Results - driven IT professional with 7 years of demonstrated success designing, implementing, and managing large scale corporate network solutions while consistently meeting critical deadlines. Team oriented and solutions-focused technical leader with excellent communication skills and proven ability to resolve complex issues and manage numerous customer/vendor relationships.
Networking: BGP, TCP/IP, OSPF, WLAN, LAN, IP Fabric Cisco Router/Switch/Firewall, Arista, Brocade, Palo Alto, Aerohive, Meraki, Aruba, Cisco Wireless Palo Alto, F5
Platforms: Cisco Nexus, IOS, CatOS, JunOS, Brocade, Arista, Microsoft Windows, Alctel
Tools: Cisco WCS, Cisco ACS, Cisco Works, Stealthwatch, SolarWinds, Remedy, ServiceNow, Ekahau Site Survey, AirMagnet WiFi Analyzer Pro, MS Office, SolarWinds, Sniffer, Wire Shark, Visio, Cloudvision, Netbrain, Notepad
Confidential, Plano, Texas
Data Center Network Engineer
- Design, implement, troubleshoot, and manage datacenter and wireless networks for multiple clients.
- Deployed VXLAN/EVPN tunneling mechanism in an overlay Layer 2 network on top of Layer 3 network in a gradual conversion, deploying the BGP underlay and overlay in planned maintenance windows.
- Increased network capacity from 8 leaf pairs to 17 leaf pairs, also increased capacity management switches with additional line cards, upgraded code using Cloudvision from EOS f to add VXLAN capability, implemented over a period of six months as customer needs required.
- Upgraded Cloudvision Portal code version from 2017.2 to 2018.2, enhancing CVP’s capabilities, and supporting newer code versions on Arista switches.
- Upgraded code on 32 Brocade VDX pairs over a 1-month period.
- A bug found in older code versions could cause a memory rewrite issue rendering the device unresponsive.
- Details included: Existing connections were verified, a change requests created, backups performed.
- Devices which failed during the process were replaced in line with upgrade.
Confidential, Houston, Texas
- Assist in operation and troubleshooting enterprise level switching and routing networks.
- Enterprise network included: 150 WAN sites of various sizes with overall LAN servicing 26,000+ employees.
- Implemented new LAN/WLAN sites. Upgraded existing equipment based on site surveys. Site surveys assessed wireless climate with a mixture of hardware and software tools that created predictive map locations, user densities, coverage areas, and access point locations and quantities.
- Additional tasks included: created scopes and reservations in DHCP, assigning and sub - dividing subnets for new deployments, and adding subnets to wireless LAN controllers.
- Migrated small sites (2 - 10 users), medium sites (up to 500 users), and enterprise sites (up to > 5,000 users) from existing ISP providers to new lower cost ISP providers to reduce costs and improve bandwidth. Details include: Updating VLANs, virtual interfaces, and OSPF routing statements to support the new providers equipment. High priority was given to achieve zero downtime for end users.
- Deployed Cisco voice and data equipment to new and existing small and medium sized sites for data and voice connectivity to 150+ sites, as well as 2 inhouse data centers and CUCM clusters on Cisco 2821, 2911, 2921, and 6509 (L2 and L3 functionality) routers.
- Project replaced Cisco equipment with Brocade devices on the core, distribution, and access layer networks in enterprise and medium size sites over an 18-month period. Details included: tracking devices on the network, mapping devices, matching port settings on the new equipment, bringing new switches online, and adding users, decommissioning switches, striving for maximum efficiency with minimal user impact.
- Migrated approximately 100 VPN tunnel connections between our system and vendor sites, migrating from a Cisco 3000 Concentrator to Palo Alto PA-5000 and 3000 devices in an active/passive configuration in a 6-month timeframe.
- Troubleshooting, including desktops, laptops, printers, printing issues, server connectivity, peripherals, responding to trouble tickets utilizing the Remedy ticket software, maintenance and repair of some devices.
- Port speed changes, VLAN changes, enable/disable ports, various troubleshooting of hardware, software, and connectivity to the network.
Desktop Management Analyst
- Contract role to assist with day to day activities and projects in the IT department.