Senior Network Engineer with over 12 years of experience. Extensive experience developing, maintaining, and troubleshooting global commercial and military networks and working with international teams to standardize technology with zero to little service disruptions. Well - developed skills collaborating with team members, overseeing Junior Network Engineers to handle new network builds and flawless migrations, and creating physical and virtual network Modeling Labs for migration testing and staff training. Dedicated team leader with a proven track record of success implementing and maintaining mission-critical networks, maintaining inventory essential to network security, and working with international teams to standardize company networking platforms and reduce complexity.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
Network Development & Maintenance
Diagnoses & Troubleshooting
Cisco Data Center Technologies
Cisco Routing & Switching
New Builds & Migrations
Training & Mentoring
Global Network Standardization
AREAS OF EMPHASIS:
Development & Maintenance, Cisco Technologies, Global Networks
Switches: Cisco Switches Nexus 93108TC-FX, 9336C-FX2, 9508, 93240YC-FX2, Catalyst 2960, 3550, 3750, 3850, 6509, 6513, 4500; Juniper EX4200, EX4500, EX4550, EX8216, EX2500, EX2200, XRE200, QFX.
Routers: Cisco ASR, ISR, 1700, 1800, 2800, 2900, 3800, 7200; Juniper MX80, MX480, MX960, J4350.
Firewalls: ASA, Checkpoint, FortiGate, Palo Alto.
Load Balancers: F5 LTM, Citrix NetScaler
Additional: Cisco CML, Cisco VIRL, Cisco ACS, Cisco WLC, Fortigate Analyzer, IXIA Breaking Point, Netbrain, Infoblox NetMRI, Infoblox Grid Manager, Solarwinds Orion, OpsRamp, Microsoft Azure, Avocent, SumoLogic, Cisco FireSight Manager, Cisco IPS, Palo Alto IPS, Mcafee NSM, FireEye IDS, Qradar SIEM, Bluecoat Proxy SG, Symantec WSS, Tufin SecureTrack
Confidential, Plano, TX
Senior Network Engineer - Infrastructure & Operations
- Designed & Implemented Cisco ASA AnyConnect solution to support immediate need for additional remote seats.
- Supported Design and Troubleshooting of all Core Network infrastructure at Home Office, Distribution Centers, and Data Center.
- Ensured all networks devices were properly monitored and configurations were being backed up by Solarwinds.
- Responsible for troubleshooting of Aruba and Meraki wireless solutions at Home Office, Distribution Centers, and Stores
Confidential, Irving, TX
Senior Network Engineer
- Analyze, diagnose, troubleshoot, and correct network problems as needed with zero to minimal service disruptions.
- Train staff to handle new builds and migrations.
- Escalate troubleshooting for network operations, providing necessary support for all levels of technology.
- Assist with the planning and integration of quarterly maintenance windows at multiple data centers worldwide.
- Worked with team members around the world to standardize company networking platforms and reduce complexity by eliminating use of multiple equipment vendors in Data Centers and offices.
- Collaborated with other team members to ensure flawless Data Center migrations, including overseeing the successful Cisco firewall and Juniper to Nexus switch migrations.
- Completed Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) migrations to ensure zero downtime for client networks.
- Created physical and virtual network Modeling Labs for migration testing and staff training using Cisco Nexus Spine/Leaf architecture, Cisco and Juniper routing and switching, and integration with Cisco Modeling Labs (VIRL) virtual environments.
Confidential, Irving, TX
Senior Network Engineer
- Perform diagnoses, troubleshooting and correction for network problem in a large worldwide network.
- Troubleshooting firewalls, routing, load balancing and switching equipment to include MPLS routers, ASA s, Checkpoint/Juniper/Palo Alto/Juniper firewalls, Sourcefire IPS, Cisco and Juniper switch, NetScaler F5 load balancers, and Solarwinds monitoring.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining Sourcefire IPS, FirePower Management Center, MacAfee NSM, Palo Alto IPS, Tufin, Qradar SIEM, Bluecoat SG, Threatpulse, and Symantec DLP, in a large worldwide network.
- Assist in planning and implementing quarterly Multi Data Center Maintenance Windows.
- Worked across multiple Platforms: Cisco Switches: 2960, 3750, 3850, Nexus 5k, 6509, 6513, 4500 series; Juniper switches: EX4200, EX4500, EX4550, EX8216, EX2500, EX2200 and XRE200.
- Cisco Routers: ASR, ISR, 2800s, 2900s. Juniper Routers: MX80, MX480, MX960 and J4350. Firewalls: PIX, ASA, Checkpoint, Fortigate, Netscreen and Palo Alto. Load Balancers: F5 GTM/LTM and NetScaler. Wan - Accelerators: Riverbed Steelhead.
- Point of escalation for Priority 1 incidents, troubleshooting assistance and regular On-call rotations.
- Maintained the network infrastructure critical to U.S. Army Cyber Command in the Southwest Asia region (SWACC), including F5 v11 Load Balancers, ASRs, ISRs, Cisco switches, and ACS.
- Supported equipment for CX-I, BlackCore, Secret Internet Protocol Router (SIPR), SIPR/REL, and NIPRNet enclaves using Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS), Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), and Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGPR).
- Supervised the development and building of new networks critical to the SWACC.
- Maintained inventory essential to network security according to Defense Information System Agency (DISA) guidelines.
- Acted as a key point person during peak hours to immediately troubleshoot issues and build networks in critical high-pressure environments to support the SWACC mission.
- Ensured all equipment was secure and ready for network auditing as mandated by DISA guidelines.
- Confirmed that the entire team understood all existing and new technologies and how they interacted to ensure mission success.
Confidential, Plano, TX
Primary Senior Network Engineer
- Oversaw the network infrastructure and evaluated new technologies to support corporate headquarters, the Data Center.
- Responsible for the design and implementation of Cisco WLC/LWAPP wireless infrastructure at Confidential.
- Managed the onboarding of new theater locations in the U.S. and Latin America.
- Supervised the build, operations, and maintenance of R/S, ASA, and wireless infrastructure networks using Cisco Security Manager, Prime Infrastructure, Access Control Server, and SolarWinds management tools.
- Trained and mentored Junior Network Engineers.
- Supported ASA, IPS, routing, switching, security, RSA appliances, and all related network software.
- Developed a process to ensure standardization of all theaters to ensure fast deployment of network changes through orchestration tools.
- Designed and implemented standardized methodologies to deploy and maintain wireless technologies for U.S. and Latin America locations.
- Created standalone network packages to quickly assist sites experiencing outages or to introduce new circuits using available cellular technologies.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Configured and installed various network devices and software, including ACS, WCS, WLC, LWAP, sniffers, routers, firewalls, load balancers, traffic management systems, console / terminal monitors, and more.
- Performed network maintenance and upgrades.
- Monitored network device and software performance to ensure system availability and reliability.