- Associated with IT industry with 8+ years of experience working as Cloud/DevOps Engineer with a major focus on Release Management, Software Development, Linux Systems Administration, Software Configuration Management (SCM), Build and Release Engineering, Deployment, DevOps Engineer, and Automation, deployment, documenting and support and troubleshooting.
- Experience in system administration working on multi - platform VMware, LINUX (Redhat, SUSE), UNIX (Oracle Solaris 9/10) and windows server 2003 & 2008.
- Extensible experience in setting up Baseline, Branching, Merging, Develop and manage Pre-and Post-Commit hook scripts; provide support for parallel development using version control tools for various global and distributed teams.
- Hands on experience in GCP services like EC2, S3, ELB, RDS, SQS, EBS, VPC, EBS, AMI, SNS, RDS, EBS, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation GCP Config, Autoscaling, CloudFront, IAM, R53
- Experience in Windows Azure Services like PaaS, IaaS and worked on Azure PaaS storages like blob SQL Azure. Well experienced in deployment, configuration management and virtualization, maintenance and troubleshooting applications on Microsoft Cloud infrastructure AZURE.
- Set-up databases in GCP using RDS, storage using S3 bucket and configuring instance backups to S3 bucket. prototype CI/CD system with GitLab on GKE utilizing kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment for the CI/CD systems to build and test and deploy.
- Good understanding of popular application frameworks like Struts, Spring, Spring Boot and ORM tools like Hibernate.
- Expertise in automation tools like Git, Subversion, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, FAI, Ansible, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes and Nagios.
- Experience in Cloud service platforms like Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure.
- Deployed infrastructure on AWS utilizing services such as EC2, ELB, SNS, SQS, RDS, VPC, CloudFront and Managed Network and Security, Route 53, Direct Connect, IAM, Cloud Formation, AWS OpsWorks (Automate operations), Elastic Beanstalk, AWS S3, Glacier(Storage in the cloud) and Cloud Watch Monitoring Management.
- Responsible for the creation of S3 buckets and policies and for the creation of IAM role-based policies. Configured S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to and backup files and archive files in Glacier.
- Implemented AWS Lambda functions to run scripts in response to events in Amazon DynamoDB table, S3 bucket, HTTP requests using Amazon API Gateway.
- Manage Amazon Redshift clusters such as launching the cluster and specifying the node type as well.
- Worked on PowerShell/Bash scripts to gather resources metrics from AWS EC2 Instances, and configured Alerts and Dashboards using AWS CloudWatch Monitoring.
- Wrote ANSIBLE Playbooks with Python, SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python. Run Ansible Scripts to provision Dev servers.
- Experience in using Ansible to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Database, Commands, Users Mount Points, and Packages. Also, worked on integrating Ansible YAML Scripts.
- Good experience in writing Cloud Formation Templates (CFT) in JSON and YAML format to build the AWS services with the paradigm of Infrastructure as a Code.
- Server configure management via Chef. Experience in Setting up Chef Workstation, Working with Chef Cookbooks, Chef Recipes, Chef attributes.
- Experience in Installing Chef Server Enterprise On-premise/workstation/bootstrapped the nodes using knives and developed Chef Cookbooks, Recipes, Roles and Data Bags to automate the services related to deployment.
- Created and Maintained Chef Recipes and Cookbooks to simplify and expedite deployment of applications and mitigate user error.
- Created and updated PuppetManifets and modules to manage configurations and automate installation process and developed automation scripting in Python using Puppet to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers.
- Extensively worked with Scheduling, deploying, managing container replicas onto a node cluster using Kubernetes and experience in creating Kubernetes clusters and working with frameworks running on the same cluster resources. Proficient knowledge with Mesos providing the fine-grained resource allocations for pods across nodes in a cluster.
- Expertise in creating Pods using Kubernetes and worked with Jenkins pipelines to drive all micro services builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of working with Jenkins and Maven for continuous integration of applications built on MuleSoft any point platform.
- Experience working with TwistLock platform for security and compliance of Docker containers.
- Experience working with Aquasec platform to secure runtime containers and achieve continuous image assurance.
- Hands-on experience working with Hashicorp's tools Vagrant and Packer.
- Expertise in using Docker including Docker Hub, Docker Engine, Docker images, compose, swarm, and Docker Registry and used containerization to make our applications platform to be consistently flexible when they are moved into different environments.
- Experience in using Docker and setting up ELK with Docker and Docker-Compose. Actively involved in deployments on Docker using Kubernetes.
- Experience in creating Docker Containers leveraging existing Linux Containers and AMI's in addition to creating Docker Containers from scratch using Dockerfile.
