Protocols & Topology: MPLS (rLFA, LFA, RSVP - TE, LDP, L3VPN, MP-BGP), OSPF, BGP, RIP, EIGRP, IS-IS, HSRP, VRRP, TCP/IP, IPSec, Wireless 802.11a/b/g, QoS, VoIP, DMVPN, SMLT, Cisco Nexus (VDC, VPC, FabricPath), DSL
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux, Mac OS, Cisco (IOS-XE, IOS, NX-OS), Juniper (JUNOS)
Network Hardware: Cisco Catalyst (6500, 3500, 3700, 3800, 9300), ASR (1000 series, 903), Nexus (5500, 5600, 7000, 7700 series), ASA (5500 series), UCS; Checkpoint Firewalls, Juniper Routers and SRX, F5 Viprion (LTM, GTM, vCMP), Netscreen firewalls, Avaya (Nortel) Switches and Routers, RuggedComm, Opengear Console ServersNetwork Management Infoblox GridManager, HP OpenView, HP Service Manager, Solarwinds Orion, NetBrain, Riverbed SteelCentral
- Developing product and design around Cisco Secure Agile Exchange
- Automation and multi site network design to be deployed in multiple colocation facilities
- Designed and installed a private MPLS network across multiple operating companies.
- RSVP Traffic Engineering tunnels where more stringent performance was required.
- Designed and implemented IPv6 solution, 6VPE, across MPLS network.
- Built multiple labs to include +$2M lab and staging facility to test and pre-configure equipment before sending onsite.
- Architect and engineer for network modernization program. Designed and implemented phased solution to migrate +20 year legacy EIGRP network to private MPLS/SD-WAN solution.
- Developed lightweight configuration and management system using core linux tools (Expect/AWK/BASH).
- Design and implementation of Field Area Network (WiSUN/WiMAX/LTE) for IoT project to support in excess of 6 million nodes.
- Senior escalation resource and trainer for engineering team.
- Provide operational/consultation support to various other project teams (security, application delivery, cloud, etc..) as needed.
Technical Architect Consultant
- Delivery lead for various network assessment/reviews.
- Work with Sales to pursue additional opportunities.
- Developed tools and lab resources for fulling contract obligations and train team members.
- ACI Datacenter design. Full lifecycle from technology and equipment selection to detail design work.
- Designed and built +10G LAN testing and analysis tool using VMWare ESXi hosts and Ubuntu VM’s
Project Network Architect
- Designed and built new infrastructure for two datacenters.
- CLOS spine/leaf design with Cisco FabricPath, VDC, VPC+, OSPF, BGP, Cisco Nexus 7000 and 5000 switches for core network. F5 Viprion, vCMP, LTM's for application delivery, Checkpoint firewalls for security.
- Recommendation of equipment and technologies. Take selected designs from inception, through test, acquisition, and on to installation and training. Providing detailed designs and configuration for all devices.
- Planned and managed the migration to new network, focusing on minimal downtime and optimization of current systems in new environment. EIGRP to OSPF migration and optimization of current WAN solution.
- Crafted Cisco iWAN (DMPVN, WAAS, etc.) solution.
- Custom scripted network changes and discovery.
Principal Network Architect
- Design and build datacenter solutions supporting Confidential ’s eLearning applications
- Cisco Nexus design and build. Cisco ASRs for edge routing, Juniper SRX firewalls and F5 LTMs for security. Designed and executed conversion of large Cisco VSS infrastructure to Nexus VPC. Cisco Enhanced Event Manager, (EEM), script development for improved, automated services tracking and fail-over.
- Amazon Web Services Hybrid Cloud design and build with mutli-region optimization, inter-cloud transport, and fail-over.
- VMware vCloud Director 5.1. Deployed F5 VE’s and VM’s, designed and implemented VLANs and VXLANs, interconnected separate vCD instances.
- Research and design of automated NFV (F5 VE, Vyatta, Cisco CSR1000) deployments and management in both Amazon Web Services and VMware vCloud Director/Cisco UCS environments
Sr. Network Engineer
- Team Lead for Major Incident Team.
- Tier 2/3 support and implementation of new service, troubleshooting outages, and maintenance of customer enterprise networks.
- Support of Juniper MPLS core; Foundry/Juniper VPLS service.
- Cisco, Juniper, and Foundry access switches. Cisco ASA/PIX, Netscreen, Checkpoint firewalls. F5 LTM load balancers.
- Designed and presented courses on Data Center and WAN technologies to drive support for Enterprise equipment sales by educating existing customers on the real dollar value of Unified Communications and Converged Networks.
- Increased Partner and brand retention by providing support to customers with legacy networks and demonstrating the value of upgrading to new platforms without the need for a forklift, network wide replacement
- VoIP, (both SIP and H.323), solutions as well as hybrid TDM PBX designs, provided network convergence without a need for complete overhaul, drove increased sales significantly in the first two quarters of 2009
Sr Network Engineer
- Designed, tested and deployed international Cisco MPLS WAN with DMVPN backup
- Resident Engineer on site for new Nortel LAN/WAN install at Denver Newspaper Agency’s new building.