Hypervisor: VMware vSphere (ESXi, vCenter Server) v 3.5 / 4.0 / 4.1 / 5.0 / 5.1 / 5.5 / 6.0 / 6.5 / 6.7
Software Define Network (SDN): VMware NSX - V v 6.1.4 / 6.2 / 6.3 / 6.4 ; NSX-T v 2.5
Cloud Management Platform (CMP): VMware vRealize Automation v 6.2 / 7.0 / 7.4 / 8.0 / 8.1
Monitoring: VMware vRealize Operations v 6.6 / 7.0 / 8.0
Log Management: VMware vRealize LogInsight v 3.0 / 3.3 / 4.7 / 8.0
Costing: VMware vRealize Business (formerly known as ITBM) (will be decomm in 2020)
VMware vRealize Operations 8.0 (Costing module): Disaster Recovery
VMware Site Recovery Manager v 5.1 / 5.8 / 8.1: VMware vSphere Replication v 5.1 / 5.5 / 8.1
3rd party vDS: Cisco Nexus 1000V v 4.2(1) SV1(4)
Application Virtualization: Citrix XenApp v 6.0 / 6.5
Operating System: Microsoft Windows Server 2000 / 2003 / 2008 R2 / 2016
Hardware: Cisco UCS, HP, Dell, Confidential, & VCE vBlock
Scripting: PowerCLI / PowerShell / YAML / XML / Python / REST API / Terraform
Cloud: Amazon AWS
Sr Virtualization-Engineer / Architect
- Design and Deploy of Virtualization stack in VMware vSphere in multiple sites with external PSC (Platform Service Controllers) to form multi-master replication domain.
- Design and Deploy of private cloud with VMware vRA (vRealize Automation), CAS (Cloud Automation Services). Developing Server blueprints in Service Broker. Custom blueprints using YAML code. ServiceNow and Infoblox integration.
- Design and Deploy of Software Defined Network (SDN) in VMware NSX-V in multiple sites with extended L2 segments
- Implementing Micro-Segmentation in VMware NSX-V to comply with Security posture
- Implementing NSX-T in greenfield environment and migrating workloads
- Upgrading NSX-V to NSX-T with migration co-ordinator
- Deploying vRealize Network Insight (vRNI) to monitor network virtualization stack NSX-V
- Sizing and Deploying of vRealize LogInsight (vRLI) to capture log information for virtualization environment.
- Deploying and configuring alerts in vRealize Operations (vROPS). Creating custom dashboards, reports and costing information for Leadership. Capacity management, Cost of ownership per application and Performance troubleshooting using vROPS.
- Deploying vRealize Life Cycle Manager (vRLCM) to manage all vRealize suite applications vROPS, vRA, vRO, vRLI, vRNI upgrade and scale-out.
- Setting up the Disaster Recovery for tier1 applications using VMware SRM (Site Recovery Manager) with Storage Array based Replication (EMC Recover Point).
- Setting up multiple UCS (Cisco Unified Computing Systems) domains across sites. Managing these UCS Managers through UCS Central and Cisco Intersight.
- Design and Deploy of Cisco Hyperflex HCI (Hyper Converged Infrastructure) environment.
- Setting up the VDI (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure) environment.
- Collaborates with Application Architects in designing solutions to deploy onto SHC (Stanford Healthcare) Infrastructure.
- Weekly meetings with partnets(VMware, Cisco, etc.,) TAM (Technical Account Manager), and SE (Systems Engineer) about Product bugs, improvement areas and best practice adaptation.
- Responsible for creating design & implementation documents, and SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) to hand-off operations support to Operations team.
- Working on IaC - Infrastructure as Cod “DevOps Automation with Terraform and VMware initiative”.
Sr VMware Consultant
- Install and configure virtual clusters in VMware vCenter 6.5 with PSC (Platform Service Controller), ESXi 6.5 and 6.0
- Troubleshoot VMs Network & Storage related issues from VMware side and coordinate with Network & Storage teams to clearly articulate the issue.
- Troubleshoot issues with VMware Distributed switch, NIC teaming & load balancing.
- Good understanding of external PSC and vCenter topology
- Perform DR-drills to bring up a portion of VMware vSphere environment in DR site manually and through SRM.
- Troubleshoot VMware HA/DRS clusters in aspect of Admission Control, calculation slot size, failover capacity, and reserving a percentage of cluster resources.
- Report generation, Dashboards creation and troubleshooting using VMware vRealize Operations (vROPs 6.6)
- Delivery Architect for all live supported accounts (120+ live and 40+ in transition)
- Working as a VMware SDDC architect with a focused area in network virtualization with VMware NSX
- Design review of VMware SDDC stack implementation in cloud in Confidential Public Cloud - SoftLayer
- Handling Transition of new accounts from Technical front
- Guiding support team in Critical incidents
- Driving Automation projects across business unit using tools like VMware vRA, vRO, and PowerCLI
- Providing solutions to new deals and peer solution review
ConfidentialVMware Sr Cloud Engineer
- Working as a VMware Sr Cloud Engineer with a focused area in network virtualization with VMware NSX
- Building vApps, & VMs in a multi-tenant Private Cloud environment (using vCloud Director 5.6.4)
- Managing VMware NSX network components like VMware NSX Manager, Controllers, DLR(Distributed Logical Routers), ESGs (Edge Services Gateways), Load Balancers, and DFW (Distributed Firewalls)
- Supporting Cisco UCS B-series blades with UCS Manager by creating/managing Service Profiles, Templates, Policies, and Pools.
- Managing VMware vSphere, which is underlying Hypervisor layer for vCD & NSX.
- Managing Operations with VMware vRealize Operations and VMware vRealize Log Insight.
- Creating Proof of Concept with vRealize Automation for the already implemented multi-tenant Private cloud.