- Installed and configured automated tool Puppet that included the installation and configuration of the Puppet master, agent nodes and an admin control workstation. Hands-on experience with puppet manifests for deployment and automation and has integrated Puppet with Jenkins to fully deploy on to a Jenkins server to provide with continuous deployment and testing to automate deployment of infrastructure.
- Experience in integrating Jenkins with various tools like Maven (Build tool), Git (Repository), SonarQube (code verification), Nexus (Artifactory) and implementing CI/CD automation for creating Jenkins pipelines programmatically architecting Jenkins Clusters.
- Experience in Artifact repository and repository management tools like QUAY, Nexus and JFrog.
- Hands on experience with testing frameworks Junit, Selenium, cucumber.js for setup, build and delivery pipeline.
- Experience in Administration/Maintenance of Source Control Management Systems such as Git, GitHub, Tortoise Subversion (SVN), IBM Clear case and Perforce.
- Expertise in using build tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts such as .war &. ear from source code. Created and maintained Ant build.xml and Maven Pom.xml for performing the build procedures.
- Expertise in working with different Bug Tracking Tools like JIRA, ClearQuest, Rally and Quality center (QC).
- Experience in real-time monitoring and alerting of applications deployed in AWS using Cloud Watch, Nagios, and Splunk.
- Experience in creating and managing user accounts, Security policies, Rights, Disk spaces, Disk quotas and Process monitoring in CentOS and Red Hat Linux.
- Experience in configuring NIS, DNS, DHCP, NFS, SAMBA, FTP, Remote Access Protocol, Security Management, Security trouble shoots and SOA-based applications. Expertise in installations of SQLserver, MYSQL server and PostgreSQL.
- Monitoring the servers using tools like BMC and Nagios and providing 24x7 on call support rotation basis.
- Extensively experienced in using Build Automation tools like Maven,MSBuild, Gradle, SBT and frameworks like Spring Boot, Spring MVC with Jenkins for build and deployment.
Operating System: Microsoft Windows (XP, Vista, 8,10), Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS, RedHat, SUSE), Solaris 11/10/9/8, Ubuntu 12/13, HP-UX 11.0, 11.11, 11.23, 11.31
Services: LDAP, DNS, BIND, HTTP, HTTPS, POP3, NFS, TLS/SSL, DHCP
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, MAVEN, ANT, Bamboo,Gradle
Versioning Tools: GIT, Subversion (SVN), ClearCase, Bitbucket
Configuration Management: Chef, Puppet, Ansible
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Zabbix, Splunk, SonarQube,S3(Simple Storage Service),Cron jobs, Cloud watch, Grayfana, GrayLog
Programming Languages: Python, Shell Scripting, Bash, Ruby, Groovy
Databases: Elastic Search, MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, MongoDB, Cassandra
Cloud: Amazon Web Services, Openstack, Microsoft Azure, google cloud (GCP)
Application/Web Server: Apache Tomcat, IIS, WebSphere, WebLogic,Jboss,nginx
Ticketing Tools: JIRA, BMC Remedy, Confluence, Bugzilla
Containerization: Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes
Virtualization Technologies: Oracle VirtualBox, Vagrant.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Sr. DevOps/Cloud/AWS Engineer
- Experience as Cloud Engineer project teams that involved different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases.
- Design of Cloud architectures for customers looking to migrate or develop new PaaS, IaaS, or hybrid solutions utilizing Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Installed, Configured and Maintained RedHat Linux (RedHat Enterprise Linux 5.x, 6.x& 7.x) on SPARC, x86 and Blade Centre’s.
- Involved in designing and deploying multiple applications utilizing almost all of the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, ECS, DynamoDB, SNS, SQS, IAM, CloudFront) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling in AWS CloudFormation.
- Responsible for taking the source code and compiling using Maven and package it in its distributable format, such as a WAR file.
- Managed different infrastructure resources, like physical machines, VMs and even Docker containers using Terraform It supports different Cloud service providers like AWS.
- Built Jenkins jobs to create AWS infrastructure from GitHub repos containing Terraform code.
- Configure ELK stack in conjunction with AWS and use LogStash to output data to AWS S3.
- Involved in AWS EC2/VPC/S3/SQS/SNS based automation through Terraform, Ansible, Python, Bash Scripts. Adopted new features as they were released by Amazon, including ELB & EBS.
- DevOps role converting existing AWS infrastructure to Server-less architecture (AWS Lambda, Kinesis) deployed via terraform.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, application server setup, stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks.
- Wrote ANSIBLE Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of OpenStack Nodes and test Ansible Playbooks on AWS instances using Python. Worked in DevOps group running Jenkins in a Docker container with EC2 slaves in AWS cloud configuration.
