- Extensive hands - on experience in Telecommunication, network engineering, troubleshooting and repair.
- Configured and maintained complex routing in the core. Supervised permanent and contract personnel.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interface Confidential all levels.
- I am a motivated self-starter that thrives on new challenges and have the ability to thrive in both independent and collaborative work environments as a valued support team member.
Network Operating Systems: Cisco IOS, JunOS
Operating Systems: WIN7 /WIN10, UNIX, SD-WAN, Linux
Routing Protocols: RIP, OSPF, BGP-4, eBGP/iBGP, EIGRP, PIM, IGMP MPLS (L2/L3 VPN,SD-WAN
Routing / Switching Hardware: Cisco, 6500, 7600, 2821, 3800 and Juniper M320 and MX960, Juniper QFX and Nortel 8600, Aruba, SD-Wan(VERSA), F5, Nexus, Meraki
Software & Tools: MS Project, MS Excel, AutoCAD, IPAM, HPNA, Visio
IP NETWORK ENGINEER
- Experience in the financial industry
- Experience designing, administering and troubleshooting multicast networks
- Configuring routing and switching to maximize network efficiency and security
- Maximizing network performance through ongoing monitoring and troubleshooting
- Investigating faults in the network
- Updating network equipment to the latest firmware releases
- Review engineering design
- Upgrading and configuring Cisco and Juniper Switches,
- EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, and MPLS, PIM, IGMP
- Method of Procedure (MOP)
- Experience with network planning, supporting Lan, and Wireless network infrastructures.
- Directs and controls activities of design, analysis, planning, and implementation of network components.
- Reviews and prioritizes network needs.
- Monitor and manage scheduled maintenance work.
- Responsible for the day-to-day activities of design, analysis, planning, and implementation of network components
- Deploying SD-WAN(Versa)
- Manage and support Network Events Managers in performing complex assignments and providing support for troubleshooting and maintaining IP networks, concentrating on facilities ranging from Fast Ethernet to 100Gig and Cisco carrier-class routers and switches (CRS, GSR, 76xx).
- Two years of engineering experience supporting a wide variety of Cisco Routers and Switches across multiple hardware platforms.
- Two years engineering experience or higher with WAN routing protocols in an enterprise environment
- Lead responsible for project planning and designing of a scalable network infrastructure solutions to meet business requirements for a high availability network.
- Responsible for leading and coordinating the designing, testing, implementing, and supporting enterprise network infrastructure for multiple projects/teams of high priority and complexity.
- Work on multiple technical projects, as assigned
- Configure and deploy Nortel 8610, Cisco 2821 (CRS, 12416 ASR, 7613/09), Cisco Nexus7000 along with Juniper M and MX series routers.
- Design and setup OSPF/BGP Routing Protocols, switching VLAN, Juniper Fusion
- Decom Juniper MX960 and M320
- Experience deploying large scale changes to a production network via custom built scripts .
NETWORK CONTROL ENGINEER
- Promoted to a team lead on the Radio Access Network Tier 1 support in the West Mobility Network Reliability Center which included the following activities:
- Acted as a liaison between upper level managers and associates
- Resolved network issues submitted by internal customers to the radio access network department via email or phone
- Identified major network outages and engages the proper network personnel in order to quickly resolve the outage and restore cellular sites
- Created and documented new network processes as needed
- Trained network associates about vendor specific troubleshooting procedures and guided them on how to quickly resolve network issues
- Acted as a resource and was a knowledge base of experience on various network related issues
- Configure and troubleshoot Cisco SIAD, MSN8860s
- Solid understanding networking protocols: OSPF,EIGRP,BGP,MPLS,ISIS
- Experience with Ericsson 2G, 3G, UMTS/GSM, Lucent UMTS, Nokia GSM, Siemens and LTE. Advanced knowledge/experience with CTS and Net Analyst (or other facility testing tool) and the ability to interpret test results •
- Experience with LEC interface and understanding of processes and procedures • Analysis of Radio Access Network alarms. Drive accessibility and retain ability improvements that have a positive impact on network reliability.
- Fault Management support for Mobility transport. Focused on supporting the Confidential &T network in a 24/7 maintenance center.
- Use Ran Operational Support Systems (OSS) tool to manage alarms, network configuration, fault management, performance management, and wireless networks monitoring
- Proficient of Wireless Network Operation Center (NOC) processes and systems
Outside Plant Engineer
- Plans and prepares feeder and distribution drawings for the construction of new and the rearrangement of existing overhead or underground cables and conduits to obtain optimum and economical utilization of communications facilities:
- Analyze facility demands and forecasts to determine the need for new construction, rearrangements and removals.
- Selects routing of lines and equipment required for work projects. Initiates work authorization request and submits request with substantiating drawings and documents to management for approval.
- Process customer service orders that have been referred to the engineering department from the service advocate center.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, and effectively tracked all requirement to ensure smooth delivery.