- Network Engineer over 7 years of experience in Routing, Switching and including network planning, implementing, configuring and troubleshooting network devices.
- Exceptional hands - on experience in implementation, administration and support of LAN, and WAN.
- Exceptional ability in implementing routing and redundancy protocols like RIP, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, HSRP, MPLS, GLBP, PPP and SNMP.
- Experience in upgrading IOS for Cisco Routers, and Switches via TFTP/FTP.
- Solid understanding in Frame Relay, Point to Point WAN technology, and LAN/WAN topologies.
- Experience with load balance applications and appliances.
- Strong Knowledge in WAN technologies including T1, T3, ISDN, HDLC, Point to Point, ATM and Frame Relay.
- Experience in adding Rules and Monitoring Checkpoint Firewall traffic through Smart Dashboard and Smart View Tracker applications.
- Worked with F5Load balancing, IDS/IPS, Bluecoat proxy servers and Administrating, authentication controls (Radius, TACACS+).
- Experience in working with Juniper routers such as MX-480, MX-960 and switches EX-4200, EX-4300, EX-8200 and Juniper firewalls such as Juniper SRX-610, SRX-3600.
- Experience in Implementing Check Point Firewalls NG, NGX, NG R55, NGX 60, NGX R65, R70, R75, R77.
- Extensive knowledge in implementing and configuring F5 Big-IPLTM-3900, and 6900 Load balancers.
- Experience with Load Balancers for administrating and monitoring global &local traffic using F5 BIG IPLTM & GTM.
- Configured Client-to-Site and site to site VPN using SSL Client on Cisco ASA 5520 ver8.2.
- Strong hands on experience in layer-3 Routing and layer-2 Switching. Dealt with Cisco router models like 7200, 3800, 3600, 2800, 2600, and 2500, 1800 series and Cisco catalyst 6500, 4500, 3750, 3500, and 2900 series switches.
- In-depth knowledge of deploying and troubleshooting LAN, WAN, Frame-Relay, Ether-channel.
- Expertise in configuring switching protocols such as ARP, RARP, VTP, PPP, VLAN, STP, RSTP, PVST+, HSRP, GLBP, VRRP and Routing Protocols such as RIP, OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, IS-IS, and MPLS.
- Troubleshooting DNS/DHCP issues within the LAN network.
- Planning, Designing and implementing Network and security solutions like Firewalls (Palo Alto, Check Point, and ASA), Data Center Switching, Bluecoat Proxy and F5 Load Balancers. Troubleshooting issues post migration of Internet traffic via Bluecoat Proxy by tracing traffic on Bluecoat or by capturing traffic.
- Experience with F5 load balancers for load balancing and network traffic management for business applications.
- Adept understanding of the JUNOS platform and worked with IOS upgrade of Juniper devices.
- Worked with Red Hat Enterprise Linux with virtual servers using VMware.
- Extensive experience in planning and deploying OpenStack cloud solutions; extending functionality for OpenStack cloud solutions.
- Detailed technical understanding of the OpenStack project ecosystem and open source hypervisor technologies;gained significant experience in assisting customers that are running into problems using OpenStack.
- Firmware upgrade for Meraki MS, Meraki MR, Meraki MV, Meraki MX for the better performance.
- Provided troubleshooting and diagnostic support at layer2/layer3 level using different technologies and tools such as Splunk (Log tool), server monitoring and Service Now and CA ticketing tool.
- Experience designing, implementing or supporting a reliable and extremely well balanced Wi-Fi client.
- Experience deploying and supporting Cisco WLAN technologies.
- Experience conducting Packet Analysis using Wireshark or equivalent tools.
- In-Depth knowledge of 802.11 / WiFi standards .
- Testing Dual - band concurrent IEEE 802.11n 2.4 GHz (3x3) and IEEE 802.11ac 5 GHz (4x4) Wi-Fi interfaces.
- Testing functionalities of WLAN extender devices.
- Understanding and experience with lab test equipment Ixia/ Veriwave/Wireshark.
- Experience performing RF site surveys.
- Experienced working on network monitoring and analysis tools like SOLAR WINDS, CISCO works, RIVERBED and Wireshark.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills, able to resolve technical challenges and provide creative solutions in high pressure production environments.
- Independent problem solving and a good team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Routers: Cisco 2600, 2800, 3600, 3750, 3800, 7200, ASR 1K and 9K., Juniper MX series.
Switches: Cisco 6500, 7600, 9300, 9500, 5800, 2900, 4000, 3500, 3560, 3850, 4500, 5000, Juniper EX series.
