- I'm seeking a position as a IT Manager. I have worked in Operations for the last 20 years, where I've had a myriad of positions and acquired countless skills and expertise along the way in network scripting, network management.
- I've work with Proof of concept projects to test and develop new technologies to improve the company’s profitability and the efficiency of the network.
- I've worked with network vendors to propose and determine new cost saving and efficient technology upgrades and integrations. I've worked with internal and external teams, software teams, security teams, data center engineers to complete projects from end - to-end, starting from preparing and designing the physical infrastructure to support new project installation.
- And then work with vendors to coordinate shipment and receiving and complete purchase order of all necessary equipment. As a part of preparing for future growth and scalability, I've been a part of capacity planning to ensure a reliable customer experience network experience while preparing for company growth.
- As a senior engineer, I've been in charge of supervising staff and projects to completion, while ensuring a smooth transition for integration of new features and equipment into the existing network. I've reached a point in my career, where I'm seeking more growth and would like to step into a fulltime management role.
- My main asset is my communication skills, I love what I and I love technology. I love leading and inspiring team members to strive to be the best of themselves. I'm a team player but also have the ability to take a lead projects and staff to successful completion. I would love to be in an environment that takes advantage of all my talents as a technologist, a communicator, a leader.
- VMware Virtualization to implement 5G core with Kubernetes
- VMware integration with NSX and VMware director for VM deployment
- Cisco UCS for server virtualization(Service Profiles, Server Pools, vNIC templates, UCS Policies)
- Netapp storage engineering creating Aggregates, Volumes and LUN’s for NFS and iSCSI storage and PXE boot
- Netapp ipspaces for service provider storage supporting various customers
- Netapp, VMware, UCS setup and integration
- Linux setup and server administration
- Spirent testing and simulation
- Design engineering and integration of Cisco ACI implementation in the Data Center
- Creation of RFP for Cisco ACI integration
- ZScaler Cloud Proxy proof of concept and integration into network.
- Worked with Multiple vendors to coordinate a smooth integration process
- Reviewed design for bill of materials and PO’s that were issued
- Team Lead for offshore team of 6 L1/L2 engineers
- Created implementation Guides and plans for procedures for network implementation
Senior Network Engineer/Design
- Global implementation and design engineer for Sykes Global network.
- Lead Projects to integrate client networks into the Sykes global MPLS network in locations such as US, Mexico, Costa Rica, Shanghai China, and Manila Philippines, and Microsoft Azure
- Lead engineering design meetings with engineers around the globe to manage traffic over a Global MPLS network riding across Confidential and ATT infrastructure.
- Performed traffic analysis to justify purchasing of new circuits based on redundancy/bandwidth needs and expected client needs.
- Lead detailed discussions with clients such as Legalzoom, Walmart and Intuit Turbo Tax, etc… to determine best network design for performance, redundancy, capacity, and peering agreements based on customer need etc…
- Maintained a strong customer focus and business presence in clients meetings and design calls to ensure quality of work and build confidence in the Sykes product offering.
- Effective and patient communicator in technical meetings as well as to the wider business audience(Directors, Sr. Managers etc…) to understand the direction of projects, and maintain a clear vision for customer satisfaction
- Construct test plans to integrate new designs and configuration into production network(VMware, GNS3 simulation)
- Collaborate with Architecture Team to develop and define network architecture which incorporates standards, practices, processes, and products to optimize client connectivity
- F5 Load balancer used as a VPN concentrator for remote access - utilizing APM and LTM modules.
- Integrate and Troubleshoot various voice platforms from various clients into the Sykes network Avaya ONEX, Cisco CUCM connectivity, Jabber, IP Communicator VoIP, H.323 issues, Avaya ACD, Mitel Softphone, Finesse Softphone
- WAN Policy based routing, traffic shaping, load-balancing, latency, data throughput, WAN optimization and monitoring
Network Infrastructure Planner
- Capacity Planning for Confidential 's Private and Public Core Network using modeling programs MATE and WANDL
- Modeling of Content Delivery providers (Netflix, Google, Akamai, Edgecast etc...) in Confidential East market to determine most efficient use of bandwidth to transport customer traffic and determine best colocation facility based on rent of rack space, power needs, equipment cost and other colocation factors.
- Modeling of core networks to identify potential impacts to customer traffic using Traffic-Engineering and failure analysis while considering fate-sharing(SRLG), RSVP-TE Tunnels, LDP Tunnels over TE-Tunnels
- Simulated the use of Pseudo-wires(L2VPN) in the converged core to traffic engineer Private IP traffic to better utilize the available bandwidth in the Converged Core network, and to allow the decommission legacy PIP network: determined the total capital investment in million dollar projects.
- Traffic analysis between various POP locations to best route traffic and propose new interconnections based on distance(latency), price, expected traffic, existing hardware and inventory etc…
- Traffic engineering analysis to efficiently use our underwater infrastructure to reduce cost for peak hour traffic overseas and around the world AMEA, APAC and AMER regions
- Created million dollar proposals to upper management and engineering teams for capital investment in new hardware requirements to support capacity needs.