- Focused on containerization and immutable infrastructure. Docker has been core to this experience, along with Kubernetes. Experienced in using Docker Swarm and deployed spring boot applications.
- Used Gradle, xcodeand Maven as a build tools on Java, android and swift based projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Developed container support for cloud environments and Docker. Deployed the applications in Docker containers and managed the containers Confidential enterprise level.
- Created Docker images using a Docker file, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes.
- Used Gradle, xcode and Maven as a build tools on Java, android and swift based projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Created Docker file for each micro services and changed some of the Tomcat configuration files which are required to deploy Java based applications to the Docker container.
- Providing automation and deployment of applications inside software containers by providing an additional layer of abstraction and automation of operating system level virtualization on Linux using Dockers.
- Expertise in integrating Terraform with Ansible, Packer to create and Version the AWS Infrastructure. Created Docker images that handled Tomcat installation using major versions on the existing Maven-based image and then worked on building and testing these images.
- Automated Compute Engine and Docker Image Builds with Jenkins and Kubernetes.
- Integrated Dockercontainer orchestration framework using Kubernetes by creating pods, configMaps, deployments.
- Worked on rolling back to an earlier deployment when instability happens using Kubernetes.
- In Docker container deploying micro services, and scaling the deployment using Kubernetes
- I Configured and monitored distributed and multi-platform servers using Nagios.Worked on User administration setup, maintaining account, Monitor system performance using Nagios, Grafana and Tivoli.
- Wrote python scripts for implementing Lambda functions. Created API as a front door application to access data or functionality from backend services running on EC2 and code running on Lambda or any web application.
- Created Log collection in ELKB (ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana, Filebeat) installed Filebeat on all nodes in the cluster to send log data to Logstash. Applied filters on log data before sending to Elasticsearch.
- Extensive working knowledge on automation for deployment/ configuration of different Application servers like WebLogic, JBoss, Web Servers like Apache, Tomcat and Web Containers like Nginx etc.
Environment: Ansible, AWS,GIT, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Nagios, ANT, MAVEN, MySQL-NoSQLDatabase,Web Logic, Python, Shell Scripts, XML, UNIX, Linux(RHEL), Ansible, Stash, PowerShell, Windows XP, Oracle, JIRA
Confidential, San Diego, CA
AWS DevOps/Cloud Engineer
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Worked on google cloud platform (GCP) services like compute engine, cloud load balancing, cloud storage, cloud SQL, stack driver monitoring and cloud deployment manager.
- Setup GCP Firewall rules to allow or deny traffic to and from the VM's instances based on specified configuration and used GCP cloud CDN (content delivery network) to deliver content from GCP cache locations drastically improving user experience and latency.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources, VPC, EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in CloudFormation JSON templates.
- Worked on integrating GIT into the continuous Integration (CI) environment along with Jenkins, Cruise Control and Subversion. Written scripts to containerize Chef using Docker and orchestrate it using Kubernetes.
- Implemented Jenkins Code Deploy plugin to deploy to AWS and used to automate the build process and deploy the application to Tomcat server.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modify and optimize end product configuration, converting production support scripts to Chef Recipes and AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes.
- Implemented Chef Recipes for Deployment on build on internal Data Centre Servers. Also re-used and modified same Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
- Responsible for providing an end to end solution for hosting the web application on AWS cloud with integration to S3 buckets.
- Set up a GCP Firewall rules in order to allow or deny traffic to and from the VM's instances based on specified configuration and used GCP cloud CDN (content delivery network) to deliver content from GCP cache locations drastically improving user experience and latency.
- Enabled the Amazon Cloud watch to monitor major metrics like Network packets, CPU utilization and load balancer.
- Implemented CI/CD for all the Microservices of the OEM application using Jenkins.
- Established Chef Best practices approaches to systems deployment with tools such as vagrant, berkshelf and test-kitchen and the treatment of each Chef cookbook as a unit of software deployment, independently version controlled.
- Created and maintained Python scripts for automation build and Used Chef to maintain configuration on LINUX servers and also Created Cloud Formation Templates (CFT) to launch the stacks.
- Developed Cron jobs and windows Shell Scripts (PowerShell, C#) for automating administration tasks like file system management process management, backup and restore.
- Wrote Python and Shell scripts to monitor installed enterprise applications and to get Managed the configurations of multiple servers using Chef. Created multiple recipes and customized facts for efficient management of the Chef clients.
- Configured chef to manage AWS environments and automate the build process for core AMIs used by all application deployments including Auto scaling, and incorporating chef using AWS OpsWorks on the JSON Cloud Formation scripts for the configuration deployment onto the nodes.