LAN Technologies: Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, and Gigabit Ethernet, SMTP, VLAN, Inter-VLAN Routing, VTP, STP, RSTP
WAN Technologies: Frame Relay, PPP, HDLC, (E1/T1/E3T3), DS3, OC192, ISDN, PPP, MPLS, SD WAN
Wireless Technologies: 5G, 4G/LTE, WLAN, Bluetooth, GSM, GPRS, GPS, 802.11 g/n/ac.
Network Security: Cisco ASA, ACL, IPSEC.
Nexus: 3K, 5K,7K and 9K, NX OS
Routing Protocols: OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, ISIS, GRE, VRF, PBR, Route Filtering, Redistribution, Summarization, and Static Routing.
Various Features / Services: IOS and Features, IRDP, NAT, SNMP, SYSLOG, NTP, DHCP, VPC, CDP, TFTP and FTP, NFV (Network Virtual Function), OpenStack (Neutron)
Network Management Tools: Wireshark, Netflow Analyzer, Cisco Works, SNMP, Solar winds, HP Openview, Splunk, Service Now, Spirent Abacus, Frontline, SeeTest
Load Balancers: Cisco CSM, F5 Networks (BIG-IP) LTM 8900, GSLB, A10, BIG-IP GTM 6800, Cisco ACE 4710
Operating Systems: Windows (98, ME, 2000, XP, Server 2003/2008, Vista, Windows 7/8), Linux, UNIX, MS Server, Aruba,VMware, Cisco IOS, Nokia SROS.
Firewall& Security: Checkpoint (R62, R65, R70, NGX), Cisco ASA, ACI, ISE, Palo Alto, DMVPN, Juniper SRX.
Programing Languages: C, C++, Python, SQL
Sr. Network Engineer
- Designed, Installed & configured LAN, WAN components Cisco Catalyst switches 6500, 4500, 3750 series and Cisco ASR routers 9001, 1006 according to the Network Design along with the Data Center topology.
- Working on data center Core switches for configuring Nexus 9k, Nexus 5k, 4500, 4900, 6500 series switches.
- Configured OSPF, BGP protocols on Cisco ASR 9001/1006, Cisco 7200 and troubleshoot them.
- Configured IPsec site-to-site VPN connection between Cisco VPN 3000 Concentrator and Cisco 3800
- Expertise on FTP, HTTP, DNS, and DHCP servers in windows server-client environment with resource allocation to desired Virtual LANs of network.
- Working knowledge of frame relay, MPLS services, OSPF, BGP and EIGRP routing protocols, NAT’ing, NAC product sub-netting, also including, LDAP, DHCP, HTML, TCP/IP, UDP, SNMP, OSPF, RIP, IPSEC, PPTP, VLAN, STP (Spanning tree Protocol), RTSP & Multicasting protocols
- Working on Cisco 6509 and 4507 series switches for LAN requirements that include managing VLANs, Port Security and troubleshooting LAN issues.
- Responsible for testing and certifying all different PepsiCo site types to SD-WAN before deploying over the production network. The routers type includes ISR 4331, ISR 4351, ISR 4451, ASR-1001X, ASR-1002X, vEdge-1000, and Cradlepoint modem for LTE backup.
- Actively involved in switching technology Administration including creating and managing VLANS, Port security - 802.1x, Trunking 802.1Q, RPVST+, Inter-VLAN routing, and LAN security on Cisco Catalyst Switches 4507R+E, 6509-E and Cisco Nexus Switches 2232, 5596, 7009.
- Configured AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) Groups and Users for improved login authentication. Also handled federated identity access using IAM to enable access to our AWS account.
- Created and managed cloud VMs with AWS EC2 command line clients and AWS management console.
- Development on Linux platforms via Docker on the AWS instances.
- Responsible for switching tasks such as VTP, ISL/ 802.1Q, IPsec and GRE Tunneling, VLAN, Ether Channel, STP RSTP.
- Involved in Implementing, planning and preparing disaster recovery. Involved in configuring Juniper SSG-140.
- Actively involved in Optimization of WiFi, LTE, VoLTE, VoIP & CDMA Networks.
- Day-to-day network performance monitoring, fault analysis, hardware troubleshooting, etc.
- Outlined mobile networks and troubleshot wireless hardware and software.
- Supporting the implementation of new network solutions and services through the installation of network hardware and software.
- Configured CIDR, RIP, PPP, BGP, MPLS and OSPF routing on Cisco routers and Juniper routers.
- Upgraded WLC from 4400 to 5508, used HREAP to add remote APs to branch office. Extended SSIDs over different locations, created WLAN profiles for groups & integrated with Cisco ISE for authentication
- Configured Access rules on Palo Alto 3020 firewall for network routing for B2B network connectivity.
- Verified & Validated the Firewall policy on Cisco ASA clusters for unused rule and consolidating rule.
- Configured site to site VPN s & clients to site VPN tunnels through multiple Cisco VPN concentrators & Cisco ASA (5585/5525) firewalls, maintained access policies for remote users, for network security.
