- Azure, Citrix and Linux Certified Software Professional wif 16 years of IT experience.
- Over 12 years of work experience on Citrix MetaFrame Presentation Server 4.0/4.5, XenApp 5.0/6.0/6.5/7.5/7.6.300/ 7.6 LTSR / 7.15 LTSR, XenDesktop 5.6/7.5/7.6.300/7.6 LTSR/7.13 / 7.15 LTSR.
- Proficient at designing and building new Citrix Environment, configuration, maintaining and upgrading Citrix environments from initial project architecture to product implementation, including testing and QA phases.
- 4 years’ experience on core Nutanix environment administration.
- Configuration, maintaining and upgrading Nutanix clusters running on Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV) and VMware ESXi.
- Experienced to Deploy DaaS environment on Azure and VMware Horizon Cloud.
- FSLogix Office Containerization for Office, OneDrive, OneNotes and Teams.
- Experienced wif virtualization technologies including Nutanix Hyperconverged infrastructure, VMware ESXi, Hyper - V.
- Analyze business requirements and recommend technical solutions.
- Experience on server building process, patching, Operating System hardening and server OS image deployment, Hands-on experience on Nutanix, HP, Dell and IBM hardware.
Confidential, Nashville, Tennessee
- SDC have two production and one test Citrix Sites running on two Nutanix AHV clusters, one is US wif 15 nodes and other one is Costa Rica wif 25 nodes. Nutanix block models are NX-3155G-G5, NX-3155G-G6 and NX-8035-G7.
- Upgraded two Nutanix clusters from 5.15 LTS to 5.18.1 to support live migration of VMs wif vGPUs enabled.
- Configured Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) on US cluster before upgrade.
- Upgraded Nutanix AHV Plug-ins for Citrix from 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168.
- Working to build new Citrix Session Recording (version 1912 LTSR CU2) environments to support both Citrix Sites.
Senior Citrix Engineer
- Confidential Desktop-as-a-Service (DaaS) running on Azure and VMware Horizon Cloud.
- Confidential Citrix Infrastructure has 2 production farms / Sites, 1 acceptance and 2 test farms.
- Involved to deploy new DaaS environment on Azure and VMware Horizon Cloud to replace existing Citrix environment.
- Created Windows10 Farm for Persistence Desktops, Windows Server 2016 Farms for Non- Persistence Desktops and Published Applications on Azure.
- Deployed FSLogix Office Containerization for Office, OneDrive, OneNote and Teams access on Non-Persistence DaaS Desktop.
- Troubleshoot Azure related issues and engage internal teams and vendor for issue resolutions.
- Working closely wif VMware Consulting Team to fix issues on Horizon Cloud.
- Migrating Citrix users to newly deployed Azure DaaS environment.
- Deploying Windows Virtual Desktop for persistence users on Azure.
- DaaS environments related Group Policy creation and management.
- End to end analyzing, designing the architecture and deploying a new Citrix Site (on XenDesktop 7.13) for 5000 persistence business users (mainly Developer, QA, Network/Security, DBA, Sys Admin, Tester and special production support) using MCS.
- The new Windows10 VDI environment running on Nutanix hardware (NX-3465S-G5 blocks) and the hypervisor is AHV.
- Coordinated efforts between the Desktop Engineering, Desktop Packaging, SCCM and business line representatives to install, configure, and test Windows 10 Citrix Desktops.
- Upgrade Nutanix AHV, Acropolis Operating System (AOS) and Nutanix Cluster Check (NCC) when new stable versions release. Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) configured on AHVs on all 10 Nutanix Clusters, increased Nutanix Controller VMs from 24 GB to 32 GB, upgrade Nutanix AHV MCS Plugin for XenDesktop and AHV Plugin for Citrix Director.
- Nutanix administration, cleanup Controller VM (CVM) home partition, morning health check using Prism Central.
- Upgrade XenApp and PVS test environment from LTSR version.
- Upgrade Old XenApp and PVS 7.6 production environment to 7.15 LTSR version and
- XenDesktop production environment from LTSR.
- Working closely wif Automation team to replace all their 550 Windows 8 Citrix Desktops wif Windows 10 Citrix Desktops.
- Worked wif Desktop Engineering team to upgrade Citrix VDI OS version from Windows 10 .
- Deployed Windows10 1709 Citrix Desktop to replace Windows10 1511and 1607 VMs.
- Worked wif Citrix Consulting Services team to build Disaster Recovery environment.
- Deploy 2 new Citrix Sites (one for XenApp and one for XenDesktop) on Nutanix Clusters in our DR Datacenter which are exactly replica of our primary sites.
- Configure Protection Domain (Async DR) over Nutanix clusters wif Remote Sites and schedule replications over the night so delta will be in sync.
- Citrix environments related Group Policy creation and management.
