- To obtain a position within the IT area allowing continued use of my technical aptitude and management for a mutually beneficial employment opportunity. A seasoned professional with a broad technical and management expertise and extensive experience supporting small, medium, large organizations.
- 9+ Years of experience as a Network Engineer.
- Thorough understanding of networking concepts pertaining to LAN, WAN protocols, Networking devices administration and maintenance.
- Hands on experience in migrating the network infrastructure to Amazon,Google,Azure cloud technologies and adding firewall rules in the cloud architechure.
- Hands on experience on Cisco 7200vxr, 7300, 4000, 3800, 2800, 2600 series routers and Cat 6500, 5000, 4000, 3750, 3560, 3500xl, 2950 series switches.
- Expert in routing protocols RIP V1,V2, EIGRP, OSPF (Single Area and Multi Area) and BGP.
- Experience in implementation, support and trouble shooting of VLAN’s including operational knowledge of spanning tree protocol STP, RSTP+, VLAN trunking, VTP, inter VLAN routing and ISL/802.1q.
- Experience in providing Gateway redundancy by using High Availability protocols such as
- HSRP, VRRP and GLBP and by providing redundant paths in an architectural view of entire topology.
- Hands on experience in planning and designing of IP addressing structure, sub - netting, VLSM.
- Configuring and Troubleshooting NetScreenJuniper firewalls 5GT, 208, SSG 5, 140, 550, 550M, SRX 240,650,3600 and high end firewalls like ISG 1000, NS 5200 using NSM and Fortinet FG/FWF 60D,60C ;FG 200D firewalls via Fortimanager.
- Configuring and troubleshooting Cisco,Juniper,PaloAlto,Fortinet Firewalls including UTM features like anti-virus, deep inspection (IDP), URL filtering and screening.
- Configuring and trouble shootingCitrix Netscaler load balancers MPX 8000,14000,17550 and Aruba 3200,7220wireless Controllers
- Working knowledge on different ticketing system tools (Remedy, Wiki,Servicenow,JIRA).
- Strong interpersonal, organizational communication, customer service & presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical skills, with the critical ability to identify security issues and quickly apply effective resolutions.
- An effective communicator with exceptional interpersonal skills and experienced in training and mentoring technical team personnel during various phases of project and customer relationship management skills.
Staff Network Engineer
- Worked in the projects of designing/implementation of the Confidential ’s new datacenter build, migrations and Confidential ’s Campus LAN/WAN network refresh as a part of network engineering team using Juniper/F5/Infoblox/Palo Alto/Cisco/Arista/Pulse Secure/Aruba’s network gear using the technologies EVPN-VXLAN Underlay-Overlay/BGP/L3-VPN/VPLS/Vtep/MLAG and Amazon/Azuretechnologies and monitoring using Plixer, AKIPS, Infoblox, Extrahoptools.
- Built a datacenter in AWS cloud using VPC Peering, Direct connect, Amazon route 53, EC2/RDS instances, auto scaling, cloud formation, VPC flow logs, NAT instances, IAM, ELB/ALB VPN tunnels, Silver-peak WAN accelerator.
- Pursuing professional growth by attending trainings and training the network operations teams to perform their day-to-day task.
- Working in the data center running fiber and copper cables along with Tier3/4 operational support.
- Documenting the network standards and procedures using playbooks in Confluence, Cisco ACI, Silver peak WAN, Arista.
- Managing the implementation of technology or business process integration plans for integrating FOX’s network with Confidential ’s/ Confidential ’s network.
- Worked on creating VLANS, provisioning ports using automation tools like CA Spectrun managercreated via the Ansible, pythonscripting.Automated networks using python libraries like Paramiko, Netmiko, Telnetlib, NAPALM, pyntc, YAML, easysnmp, jinja, XML, JASON template. Creating test bed, writing test cases, testing network topology.
- Managing/Leading the network operations team by allocating resources to various Confidential ’s movies/episodic shows in building the network around the globe to achieve the organization's vision, goals and objectives using the project management tools like Google drive, google docs and sheets, Smartsheets, Solarwinds, Atlassian’s Confluence, JIRA Service now tools.
- Prepared the network operational documents for network topology, disaster recovery, root cause analysis for outages, password repository with processes, tools, and best practices using the tools like Graffle, Visio.
- Initiating the meetings with stakeholders from various Confidential ’s movies/shows production teams via Gotomeetings/ Zoom/Webex/Bluejeans/Outlook/Gmail to understand the network business requirements and translate the expectations to the rest of the team.
- Negotiating the contracts/quotes with ISP vendors like Sohonet, Zayo, Z-Colo, Centurylink on the ISP installations and with network vendors on the network equipment procurements. Using Rancid package for network configuration backups.
Senior Network Engineer
- Owning multi-vendor wired and wireless LANs and WANs spanning multiple offices and virtual data centers in AWS, including VPNs between various data centers.
- Maintain the Cisco’s Meraki switches and access points via Cisco Meraki cloud.
- Maintain and optimize physical networking infrastructure using Cisco ASR 1000 routers, Cisco Meraki switches, Palo Alto and SonicWall firewalls, Cisco Meraki wireless access points.
- Design and implement the network using Amazon’sAWS cloud solution.
- Work with the ISP providers to get a new ISP links installed.
- Proficient in using the Hipchatmessenger and Lucidchatfor creating topology.
- Working with JIRA ticketing tool and Crashplanto backup the data on the laptops/desktops.
- Develop partnerships with IT, Security, Engineering, and Operations teams to implement new infrastructure technologies to support the ongoing growth of Rally geographical footprint.
- Exchanging the passwords using LastPass, making DNS changes using dnsmadeeasy, monitoring the network usingPagerDuty, Site24/7.
- Conducting team meeting using Google hangouts,Blue jeans, Webex, Gotomeeting, Zoom with team members in various geographical locations for team building.