- Used AppDynamics for administrative activities like user management, application management and monitoring controller performance. Splunk used for monitoring system logs essential to finding problems and halting deployment pipelines. Implemented POC for AppDynamics monitoring along with splunk to enhance the performance of Applications.
- Continuous Integration, automated deployment and management using TeamCity, Graddle, JIRA,Testing Frameworks, Code quality tools like SonarQube and many other comparable tools based on the requirements.
- In Depth knowledge of computer applications and scripting like shell, python, powerShell, Bash and Groovy.
- Deployed code on WebSphere application servers for Production, QA, and Development environments.
- Closely worked with development, QA and other teams to ensure automated test efforts and integrated with the build system and in fixing the error while doing the deployment and building.
Environment: Ansible, Jenkins, AWS (EC2, S3, EBS, ELB, RDS, SNS, SQS, VPC, Redshift, Cloud formation, Cloudwatch, ELK Stack), python (BOTO API), Shell scripting, Ruby, Linux Administration, Microservices, Terraform, Ant, Cassandra, MongoDB, Docker, Kubernetes, JIRA, GIT, Splunk.
Confidential, Calumet, IL
Linux System Administrator
- Extensive knowledge of common protocols such as SNMP, HTTP, HTTPS, SMTP, NTP, DNS, TCP/IP, and FTP.
- Building servers with Jumpstart / Kickstart, CD on timely basis, along with corporate wide requirements.
- Managed systems routine backup, scheduling jobs, enabling Cron jobs, enabling system logging and network logging of servers for maintenance.
- Involved in automating integration and test environments, including deploying WAR and EARfiles, stopping and starting Application Servers and dynamically creating server profiles/instances and defining resources.
- Responsible for designing and deploying best SCM processes and procedures.
- Updated Release reports from change management control.
- Maintained and Administered GITHUB Source Code Tool.
- Created Branches, Labels and performed Merges in Stash and GITHUB.
- Used Artifactory repository tool for maintaining the java based release code packages.
- Used Puppet configuration management tools to deploy consistent infrastructure code across multiple environments.
- Automated the installation, deployment and maintenance of Middleware Application Servers to RHEL Development.
- Configuring and installing VMware Virtual Center Servers and VMware Vcenter Appliance. Also managed VMwareESXi hosts using Vsphere client and Web client. Created and deployed LVM, resized the logical volume and volume group.
- Written Shell scripts to apply the Integration label to all the files which needs manual labelling of files.
- Created bespoke tools to support and enable Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment and system monitoring/reporting using JSP and Shell Scripts with a MySQL database.
- Developed custom reporting tools, setting up automated health monitoring and alerting for builds and environments.
Environment: Red Hat Linux 5.x, 6.x, Autosys, VMware vSphere 4.0, VMware ESX 3.5.0, GIT, Shell Scripting, MySQL, Tomcat, Nagios.
Build & Release Engineer
- Installed and administered RHEL versions 6/6.3/6.4/6.5 and Centos 5.x/6.x. and applied security policies for hardening the server based on the company policies.
- Planning to move from VCLOUD to GCP
- Migrated applications to the PKS, GCP cloud
- Administer (RHEL 5/6/7) which includes installation, testing, tuning, upgrading and loading patches, troubleshooting both physical and virtual server issues.
- Worked on User administration setup, maintaining account, Monitor system performance using Nagios and also Graylog.
- Monitored Memory Utilization, Disk Utilization, CPUUtilization for monitoring performance in Linux server.
- Installation and administration of TCP/IP, NFS, DNS, NTP, Auto mounts, send mail and print servers as per the client's requirement.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Responsible for CI environments (Jenkins, Nexus, Sonar).
- Coordinated application release with developer, DBA, QA and project management teams.
- Analyze and create daily reports on the status of server backups on intranet and extranet.
- Gained experience working with VSphere, VMWare, VMWare Orchestrator, working with templates and ISOLinux configurations.
- Responsible for day to day Build and Deployments in pre-production and production environments.
- Used uDeploy to Integrate with multiple build systems and to provide an application model handling multiple projects.
- Implementation & Managing of RAID levels like RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5 using Solaris Volume Manager.
- Creating and Scheduling of Cron Jobs such as backup, System Monitoring and removal of unnecessary files.
- Writing Shell scripts for automation of daily tasks, documenting the changes that happen in the environment and in each server, analyzing the error logs, analyzing the User logs, analyzing the /var/log/messages.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve problems with the OS build failures.
Environment: Puppet, Git, putty, windows, Java/J2EE, Ruby, Eclipse, Ant, Jenkins, Maven, Jira, Junit, Linux, Tomcat Apache Application Server.