Confidential, Los Angeles, California
Citrix Specialist & Solution Lead
- SCE Citrix Infrastructure has 6 production farms / Sites and 2 test farms.
- Citrix XenDesktop 7.5: Installation, configuring and publishing VDI and applications for the entire environment.
- Decommissioning old Citrix XenApp 6.5 Farm.
- New VDI setup for Call Centre users.
- VDI Expansion Project
- Upgrade Sites from XenApp/XenDesktop 7.5 to 7.6.300, Citrix PVS 7.1.3 to 7.6.
- Managing the Citrix infrastructure (XenApp 4.5 / 7.6.300, Xen Desktop 5.6 / 7.6.300, PVS 6.1 / 7.6, AppSense Environment Manager 8.2 / 8.4, NetScaler 10.5)
- Updating PVS vDisks during Windows patching / Code deployment / Hotfix Installation of different applications on weekly / monthly basis
- AppSense profile management for Citrix users
- Utilizing NetScaler 10.5 ADC to Load Balancing and secure application access via SSL Offload, HA setup, ICA Proxy, Setting up policies for caching, Persistence and Rewrite.
- NetScaler s renew, yearly service accounts password reset as per cyber security policy.
- TDC three Citrix Farm, Two is running on XenApp 6.5 and the other on XenApp 5.
- KT taken from previous vendor, preparing SOP, application details and owner name and offshore-onsite coordination.
- Being onsite lead me was responsible to take care of Secondary Support, Primary Support, project go-live and cut over activities.
- Installation, Configuration, Maintenance and Troubleshooting of Citrix Presentation Server 4.5/XenApp 5 & XenApp 6.5. Responsible for Citrix server installation, configuration management, security, monitoring and tuning, troubleshooting and related vendor interfacing.
- Presented functional and technical overviews of Citrix XenApp 6.5, Edge Sight 5.4, application streaming, GPOs and AD.
- Involved in various Citrix Project Activities like preparing Citrix Farm Upgradation plan, Application compatibility testing using Citrix AppDNA, P2V of Citrix Servers etc.
- Handled escalation issue as needed from junior and senior engineers.
Citrix Subject Matter Expert
- Veolia has two Citrix Farm, one is running on XenApp 5 and the other on MetaFrame Presentation Server 4.
- Install Microsoft SharePoint and Snapshot Viewer on all the frontend Citrix servers.
- Stabilization of new XenApp 6 farm by deploying newly published hotfixes.
- Deploying, publishing and managing applications on both the farms.
- Implementation of different Change Requests related to Synergy Citrix Environment.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting XenApp 6 farm using EdgeSight.
- Monitoring Application Servers through WatsUp Glod Monitoring tool.
- We were responsible to give L2 support only for North American region. In NA region J&J have 5 Citrix farms running on MetaFrame Presentation Server 4 / 4.5.
- My responsibilities were to provide end to end analyzation, design and configure of test, development and production environment using the technologies Citrix MetaFrame Presentation Servers, Citrix XenApp, App-V, Citrix XenDesktop, Citrix Provisioning Server.
- Implement and maintain client server, web based and message based applications on Citrix servers, build on VMware ESXi and Microsoft Hyper-V hypervisor.
- Managed all Citrix related issues like connectivity, published apps not working, Customer unable to log in, Printing issue, application rights, contact Citrix support and resolve any major issues that arise using the tools Citrix EdgeSight, eG Innovation, Nagios, WatsUp Glod, Hobbit.
- Managed Citrix printers through print server. Installing HRP and updates rolled by Citrix.
- Decommission the old Citrix servers. Build NetScaler 10.5 App Expert to utilize the SharePoint site for Document management.
Citrix and Linux Administrator
- Joined Confidential at the very beginning when they were starting their Datacentre and were involved in various implementation projects.
- Installed, configured and published VDI and applications on Citrix XenApp, Citrix XenDesktop.
- Decommissioning old Citrix MetaFrame Presentation Servers Farm. Managing the Citrix infrastructure (Citrix XenApp, App-V, Citrix XenDesktop, Citrix Provisioning Server, VMware
- ESXi, Microsoft Hyper-V, and Citrix NetScaler).
- Updating PVS vDisks during Windows patching/Code deployment / Hotfix Installation of different applications on weekly/monthly basis.
- AppSense profile management for Citrix users.
- All remote users were connected using VSAT (Very Small Aperture Terminal) where NetScaler act as a gateway for secure connection.
- Load Balancing and secure application access via SSL Offload, HA setup, ICA Proxy, Setting up policies for caching, Persistence and Rewrite.
- Deployment of applications (ERP, Primavera and Microsoft Project) in production Citrix Servers.
- Configuration of Citrix policies (Bandwidth, Printer and Shadow) for the users.
- Moved applications from old Citrix Servers to new Citrix Servers.
- Created AD GPO for XenDesktop 7.13 environment along wif Citrix Policies.