- A highly motivated individual who rapidly diagnoses and resolves complex network, hardware, software and client support issues. Results - driven, with the proven ability to administer and control the operation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of multi- size networks.
Protocols: NAT/PAT, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, STP/RSTP, VLANS, VTP, ACL, OSI and TCP/IP
Hardware: Router 2900 and 3900 (ISR series), Switch 2900, 3550/3560 and 3750and 3850 series. Nexus 3000/500
Software: Cisco IOS, NX OS Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), Windows XP, Windows Server (2003, 2008), Active Directory, F5 Big-IP Load balancer
Monitoring tools: Nagios and solarWinds.
Security: Cisco ASA.
Ticketing System: Remedy
Patching Management: SCCM
IT Consultant/Network Engineer
- Worked with network engineers to perform surveys and cutover stations and offices to new cisco infrastructure
- Configured and install Cisco 3650 /3850 switches
- Installed of Cisco AERONET 2800 Series Access Points and it to the Wireless LAN Controller.
- Troubleshooting networking connectivity issues on both wire and wireless network.
- Patched network jacks and re - engineering cable management data closets
- Study and document existing infrastructures
- Assist Network Engineers on deploying equipment
- Labeled, Patched, and managed cables in IDFs and MDFs
- Used routing protocols such as OSPF, EIGRP and BGP.
- Implemented, integrate and maintained the efficiency of the VLAN infrastructure to support data and voice traffic.
- Installed, configured and tested LAN/WAN Cisco switches and routers.
- Troubleshoot and resolved routing issues using tools on Cisco ASA such as Packet tracer, wire shark, traceroute etc.
- Configured access-list using both ASDM and command line level.
- Troubleshoot layer two switch related issues such as STP, VTP and RSTP.
- Configured OSPF and EIGR protocols on routers.
- Applied HSRP, VRRP and GLBP on LAN routers to achieve 100% network uptime for redundancy.
- Monitored network performance to determine necessary adjustments needed using SolarWinds
- Used OSI model to troubleshoot network connectivity issues to find the root cause of problems
- Replaced antennas, wireless routers, and cable-set boxes and wiring if identified as cause of problem.
- Used fluke and toner to trace a switch and find the configuration on a switch port.
- Configured WAN protocols such as HDLC, PPP and MPLS.
Network Support Associate
- Installed and configured network routers, switches and security devices with my team members.
- Identified and resolved network related issues and provided technical support.
- Documented network problem/resolution and designs for future reference.
- Traced switch ports and, cables using flukes.
- Upgraded Windows XP to Windows 7 and Office 2007 and 2010
- Backed-up and restored of all critical resources including router & switches IOS, Outlook, DHCP, DNS using Solarwinds.
- Assisted the IT department with various IT-related tasks such as, password recovery, tasks.
- Performed all duties with minimal supervision.
IT Support Analyst
- Gathered and maintained inventory of personal computers
- Received and logged requests for support from help desk.
- Monitored progress of requests for support and ensured users were kept informed.
- Troubleshoot and resolved network related issues in a timely manner.
- Assisted the IT department with various IT-related upgrades, projects, and tasks.
- Open to learn new technologies.