- Over ten (10+) years of experience in virtualization /windows administration.
- Expertise in Windows 2000/2003/2008 R2/2012/2016 server administration and active directory administration.
- Performed system administration activities, security policies and monitored system performance both at software and hardware levels.
- Six to Eight Years working in the physical data center
- Worked in the area of Virtualization with VMware VSphere 5.1 and 5.5, 6.0, ESXi 6.0, 5.5, 5.1, vCenter server 6.0, 5.5 and 5.2.
- Extensive understanding of networking concepts.
- Excellent understanding of networking fundamentals and network security.
- Expertise in DHCP, WINS and DNS.
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP protocol suite, virtual networking, wireless networks & Cloud computing concepts.
- Experience with enterprise backup systems and disaster recovery operations; familiarity with SAN technologies; solid understanding of VSphere 4.1 and 5.
- Expertise with IP sub - netting, VLANs, Load Balancing, and High Availability (HA) architectures.
- Performance monitoring, Error logging, Diagnostics, Fine-tuning and Backup management.
- Configured TCP/ IP protocols like NIS, NFS, DNS, DHCP, LDAP, FTP, SFTP, SSH etc.
- Configured Citrix Terminal Server and Microsoft Hyper V.
- Experience in the V2V and P2V migration of Physical servers to VMware ESX hosts.
- Experience in ESX Architecture, guest OS installation, setting up of VM priorities, Cloning, Templates, and Snapshots
- Experienced in resource management framework, creating resource pools, adding the VMs into resource pools.
- Experience in Windows clustering Administration and troubleshooting.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Server OS (2000, 2003, 2008R2, 2012),
VMware Administrator/Network Administrator
- Installation and configuration of ESX servers and VM virtual servers using VM-templates to facilitate server consolidation, migration and testing.
- System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) centralized power management planning and application.
- Creating VM Sessions on ESX Host and building the Windows 2008/2012/2012 R2/2016 VM Servers.
- Configuration and Implementation of new servers according to SLA.
- Configured TCP/IP Settings, DNS, WINS on Windows 2008/2008R2/2012/2012 R2/2016 Servers.
- Creating and managing resource pools and adding the VM's into resource pools
- Experience in adding the server for Sunset and remove from Sunset.
- Installing the new tools using server build tools on all the new build server.
- Installing the patches on the servers using Confidential Bigfix.
- Adding all the server in IT inventory (GACDW)
- Installing MacAfee Anti-Virus on all the new built.
- Made or adjusted production windows scripting in PowerShell
- Analyze performance of physical servers to determine and customize virtual server specification, Extensive experience in Installing and Configuring vCenter, VMware vSphere (Infrastructure Virtualization suite), ESX/ESXi 6.2/6.0/5.5, Virtual Machines and vSphere Client.
- Assist in the management of SAN and NAS storage utilization and availability.
- Involved in operational support of Active Directory, WINS, DNS, and AD enabled applications.
- Building MS Cluster Environment for HA Applications, File Servers, Database Servers.
- Experience in Design & Development of Enterprise Data Warehouse infrastructure processes for extracting, transforming and loading data.
- Design, Implementation of Active Directory infrastructure and Network fundamentals, protocols (such as TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS), Group Policy and Profile Management.
- Performed a thorough Health Check on VMware Infrastructure using VMware Health check tool
- Working on Change Management and Request Management Tickets Service Center Tool
- Responsible for administering and supporting 350+ servers Windows Server 2003/2008.
- Certify home grown and third party applications to run in windows 2003 / 2008 Terminal server environment
- Installed, Configured and maintenance of Hosted VMware products.
- VMware vSphere client, Virtual vCenter Server.
- Virtual Networking(Virtual Switches, VM Kernel Ports) and Virtual Storage (Access Control and VMFS Datastores)
- Creation, Management and Configuration of Virtual Machines, Clone and Templates.
- Customizing guest operating system on Virtual Machines.
- Created DRS and Custom roles for users and Administrators, High availability, Clustering, VMotion, Storage Vmotion.
- Server Consolidation with VMware Converter (P2P and P2V Conversions)
- Snapshot manager and restoring a snapshot.
- Support, manage and maintain the McAfee ePO environment.
- Facilitate and manage the continued deployment lifecycle of McAfee Security suite across the enterprise.
- Configured WYSE Terminals to provide thin client solution to Business users.
- Implemented Quarterly patches to the servers suggested by Microsoft .
- Working with troubleshooting tools CDF Trace, PROC MON and Dependency Walker .
- Supported 5,000 plus User base