- Strong and competent Information Security Professional with skills in Network Security and Information Security. Producing superior results in a fast - paced environment by prioritizing, delegating, and managing multiple simultaneous projects that produce timely and meticulous results. Exceptional skills with detection, prevention and response to threats against enterprise solutions. Responsible for monitoring multiple security technologies utilizing Security Information and Event management.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Check Point Firewalls
- Splunk Administration
- Security Architecture
- Dell Red Cloak
- Enterprise Tripwire
- Qualys Cloud Scanner
- Enterprise Carbon Black
- PCI v3.2 Compliance
- SOC 1 and 2 Compliance
- HIPAA Compliance
- AWS Cloud Security
IA Security Engineer
- Administrated and Designed R77 and R80.10 Check Point Firewalls in an Enterprise network with multiple Sites and policies utilizing several site-to-site tunnels and remote access.
- Monitored Network and user activity using multiple tools including native Check Point Console, Enterprise Security App in Splunk, Dell SecureWorks, Tripwire, Qualys and Carbon black.
- Monitored, built and administered the File Integrity Monitoring (FIM) solution for the Production and CDE environment utilizing Tripwire Enterprise.
- Engineered Network Security methods to close security gaps on products and enforce Enterprise policy that aligns with Security Best practice and Compliance requirements.
- Prevented and mitigated several security incidents using Splunk Enterprise security, Carbon Black, Red Cloak and Tripwire.
- Served as the Team lead on Several Security Projects that included Network Infrastructure rebuild, Splunk Redesign and SOC/PCI/HIPAA audits.
- Collaborated with several teams on Projects for Products and infrastructure needs.
- Resolved ~500 Security related issues across multiple teams and departments.
- Engineered new Processes in the security posture from Policy documentation to technical processes that impact all departments.
Assistant Security Manager
- Responded to Cyber Security incidents to include data spillages / malicious code detection, mitigating actions, and the loss of assets and services
- Routinely composed Emergency Action, Management, and System Security plans to include Information Systems Security Standard Operating Procedures
- Reported Operational Directive (OpDir) compliance for Marine Corps assets to include offsite locations (150 workstations, 500 users),
- Inspection (CCRI) resulting in the identification / mitigation of vulnerabilities
- Trained 15 System Administrators and Users in their roles and responsibilities to ensure network security to prevent spillages, malicious code, and loss of services
- Supervised Internet and DSN connectivity to multiple lower level organizations via tactical satellites utilizing Cisco switches and routers
- Provided network access for over 3000 users utilizing both Microsoft Windows 7 or XP operating systems
- Virtualized IT resources for a Microsoft environment on ESX servers resulting in the availability of network resources for optimal use and reallocation
Data Network Supervisor
- Designed networks consisting of Windows Server 2003/2008 and Exchange Server 2003/2010 on a VMWare ESXi platform
- Provided network access for over 3000 users, using either Microsoft Windows 7 or XP operating systems.
- Maintained 24-hour help-desk consisting of over 20 IT technicians and $4M of communication systems.