- Managed High Availably EMC Clariion, VNX, VMAX series arrays, Confidential Equallogic, Compellent, Hitachi, and Netapp frames: providing installation/upgrade support, performance tuning, hardware/software troubleshooting and resolution, root cause analysis, server installations.
- Administered Cisco and Brocade Switch Fabrics providing zoning, port assignments and overall performance and functionality support.
- Highly familiar with the various types of multipath software including installation and configuration
- Architected and managed Ascension SolarWinds National Platform
- Expert in NAS systems using iSCSI and/or FC for creation of file systems for CIFS and NFS shares; installed and administered various NAS storage arrays including Hitachi, EMC, Confidential and Netapp vendors. Adept at adding hosts to NAS environment to include configuring switches and host NICs for jumbo frames, replication, failover and performance monitoring.
- Configured and monitored replication functions in event of disaster to promote eligible array to take over primary functions, precluding production/data loss.
- Served as Server Team Lead regularly diagnose, resolve, and document root cause analysis for problems in the area of server hardware, operating systems, and 3rd party applications. Manage Active Directory, Print Services, Microsoft Clustering, DNS, Microsoft patching, Citrix, McAfee Anti - Virus for Windows servers, out-of-band utilities such as Confidential Remote Access Cards, 300+ applications.
- Maintained Tape Unit backups with various backup software vendors including CommVault, Netbackup, Backup Exec Software ensuring data is backed up and performing optimally.
- Swap tapes periodically for off-site archival purposes.
- Managed EMC Avamar and Netback up appliance grids for replication and backup/restore functions encompassing over 1PB of critical production data.
- Responsible for configuration, layout and performance tuning of storage infrastructure.
- Plans, coordinates, and is responsible for the execution of the business continuance and disaster recovery plans as agreed upon Managing Entities.
- Performs necessary storage infrastructure maintenance in accordance with storage vendor and customer’s change management policies.
- Performs necessary data migration as required and defined by storage vendor migration practices.
- Provides analysis of Environment and Best Practice knowledge transfer.
- Generate regular operations reports using vendor supplied tools
- Recommend changes to procedures, which result in operational optimization.
- Participate in Root Cause Analysis reviews when applicable.
Sr. Storage Engineer
- responsible for storage equipment management and support for EMC VMAX/VNX Unified, Confidential Compellent/Equallogic, Hitachi SAN/ HNAS, Netapp filers, iSCSI, as well as associated fabric switches such as Brocade and Cisco.
- Also, architected and managed SolarWinds Monitoring Platform for over 250,000 end devices including Servers, Network, Applications and Storage devices.
Server Team Lead
- responsible for supporting an Enterprise Environment comprising 5 Datacenters which supports over 15,000 users in a 24x7 healthcare network.
- Also, SAN Administrator for DellEMC fibre arrays and Network Attached Storage arrays as well tape backup and accompanying Brocade/Cisco Director Switches.
- Additionally, managed DX6000 archiving array utilizing Symantec Enterprise Vault.
- responsible for supporting an Enterprise Environment with 320+ Windows (2000, 2003, 2008), Linux (SLES 10), and VMware servers with 7,700 windows workstations supporting more than 15,000 users in a 24x7 healthcare network.
- Managed Storage and Backup environment as well.
- Overseeing Enterprise Level Support for Confidential Network Attached Storage Systems (NAS), Tape Backup Units (TBU) and Storage Area Networks (SAN).
- Advanced knowledge of Brocade, Cisco Fabric switches; EMC Clariion, AX Series (fibre and iSCSI) and associated software for SAN arrays; Confidential Server line; Qlogic and Emulex HBA’s; SAS and SATA technologies; Clustering and backup solutions such as Netbackup, Commvault and Back Up Exec as well as associated Tape/Disk back up hardware.