Professional Network Engineer with proven experience in QA testing, system integration, implementation and advanced network solutions, in voice video and data networks. Highly skilled in administration, troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and network design, development and deployment. Focused on finding challenge and intellectual growth while supporting company objectives.
Excellent skills in administration and management.
Intimate knowledge of network design, integration, and security issues.
Experience with several Linux installations as well as Windows Operating Systems
Strong oral and written communication skills; polished presentation skills.
In - depth knowledge of Cisco routers, switches, video and security devices.
Confidential, Rapid City, SD
- Responsibilities varied over the years from Call Manager administration, switch installation and programming as well as router installs, VPN setup and Firewall troupleshooting.
- Final duties included Cisco Wireless design, implementation and administration as well as WebEx Administration and integration into Call Manager and to classic VCS video network.
Confidential, Round Rock, TX
- Responsible to troubleshoot anomalies with Confidential with customers via telephone.
- Provide Customer Service and support to customers on a case by case basis.
- Support Microsoft operating systems, Windows98, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000, and Windows XP
- Provide support for computer peripherals and 3rd party hardware and software
Confidential, Austin, TX
Sr. Systems Engineer
- Responsible for supporting internal staff and complex labs in environments comprised of Confidential VOIP routers Cisco routers ranging from 12008's to 2500's, and several different brands of switches.
- Supported and managed NT 4.0 and Win2000 Servers and Workstations and various Linux installations. Installed and maintained Active Directory and SMS and Proxy services.
- Maintained LAN/WAN connectivity and Security systems including firewall, VPN, routers and T - 1's.
- Maintained, debugged, and installed routers and switches from Broadcom, Cisco, Nortel, and Intel. Worked intimately with Cisco IOS and VXWorks.
- Installed and operated many types of test equipment including, Netcom Systems, Ganymede Chariot, WWG, Network Associates and Simplesoft hardware and software.
- Wrote and executed test plans for the Confidential PXP series platforms.
Confidential, Vermillion, SD
- Support the complete networking environment. Including Token - ring and Ethernet LANs, to T1's, and DS-3WAN connections.
- Administered and installed Novell servers, and Windows workstations and servers. Installed and maintained MS SNA, Exchange, and Active Directory structure.
- Programmed and debugged problems with switches, routers (primarily Cisco), and terminal servers of various makes via CLI or CiscoWorks2000 and Spectrum software.
- Installed hardware at remote sites and worked with ISP to establish connectivity.
- Installed and maintained fiber-optic and copper cabling throughout the campus.
- Worked with various Email programs ranging from MSMail, Microsoft Exchange, and LotusNotes 5.0.
- Operated and maintained Spectrum and CiscoWorks network management servers/clients.
Confidential, North Sioux City, SD
Corporate Employee Development Specialist
- Instruct Gateway Customer Support personnel on Confidential Products and Policies.
- Developed of New Product Introduction course material for Gateway Customer Service Personnel.
- Tested and troubleshot Confidential Products with Gateway software and hardware.
- Reviewed and recommended Confidential End User Documentation prior to production.
- Responsible for troubleshooting anomalies with computer hardware and software, and worked with various operating systems.
Confidential, Vermillion, SD
Graduate Teaching Assistant
- Coordinated professors' classroom activities and lectures; proctored tests, assigned grades, and organized study groups for Political Science 101 classes. Instructed classes ranging from 30 to 250 students.