- 7 years of hands on experience in Enterprise& service provider network engineering, designing, integrating, deploying, maintaining and supporting broad range of communication systems.
- Hands on experience in configuring Virtual Local Area Network (VLAN), VLAN Trunking Protocol (VTP), Dynamic Trunking Protocol (DTP), Spanning Tree Protocol (STP), RSTP, MST and Per VLAN Spanning Tree (PVST).
- Expert knowledge of redundancy protocol like HSRP and VRRP, and migrated old chassis based VSS redundancy to HSRP and VRRP redundancy protocols
- Experienced in performing configuration, testing and implementation of Citrix NetScaler HA and LB.
- Experience in Layer 2 routing Protocol Configurations: ARP, RARP, ATM/FRAME RELAY and VPN technologies: IPSEC & SSL and L4 - L7 security solutions.
- Implemented MPLS/VPN services for various customers. Experience in Layer 3 Routing Protocol configurations: RIP, OSPF, BGP, EIGRP and MPLS.
- Extensive Knowledge and hands on experience Datacenter Hardware and technologies like, Catalyst 6500 series switches, Nexus 7K,5K,2K (fabric extenders)
- Worked on load balancing methods, SSL certs, persistence profiles, SNAT IPs, client/server profiles while configuring VIPs and customizing them as per the applications needs.
- Successfully resolved communication issues between network devices and network management applications such as CA Spectrum and Infoblox NetMRI.
- Primary responsibility is to design and deploy various network security & high availability products like Cisco ASA other security products.
Routing Technology: RIP, RIPV2, IGRP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, TCP/IP, Static and Dynamic Routing.
Network Products: Cisco Routers (1900, 2500, 2600, 2800, 3600, 4300,4400, 7200). Cisco Switches (2900, 3500, 4000, 4500, 5000, 6500, Nexus 9k,5k and 7k). Cisco WLCs (2504, 3850, 5508, 5520, 8510, 8540).Juniper (JUNOS) M and MX, EX series Routers. Dell and Mellanox switches.
Security & VPN: PIX 500 Firewall, ASA 5505 Firewall, ACL-Access Control List, IPS/IDS, NAT, PAT, Cisco ACS/ISE.
LAN Technology: Workgroup, Domain, HSRP, DNS, DHCP, Static, VLAN, STP, VTP, Ether Channel, Trunks.
WAN Infrastructure: Leased Line, ISDN/Dial-Up, Frame Relay circuits, Metro Ethernet.
WAN Technologies: HDLC, PPP, ATM, MPLS, VPN, IPSEC VPN, T1/T3.
AAA Architecture: TACACS+, RADIUS, Cisco ACS.
Monitoring: Solar Winds, Riverbed, Wireshark, Microsoft Network Monitor.
- Working on customer focused systems which are both internal and external to the company.
- Developing, maintaining, enhancing pre and post build scripts (Bash and Python)
- Experience with Cisco ACI fabric networks.
- Experience in Network infrastructure management/automation and systems management.
- Configuring, monitoring, and troubleshooting Dell 4148 and 3048 series Leaf switches, Arista switches
- Configuring, monitoring, and troubleshooting Mellanox SN2100 and SN2700 series Spine switches, also upgraded the OS on the switches.
- Analyze network protocols to troubleshoot networking problems and to recognize and develop network performance solutions TCP, IPv4 and/or IPv6, DNS, DHCP
- Created GIT repositories and specified branching strategies that best fitted the needs for the client.
- Configured DHCP relay with the newer models on the Mellanox management switches
- Updated Dell leaf switches to remove BGP/CAN configurations and configured them on Spine switches as part of the new management network.
- Experience in Agile Development, including defining epics, features, user stories, tasks and participating in Agile/Scrum practices
Confidential, Dorchester, MA
- Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of Cisco ASR 1k, ASR 9k series routers and Catalyst 6500, 3500 series switches.
- Primary WAN Engineer configuring, maintaining, and implementing networking infrastructure solutions on a day to day basis. Also led WAN MPLS migration project from major ISP to new ISP.
- Upgraded the core WAN routers from Cisco ISR 3800 to ASR 1001-X.
- Deployed Cisco ISE as an internal enterprise NAC solution to enhance and centralize network policy management.
- Implementing SNMP and AAA (Radius & TACACS) on various devices, allowing for Network management and access.
- Handling Clients VPN connections establish new connections and troubleshoot.
- Configured, monitored and troubleshoot Cisco's ASA 5500 security appliance Firewall, integrated firewalls with Gateway Anti-Virus and web filtering applications, like IDS.
- Incorporated Cisco Nexus 9000 NXOS to ACI fabric to work in concert with existing Nexus 7000s and ASRs for MPLS.
- Assisted with providing requirements for implementing SD-WAN across various State Parks.
- Led WAN Ethernet upgrade project where various state parks were upgraded from a single T1 to an Ethernet circuit where availability permitted. If Ethernet was not available, we upgraded to a bonded T1 multilink in rural areas.
- Experience with Meraki switches, access points and Meraki dashboard.
- Utilizing secure access (VPN, SSH) and QoS to ensure client satisfaction.
- Configured VLANs with 802.1q tagging, configured trunk groups, ether channels, and spanning tree for creating access/distribution and core layer switching architecture.
- Monitored and identified capacity and performance issues for VoIP traffic to ensure uninterrupted operation of telephony systems.
- Designed a secured wired network using Network Access Control (NAC) centered around a multi-site redundant solution with Cisco ISE and Windows Active Directory.
- Specific responsibilities included handling AAA, LDAP and Linux based devices.
- Configured 3850,3650,2960 switches and 1921,4321,4331,4451 routers
- Maintained and Supported Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) on WAN network.
- Experience with Network Automation using Python.
- Worked on reconfiguring BGP with new AS numbers over WAN connections that connect multiple locations.
- Substantial lab testing & validation prior to implementation.