Confidential - Houston, TX
Sr. Network Engineer
- Responsible for Internal and external accounts and, managing LAN/WAN and checking for Security.
- Configured, installed, & managed DHCP, DNS, & WINS servers.
- Configuration & maintenance of Cisco2600 series routers with OSPF.
- Configuration and maintenance of Cisco ASR routers such as ASR 1013, 1009-X, 1006, 1006-X,1004, 1002-HX, 1002-X, 1001-X routers.
- Worked on migration of Frame Relay based branches to MPLS based VPN for customer’s WAN infrastructure.
- Worked on migration of existing PIX firewall to ASA firewall, PIX OS upgrade from 6.3 to 7.0, also configured on BIG IP (F5) Load balancers and also monitored the Packet Flow in the load balancers.
- Experience working with CLI F5 Bgi-Pipe, TMSH
- Worked on the security levels with AAA, RADIUS, TACACS+.
- Worked with Blue coat and handled the Trouble Tickets on F5 Load Balancers.
- Upgrading the network by translating protocols like EIGRP to OSPF.
- Installed and configured F5 Load balancers and firewalls with LAN/WAN configuration.
- Worked on various Nexus Products 7010, 7009.
- Create and test Cisco routers and switching operations using OSPF routing protocol.
- To secure configurations of load balancing in F5, SSL/VPN connections, Troubleshooting CISCO ASA firewalls, and related network security measures.
- Experience working with Layer 1-7 switching, TCP/IP, OSPF and load balancing (Cisco L2/L3 switches, firewalls, load balancers.
- Experiences also includes working with Checkpoint R77 Series, Cisco ASA 55XX and the Fortinet ‘s 51B, 300C Firewall Series.
- Proactively manage customer Firewall's (FW), Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS) and other security threat data sources on Check point and Juniper FW's.
- Driving the adoption of next-gen SDN/NFV based cloud among Juniper Networks accounts by helping the customers in designing / implementing / deploying innovative scalable SDN/NFV solutions for their next generation network design with Juniper SDN/NFV oerings Contrail SDN Controller, virtual MX edge router and virtual SRX security gateway.
- Worked extensively in Configuring, Monitoring and Troubleshooting Cisco's ASA 5500/PIX security appliance, Failover DMZ zoning & configuring VLANs/routing/ NAT’ing with the firewalls per design.
- Worked with security issue like applying ACL's, configuring NAT and VPN.
- Troubleshoot issues related to connectivity, STP, VLANs, Trunking, VTP, Layer 2/3switching, Ether Channels, Inter-VLAN routing, log messages, high CPU utilization and parameters that can degrade Performance of the network.
- Develop, design and implement firewall infrastructure surrounding Checkpoint and Cisco Firewalls and a good experience with security tools and protocols like NERC/CIP and SOX.
- Installed and Configured Checkpoint Firewall in Internet Edge.
- Responsible for the implementation, organization and operation of Palo Alto Firewalls based on perimeter security network (PA-3020, PA-5220)
- Configured SSL-Forward Proxy and SSL-Inbound inspection on Palo Alto Firewalls.
- Expertise in maintenance of layer2 switching tasks which advocate VLAN, VTP, STP, RSTP, PVST, RPVST, configuring of ether channel with LACP and PAGP along with troubleshooting of inter-VLAN routing.
- Maintained and managed networks running EIGRP and BGP routing protocols
- Tested Confidential SD-WAN product offering including Cisco SD-WAN, VNF, Openstack, Cisco-iWAN, Meraki SD-WAN, and Versa Networks SD-WAN in support of customer Proof-of-Concept testing.
- Hands On experience in push Policy from Panorama to Firewall in Palo Alto.
- Configured various Router interfaces like ATM interface, T3 & Channelized T1 interfaces.
- Configuring HSRP between VLANs, Configuring Ether-Channels, Port Channel on 6500 catalysts.
- Experienced in installation, configuration and maintenance of Cisco Nexus 7K, 5K switches.
- Experience in managing the load balancers in a high-availability infrastructure.
- Experience with handling DNS and DHCP servers.
- Configuring and managing Blue Coat Proxy Servers.
- Analyzed packet data (wireless) using Wireshark.
- Real world experience designing, deploying, and operating Wi-Fi in high density - large scale indoor venue.
- Optimized worst performing cells on all 802.11 g/n/ac, LTE technologies and resolved service impacting issues on multi-bands (5 GHz, 2.4 GHz, 1.9 GHz & 800 MHz).
- Generating RCA (Root Cause Analysis) for critical issues of layer1/ layer2/ layer3 problems.
- Responsible for implementing, engineering, & level 2 support of existing network technologies / services & integration of new network technologies.
- Worked for change management procedure and implementation of configuration changes during non-production window.