- Monitored Private peerings with Confidential and other providers such and Level3, ATT, Qwest, etc…
- Modeling and capital planning for the Confidential core network to support FIOS IPTV and Netflix CDN networks, proposed new solutions for network growth
- Project network design meetings for (IPTV, OnCue Mobile, L-BGP, SDN, RR Virtual Platforms-UCS C240, MPLS) in Confidential core network.
- Implemented technologies in Confidential core network: IPVPN/MPLS, VoIP, Ethernet and Dedicated Internet, Metro-Ethernet, T1/MLPPP
Regional Data Engineer
- Network Team Lead for Confidential Northern California/Nevada LTE core routing and switching
- Managed/Researched hardware, software, and services needed in the LTE environment and managed process from purchase, shipping, installation.
- Created Purchase Orders and received POs for services, licenses and equipment from various vendors
- Provide technical expertise/presentations on the operation, configuration of Juniper and Cisco platforms in 4G/LTE environment
- Coordinated network integration for Confidential Operations of 30 engineers across Northern California and Nevada
- Lead LTE network migrations for 4G platform upgrade for over 3 million customers
- Authored network procedures for Juniper MX/EX platforms and Cisco CSR/ASR platforms to support LTE EPC environment PGW(XGW,EPDG), SGW, MME, etc…
- Led discussions with internal groups(Operations, Maintenance Engineering, etc…) and external vendor’s(Juniper, Cisco) to ensure smooth process flow and accurate timelines
- Troubleshoot/Configured various IP Protocols to support LTE infrastructure: BGP, OSPF, MPLS, Vlan’s, VPN’s, VRF’s etc…
- Coordinated core network integration of the following LTE elements (ePDG, eXGW, VoLTE, SBC, eMBMS, E911, DNS, Femto Gateway, MRFP)
Data Center Engineer/Supervisor
- Supervised a team of Data center technicians responsible for Data Center installations, cabling port turn-ups, and network configuration
- Participated in hiring and dismal of employees.
- Installed and troubleshoot network transport, transmission and layer one network devices, including DACS and DCS panels and cross connects
- Implementation of core data center infrastructure: LAN/WAN, Internet, MPLS, routing, switching to support LTE
- Partner with other Service Delivery teams on project planning, implementation and operational support
- Set pace and prioritization for projects supporting network installation and configuration for various Operations Teams
- Performed Protocol Analysis and Packet Captures using Wireshark, NetScout, Fluke, T-Berd, and other Fiber test tools.
- Coordinated the installation, testing, and troubleshooting of transmission facilities (Dark Fiber, EBH, 100G,10G, OC192, OC48, OC3, T3, T1 and DS)
- Incognito Cable provisioning software for IP Allocation, CMTS and Modem management
- Referred, escalated and managed repair of outage until resolution and full customer satisfaction.
- CMTS maintenance on CAM’s, PIC’s, FCM, RCM, and SCM
- Channel bonding and load balancing configuration for DOCSIS 3.0
- Responsible for DHCP and Non-DHCP Node moves.
- BGP, OSPF and VLAN configuration for business customers (Cisco ASR9K)
- Managed Cisco routers and switches for customer IP connectivity, VLANs, IP routing and IP address management.
- Troubleshoot and configured IP routing protocols BGP, OSPF
- Monitor Video network, Antenna’s, receivers, ION encoders, MRD, transcoders, BNP 2XR/1XR.
- Proactive monitoring of customer networks via Netcool/ Solarwinds.
Tech installer/Voice Tech/Provisioner
- Supported internal customers(Field Techs, Account Managers, etc.) and external business customers
- Performed TCP/IP troubleshooting on CMTS and CM/EMTA over DOCSIS network
- Performed troubleshooting on VoIP architecture (SIP Proxy(Routing/Authentication), Soft Switch(PBX), Gateways).
- Configured and supported Headend equipment and routers, switches.
- Provisioned call coverage paths, automatic call distribution groups (ACD), announcements, class of restriction (COR), class of service (COS), music-on-hold
- Handled LNP and E911 orders(FOC’s, TN’s), Fulfilling requests for moves, adds, and changes
- Field Tech: Reviewed service request with customer. Surveyed installation wiring for location of cable outlets
- Field Tech: Tested video and data services line quality for appropriate signal strength at the customer location
- Field Tech: Climbed power lines and completed cabling to customer premise based on industry standards: NEC, NESC, OSHA, FCC
- Maintained the UofI Financial Aid Web site to support FASFA application process.
- Developed web portals and front - end in C# and SQL DB administration
- Participated in architecture, design patterns for platform development
- Developed new applications that integrated with legacy CSS, HTML web applications
- Completed CCNA course at Parkland College in Champaign, IL
- Installed Hub’s and repeaters transceivers using vampire cables to connect Windows 2000/XP machines
- Applied security updates and patches, perform hardware upgrades( CPU, memory, and disk)
- Troubleshoot and resolved hardware or software failures the network and Windows workstations
Computer Lab Tech
- My first job in computer technology and understanding computer technology
- Performed cabling, add, moves and changes
- Trained new users how to use different computer applications and computers in general
- Monitored Lab workstations running windows 95/98 were working at optimal performance
- Migrated systems from windows 95 to windows 98