers and hyperlinks.
- Implemented & maintained the branching, merging and build/release strategies utilizing Subversion/CVS .
- Assisted Migrating code base from CVS to Subversion Client.
- Used ANT as a build tool on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Wrote ANT Scripts to automate the build process. Configured Bamboo for doing the build in all the non-production and production environments.
- Set-up and configure Bamboo , created Jobs for automating build and deploy activities.
- Worked on Artifactory repository to maintain artifacts and used as a local repository.
- Responsible for writing/modifying scripts using sh, Ksh , and Bash for day-to-day administration.
- Developed NIX and Perl Scripts for the purpose of manual deployment of the code to the different environments and email the team when the build is completed.
- Build artifacts (war and ear) and deployed into a WebLogic server by integrating the WLST scripts to Shell Scripts.
- Executed user administration and maintenance tasks including creating users, groups, reports and queries.
- Worked as a system administrator for the build and deployments process on the enterprise server.
- Experienced in integrating Junit, finding bugs, check style, code analysis and testing during the build.
- Integrated Eclipse with Selenium Server for doing the automated smoke testing of the application standalone.
- Created a change requests, work orders and problem tickets using BMC Remedy tool and getting approvals from higher officials.
- Prepared servers for Oracle RAC installation, which includes tuning the kernel, agent installation.
- Involved in periodic archiving and storage of the source code for disaster recovery.
Environment: Linux, UNIX, SVN, CVS, Tomcat, JBoss, Bamboo, Clear Case, Subversion, JIRA, Shell, Perl, MS SQL Server, WebLogic, Eclipse, Remedy, Oracle.
UNIX / Linux Administrator
- Administration of Sun Servers (SPARC and x86) running Solaris 9, 10 and Dell, HP Servers running SUSE, RedHat EL 3, 4.x, 5, HP-UX, Centos which included jumpstarting, performing live upgrades of Solaris operating systems and Kick starting RedHat EL 3, 4.x, 5.
- Installation and support of various applications and Databases including Oracle, MySQL and Sybase along with WebLogic 10, JBOSS 4.2.x, Oracle 10g, Sun Java System WebServer 7, Tomcat.
- Involved in working with QA team in load and Integration testing of J2EE applications on JBOSS Application Servers.
- Created VMs for SUSE, Solaris x86 and RedHat Linux on VMware ESX 3.5 and administering them with VI Client.
- Performed volume management using VERITAS Foundation Suite 5, SVM and LVM and the creation of zfs, VxFS, UFS and ext3 file systems.
- Provisioning of LUNs from SAN based on McData Switches and Hitachi Based Storage.
- Patch management using native commands on Solaris and Linux and following the chance control procedures.
- Performance tuning and troubleshooting of the applications arising out of the ticketing systems in Remedy.
- Modified the Linux Kernel (2.4) to control the swap.
- Configuration and support of VERITAS Cluster Server 5.0 for various agents including SAP, Oracle, DNS.
- Extensive experience in programming with C, C++, Device driver, Application Services on UNIX, Windows Host.
- Strong scripting knowledge (Perl and Shell) to perform different administration tasks.
- Experienced in Shell scripting (ksh, bash) to automate system administration jobs.
- Backup and restore of file systems using VERITAS Netbackup 6.5.
- Decommission of the servers/service groups, which include removal of Databases, DNS, take full ad-hoc backup of file systems, removal from backups, and removal from AD.
- Monitored servers using tools like BMC and Nagios and providing 24x7 supports on call rotation basis.
Environment: Linux (RHEL 4.x/5.x), Solari8/9/10, VERITAS Volume Manager, VMWARE, Apache, Tomcat, Web Servers, WebSphere Application Servers 6.x.